IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

I am new to the forum thing, I love reading all the posts, but am not as good at posting. I also don't know how to make all the nice pictures and cycle stories. We have been trying naturally for 3 or 4 years on and off. We have ne 8 yr old son - took us 5-6 months to conceive when we were in our mid 20's. I have done 3 clomid cycles with BFN's and now am on 4th cycle - 3dpiui - I used 100mg clomid this month and had 3 mature follicles all on my right side - 16mm, 25mm and 27mm. I got the hcg trigger shot on Monday morn and an IUI Tues morn and again Wed morn. My DH had 24 million post wash 1st day and 23 million post wash 2nd day. Does this sound like positive numbers? The nurse was really encouraging but I think they are supposed to be.

Hi Mass! Whereabouts in TO are you? I am in Etobicoke. On a break this cycle and waiting to talk to our doctor as to whether we do another IUI or do IVF. We are with a clinic in mississauga right now by my office but we are thinking of switching to a different clinic. Which clinic are you with?

23 and 24 million are good numbers especially with 3 follicles that were good sized :)

Hi Springy, I am north of the city, west of orangeville. I go to Brampton at Newlife. So far they have been great. I find all the appts hard as it it a drive for me, but im hoping things will finally come together some and we will have a lil peep on the way!:winkwink:

Thanks PCOCS... I'm going through this alone (single mom by choice)- and sometimes just need to hear the kind words.

Hi usamom, I'm on that same boat as you. in it alone by choice.
I have second scan tomorrow, and should be triggering later this week. I need to catch up with your posts to see where you're at!!

Hello all, I haven't posted for a while and haven't posted on this forum before. I'm currently in the 2WW of my 3rd cycle of IUI with meds (Puregon and Pregnyl trigger). I'm on day 5 post IUI. I feel ok but haven't been great - I'm used to the symptons now but I'm so emotional and almost like a crazy woman. My husband and I keep having fights which doesn't help (we usually don't fight at all!) but honestly I'm just like a crazy woman and blaming him for things he hasn't done then hysterically crying for hours. On top of that my boobs feel like balloons and are so sore I have to wear a maternity bra, I have cramps that feel like a period and I'm exhausted. I also, I keep getting this cramping pain in my lower left side, it also makes my groin/back hurt and even the muscles in my leg/knee. I also feel gassy (sorry TMI!) and weirdly the left side kind of sometimes feels like its ''bubbling'' insdie. So strange. Its not new as I've had it with the other cycles and it goes away after so I know its nothing to worry about but its very frustrating as no one knows what it is. It almost feels like a stitch you get if you run after eating of something but also at the same time feels like I've pulled a muscle. I went to a Body Pump class yesterday becase I really want to keep it up as I think it helps me mentally and physically but I ended up getting so stressed during the class as I thought I was doing more damage that I left before the class was up and then felt guilty all day that I might have done some damage or stopped something working (even though I really know this isn't possible!) This morning I have another class at the gym that I love doing but its also quite intense and I'm already worrying if I should/shouldn't. Anyway, I think I just needed to vent and get this all off my chest to a group of people that hopefully understand and have some similar symptons! Thank you for listening! :)

Well this IUI is a fail, AF turned up last night and is so painful. I think that is due to the progesteron I've been taking. I'm feeling seriously tearful today, especially as I've got a broken foot as well.
I now have to decide if we give next month a month off and head to NYC for a break (If my foots better) or book it for Feb and keep trying.
Has anyone conceived with an IUI? I'm wondering if we should go straight to IVF.
Not sure how many more months feeling like this I can cope with.

Hi - I'm relatively new to all of this. I'm anxiously waiting to start our first IUI... I'm on CD38 - three days after a seven day provera rx. Last month, I started my period on day three of provera. Anyone have any tips to bring on AF?

So incredibly frustrated... I suppose this is good practice for all the things I can't control about this process, right? :dohh:

Hi Pixie, I totally know what your going through. We've been trying off & on for about 2 yrs. Did the 3 iui's & no luck. Just "unexplained infertility" :(. We are off to ivf next month. I would talk to your fs & determine which is your best route at this point. Not sure how much you pay, but I paid $700/iui. That in itself cost $2100. All the meds were thankfully covered. I would give it another shot ....

Good luck Hun :)

Well this IUI is a fail, AF turned up last night and is so painful. I think that is due to the progesteron I've been taking. I'm feeling seriously tearful today, especially as I've got a broken foot as well.
I now have to decide if we give next month a month off and head to NYC for a break (If my foots better) or book it for Feb and keep trying.
Has anyone conceived with an IUI? I'm wondering if we should go straight to IVF.

