IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

i just made an appt for my first acupuncture appt on Friday afternoon.. has anyone else tried this? thoughts?

I've done 4 treatments and LOVE it .... very relaxing and suppose to really help with blood flow to the uterus etc. I figure it can't hurt to add it in ;) and the little needles don't feel like needles at all!

Ha, I can totally give myself shots but can't find the courage to do acupuncture. Capital "W" ussy!

I'm the exact opposite, Pcos! I can't give myself the shot, but have no problem with acupuncture. I've been to 5 sessions. Didn't feel much of anything after 2 sessions, but I asked the doctor if I should feel anything... he said yes, and oh boy after that I've walked out of there like I was about to fall asleep and very relaxed! It's expensive, but....... if it works....... FX'd!

On the news they said the earthquake was even felt over in Peoria, Illinois! I didn't feel it. So crazy!!! We had one here a few years back that I did feel and it was the strangest sensation, like being on a boat or something!

i'm from washington state and living in CA, and oddly enough, WA had more earthquakes. so, i've been in a lot of them. they are pretty scary when they're big!

luckily, my insurance pays for the acupuncture. i found a doctor on yelp and he has all 5 star reviews. honestly i think i'm more stressed about BEING stressed... lol i'm a mess! IVF is no joke.. total emotional madness!

i'm from washington state and living in CA, and oddly enough, WA had more earthquakes. so, i've been in a lot of them. they are pretty scary when they're big!

luckily, my insurance pays for the acupuncture. i found a doctor on yelp and he has all 5 star reviews. honestly i think i'm more stressed about BEING stressed... lol i'm a mess! IVF is no joke.. total emotional madness!

Are you doing ICSI?

Got my beta results, and my hcg is 9.5, so definitely a chemical pregnancy. I'm kind of gutted right now. I am waiting for the doctor's office to call me back because I want to see if they can run additional tests, as it seems that my issue is no longer getting pregnant, but whether or not I can sustain one. I've now had a miscarriage and a chemical, so I am hoping that they will agree to run the additional tests to see if there is something else going on with me.

Michelle - I'm so sorry. I can say this is my problem too... total of 3 chemicals and 1 miscarriage. Hopefully they will run additional tests and find out the cause of the problem. :hugs:

This weekend I am going out of town to visit my sister, and my OH isn't going with me. So I made him make me give myself the Follistim shot tonight. I totally freaked out about it last month and he had to do all the shots. Well.... I DID IT!!! And it was soooooooo easy!!!! :yipee: So pleased with myself for getting over my fear of it!

Now I make no promises about being able to do the ganirelix or ovidrel shots, but I'm so proud of myself!! :dance:

This weekend I am going out of town to visit my sister, and my OH isn't going with me. So I made him make me give myself the Follistim shot tonight. I totally freaked out about it last month and he had to do all the shots. Well.... I DID IT!!! And it was soooooooo easy!!!! :yipee: So pleased with myself for getting over my fear of it!

Now I make no promises about being able to do the ganirelix or ovidrel shots, but I'm so proud of myself!! :dance:

:happydance:Congrats!!:happydance: See piece of cake!! My first Ovidrel shot I got myself TOO worked up about. But, now I think it's a piece of cake too! Just don't forget to get the air out of the syringe ... I forgot and freaked out for hours about it! :dohh:

Good for you!! Its so scary until you actually do it! :)

MrsMM24, I tested today and zippo. No sign of AF yet either, but given that ET was August 12 - almost 2 weeks ago, I'm running out of hope this cycle. Fingers are always crossed though.
Hope everyone else is doing well!
:kiss:

springy! happy to see you on here :) the injections are not painful! one tip is to let the area where you rubbed the alcohol dry before doing the injection. i usually do the alcohol then wipe it with a cotton ball. if its still wet when you do the injection, then it will sting. it's really not so bad :) GOOD LUCK!

Noted - must dry the area first!!! I am also thinking of icing it .... I also know that it will be the "pen" as opposed to a reconstituted powder so that will help me I think.

Springy ... it isn't painful at all. Some people have told me to ice the area before hand, but I never even went that far with it. Just some background on me ... I am a TOTAL needle freak. When we were TTC my daughter, I would actually drive 15 miles to my BIL house for him to give me my shots because he is an RN. We have since moved and I refuse to drive 20+ miles just to get a shot. SoooOooo, this forced me to do it myself. My very first injection I was SO scared to say the least BUT after I did it I thought to myself "OMG, that didn't hurt and was SO easy!". I dread taking my pills more than I do the injections!!! I promise you, a pinch hurts worse. In fact, stepping on a rock hurts more! You will be just fine :)

BUUUUUUTTTTTT, I am hoping you post a BFP in the next couple of days and you don't even have to go this far!!!!

