IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Well, there does seem to be a bit of a difference I've noticed between UK and US. Maybe they don't do HSGs in the UK or it's called something else?? But anyway, all an HSG is a procedure where they shoot dye up through your tubes and take xrays to see if the dye flows all the way through.

A Lap is a minimally-invasive surgery where they cut two to three small incisions and look around the outside of the uterus and tubes.

With the lap, I also had a Hysteroscopy to find the reason for the blockage. With the hysteroscopy, he went in with a wire type thing and passed it through the tube to see if it was blocked or to unblock it.

An HSG is an In and Out kind of procedure. A lap requires general anesthesia and a couple days worth of recovery.

Perhaps in the UK they do both at the same time. Some people have pain with the HSG so they might prefer to do it while you're under the anesthetic. I had really no pain at all with my HSG, so :shrug:

Hope that was at least a tiny bit helpful! :flower:

In Canada they only do lap & dye if they feel there is a reason to go in under general to investigate / remove a problem. I had an HSG done in October 2010 and it showed only one of my tubes as being open. Then 2 weeks ago I had a lap & dye done to see if there were any other structural things wrong - endometriosis, fibroids, scar tissue etc. that was preventing us from getting pregnant. While they were looking at the outer area of the structures they redid the dye test and it showed that both of my tubes are wide open.

At a minimum before starting with IUI you should have an HSG / dye test done as it is waste of money and your time if your tubes are blocked. Yes it was uncomfortable and unpleasant but to me doing drugs and IUI would have been a bigger waste and more upsetting if I found out months down the road that my tubes were blocked.

It is definitely worth asking your doctor to check your tubes!

Well, I'm probably sitting all of August out. Had quite a few cysts at my baseline ultrasound today, one seemed HUGE -- 38 mm, I think is what she said. So I'm back on BC til they clear up.... I really wasn't prepared for this outcome. I was all geared up to start the injections again....

Oh well, what's another month when it's been 2 years already..... :shrug:

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the new ladies! sorry I have been MIA lately, just got home from a weekend away. Hope everyone is doing well, touch, great news with the IVF, hope that scan went well PCOS, Springy hope your au natural month is going well so far, and dizzi hope the wait till your appointment goes well!

Big exciting news here, had an appointment on friday with our FS and he has us started on our IVF protocol :happydance: we had a long appointment with him and asked him tons of questions and decided that this will be best for us. I was surprised to be starting so soon b/c I thought he was giong away on vacation like the nurse said but then he said that we could start tomorrow if we wanted to, so we did :haha: He sent me for tons of blood work (like 14 vials) and I started my bcp last saturday. I am having my orientation and sonohysterogram on the 17th of August. He is putting me on the antagonist protocol so no lupron for me just the bcp and then straight to stimming! SO EXCITED!!!

Hope you ladies enjoy the bachelorette finale tonight, I know you will be watching :)

Well, I'm probably sitting all of August out. Had quite a few cysts at my baseline ultrasound today, one seemed HUGE -- 38 mm, I think is what she said. So I'm back on BC til they clear up.... I really wasn't prepared for this outcome. I was all geared up to start the injections again....

Sorry to hear that squirrel, hope the cycts disappear soon, hang in there :hugs:

YESSSSSSSSSSS, I'm super excited for the finale tonight! Who do you think she'll pick?? I can't decide, I like them both! I suppose I'll guess JP.

Woohoo for starting your IVF protocol!

Right ovary- 15mm follicle & 13.59mm follicle
Left ovary- 10mm follicle and (2) 8mm follicles

She said its likely the 2 on the right side will mature but the left probably won't. So having said that, I have 2 follicles. I go back again on Wednesday @ 10:30am for another scan.

Yay! Two on one side and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for the one at 10mm on the left!!!!

Did they change your menopur dose for the next few days or just staying the same???

I'm actually off injections now ... crazy right?! Oh well, I hope the doctor knows best!!

I'm soooo sorry, I know that feeling all too well ... I've had cysts ruin 2 cycles already this year. My biggest cyst being 70mm and last month I had a 33mm.

Good news is ... it only took 2 weeks of birth control pills and the (33mm)cyst totally went away. :thumbup:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about the cyst. That sucks but remain positive and use the month to be selfish and focus on yourself. I have found that my few months off have done WONDERS for my mental health and I am so much more content and am ready to start back with a positive attitude.

The month will fly by and you'll be back at it before you know it.

:hugs:

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the new ladies! sorry I have been MIA lately, just got home from a weekend away. Hope everyone is doing well, touch, great news with the IVF, hope that scan went well PCOS, Springy hope your au natural month is going well so far, and dizzi hope the wait till your appointment goes well!

Big exciting news here, had an appointment on friday with our FS and he has us started on our IVF protocol :happydance: we had a long appointment with him and asked him tons of questions and decided that this will be best for us. I was surprised to be starting so soon b/c I thought he was giong away on vacation like the nurse said but then he said that we could start tomorrow if we wanted to, so we did :haha: He sent me for tons of blood work (like 14 vials) and I started my bcp last saturday. I am having my orientation and sonohysterogram on the 17th of August. He is putting me on the antagonist protocol so no lupron for me just the bcp and then straight to stimming! SO EXCITED!!!