Hi there... My situation is different than yours, but I did conceive my son with an IUI back in 2007.. Best of luck to you!

Pixie, I'm so sorry!!!!!!!! :cry: -stupid stupid witch.

I know a lot of people who quickly gave up on IUI and went straight on to IVF-I guess it is a really personal decision.....but I do know that TONS of women get bfps with IUI. My research indicates approximately 22 out of 100 women in less than 2 IUI cycles.........I have been told the numbers jump to 74 if you give it six whole cycles.....that's pretty optimistic numbers. Plus you could do a more aggressive IUI approach, I know that the results say with injectible drugs and full monitoring are much higher than unmedicated or "regular" IUIS (as my dr. puts it).

Hi - I'm relatively new to all of this. I'm anxiously waiting to start our first IUI... I'm on CD38 - three days after a seven day provera rx. Last month, I started my period on day three of provera. Anyone have any tips to bring on AF?

So incredibly frustrated... I suppose this is good practice for all the things I can't control about this process, right? :dohh:

Hi Blue Bird and welcome!! I wish I had some advice for you about bringing on your AF, but I've never experiences that.. Good luck and I hope you get our BfP soon!

Hi there... My situation is different than yours, but I did conceive my son with an IUI back in 2007.. Best of luck to you!

How many IUIS did you have before you got a bfp? Thanks!

Hi Blue Bird and welcome!! I wish I had some advice for you about bringing on your AF, but I've never experiences that.. Good luck and I hope you get our BfP soon!

I haven't ever either too-sorry can't help-but just wanted to say welcome and also I'm in Florida-where are you? I'm Cape Coral.

Thanks PCOCS... I'm going through this alone (single mom by choice)- and sometimes just need to hear the kind words.

Hi usamom, I'm on that same boat as you. in it alone by choice.
I have second scan tomorrow, and should be triggering later this week. I need to catch up with your posts to see where you're at!!

Hello and welcome!! I'm in the middle of the dreaded tww and trying to keep my sanity until I can test!! Good luck this week!

How many IUIS did you have before you got a bfp? Thanks!

First time around I got my BFP the first cycle.. Now- I'm on my second cycle with no idea if this is the one or not... Just waiting..

CRC- welcome! So sorry you are having a tough time with all the meds. I'm sure that many of us can relate- it's tough stuff!! As for working out- i hear you there.. I haveh been able to either... At least not until i have a little bean that is really sticking!! Hang in there and I hope you get your BFP soon.

yeah, I am doing some walking and hula hooping in the follicular phase along with yoga for fertility. Just enough for circulation/warmth in the pelvis. I am going to stick with the yoga through ovulation but after the IUI I'm not doing anything at all that could interfere with implantation. I know it's not quite the big concern with IUI as IVF but I've come this far, not taking any chances!

Thanks, usamom! I appreciate it!

@Titi - I'm in Dunedin - just north of Clearwater.

I appreciate the response. I have PCOS, and don't ovulate or have periods (which I've always thought was a good thing!). We're so excited about the plan - IUI... now we just have to wait!

CRC- welcome! So sorry you are having a tough time with all the meds. I'm sure that many of us can relate- it's tough stuff!! As for working out- i hear you there.. I haveh been able to either... At least not until i have a little bean that is really sticking!! Hang in there and I hope you get your BFP soon.

Thank you usamom! The hardest thing I'm finding is with my husband right now - things are really not nice and its putting a nasty strain on both of us - I know is my fault because of my hormones and flying off the handle, but I do feel he could be a bit more understanding - I'm finding it really hard and really feel that we just hate eachother at the moment! I know we don't really and we generally have a very good marriage and are very nice to eachother but I just don't know what to do right now. I'm constantly moody and teary and he feels there is nothing he can do - I feel he's not trying hard enough but I know that's a bit unreasonable of me too - oh well....Thanks for listening! :)

Pixie - so sorry to hear it didn't work out this time around. I've had 2 failed IUI cycles and it was very disappointing. My RE told me he would suggest moving to IVF after 4-5 failed IUIs.

usamom and Kiseki, I'm doing this by myself as well. I just decided I'm not getting any younger and with the endo diagnosis I didn't want to keep waiting. I'm nervous about being a single mom but fortunately I've got a very supportive family and they all live here in town.

Touch, did you get your second beta results yet? Hope you have a sticky little bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->