I am going to force myself to do it just in-case my hubby isn't home when I need it etc. Now I'm already stressing that the IUI would be on the weekend of the 9th and he is suppose to be away and will be totally bummed and mad if he has to skip his weekend away with the boys!!

NOW the ovidrel shot - NO way I'm giving that to myself ;) Luckily our clinic does it for us and I dont have to stress about that!!!

PCOS - you should TOTALLY try acupuncture - SO relaxing!!!!

Good morning girls :hi:

I hope and pray that you are all doing good.

I'm experiencing a bad case of some rash/breakout on my upper chest, from my 'clevage' line up to my collar bone. It's been a good week that this has happen and today it's the worst! :cry: It looks horrible! And I don't know where it's coming from. Could it be a result of the progestrone? I don't know because i've been taking it for months and this is the first time I have this. Plus I wasn't taking anything when I started breaking out, not even Clomid! It's ridiculous!

But other then that... I'm fine, no aftershocks have hit NJ, but who know's what the next hours or days could bring.

:hugs:

KISEKI, I totally know what you mean, you and I are on the same wave length. My DW and I leave early in the AM for a vacay, so I will test again then. No AF so if that is not even a faint bfp, we have to set up an appt for late next week when we return to check some things out.... FXD for us both!

AFM Ladies...15DPO, CD36! Current SS: Tired, BLOATED feeling heavy and clothes not fitting, feel wet but not much CM. Temp crept up a tiny bit this morning. Staying pretty persistent and above coverline. We leave for vacay tomorrow early, so I will test then, FXD! 16DPO!
Check out my chart below…

:dust: :dust: :dust to the Thread!!!!!

Well ladies I just got back from the fertility clinic and went to give my coworker, who happens to be one of my best friends her access card back as I forgot mine today and she asked how it went and I had a total meltdown and I just started balling .... Being back at the clinic, in that environment again hass brought back so many emotions in me .... Getting trained on the injections and realizing the scary thoughts of moving to injectables was so overwhelming. I cannot believe we are at this stage and I can't help but feel that life is SO unfair and think why me, why us, what have we done to deserve this??? Then the fear sets in about the stage we are at and the future for hubby and I and I can't help but think "oh god what if this doesn't work, where does that leave us?"

Thanks for letting me rant ladies!

Well ladies I just got back from the fertility clinic and went to give my coworker, who happens to be one of my best friends her access card back as I forgot mine today and she asked how it went and I had a total meltdown and I just started balling .... Being back at the clinic, in that environment again hass brought back so many emotions in me .... Getting trained on the injections and realizing the scary thoughts of moving to injectables was so overwhelming. I cannot believe we are at this stage and I can't help but feel that life is SO unfair and think why me, why us, what have we done to deserve this??? Then the fear sets in about the stage we are at and the future for hubby and I and I can't help but think "oh god what if this doesn't work, where does that leave us?"

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

just remember, everything happens for a reason, and if you're religious, god never gives you more than you can handle!! there is a reason for everything.. trust!!! but at the same time i totally understand where you are coming from... even though i call the clinic my "home away from home", i always dread going there after a break or BFN...

i meant... if you're religious then you'll believe god wont give you more than you can handle.. wouldnt want to say that to someone who is not religious... ya know :dohh:

Awwwww Springy, I am so sorry that you are feeling down. It sucks that we are all on this horrible rollercoaster that just seems to never stop. It'll happen for you, there is no reason why it wouldn't! Wish we lived closer...I tried searching for infertility support groups in my state and found one. They provided an email address so I emailed the person. The email was immediately sent back to me cuz it was a bad address. Ugh, just my luck!!

Oh Springy, I feel your pain chick xxxxxx I had a meltdown in my clinic yesterday with the nurse. I thought I was coping this week but obviously not. You're right it isnt fair and we DIDN'T do anything to deserve this heartache and pain. The only good thing that will come out of all of this ttc Springy is that we (all us ladies going through all this heartache and yearning) will appreciate our little ones sooooooooooo much when we get them. And WE WILL get them but maybe not as soon as we had hoped. Sending u loads of :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->