IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Good luck MrsMM!

Hey, does anyone know if BCP causes sore bbs? I feel so PMSy.. sore bbs, moody, blahh. AF is not due for another 2 weeks!

Have you had any hot flashes on the Femara? I had them but I was on a pretty high dose due to sleepy ovaries. I think it is kind of funny that the pills look just like birth control pills. Ironic. :)

Not really any symptoms - they all mimic AF symptoms so only time will tell :)

I have only taken three pills so far, and I haven't had any hot flashes, but I noticed I'm a little dizzy today. Besides that, I feel great. Headache is gone and I wish AF would go away! :)

Wow, I noticed your dosage in your sig. My doctor said they only prescribe 5mg of the Femara, nothing more. So I hope it does the trick! I have a feeling my ovaries are a little sleepy too. I haven't gotten more than one good sized follicle so far (I've used Clomid until now). I think the Follistim should help with that too. I don't have to start it until Sunday, so I'm not getting anxious about giving myself a shot just yet.

You're right about AF and early pregnancy symptoms. I noticed symptoms so much more after taking Prometrium! I have learned not to get too excited about that stuff during the 2WW because I can't trust my symptoms. That first cycle, though, I was sure I was pregnant! Ah, fun times. Not! :haha:

Hello Ladies~

I'm on the tail end of my July IUI and sadly, I think I'm out, so I will be having an IUI in August :)
I'm Day 11 past my IUI and all my pregnancy tests have been negative so far, so I'm not holding hope for this first IUI.
I'm really disappointed to say the least. I had 9 mature follies and hubby's post-wash semen morphology & motility was very good.
Oh well! I refuse to dwell too long in self-pity.

My official pregnancy blood test is scheduled for next Monday~ once that comes back officially as negative, I will stop the Progesterone suppositories and wait for AF to show up. Then we'll start with an all-injectible protocol again.

I plan on pursuing IUIs until the end of the year, and then make a decision to try a few more rounds, or put closure on ever being a mother. My husband and I have decided that we would not pursue IVF.

I remain hopeful because I did respond very well to my previous IUI (4 yrs ago), I got pregnant with twins, so we can do it again :) I went to the same doctor, because I trust him and his success rate is very high.

Come on August BFPs!!!

Fallen, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses! :hugs:

You're still not out for this round. I hope your blood test comes back with a BFP!

Fallen, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses! :hugs:

You're still not out for this round. I hope your blood test comes back with a BFP!

You're a sweetheart! Thank you! :flower:

I was just reading your previous post about Progesterone, and I so agree with you about the "symptoms" caused by it. You can't really rely on any of the pregnancy symptoms because the Progesterone skews it in a major way. So I'm like you, I don't get excited by the sore boobies, or cramps, or nausea, etc...I find it frustrating at times! When you go through assisted conception methods, nothing is "normal" as we have extra steps and procedures to go through.

But it is what it is and we go through them because the ultimate goal makes it all so worth it!! :flower:

Good luck MrsMM!

Hey, does anyone know if BCP causes sore bbs? I feel so PMSy.. sore bbs, moody, blahh. AF is not due for another 2 weeks!

Hi Touch! I just started the pill last saturday and no symptoms yet, just a little bloated and hungrier that usual. did you already have your IVF orientation? do you know your protocol? my orientation is on the 17th and I also have to have a hsteroscopy and biopsy that day, yikes!. Dr says that it aids implantation. Do you have to have a hysteroscopy before you start? Are you doing anything different this month as far as exercise or diet or acupuncture? Sorry for all the questions, nice to have somebody to ask them to :)

Just a quickie update ...

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Right ovary: 21.58mm follicle & 20mm follicle!!

Trigger tonight for IUI on Friday @10am!!
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Not sure why I am so excited over just 2 follicles ... I guess because it doubles my odds from my last IUI.

I'm trying to keep up with the PMA, I guess :thumbup:

PCOSMom~ You absolutely ShOULD Be excited!!! Yay!!! 2 follies!! I'm excited for you!! Trigger Night! Woohoooo!
Lots and lots of BabyDust to you Sweetie!! Let it BE YOUR BFP this month!!! :hugs:

:dust::dust::dust:

Mandy -- Yessss! PMA R US! :) Now go catch those eggies!

PCOSMom~ You absolutely ShOULD Be excited!!! Yay!!! 2 follies!! I'm excited for you!! Trigger Night! Woohoooo!
Lots and lots of BabyDust to you Sweetie!! Let it BE YOUR BFP this month!!! :hugs:

:dust::dust::dust:

Thank you Thank you!!!! :flower:

:dust:

PCOSMom....that is so awesome!! woohoo for your follies!! Go catch those eggs!

