IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Pcos - did your clinic call you back??

I am off to the clinic for a 730am ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. Really hoping that the injectables dothe trick this month!

Yes, the PA who did my ultrasound really didn't know what she was talking about.

When my doctor called me back she said that Arizona state law requires a ton of blood work & paperwork to be signed in order to even begin the IVF adventure. The blood work take 3-4 days to complete which would be virtually impossible to get done in time. She also said that 10 follicles isn't considered enough for IVF. She said they would like to see about 20 follicles because some of course won't contain a viable egg.

Needless to say, that brings us back to the IUI situation. I told her that the PA said they do not like to do IUI with more than 3-4 follicles. After speaking to the doctor, she told me that the decision is 100% mine if I want to continue or not. She also said that the likelihood of ALL 10 follicles maturing is very slim. She said she doesn't expect more than 4-5 to reach maturity. I am really hoping for at least 3-4 follicles tomorrow. Of course anything more than that would scare me, but I would still do the IUI.

2 things to bring up ... My clinic DOES NOT do follicle reduction (I asked about that) and selective reduction is illegal in Arizona (nor would I even consider it).

Well my fingers are crossed that you only get the 3 or 4 mature ones and that the IUI is successful. September can be all our months ;)

After a few rough days I am getting excited about the IUI and hope that this is what we will need :)

Fx for you adroplet!
Sorry you were feeling so down springy! Fx the injections go well for you and it works!
PCOS hope your follies settle down and you end up with a few mature ones!
Touch sorry to hear about the acupuncture not going well, are you planning to go again?
Hope everyone else is doing well, GL with the upcoming iui's!
Still waiting for the D&C on the 8th, this wait is taking forever!!!

Hey ladies, I haven't been around much the past couple of days, but I wanted to update everyone -- I got a BFN today, 14DPIUI, and I stopped taking my Prometrium a couple of days ago. I'm just waiting for AF to show up, but I'm pretty sure we'll take a month off before trying again.

LittleBird- I'm so sorry about your BFN.... It's tough every time.. Best wishes to you as you decide what to do/when to try again..:hugs:

Yes, the PA who did my ultrasound really didn't know what she was talking about.

When my doctor called me back she said that Arizona state law requires a ton of blood work & paperwork to be signed in order to even begin the IVF adventure. The blood work take 3-4 days to complete which would be virtually impossible to get done in time. She also said that 10 follicles isn't considered enough for IVF. She said they would like to see about 20 follicles because some of course won't contain a viable egg.

Needless to say, that brings us back to the IUI situation. I told her that the PA said they do not like to do IUI with more than 3-4 follicles. After speaking to the doctor, she told me that the decision is 100% mine if I want to continue or not. She also said that the likelihood of ALL 10 follicles maturing is very slim. She said she doesn't expect more than 4-5 to reach maturity. I am really hoping for at least 3-4 follicles tomorrow. Of course anything more than that would scare me, but I would still do the IUI.

2 things to bring up ... My clinic DOES NOT do follicle reduction (I asked about that) and selective reduction is illegal in Arizona (nor would I even consider it).

PCOCS- sounds like you got some better info from your clinic! Good luck with the IUI!:hugs:

2nd IUI also went well. The specimen was very good and now we just wait.
Something weird happened today....I went over to my mom's and my niece just went over to me, hugged me, put her ear to my belly and said, "i can hear a baby." WHOA!!!!! I was speachless because NOBODY is my family knows i'm TTC. I want it to be a BFP surprise.

Wow adroplet that must have freaked u out but maybe she can sense something!!! Let's hope she's right xxx

adroplet- that's incredible!! Sounds like things are lining up to your advantage this month.. I've got my fingers crossed for you! :smile:

LiSa2010 - 8/20 :hugs:
Wishful think /Libby - :hugs:
PCOSMomToOne/Mandy - :hugs:
SnL41296/Lisa - 8/19 :bfp:
Michelle78 - 8/20 :shrug:
Kelly425 - 8/22 :thumbup: *Update??*
MrsMM24/Maia - 8/23 :thumbup: *Update??*
Lochbride - 8/25 :thumbup: *Today??*
Littlebird - 8/26 :thumbup: *Tomorrow*
Hoping4Baby2 - 8/26 :thumbup: *Tomorrow*
Springy/Carolyn - 8/27 :thumbup: *2 days*
Rags - 8/29 :hugs:
azLissie - 8/30 :thumbup: *5 days*
Rona - 8/30 :thumbup: *5 days*
Sweatpea70 - 8/31 :thumbup: *6 days*
kissyfacelala 9/1 :thumbup: *7 days*
Fallen Ambers 9/4 :thumbup: *10 days*
adroplet 9/7 :thumbup: *13 days*

Let me know if I'm missing anyone, or I need to update. Thanks girlies!! :flower:

Hi PCOCS.. Would you mind adding me to this list?? I'll be testing for a BFP on Friday, 09/02.. thank you!

