IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Ladies, I have missed so much. Was at a family reunion all weekend. So sorry to all the BFNs :( never gets any easier. Welcome to all the new ladies! Same goes for me, I try to reply to what sticks in my mind and don't mean to miss anyone, sorry in advance if I do :) GL to everyone who has had IUIs recently, FX for you all :)
Touch, GL with you EC! can't wait to hear all about it, I am sure it will go really well for you, I am crossing everything for you :) Your spa day sounded amazing, so jealous!
PCOS-great news on the embies! You must be so excited to have them put back next month. Hope your OHSS has calmed down!
Springy-GL with the IUIs lady :) Everything sounds like it is lining up perfectly for you, YAY, finally!
AFM I am having the laminaria put in on Wednesday afternoon and then the D&C Thursday morning. I am a little nervous about the anaesthetic and pain afterwards but hopefully it will all be worth it and we can start the IVF soon after.

GL with the D&C this week Harvest!!! No matter how painful, or how bad you think this could be the end result, your IVF cycle & a BFP, will be TOTALLY worth it!!!

Thanks Springy and August, you are both totally right, it will all be worth it one day soon :) Isn't your IUI today Springy? how did it go?

Hi Ladies - Well IUI is done :) 19.8 million with 99% motility while I know that close to 20 million is a lot it is WAY down for DH so I was quite upset before the IUI. Needless to say DH and I will be having a chat tonight about that as I'm not going to pump myself full of drugs and him continue to not eat / drink healthy or go to the gym .... this takes TWO of us!!! That's my rant for this morning ....

On a positive note, the doctor who did the IUI today was REALLY good - didn't even feel anything and he reiterated that I have 5 good follicles!

Stay positive Augustluvers! Its still only 7dpo :)

OOps we must have hit send at the same time, lol! Try not to get too stressed, 20million is still great! It only takes 1 and with 5 eggs there are so many targets! Exciting much? this could be it!!!

Harvest~ GL with D&C this week. I hope everything turns out perfectly for you and not so much pain. Like Springy said, it'll be worth it in the end.

USAMOM ~ Thanks for replying to my question before. I didn't test today. But I might tomorrow morning just to see. I read on another site of a girl who tested everyday, her test at first got lighter and then around 8dpo got darker and darker, she ended up being pregnant! Lucky her huh?

As for me ~ 7dpo today :happydance: I'm findinf the days slowly passing by :haha: Tomorrow is my Progestorone blood test. My temp went down a little today, and I'm having a little cramping here and there, nothing painful though. And my poor chest hurts like a mother, so so so so sore! Today I'm already experiencing hotflashes. I kep complaining about how hot it was getting ready for work this morning, but everyone at home kept saying that it was me, and that the house was actaully very cool. :blush: Also, I start my first Master's Program class tonight... so excited!

Hang in there August! only a few more days to till testing. Isn't progesterone great? GL with the classes tonight!

Hi Ladies - Well IUI is done :) 19.8 million with 99% motility while I know that close to 20 million is a lot it is WAY down for DH so I was quite upset before the IUI. Needless to say DH and I will be having a chat tonight about that as I'm not going to pump myself full of drugs and him continue to not eat / drink healthy or go to the gym .... this takes TWO of us!!! That's my rant for this morning ....

On a positive note, the doctor who did the IUI today was REALLY good - didn't even feel anything and he reiterated that I have 5 good follicles!

It only takes 1 springy!! yay for 5 follies! :happydance: :happydance:

It only takes 1 springy!! yay for 5 follies! :happydance: :happydance:

OOps we must have hit send at the same time, lol! Try not to get too stressed, 20million is still great! It only takes 1 and with 5 eggs there are so many targets! Exciting much? this could be it!!!

I know I know ... only takes one ;) however when you compare the numbers to the 321 million and 121 million before I was devastated!!!!

He hasn't been working out lately and has been, because of the summer, hitting the pub more often so I'm sure the beer has affected things .... and he isn't even that big of a drinker but clearly eating healthy, working out and cutting out alcohol altogether does make a difference!