Hope you ladies enjoy the bachelorette finale tonight, I know you will be watching :)

Harvest that is AWESOME news!! YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the IVF from you and Touch :) I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you ladies that this is what you need!!!

I am eagerly waiting for the finale - T-45 minutes ;) I actually have a friend coming over in about 30 min to watch the Men Tell All that I taped from last night and we'll go straight into the Finale after and catch up with it as the number of commercials is ridiculous.

I can't wait to see the drama that ensues with her family, particularly her sister!!!

Thanks, ladies!!! Really appreciate the support. When the biggest cyst came up on the screen I couldn't believe it. I have an appointment in 2 weeks, so it makes me feel so much better to know it's at least possible it could resolve by then. I've had no pain or symptoms, and I was under the very mistaken assumption that I would feel it if I had them.....

Harvest that is AWESOME news!! YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the IVF from you and Touch :) I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you ladies that this is what you need!!!

I am eagerly waiting for the finale - T-45 minutes ;) I actually have a friend coming over in about 30 min to watch the Men Tell All that I taped from last night and we'll go straight into the Finale after and catch up with it as the number of commercials is ridiculous.

I can't wait to see the drama that ensues with her family, particularly her sister!!!

HaHa I know that looks like some juicy drama that happens with the sister, can't wait for that! We taped TMTA last night too so it will be a bit of a marathon tonight, can't wait. Nothing like trash TV to get your mind off of TTC!

:hugs:

Oh how exciting Harvest! That is great news :happydance: Looking forward to hearing how you find the process. I still have a bit of a wait for our treatment as we are NHS funded but can't really complain as it will save us a few thousand pounds.

All the best for this month x:hugs:x

Hey ladies! I was wondering if I could join you. I just went to my FS today and it looks like we're on for an IUI this cycle! This is my 2nd IUI, my first time using Femara and injections. I doubt if it's the Femara, probably just me stressing myself out this morning, but I have a really bad headache this evening!

Hello ladies! Mind if I join in? I've been lurking here for awhile but was hoping my first IUI (done July 16th) would work and I wouldn't need to try again. But AF showed up today so I'm off for round 2! I'll be doing 100mg Clomid cd3-7 and an hcg trigger shot. I really had my hopes up for the first round as I swear I was having serious symptoms, but I guess it was all in my head! :dohh:

Wishing everyone good luck and lots of :dust: Hope to see some bfps here soon!!

Hey ladies! I was wondering if I could join you. I just went to my FS today and it looks like we're on for an IUI this cycle! This is my 2nd IUI, my first time using Femara and injections. I doubt if it's the Femara, probably just me stressing myself out this morning, but I have a really bad headache this evening!

I am still hanging out on the July IUI board but wanted to check in on a few ladies and saw your post. I have been on Femara for a few months and have had headaches each month. It isn't your imagination - it is the Femara :) I usually had my headaches mid-day if I took the pills in the morning.

I am still hanging out on the July IUI board but wanted to check in on a few ladies and saw your post. I have been on Femara for a few months and have had headaches each month. It isn't your imagination - it is the Femara :) I usually had my headaches mid-day if I took the pills in the morning.

Thanks, that's good to know. I am supposed to take one 2.5mg pill in the morning and one in the evening. They are the cutest little pills I have ever seen! :)

I can handle the headaches. The cycles I did Clomid, I felt like crap for so much of them that I started telling myself maybe we should stop TTC because it wasn't worth feeling bad all the time. Then when I found out that I was having hostile CM with it, I was really upset. This medicine that was supposed to help me conceive was actually making it harder! So I'm excited to see how Femara works for me this time around.

I see you're getting ready to test in a couple of days. I hope you get your BFP! Are you feeling any symptoms?

Welcome azlissie and littlebird!!!

Sending lots of babydust to both of you!

Thanks, that's good to know. I am supposed to take one 2.5mg pill in the morning and one in the evening. They are the cutest little pills I have ever seen! :)

I can handle the headaches. The cycles I did Clomid, I felt like crap for so much of them that I started telling myself maybe we should stop TTC because it wasn't worth feeling bad all the time. Then when I found out that I was having hostile CM with it, I was really upset. This medicine that was supposed to help me conceive was actually making it harder! So I'm excited to see how Femara works for me this time around.

I see you're getting ready to test in a couple of days. I hope you get your BFP! Are you feeling any symptoms?

Have you had any hot flashes on the Femara? I had them but I was on a pretty high dose due to sleepy ovaries. I think it is kind of funny that the pills look just like birth control pills. Ironic. :)

Not really any symptoms - they all mimic AF symptoms so only time will tell :)

Welcome :wave: AZLISSIE & LITTLEBIRD! I hope that this cycle proves successful for you...

Hi Ladies, headed to the doc on Fri to insure numbers are down and we can be added to the Aug list. FXD!

:dust: to the thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->