IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Just a quickie update ...

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Right ovary: 21.58mm follicle & 20mm follicle!!

Trigger tonight for IUI on Friday @10am!!
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Not sure why I am so excited over just 2 follicles ... I guess because it doubles my odds from my last IUI.

I'm trying to keep up with the PMA, I guess :thumbup:

WOW PCOS! that is great news :) So happy this months things are finally working out for you!

Good luck MrsMM!

Hey, does anyone know if BCP causes sore bbs? I feel so PMSy.. sore bbs, moody, blahh. AF is not due for another 2 weeks!

Hi Touch! I just started the pill last saturday and no symptoms yet, just a little bloated and hungrier that usual. did you already have your IVF orientation? do you know your protocol? my orientation is on the 17th and I also have to have a hsteroscopy and biopsy that day, yikes!. Dr says that it aids implantation. Do you have to have a hysteroscopy before you start? Are you doing anything different this month as far as exercise or diet or acupuncture? Sorry for all the questions, nice to have somebody to ask them to :)

hey girl! i didn't have an orientation, just sat down and talked to the RE and nurse to discuss everything. my protocol is BCP, lupron, luveris, gonal f, novarel to trigger, then endometrin and estrace. i'm not going to have a hysteroscopy, in fact this cycle is very similar to an IUI cycle, except a few more appts and the ER and ET. my dr is doing ivf w/icsi and aha, is that what you're doing? i've been totally and completely overwhelmed by it all, so i totally understand why you're asking a lot of questions! ask away! :hugs: i'm not doing any acupuncture because i know that if i get tooo into it, then i'll over-stress. so, the only thing i'm doing is a high protein diet. i'm going to continue with exercise, but nothing too hard. when is your IVF cycle scheduled to start? my ER is approx 8/30.. at this point i've paid all the fees and i have all the meds, just waiting for this whole thing to start! my first 'official' appt of the cycle is next week.

Mr Dy is doing half IVF and ICSI. My hysteroscopy and biopsy is on the 17th. I am on the antagonist protocol so no lupron for me going straight from the pill to stimming. Not sure yet which drug I will be on, will find out at the orientation which will be on the 17th after the hysteroscopy. My Dr does this before everyone's first IVF because something about the immune reaction at the biopsy site aids implantation apparently? My Dr also does acupuncture pre and post ET, there are stats that say it can help implantation by up to 50%, not sure if I will do any additional acupuncture or not yet. As for the diet and exercise I have heard high protein can help egg production so I will probably start that soon. As for exercise I am kind of doing my regular routine right now but I think my Dr restricts any exercise or additional 'work' outside of regular activities after ER until test day. At this point my guess is that my ER will be around Sept 6 but we will see. I am finding it so wierd being on the pill and waiting because right now it doesn't feel like all this stuff is ever going to start!

Tummy shots are pretty easy too! A lot easier to do yourself then the butt ones ;)

Hello everyone! I have a question for those of you who have been doing this awile. I went in this morning for an u/s and the nurse found a huge looking cyst on my left ovary (which is my only good one since the right tube is blocked). She initially told me I was going to have to sit this cycle out and wait for the cyst to disappear, but then the dr came in and said it wasn't going to be a problem. He told me to start the Clomid on day 5 instead of 3 and I've got another u/s set for cd13. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I'm worried that the cyst is going to mess things up. Or will it go away by then? I went from being heartbroken when she told me I'd have to sit this cycle out to happy so fast that I didn't think to ask a few questions!

Thanks for your help. Hope everyone's having a good day!

Hello everyone! I have a question for those of you who have been doing this awile. I went in this morning for an u/s and the nurse found a huge looking cyst on my left ovary (which is my only good one since the right tube is blocked). She initially told me I was going to have to sit this cycle out and wait for the cyst to disappear, but then the dr came in and said it wasn't going to be a problem. He told me to start the Clomid on day 5 instead of 3 and I've got another u/s set for cd13. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I'm worried that the cyst is going to mess things up. Or will it go away by then? I went from being heartbroken when she told me I'd have to sit this cycle out to happy so fast that I didn't think to ask a few questions!

Thanks for your help. Hope everyone's having a good day!

How big is the cyst?? How many milimeters?

I've sat 2 cycles out due to a cyst because the medication I am on can actually cause them to grow.

One cyst I had was extremely large (almost 70mm) and the last one was 30mm.

AWESOME PCOS!!! :happydance:

Welcome AUGUST and HOPING4! :wave:

Hi ladies can I join you??? Just had my first iui today. Had 4 follies and was told I was borderline so the doc said she would advise us not to go ahead. I said we wanted to and we had the discussed the risks etc with 4 follies before coming in. She said if we were determined she could do a follicle reduction and bring the number down to 3. So we agreed. So we went ahead with 2 follies on my left - 22mm and 18mm and 1 on my right - 23mm. Dh's count was 10 million with 70% motility. Really hoping for a BFP :)

Good luck, wishful think!

