IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Hi! hope that im in the right place. Just started my second round of clomid today :thumbup: cd 5-9 on 25mg.

:growlmad: Last month was horrible, clomid 50 cd 3-7. I produced 8 follicals over 18mm with a total of 11! :sad2: very painful ovulation. RE told us to ovulate on our own, never got a positive opk, but they did iui anyway.

Really praying this is the month, i dont like the side effects of clomid and am scared that if i didnt get pregnant when I had 8 follicals why would i now?

RE thought it was cyst, ultrasound said NO. So maybe they didnt develop all the way. :muaha: feels like a roller coaster.

If all goes well next thursday at mid cycle ultrasound, i will be taking ovadrill, and then iui friday. Not sure what side effects ovadrill has either?

Hard to keep the faith with constant upset.:devil:

Hi asa9841... Welcome and I think you are in the right place! Everytime I mention something that I have experienced- these ladies can tell me stories about having been in the same place as me at one time or another. I'm going through this process alone and these folks have been a great comfort to me. Best of luck to you! :hugs:

Hi! hope that im in the right place. Just started my second round of clomid today :thumbup: cd 5-9 on 25mg.

:growlmad: Last month was horrible, clomid 50 cd 3-7. I produced 8 follicals over 18mm with a total of 11! :sad2: very painful ovulation. RE told us to ovulate on our own, never got a positive opk, but they did iui anyway.

Really praying this is the month, i dont like the side effects of clomid and am scared that if i didnt get pregnant when I had 8 follicals why would i now?

RE thought it was cyst, ultrasound said NO. So maybe they didnt develop all the way. :muaha: feels like a roller coaster.

If all goes well next thursday at mid cycle ultrasound, i will be taking ovadrill, and then iui friday. Not sure what side effects ovadrill has either?

Hi there! Good luck to you. As for Ovidrel.... I've never had any side effects from it.

Wanted to share my funny of the day.. I picked up some progesterone suppositories this afternoon and I have never used them before. Before tucking my med bag in the fridge I looked at the label.. The instructions say to "insert one suppository PER vagina prior to going to bed".. I stood there for a moment before finally bursting out laughing.. :haha:

OMG so funny! I will have to look at my label when I get home to see if it says the same thing!

:wave: Welcome asa, sounds like clomid really gets your ovaries going! Hope things go better for you this month. When I had my ovidrel shot I had some really sore (.)(.) and bloating but that's about it. GL to you!

Sometimes I put suppositories in all my vagina's ... gotta make sure all my bases are covered. :haha:

As far as ovidrel ... I never have any real side effects from it. Maybe some very slight prego symptoms ... more hungry.

:flower: Hi Girls.

Is anyone here on Estradiol (Estrace I think) during the TWW?

Well, not much of a surprise here. Negative blood test today and AF is now here. Going to the doctor tomorrow to see if I have any residual cysts.... Was surprised they wanted to see me so soon, because I thought you were supposed to do the baseline scan on CD3. But the nurse said that the doctor had some family emergency something or other and they needed to get me in tomorrow. Can't hurt too much, to go a day early, right?

Oh, and hi everyone! :flower:

JanetPlanet, My RE had me on Estrogen supplements plus Progestrogen, that is his normal protacol. 1 pill each twice a day up your "vag". Funny story about that... I live in a small town and when I filled my script for them it read Use as directed in the vagina... The old man pharmacist aske me if I had ever been on these meds before, and did I know they were not suppose to go in there:) Made me giggle:) If your Estrodial level is low at the time of trigger he has you do 2 boosters of HSG, one the day of transfer and one during the 2ww. I don't know if that did it or not but I am PREGNANT! First ultrasound on the 22nd! Good Luck to you!

I started my first dose of Estradiol this morning, and then I read this on the package insert:

"Estradiol has been assigned to pregnancy category X by the FDA. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. Estradiol is contraindicated during pregnancy."

and

"This medicine is not effective in preventing or treating a tendency toward miscarriage nor the threat of miscarriage. This medicine must not be used during pregnancy because its use may result in birth defects or cancer later in the child's life (see CAUTIONS section). "

I am not going to take it anymore. I just can't do it after reading that. What do you girls think, am I being paranoid?

i saw that too, hesitated, but ultimately trusted my RE as he does this all the time

I started my first dose of Estradiol this morning, and then I read this on the package insert:

"Estradiol has been assigned to pregnancy category X by the FDA. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. Estradiol is contraindicated during pregnancy."

and

"This medicine is not effective in preventing or treating a tendency toward miscarriage nor the threat of miscarriage. This medicine must not be used during pregnancy because its use may result in birth defects or cancer later in the child's life (see CAUTIONS section). "

I am not going to take it anymore. I just can't do it after reading that. What do you girls think, am I being paranoid?

My Dr has prescribed estrace for me also during my TWW and I was just reading the same things about it. I trust my Dr though and he has gotten many of my friends pregnant so I am going to trust him and take it :) Just remember he/she is the expert.

I'm 6dpiui and I can tell it didn't work.
Anyone know how to hit the fast forward button to another cycle, lol?
It didn't work, and I'll get over it, but I'd like to try again. . . . oh say. . . maybe. . . tomorrow!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just shoot out eggs whenever we felt like it?
We wouldn't have to wait another few weeks.

Hi girlies .... I am regretting to tell you that I will be leaving this thread for a little while. I got some news that has crushed my soul and need to take a breather. I am updating my journal soon and will continue to update there.

Wishing all you girls in your 2WW the biggest BFP! :) Many hugs to all :)

Of course I will check in to see everyone's success stories !!!!

I'm 6dpiui and I can tell it didn't work.
Anyone know how to hit the fast forward button to another cycle, lol?
It didn't work, and I'll get over it, but I'd like to try again. . . . oh say. . . maybe. . . tomorrow!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just shoot out eggs whenever we felt like it?
We wouldn't have to wait another few weeks.

:hugs: I'm so sorry your feeling this way :hugs:

I too wish we could just hit the fast forward button. I've been yelling at my body for two days because AF seems to want to take her time to get here! lol

Hi girlies .... I am regretting to tell you that I will be leaving this thread for a little while. I got some news that has crushed my soul and need to take a breather. I am updating my journal soon and will continue to update there.

Wishing all you girls in your 2WW the biggest BFP! :) Many hugs to all :)

Of course I will check in to see everyone's success stories !!!!

I hope you find peace and come back soon pcosmom! :hugs:

and

Janet those warnings are for when you are actually pregnant and further along - a doctor would NEVER give them to you later in a pregnancy and the company HAS to put those warnings on the label when they have not done clinical studies in pregnant women. Taking estradiol / estrace during IVF and your TWW is TOTALLY normal.

There comes a time when you have to TRUST your doctor and that they would NOT be giving you something that is going to harm you or a developing fetus.

As most of you know I work for a large pharmaceutical company and in one of our monographs a warning that we had to include in one of our CANCER treatment products was "dog bite" because one random schmuck in our clinical trial got bit by a dog .... seriously do we really think that because you are undergoing chemotherapy you are more likely to be biten by a dog?!?!?!

My question to you is this ... if you stop taking the estradiol and this contributes to a BFN how are you going to feel???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->