IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

The needles I used were not the ones that came with the syringes. The size I used is 27g1/2. It's pretty small.. the one that comes on the syringe is huge!

Springy- yes menopur is a powder that you mix with saline

Sorry for the lag in replying ladies I've been busy with work and school the past few days!

PCOS - that bruise is ridiculous! Is it a drug where it is a powder first and you reconstitute it before injection or is it a pen? Most self administered pen type drugs are like what you have used before! I'm really hoping that all these bruises are worth it!!!!

Touch - Great news about the protocol and being able to start so fast! I wish every clinic worked as quickly as yours does :)

Kel - how are you doing? Have you thought of doing acpuncture at all? I just read in another thread someone who had failed IUI and a failed IVF and got pregnant on her own! Swears it was the acupuncture! I started it today and I was so relaxed during the session. I figure it can't hurt to add it to the mix.

Rags & Snowbunny - welcome!!

Snowbunny - I am with ISIS in Mississauga we're practically neighbours :)

Yes we are almost neighbours! Good luck to you and thanks for the welcome!

The needles I used were not the ones that came with the syringes. The size I used is 27g1/2. It's pretty small.. the one that comes on the syringe is huge!

Springy- yes menopur is a powder that you mix with saline

Any products I have dealt with at work once reconstituted use a 27 1/2 gauge needle like the one Touch describes.

PCOS you may want to go to a pharmacy and ask if they have a 27 1/2 as it would be much smaller and easier for injection.

Welcome all! xxxxx for all of us!

hey snowbunny! what a small world! you are going to the same clinic as me! my dr is dr.megan karnis at one fertility in burlington! my first IUI was just this past cycle...going on for my second mid August!

who is your doctor?

hello girls,
currently 5dpo today and having bad ovary pains.... i guess it's normal, this cycle i was on 100mg of clomid 3-7 and trigger on cd14, no iui for me yet. 2 follicles at 19.5 and 14.5mm the day before trigger...

started considering iui with injectables, not sure yet. did all of you doing iui had surgery before to check tubes and uterus? my doctor didn't mention it but i think it is sensible to check before spending money and energy in iui...

what do you think? and are you all doing iui with fsh injections or also with clomid?

thanks girls and sticky baby dust to all...

xxx

I had an HSG first, showed a blocked left tube. Then had a lap, found the tubes were open. The following cycle (July) started Follistim.

You may not need to start with surgery, but an HSG should probably be done first. If they show open tubes, then I personally would have skipped the lap.

thanks squirrel,

what is the difference between hsg and lap &dye? i thought to see if tubes were blocked you need surgery... but there is an easier way?

i am a bit surprised my doc was willing to start iui straight away without investigating more, then a lady here on this thread suggested to check tubes before...

Well, there does seem to be a bit of a difference I've noticed between UK and US. Maybe they don't do HSGs in the UK or it's called something else?? But anyway, all an HSG is a procedure where they shoot dye up through your tubes and take xrays to see if the dye flows all the way through.

A Lap is a minimally-invasive surgery where they cut two to three small incisions and look around the outside of the uterus and tubes.

With the lap, I also had a Hysteroscopy to find the reason for the blockage. With the hysteroscopy, he went in with a wire type thing and passed it through the tube to see if it was blocked or to unblock it.

An HSG is an In and Out kind of procedure. A lap requires general anesthesia and a couple days worth of recovery.

Perhaps in the UK they do both at the same time. Some people have pain with the HSG so they might prefer to do it while you're under the anesthetic. I had really no pain at all with my HSG, so :shrug:

Hope that was at least a tiny bit helpful! :flower:

hi squirrel,
thanks!

here in the uk i always heard lap&dye so i think they are done at the same time... but i am not sure as i didn't discuss with my doctor about this.

i am quite scared i have to say, even if i only have to do the dye and x-rays part... this is one of the reasons i am postponing iui...

i find it hard to have transvaginal scans and pills... let alone all the rest...

anyway, what you girl say is always very helpful

thank you

Hello ladies. :) I'll be joining you this month for my third IUI. A lot of things came up in July, so the OH and I decided to skip that month and wait until August. I just called this morning to schedule my mid cycle scan. The nurses were busy as usual, so I'm just waiting for them to call me back now.