I know you are bummed about the number, but I still think it is a GREAT number! My husband never has more than 26 million (and the motility has never been above 90%). I would start him on a vitamin/no alcohol regimen.

I think your chances this month are VERY good! Sounds a lot like the IUI that I got pregnant with my daughter. Just relax and rest ... let everything take its course.

HI Springy, 5 good follies and 20 mill spermies, they'll defo hit the target, oh and DH had only 18mill when doing the test a while back and they didnt seem concerned at all. going to call my FS tomorrow to find out what his levels were for the IUI as i've no idea.

:dust:

So for those ladies who did or are doing IVF - at what point do you take the BCP's? I'm trying to decide when I want to do IVF but not sure on timing. If you take BCP's, does that mean the month before IVF you are out of commission on TTC?

I am hoping to do IUI this month. Take October off for mental break. Start 1 month of injectables in late October with IUI to see if that works and then do my first IVF in November if still needed. But that timeline could change if you can't TTC the month before IVF.

What is your experience?

So for those ladies who did or are doing IVF - at what point do you take the BCP's? I'm trying to decide when I want to do IVF but not sure on timing. If you take BCP's, does that mean the month before IVF you are out of commission on TTC?

I am hoping to do IUI this month. Take October off for mental break. Start 1 month of injectables in late October with IUI to see if that works and then do my first IVF in November if still needed. But that timeline could change if you can't TTC the month before IVF.

What is your experience?

yeah, you take the cycle prior to IVF off from TTC. i was initially put on the BCP to treat my cysts on 7/25. we also decided to go forward with IVF that same day. i stayed on the pill through 8/21. i started down regging 8/15 and stimming 8/26. my IVF is this week

I've been AWOL for a bit so hope you don't mind me showing my face again. Was way too miserable to post after 1st IUI was a BFN a couple of weeks ago. The blood test results weren't a surprise after a neg POAS on DPIUI14. Totally devestating but have picked myself back up and getting back on the ride with injections starting Monday (menopur). Fingers crossed for IUI #2 right?!

Hope everyone is doing well - fingers crossed for everyone! :)

:dance: It's official ... we have 5 frosty's :cold: -- they were frozen yesterday.

There are a couple more that they are letting grow another day to see if they will turn out. Praying for those lil :baby: :baby: too!!!

Great news!! good luck & positive vibes.
:dust::dust:

:dance: It's official ... we have 5 frosty's :cold: -- they were frozen yesterday.

There are a couple more that they are letting grow another day to see if they will turn out. Praying for those lil :baby: :baby: too!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the 5!!! :thumbup:
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

That is FANTASTIC news!!!!! :happydance: :yipee: :wohoo:

What is your experience?

Hi Hockey, I think that it depends on what protocol you are on as to wether you will be put on the bcp before your IVF cycle. I am on an antagonist protocol and do have to take them for at least 3 weeks before stating stimms. But I know that there are tons of different protocols and for some of them you don't have to take the bcp first. Another girl on one of these forums never took the pill before stimming so you might want to ask your Dr what protocol he would put you on :) Hopefully you won't even need to worry about it and the IUI will work!

WOW PCOS you must be ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for frostie babies :happydance:

YAY! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Do you think that's a good number??? I am excited for more than 3 ... but I'm not sure how my numbers compare to others, ya know?! My hubby thinks that is plenty ... I just did some research that says normally 65% of embryo's survive the thaw (which means I'd only have 3 eggs, and 1 FET at best). I hate putting so much thought into this. :dohh:

yeah it's a great number! don't research, just relax and go with the flow :) remember, god has a plan.. so no stressing dear :hugs:

yeah it's a great number! don't research, just relax and go with the flow :) remember, god has a plan.. so no stressing dear :hugs:

Unfortunately, I have OCD when it comes to TTC :winkwink: I'd pretty much do/try anything if it meant I would get pregnant!! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->