I was wondering, what number of follicles do doctors usually aim for? My FS said 2-3 when I saw her on Tuesday. But there's another lady on here with 4 and I think they're planning on doing the IUI with that number.

How do you reduce follicles? There is so much about IUI that I still don't know...

I hope you are getting your BFP in a few days!

I have never even heard of follicle reduction and we've been through years of fertility treatment.

The only thing my doctor had us do was sign a form stating that we are OK with multiples. From that day forward, it doesn't matter if he sees 7 follicles or 2, she will do the IUI's.

The likelihood of all follicles getting fertilized and implanting is very slim. But, I would be a-ok with multiples (as long as it does not affect the health of my babies).

yeah, my doctor said the odds of anything more than twins is only 1%..

A page or two back, someone asked where the trigger shot could be administered. I had mine done at the doctor's office by the nurse. She gave me the shot in the back of the upper arm. If I was to do it myself I was told to put it in my stomach below the belly button line but at least an inch or two away.

I had three follicles (19, 18, 16) and three right around 15 the day before my IUI and he asked how many kids I wanted.... But he didn't seem that concerned if I ended up with 6 follicles releasing eggs.... :shrug: Obviously it didn't work out anyway.

And then to whomever was asking about proceeding with a cyst. I wasn't allowed to start my 2nd cycle. Had one cyst that was 38 mm, and several smaller ones.... Sucks to have to wait, but wouldn't want them to get even bigger with the stimulation meds.

Ok, the squirrel picture makes me :rofl: every time I see it ....

It's totally meant to look like a weiner right?!

I thought the same thing about that squirrel! :haha:

Hi...I'm new here and would like to join in for the month of August...

I had my first IUI in July and it ended up a BFN....so I am scheduled to start back on Clomid tomorrow, with an ultrasound on the 13th.

I am also interested to learn how they do a follicle reduction...and did want to say that the squirrel picture cracks me up too!:laugh2:

Good luck to everyone and hope to see lots of BFP's here soon!

Hi...I'm new here and would like to join in for the month of August...

I had my first IUI in July and it ended up a BFN....so I am scheduled to start back on Clomid tomorrow, with an ultrasound on the 13th.

I am also interested to learn how they do a follicle reduction...and did want to say that the squirrel picture cracks me up too!:laugh2:

Good luck to everyone and hope to see lots of BFP's here soon!

Welcome Sweetpea!! Sorry about the BFN in July. Sending you lots of baby dust for August :)

Thanks for the welcome, Springy!

This site seems so active, it's so nice knowing so many are here going through this, that can relate.....it's so stressful and it's hard for friends to relate when they can't completely understand it and how you feel.

Looking forward to following everyone's journey!

Good luck, wishful think!

I was wondering, what number of follicles do doctors usually aim for? My FS said 2-3 when I saw her on Tuesday. But there's another lady on here with 4 and I think they're planning on doing the IUI with that number.

How do you reduce follicles? There is so much about IUI that I still don't know...

I hope you are getting your BFP in a few days!

Thanks little bird. I had never heard of follicle reduction before yesterday either. It is just like egg retrieval with ivf. The doc put a needle up into my ovary, popped it and drained the follicle. I was awake without any pain medication and it didnt hurt too much. I would have gone ahead with the 4 follies but the doc advised us against it as the 4 follies were of good sizes. Also she mentioned as I had a natural pregnancy at the start of this year the four follies might fertilise. It really was a very quick decision and I hope it was the right one :shrug: only time will tell. For ladies who are getting cycles cancelled due to over-responding to meds maybe u could look into follicle reduction. Fingers crossed it all works out. I dont think I'm gonna enjoy this 2ww :wacko:

Ok, the squirrel picture makes me :rofl: every time I see it ....

It's totally meant to look like a weiner right?!

hehehehe, Yes, exactly! :rofl:

A friend of mine sent that to me and I thought I was going to die from not being able to breathe. Not sure I'll ever be able to top this profile pic. So glad it is entertaining!

I had never heard of follicle reduction before yesterday either. It is just like egg retrieval with ivf. The doc put a needle up into my ovary, popped it and drained the follicle. I was awake without any pain medication and it didnt hurt too much. I would have gone ahead with the 4 follies but the doc advised us against it as the 4 follies were of good sizes. Also she mentioned as I had a natural pregnancy at the start of this year the four follies might fertilise. It really was a very quick decision and I hope it was the right one :shrug: only time will tell. For ladies who are getting cycles cancelled due to over-responding to meds maybe u could look into follicle reduction. Fingers crossed it all works out. I dont think I'm gonna enjoy this 2ww :wacko:

I did a bunch of Googling yesterday and figured this out. I'm glad it wasn't too painful for you. It is nice to have that option and not have to cancel a cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->