IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Oh another thing Springy ... when I was TTC my daughter we first did an IUI with just Femara ... and BFN of course. Our VERY FIRST MONTH using injectables we got prego!!!! It WILL happen!!

That gives me a lot more hope!!!! The nurse did say that I should respond a lot better to Gonal F than clomid.

Just seems very overwhelming.

Touch I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must have been when they all of a sudden jumped to IVF and all the drugs that go along with it!

yeah.. i walked in thinking we were doing another IUI, walked out doing IVF.. my head is still spinning! i honestly can't wait for the whole thing to be over with.. i try to maintain some sort of good mood, but most days i dont feel well and i'm grumpy.. stressed out.. totally overwhelmed.. ugh!! today has been one of the worst days as i've had insomnia for several nights so i'm exhausted.. the lupron gives me headaches and todays has been awful and nonstop.. and just in general i do not feel like myself at all! :wacko:

UGGHHH that does NOT sound like fun! I am not looking forward to the side effects from the injections at all .... how's your OH dealing with you on the drugs????

I know someone else asked about timing, I think PCOS did, and my clinic said all injections are to be done at night.

i hope my post didnt scare you! i have other things going on that are adding to my stress, so its not just the IVF.. if it makes you feel better, i had minimal side effects from menopur. just a little bloating and nausea towards the end. my OH tries her very best to deal with me, but some days are better than others. i've basically been on meds since the end of june, so i'm a real hot MESS! and this lupron... sucks. my body is essentially in a menopausal state.. so you can imagine!

i have an appt today for a scan and more injections training. i start the luveris and gonal f tomorrow. i will continue on lupron (joy) at 5 units. the ET is 2 weeks from tomorrow, tentatively..

I'm hoping all of you are well from the earthquake. We thought it was a terrorist issue and were relieved to learn it was just the ground shaking! Glad i had my car at work- public transportation looks like a mess...

Symptom question... I am 3 dpo/dpiui and I have these crazy AF like cramps.. Logic tells me it's way too early for implantation cramps.. What could it be? Can any of you relate? I take clomid and had a trigger- no other fertility meds...

I can relate...the trigger is the one that gives me all the AF symptoms including some prego ones i have read about.

Hi adroplet.. How long did that trigger stay in your system? I was planning to POAS and test it out- and much to my surprise- it's not showing up today which is 5.5 days since the trigger.. I'm wondering if it didn't work... If this is normal.. Did I mess up the injection somehow, etc.. So many questions!!

well, I tested 7 days past trigger and my strip was neg. but all the symptoms were still there during all the 2WW. I have read that it takes 10 days to get out of your system (about 1,000u a day) but it may vary. Maybe it is out and the side effects still linger?
I was so upset that my nurse didn't tell me the trigger caused AF/prego symptoms, I swore i was prego...........I was peeing every 40 minutes, i was so bloated my clothes didn't fit, my BBs were HUGE!!!
It just throws me off so I try not to pay attention to the symptoms and just wait and wait and wait.

You are so right!! I am driving myself crazy and I need to just take a chill for a bit. It's tough though! Thanks for the words of encouragement and I'll watch closely for your BFP posting!! Glad the IUI went well!!

Well another BFN today @ 13DP IUI :cry:

I have my bloodwork appt tomorrow, but it feels like it will be just a formality at this point. Ugh...

When my doc did my IUI he said "Oh you are so going to be pregnant this month..." - guess he was wrong!

Hey girls, I got my results back from the day 4 FSH test!!! :happydance: My level was 7.2 which apparently is great. Here is what I found regarding FSH level and fertility treatments:

With that said, a study on day 3 FSH levels and IUI/IVF outcomes showed that women with day 3 FSH levels less than 15 mIU/ml had a better chance of pregnancy achievement per IUI/IVF attempt, when compared to women with FSH levels between 15 mIU/ml and 24.9 mIU/ml. For women with day 3 FSH levels over 25 mIU/ml, pregnancy rates per attempt were even lower.