Just wishing everyone a great Sunday!

POAS this morning and it was negative. I'm 7dpiui, so it is still early :)

I will update the testing chart after my appt today ...

USAMOM...I did add you to yesterday's chart ... on page 82 at the bottom. :)

My appointment did not go so well. I typed up a huge update in my journal ... It would hog this thread so if anyone is curious, just hop on over to my journal.

Thank you girls for the support you have given! It has been so great! :)

First injection accomplished!!! And no pain at all :) praying that I didn't bruise myself.
Hope everyone had great relaxing weekends.

My appointment did not go so well. I typed up a huge update in my journal ... It would hog this thread so if anyone is curious, just hop on over to my journal.

Mandy~ I just finished reading your update in your journal and all I can say is WOW!
Un-Flippin-Believable!! :growlmad:

I don't want to go on this big rant against your clinic, because that's not what you need right now...but ...WOW! I'm in shock at the piss-poor way you were "treated. What a mess!

I'm so sorry Mandy that you have to go through this roller-coaster of emotions. I will say a prayer for you tonight~ I hope you can get your IVF Sweetie!

A big virtual hug to you!!! Hang in there! :hugs:

First injection accomplished!!! And no pain at all :) praying that I didn't bruise myself.
Hope everyone had great relaxing weekends.

High Five Carolyn!! Knew you would do it just like a pro :) Proud of you!! :happydance:

just read your journal entry and OMG! WTF is going on with that clinic??? I'm so sorry.

Can't say I know exactly how you feel but let me tell you my worst TTC moment.....

It's my 2nd IUI on my 3rd cycle. The first one went well, not great motility but was ok. So, I am in the room waiting for the nurse and thawed specimen, ready with sheet covering me. In walks the nurse telling me that there is an issue, to please get dressed and go to her office. ok. so my mind just starts racing. So i enter and she says that the specimen vial that was cryo frozen was empty.......yes, empty. I was minutes away from my IUI.
I just started wondering, did she drop it?!!! (the world may never know) Anyway I had to carry the 25lb tank, drive to the cryobank, explain the problem and they look at me like i'm crazy. According to them this had NEVER happened before. I'm not known to keep my mouth shut so I went off on them, sobbing and just angry at the world. I didn't care anymore.......They all of a sudden became very sympathetic. I ended up walking out of there with another vial and drove back to my drs offoce for the IUI. I cried driving back, during the procedure and didnt stop until 2 days later. That cycle was a BFN.....i had very little hope after all that stress.

just read your journal entry and OMG! WTF is going on with that clinic??? I'm so sorry.

Can't say I know exactly how you feel but let me tell you my worst TTC moment.....

It's my 2nd IUI on my 3rd cycle. The first one went well, not great motility but was ok. So, I am in the room waiting for the nurse and thawed specimen, ready with sheet covering me. In walks the nurse telling me that there is an issue, to please get dressed and go to her office. ok. so my mind just starts racing. So i enter and she says that the specimen vial that was cryo frozen was empty.......yes, empty. I was minutes away from my IUI.
I just started wondering, did she drop it?!!! (the world may never know) Anyway I had to carry the 25lb tank, drive to the cryobank, explain the problem and they look at me like i'm crazy. According to them this had NEVER happened before. I'm not known to keep my mouth shut so I went off on them, sobbing and just angry at the world. I didn't care anymore.......They all of a sudden became very sympathetic. I ended up walking out of there with another vial and drove back to my drs offoce for the IUI. I cried driving back, during the procedure and didnt stop until 2 days later. That cycle was a BFN.....i had very little hope after all that stress.

Good grief, I would have been an emotional mess too!! Bless your heart! :hugs:

That's my fear with switching RE doctors, no one can guarentee that one will be better than the other. I can tell you this, I have been searching for a family physician for years! I have probably seen about 4 or 5 and have yet to find one that is compassionate and that listens. I don't want to waste time hopping from one office to the next just to experience the same ole' same ole'. Ya know?!:wacko:

i would google the heck out of RE's in your area!! thats what i did when we were first looking to make an appt. i researched researched researched. i love our facility too.. the only person i ever see in the exam room is my doctor and he is very nice and funny and compassionate.. and then the only other person i deal with is the nurse, who always sets my appointments and reviews my medications and stuff.. love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->