IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

so sorry snowbunny and readyformore!

squirrel - keep the faith.. things happen when you least expect it :)

So sorry snowbunny and readyformore! hang in there :)
Had my first scan this morning and have 6 follies. Dr is not changing my dose (still on 75 gonal F and 75 repronex) even though he said that he thought I would have more follies by now. Really hoping that more pop up by my next scan on monday, FX!!! Touch do you remember how many you had after about 4 days of stimms? I am kind of worried. Anyways, finally heading out tonight for our very belated anniversary dinner. Can't wait, it should be fun even if I can't have a nice glass of wine.
Happy friday to everyone!

harvest, i checked my calendar and here you go. just fyi the dr said i was movin slow too..

8/26 – decreased lupron to 5 units, started stimulation meds of Gonal F and Luveris
8/30 – ultrasound – 7 follies on right, 5 on left, ranging 7-10mm
9/2 – ultrasound, 10 follies ranging 13-15mm, lots of difficulty viewing the left ovary
9/4- ultrasound, 8 follies on right, 9 on left, ranging 13-19mm, continue stimming
9/5 – ultrasound, 12 mature follies ranging 19-20mm, trigger at 11pm
9/7 - Retrieval - got 13 mature eggs

harvest, i checked my calendar and here you go. just fyi the dr said i was movin slow too..

8/26 – decreased lupron to 5 units, started stimulation meds of Gonal F and Luveris
8/30 – ultrasound – 7 follies on right, 5 on left, ranging 7-10mm
9/2 – ultrasound, 10 follies ranging 13-15mm, lots of difficulty viewing the left ovary
9/4- ultrasound, 8 follies on right, 9 on left, ranging 13-19mm, continue stimming
9/5 – ultrasound, 12 mature follies ranging 19-20mm, trigger at 11pm
9/7 - Retrieval - got 13 mature eggs

Thanks Touch, super helpful :hugs:

Well yesterday was iui, Hubby went in and did his thing, they called and said can he come back in for a second specimin, i said NO we live an hour away!

When i got there they said he only have .2 for a sperm count and normally they like at least 1 mill, but 5 mill is ideal!

Did the iui anyway. Also they suggest we go to a uroligist and have him checked, possible testicular varicose veins. And that we are wasting money with iui when counts are that low :(

Has anyone else been through this? Any pregnancys with low counts or after the surjury?

After this month we are gonna take a break

Thanks Ladies,

asa, sorry I have no similar experience or know any advice, but huge hugs!!!! :hugs:

Bummer asa. big ((hugs)).
I hope the urologist can point you in the right direction.

Had my baseline scan this morning on CD1.
They were concerned about a leftover cyst from the last cycle. They checked my estradiol and said if it was under 50, then I can do femara again this cycle. It was 39, so that's good I guess.

I'm just really worried about a cyst. I know that they said it's very common, but I had to have my right ovary removed a few years ago due to issues with cysts. I'm rather protective of my only remaining one. Not sure what to do.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks Pixie! cant tell if I want to buy a bunch of dollar store tests and just test it out and then every day after, or if I want to just wait for for AF. HMMM.

Pixie-do you have a short luteal phase?? I am wondering why at 13dpo you would have normally already had af two days ago (11dpo instead?)....I'm new so I may have missed something... just wondering so I can mull it over with you.

Also what is cyclogest?

Hi,

Fairly new to it myself. I have't been told I have a short luteal phase yet, but before I had my lap my AF was quite erratic, so this weirdness could be returning. :nope:

Cycolgest is just a progesterone pessary my clinic have given me to help the IUI take. Its more common with IVF I think. You do one or two a day and its seriously messy. I've heard it can make AF late.

AF still isn't here, but I'm having so many symptoms. I sat crying for no reason earlier, well I little reason. I've fractured my foot, am on crutches and might need an op. Stinky luck when I'm supposed to be going to NYC in three weeks.

How's your treatments coming along?

They were concerned about a leftover cyst from the last cycle. They checked my estradiol and said if it was under 50, then I can do femara again this cycle. It was 39, so that's good I guess.

I'm just really worried about a cyst. I know that they said it's very common, but I had to have my right ovary removed a few years ago due to issues with cysts. I'm rather protective of my only remaining one. Not sure what to do.

All depends ... how large is the cyst now??

Well yesterday was iui, Hubby went in and did his thing, they called and said can he come back in for a second specimin, i said NO we live an hour away!