I'm just happy one thing is goind accordingly! LOL

I got my ultrasound this Saturday, and hopefully my IUI on Monday if our state isn't under state of emergency on Monday due to the Hurricane on it's way! :wacko:

LiSa2010 - 8/20 :hugs:
Wishful think /Libby - :hugs:
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - :hugs:
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :bfp:
Michelle78 - 8/20 :shrug:
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *Update??*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *Update??*
Lochbride - 8/25 :thumbup: *Today??*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *Tomorrow*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *Tomorrow*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *2 days*
Rags - 8/29 :hugs:
azLissie - 8/30 :thumbup: *5 days*
Rona - 8/30 :thumbup: *5 days*
Sweatpea70 - 8/31 :thumbup: *6 days*
kissyfacelala 9/1 :thumbup: *7 days*
Fallen Ambers 9/4 :thumbup: *10 days*
adroplet 9/7 :thumbup: *13 days*

Let me know if I'm missing anyone, or I need to update. Thanks girlies!! :flower:

Oh another thing Springy ... when I was TTC my daughter we first did an IUI with just Femara ... and BFN of course. Our VERY FIRST MONTH using injectables we got prego!!!! It WILL happen!!

That gives me a lot more hope!!!! The nurse did say that I should respond a lot better to Gonal F than clomid.

Touch I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must have been when they all of a sudden jumped to IVF and all the drugs that go along with it!

yeah.. i walked in thinking we were doing another IUI, walked out doing IVF.. my head is still spinning! i honestly can't wait for the whole thing to be over with.. i try to maintain some sort of good mood, but most days i dont feel well and i'm grumpy.. stressed out.. totally overwhelmed.. ugh!! today has been one of the worst days as i've had insomnia for several nights so i'm exhausted.. the lupron gives me headaches and todays has been awful and nonstop.. and just in general i do not feel like myself at all! :wacko:

UGGHHH that does NOT sound like fun! I am not looking forward to the side effects from the injections at all .... how's your OH dealing with you on the drugs????

I know someone else asked about timing, I think PCOS did, and my clinic said all injections are to be done at night.

i hope my post didnt scare you! i have other things going on that are adding to my stress, so its not just the IVF.. if it makes you feel better, i had minimal side effects from menopur. just a little bloating and nausea towards the end. my OH tries her very best to deal with me, but some days are better than others. i've basically been on meds since the end of june, so i'm a real hot MESS! and this lupron... sucks. my body is essentially in a menopausal state.. so you can imagine!

i have an appt today for a scan and more injections training. i start the luveris and gonal f tomorrow. i will continue on lupron (joy) at 5 units. the ET is 2 weeks from tomorrow, tentatively..

Nope didn't "scare" me but makes me realize what I am in for if Gonal F and IUI don't work for me ;) AND the whole being in a menopausal state at our age is NOT fun!!!!

REALLY hoping I don't get a lot of bloating and weight gain with the Gonal F. I have spent the last 8 weeks trying to loose some weight so will be disheartened if it just packs back on bc of the drugs!!!

Well another BFN today @ 13DP IUI :cry:

I have my bloodwork appt tomorrow, but it feels like it will be just a formality at this point. Ugh...

When my doc did my IUI he said "Oh you are so going to be pregnant this month..." - guess he was wrong!

I'm so sorry for your BFN!

I just had my iui on tuesday.. I have a slight bleeding on 3rd day dpiui, should i be worried? Does anyone had this experince? I've read that implantation bleeding happens on 6-12 dpo.

I had bleeding from day 2 to day 4 post IUI on my second IUI and the doctor told me it was totally normal. They may have nicked your cervix while trying to get the catheter in.

Thanks Springy...this give me hope.I was so worried

That sucks Touch! I hope your headaches go away soon :hugs: I can relate, ever since I started the bcp I have not been myself at all! cranky, bloated, headachy and breaking out like a teenager. When I got my AF last Monday my DH said, wow you seem really relieved today. It was pretty funny that he could pick up on that! Anyways hang in there lady! :hugs: It will all be worth it soon :)

thanks harvest!

just a quick update- went for my appt today for more bloodwork and a scan. of course my AF decided to come full force today, of all days.. gross! i was so embarrased. we got the go ahead to start stimming and received all the meds. a big bagful of them. totally overwhelmed by it all. plus, i'm on day 2 of horrendous headache.. even my teeth hurt.. i feel totally "off" and not myself.. this sucks! luckily, the lupron decreases tomorrow. stimming also starts tomorrow. i will be on lupron, luveris, and gonal f.. all at the SAME TIME :wacko:

sorry i have not kept up with everyone individually, there's so many people and i get confused..

i hope everyone is doing well and good luck!!

