IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Thank you girls :hugs:

I won't be home until late, since it's my work & school day but it'll give me plenty of time to come up with what to say to him, and say it without any anger from last night.

I know it scares him, I saw it in his eyes last night

Thank you so much for all the advice =)

Hope things went okay:flower:

I don't wanna sound selfish here but I plan on using all my embies :) I think the amount I have is really only good for 1-2 FET's anyways.

But I'm sure the girlies with double digit embies probably don't need them all :) and GOD BLESS YOU for sharing with a less fortunate couple!

PCOS, that's not selfish at all. That would be a really tough decision, I think, to donate them to someone else, but it's such an amazing gift too.

there's also such thing as using donated embryos.. my acupuncturist was telling me about her friend who did that. i plan on donating my embryos when we are done TTC.

Our friends just donated their embryos - they have a 5 1/2 year old and 1 year old twins from IVF. For them they just couldn't bear the thought of destroying them and she is unable to carry more children. She is the first at her clinic and they were able to select who the embies went to.

i think it's a wonderful way of paying it forward!

PCOS, that's not selfish at all. That would be a really tough decision, I think, to donate them to someone else, but it's such an amazing gift too.

I think about it sometimes. What I would do with leftover embryos.

I think that being unable to make a decision would be the ONLY factor to keep me from doing IVF.

I agree with PCOSmom, I'd want to use them all myself. If that means I end up with 9 kids, so be it. My husband would never agree to it though. And nothing else seems right for me.

But truly, if you donate, what a selfless gift another couple is given. :thumbup: And if you can pick the couple to donate too. . . . well that's the icing on the cake then.

I think that being unable to make a decision would be the ONLY factor to keep me from doing IVF.

I agree with PCOSmom, I'd want to use them all myself. If that means I end up with 9 kids, so be it. My husband would never agree to it though. And nothing else seems right for me.

But truly, if you donate, what a selfless gift another couple is given. :thumbup: And if you can pick the couple to donate too. . . . well that's the icing on the cake then.

The IVF coordinator made us sign a WHOLE slue of questions ... things I NEVER thought I would be asked. ALL before we could even have the eggs retrieved.

What do you want to do with the extra embryo's you are not going to use?

What do you want to do with the embryo's should you both die before they are used?

What do you want to do with the non-viable tissue?

Should you become pregnant with 3 or more babies, is selective reduction considered?

This was ALL very hard for us to make such HUGE decision in the matter of minutes.

I think I would definitely donate if I could CHOOSE who received my embies. Too many babies are mistreated and left hungry, I'd want to make sure they were going to the best home possible. Not sure if you've seen that Dr. Phil episode where the mom adopted twins and she treated one of them horribly. OMGosh, I would die. Anyhow, there's just SOO much more thought that goes into IVF then what I was prepared for.

Ok, sorry for the long post :winkwink:

Sorry august and squirrelgirl. :hugs:

And August, as for your hubby, I'm sorry about that too. My husband is the same way, I think they choose to act like it doesn't really affect them when it actually does. When I was preggo before, after the u/s showing a heartbeat and all... then having my miscarriage was the 1st time I've ever seen my husband act like it mattered. He was crying right beside me, which was completely awesome. I think they just show it differently than we do. :flower:

Ok... I just took a CB digital test and it said "pregnant". OMG!!! My hcg is already high enough for that test to pick it up in the afternoon!

See...

IMG_20110913_181753.jpg

Ok... I just took a CB digital test and it said "pregnant". OMG!!! My hcg is already high enough for that test to pick it up in the afternoon!

See...

View attachment 264901

That must be such an awesome feeling!!! To see those words - awesome, congratulations!

Thank you so much! It is but also such a frightening feeling too. We have decided (since my last mc) to keep this a secret to all of our friends irl until after the 1st trimester, but I just had to share. I'm still super nervous. Will be calling my RE for a beta test... probably will do it on saturday. Its hard not to be excited after seeing that on my test though. :winkwink:

:dust:

See...

View attachment 264901

That must be such an awesome feeling!!! To see those words - awesome, congratulations!

Thank you so much! It is but also such a frightening feeling too. We have decided (since my last mc) to keep this a secret to all of our friends irl until after the 1st trimester, but I just had to share. I'm still super nervous. Will be calling my RE for a beta test... probably will do it on saturday. Its hard not to be excited after seeing that on my test though. :winkwink:

:dust:

Congrats sweety!!! :happydance: I know the feeling is better than winning the lottery!! I remember wanting to carry the stick around like it was a frickin trophy! I was like "I WON, I WON ... I FRICKIN FINALLY WON!"

May God bless your little beany baby! :thumbup:

Thanks PCOS and Touch!

PCOS ~ thats funny! EXACTLY how I feel... I wanna carry that around and show everyone. And probably will show to pic to everyone soon. lol I couldn't resist... I've already sent the pic to my sis and my mom. haha Bless them, they have been so supportive! They had to be the first to know! :)

my situation is a bit unique since my OH is a woman. she will carry the next baby using her own eggs. so since i have 9 frozen, and assuming this IVF works (pupo!), then i most likely will not need all 9 of those in the future. i'm sure we will use them again in a few years, but if there's anything left then i will definitely donate. we ourselves had to utilize donor services (spermies), so i understand and appreciate the idea which is why i want to donate my embryos.

adroplet - 9/7 :hugs:
Wishful Think - 9/13
augustluvers - 9/14
SquirrelGirl - 9/14
Caphybear - 9/14 :yipee::bfp::yipee:
Mrs C P - 9/20
Springy - 9/21
readyformore - 9/22
Touch the Sky - 9/22
Snowbunny - 9/23
usamom - 9/29
pk2of8 - 9/29