I'm really hoping this IUI will be the one. If not, the OH and I have decided to move onto using donor sperm. :/ While I'm grateful this is an option for us, it'll still be a bit sad to know that we'll never be able to say things like "He looks just like his daddy there," etc. We'll never be able to compare things like that. And I'm pretty positive that we'll have to end up using donor sperm, as his abnormality rate is atrocious. :/

But hey, third times the charm, right? Fx'd.

hey snowbunny! what a small world! you are going to the same clinic as me! my dr is dr.megan karnis at one fertility in burlington! my first IUI was just this past cycle...going on for my second mid August!

who is your doctor?

Our Docotr is Karnis as well...we really like her. She said because of my age (35) it would be best to start with medicated IUI's. I have my first monitoring appointment on Wednesday (Day 3) but she didn't mention frequency. How many appointments did you have?

CD10 follicle scan today! Super super nervous that they wont see anything of good size. I wish I felt some follicle action but I really have nothing to report ... that's normally not a good sign for me. I tend to feel everything ...argh!

hi hun,

i usually feel ovulation, even more than i'd like to. when i went for a scan at cd7 i thought i didn't have any good follicle as i wasn't feeling anything at all and was far from O, turns out i had a 16.5mm follicle... i started feeling something at cd9 and then cd15, the day after my hcg shot and by then it was in full force and didn't leave me yet!

keep us updated
good luck

PMA pcosmom! Remember, you were convinced that you had a cyst, and viola! no cyst. stay positive girl! :hugs:

Thanks! My hubby decided to call into work so he could go to the appointment with me. Yipee!! I will be leaving my house in about an hour ... I really hate the long drive over ... but I love ultrasounds!! I really really hope I got something going on in there :)

GL FXD KENDRA :dust:

PCOS - Ouch, that bruise is not nice. GL today, hoping for great news....

SNOW, RAGS, & BELLA - WELCOME :wave: :dust: :dust: :dust:

TOUCH - things sound sooo promising, it is awesome how fast they are moving, so very motivating! :dust:

Well, there does seem to be a bit of a difference I've noticed between UK and US. Maybe they don't do HSGs in the UK or it's called something else?? But anyway, all an HSG is a procedure where they shoot dye up through your tubes and take xrays to see if the dye flows all the way through.

Perhaps in the UK they do both at the same time. Some people have pain with the HSG so they might prefer to do it while you're under the anesthetic. I had really no pain at all with my HSG, so :shrug:

Hope that was at least a tiny bit helpful! :flower:

Hi, I don't know about England but I had an HSG in Scotland. I've heard of a Lap & dye but didn't need one.

All the best this month.

Right ovary- 15mm follicle & 13.59mm follicle
Left ovary- 10mm follicle and (2) 8mm follicles

She said its likely the 2 on the right side will mature but the left probably won't. So having said that, I have 2 follicles. I go back again on Wednesday @ 10:30am for another scan.

who is your doctor?

Our Docotr is Karnis as well...we really like her. She said because of my age (35) it would be best to start with medicated IUI's. I have my first monitoring appointment on Wednesday (Day 3) but she didn't mention frequency. How many appointments did you have?

We really like Karnis too....she diagnosed me with PCOS in Jan 2011 and prescribed me with metformin...1500 mg daily...been on that since then...she said to try on our own until June....4 or 5 cycles....if no pregnancy then to come back for new plan....current plan is clomid and metformin and IUIs....DH SA is ok.....as for monitoring I am going CD10 which is Mon Aug 8...I did the same last month...started at CD10 for ultrasound and bloodwork....went CD12 and then CD15 and then everyday until IUI...CD15 I had a 16 mm follicle....only saw Karnis once during that time....she was on vacation and some other doctor did the IUI....Dr. Nick the res doc tried but he said my uterus was being jerky...whatever that means and then he to call another doctor in to actually do the IUI....so hopefully Dr.Nick is not around for the IUIs this month....

Right ovary- 15mm follicle & 13.59mm follicle
Left ovary- 10mm follicle and (2) 8mm follicles

She said its likely the 2 on the right side will mature but the left probably won't. So having said that, I have 2 follicles. I go back again on Wednesday @ 10:30am for another scan.

Yay! Two on one side and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for the one at 10mm on the left!!!!

Did they change your menopur dose for the next few days or just staying the same???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->