Fallen Ambers...I just noticed your signature...I am so sorry :hugs: But you have a great plan and I am sure you will be a mom one day....

as for me...today is CD5....tomorrow is my last day of clomid...75 mg daily...and then monday I go for an ultrasound and tracking...I am hoping I have more than one follie this month and that DHs swimmers are better for the IUI....no side effects from the clomid...been taking it at bedtime so I sleep through anything....last time on the last day I was dizzy and nausea and hot flashes and cold all at the same time!! that day I took the clomid mid afternoon instead of bedtime! that will teach me! LOL

I guess I have nothing to say until Monday....probably nothing happening yet then either since it is CD10 and last month it was CD15 when my follie showed up :shrug:

xxxxxxxxxxxx for all of us! :dust:

Just a quickie update ...

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Right ovary: 21.58mm follicle & 20mm follicle!!

Trigger tonight for IUI on Friday @10am!!
:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Not sure why I am so excited over just 2 follicles ... I guess because it doubles my odds from my last IUI.

I'm trying to keep up with the PMA, I guess :thumbup:

YAY!!!! Two still increases your odds by a bunch! Really hoping this is your month!

:hi: Girls...

Can I join?

I don't expect AF until the 18th... so I've got a little way to go, but I would love to join now and follow along.

Good luck MrsMM!

Hi Touch! I just started the pill last saturday and no symptoms yet, just a little bloated and hungrier that usual. did you already have your IVF orientation? do you know your protocol? my orientation is on the 17th and I also have to have a hsteroscopy and biopsy that day, yikes!. Dr says that it aids implantation. Do you have to have a hysteroscopy before you start? Are you doing anything different this month as far as exercise or diet or acupuncture? Sorry for all the questions, nice to have somebody to ask them to :)

hey girl! i didn't have an orientation, just sat down and talked to the RE and nurse to discuss everything. my protocol is BCP, lupron, luveris, gonal f, novarel to trigger, then endometrin and estrace. i'm not going to have a hysteroscopy, in fact this cycle is very similar to an IUI cycle, except a few more appts and the ER and ET. my dr is doing ivf w/icsi and aha, is that what you're doing? i've been totally and completely overwhelmed by it all, so i totally understand why you're asking a lot of questions! ask away! :hugs: i'm not doing any acupuncture because i know that if i get tooo into it, then i'll over-stress. so, the only thing i'm doing is a high protein diet. i'm going to continue with exercise, but nothing too hard. when is your IVF cycle scheduled to start? my ER is approx 8/30.. at this point i've paid all the fees and i have all the meds, just waiting for this whole thing to start! my first 'official' appt of the cycle is next week.

Hi ladies! Would it be alright to join you this month? I'm heading into my 2nd IUI cycle.

I'm currently CD4. Even though we weren't successful last month, my RE wants to keep the same protocol: No meds, just trigger and then progesterone. FX!

Hoping4Baby2 -- Good luck, I'll be doing my 2nd IUI as well.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

I have noticed that the Femara is making me super dizzy and tired. Anyone else? The past two nights I have gone to bed earlier than usual, and I wake up in the morning feeling like I could sleep the rest of the day.

Good Morning Girls! :hi:

Hoping4baby2 ~ Welcome! :hugs: I haven't started my IUI cycle yet as I have to wait for the :witch: to show, but I can't wait! :blush: I hope that this second IUI is it for you =)

LittleBird ~ I feel tired like that all the time but I guess it's due to my low iron.

As for me... I'm anxiously waiting for cycle day 15 when I can start my Progestrone and hopefully induce the witch to show so I can start my first IUI

Question: Where are the trigger shots given? Stomach, back, etc? And are they painful? Do you do them yourselves or at the Fertility Clinic?

Question: Where are the trigger shots given? Stomach, back, etc? And are they painful? Do you do them yourselves or at the Fertility Clinic?

I had a trigger shot the day before my first IUI. I got it at the FS office, by the nurse. It was in my butt muscles. It wasn't particularly painful. I'm a little nervous about the possibility of having to do my own trigger shot this time, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

LittleBird ~ Thank you for answering my question... I've heard some women get their shots in thier stomachs and I'm petrified of that! :haha:

However, you have brought some ease with your response. Because I've had plenty of butt shots due to my horrible migraines. So the butt is a good place for me =) :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->