Hi girls,

Well I had my cd10 scan today and it went much better than cd8's scan. The scan was much more clear and the 'grainy' looking follie on cd8 looks fine now. So now on my right ovary I have 2 follies - 14mm & 13mm and on my left ovary I have 1 follie - 14mm. Have to go for another scan on saturday. I'm drinking buckets of water, LOL, so hopefully that will do the trick and help my follies grow :)

Hoping4baby2 - so sorry for your BFN. It's so tough xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've done three nights of injections, and the headaches and icky feeling is starting to set in. At the end of my first IUI cycle I thought, geez I really don't want to do it again. But then I had a break, so I kinda forgot. Not fair to have pregnancy or PMS symptoms and not be freakin pregnant! :dohh:

I really feel for those of you on a lot more drugs than me! Not sure how you manage to keep going to work through it! I so wanted to call in sick this morning.... I'm sure at some point I'll say something I'll regret to someone at work, too....

Hoping4baby2 - I am so sorry about the BFN. My first IUI the doctor told me how she had such a good feeling and is normally really good about these feelings. Guess she wa wrong too! Take a few days and be angry, upset, frustrated and then get back on to the happy optimistic train for next month!

thanks harvest!

just a quick update- went for my appt today for more bloodwork and a scan. of course my AF decided to come full force today, of all days.. gross! i was so embarrased. we got the go ahead to start stimming and received all the meds. a big bagful of them. totally overwhelmed by it all. plus, i'm on day 2 of horrendous headache.. even my teeth hurt.. i feel totally "off" and not myself.. this sucks! luckily, the lupron decreases tomorrow. stimming also starts tomorrow. i will be on lupron, luveris, and gonal f.. all at the SAME TIME :wacko:

sorry i have not kept up with everyone individually, there's so many people and i get confused..

i hope everyone is doing well and good luck!!

Yay for stimming!!!! Hopefully these drugs are a bit better than the down regging ones :)

Have they predicted your er and et dates? Are they doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer?

Hey touch, your transfer will all depend on how your little embryos are doing. When I did my IVF w ICSI I had a 2 day transfer. U might even get to blast stage. U wont feel those dates coming, it's just around the corner. Fingers crossed xxxx

Ok, I am a bit stressed. Today I have a biopsy for my breast, Monday I have my HSG to check for open tubes, I have to make sure all the psych evals are in, attorney has reviewed our parenting agreement and that I ovulate on Thursday/Friday for my first IUI! Holy smokes! At times like these I am so thankful I can breathe.

Hey girls, I need some help with something...

Today is cycle day 11 and I got a HIGH reading on my CBFM :happydance: But I read that while on IUI treatment a couple should have intercourse starting day 10, and continue every other day.

So should I abstain tonight? And Sunday night (the night before out IUI)???

Do you girls babydance the day after the IUI?

LOL my doctor did not go over this, so I'm not sure.

PS: I'm breaking out the OPK's today :happydance:

Hey girls, I need some help with something...

Today is cycle day 11 and I got a HIGH reading on my CBFM :happydance: But I read that while on IUI treatment a couple should have intercourse starting day 10, and continue every other day.

So should I abstain tonight? And Sunday night (the night before out IUI)???

Do you girls babydance the day after the IUI?

LOL my doctor did not go over this, so I'm not sure.

PS: I'm breaking out the OPK's today :happydance:

We were told to abstain for 48 hours before but NO longer than that. We do back to back IUI so for example if my IUI were to be a Mon & Tues we would abstain Sat & Sun, have IUI Mon & Tues and then BD on Tues night :) We don't BD on the Mon night b/c it would make the counts for washing on the Tues much lower. Hope that helps!

Fingers crossed this is your month :)

Thank you Springy! :hugs:

I think I'm only having one IUI.

I got my Trigger Shot in the mail today... so nervous about doing that myself :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->