When i got there they said he only have .2 for a sperm count and normally they like at least 1 mill, but 5 mill is ideal!

Did the iui anyway. Also they suggest we go to a uroligist and have him checked, possible testicular varicose veins. And that we are wasting money with iui when counts are that low :(

Has anyone else been through this? Any pregnancys with low counts or after the surjury?

After this month we are gonna take a break

Thanks Ladies,
Sorry you had this happen asa! hope that this IUI works out for you regardless :dust:

Asa, I have heard that IUI is usually not beneficial for those with low sperm counts. But it only takes 1 :spermy: so lots and lots of luck to you!

IUI Statistics thread ... may be interesting to some :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/assisted-conception/617905-iui-reference-list-please-share-your-numbers-here.html

All depends ... how large is the cyst now??

I 'think' she said 28X20.
Not very large at all. But, my sense of size is warped completely after my 16cm cyst.

I am new to the forum thing, I love reading all the posts, but am not as good at posting. I also don't know how to make all the nice pictures and cycle stories. We have been trying naturally for 3 or 4 years on and off. We have ne 8 yr old son - took us 5-6 months to conceive when we were in our mid 20's. I have done 3 clomid cycles with BFN's and now am on 4th cycle - 3dpiui - I used 100mg clomid this month and had 3 mature follicles all on my right side - 16mm, 25mm and 27mm. I got the hcg trigger shot on Monday morn and an IUI Tues morn and again Wed morn. My DH had 24 million post wash 1st day and 23 million post wash 2nd day. Does this sound like positive numbers? The nurse was really encouraging but I think they are supposed to be.

Thanks Pixie! cant tell if I want to buy a bunch of dollar store tests and just test it out and then every day after, or if I want to just wait for for AF. HMMM.

Pixie-do you have a short luteal phase?? I am wondering why at 13dpo you would have normally already had af two days ago (11dpo instead?)....I'm new so I may have missed something... just wondering so I can mull it over with you.

Also what is cyclogest?

Hi,

Fairly new to it myself. I have't been told I have a short luteal phase yet, but before I had my lap my AF was quite erratic, so this weirdness could be returning. :nope:

Cycolgest is just a progesterone pessary my clinic have given me to help the IUI take. Its more common with IVF I think. You do one or two a day and its seriously messy. I've heard it can make AF late.

AF still isn't here, but I'm having so many symptoms. I sat crying for no reason earlier, well I little reason. I've fractured my foot, am on crutches and might need an op. Stinky luck when I'm supposed to be going to NYC in three weeks.

How's your treatments coming along?

Ooooh No af or spotting yet 13dpo sounds good-I'm really going to cross my fingers for you that you get a bfp. I was just wondering if you had a short lp because you said your af comes usually two days before now-which would be like, 11dpo which is really early for AF in a normal luteal cycle. Normally should expect her to show tomorrow-but if your cycles aren't regular who knows!!!

Everything okay so far. Dropped Dh's SA off today to make sure that IUI next week was even plausible and his counts (per phone) were so good I am now second guessing that she gave us the right info.

I am new to the forum thing, I love reading all the posts, but am not as good at posting. I also don't know how to make all the nice pictures and cycle stories. We have been trying naturally for 3 or 4 years on and off. We have ne 8 yr old son - took us 5-6 months to conceive when we were in our mid 20's. I have done 3 clomid cycles with BFN's and now am on 4th cycle - 3dpiui - I used 100mg clomid this month and had 3 mature follicles all on my right side - 16mm, 25mm and 27mm. I got the hcg trigger shot on Monday morn and an IUI Tues morn and again Wed morn. My DH had 24 million post wash 1st day and 23 million post wash 2nd day. Does this sound like positive numbers? The nurse was really encouraging but I think they are supposed to be.

Wait for other's to chip in because I am BRAND new to this-but from what I read, any counts 20-30 million post wash have much higher success rates than anything lower, but that after 30 million it doesn't seem to increase your chances any-so I'd say you are very good!!!!

Yeah, I'd say those numbers sound perfectly fine. Anything over 20 mil post wash is good as far as I was told by my clinic. And Welcome!

My DH thinks I'm obsessed and that I need to quite reading so much and searching on the internet. I am just hoping so much that this works. My sister did IUI 7 yrs ago and it worked for her the 1st time. It has been along time, just like so many others I have read about that we have been TTC, I figured it would happen eventually. I am constantly looking for symptoms every month, and even though it too early I look into every twinge or cramp and wonder....

Baby dust to all!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"