IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

my 2nd beta was yesterday and i get the results tomorrow :) i woke up feeling paranoid that i was no longer pregnant, so i'm going to POAS just to make sure! :wacko:

update: ok i poas w/2 hrs of urine and both lines popped up right away, both very dark. PHEW!

GL for you results tomorrow touch!
HI to everyone else! Welcome bluebird and crc, good luck with the IUIs!
I'm back in for another scan tomorrow morning, keeping FX for more follies. They upped my meds so hopefully my 6 have increased! Have been super tired all weekend must be from the meds, anyone else get super tired from stimming?

I'm back in for another scan tomorrow morning, keeping FX for more follies. They upped my meds so hopefully my 6 have increased! Have been super tired all weekend must be from the meds, anyone else get super tired from stimming?

Hi Harvest, thanks for the welcome - I think perhaps I ''met'' you on another forum on baby and bump a few months ago? I recognise your name. Are you still on IUI and if so what round? Good luck today - hope you have lots of ripe follies! :)

Hi - I'm relatively new to all of this. I'm anxiously waiting to start our first IUI... I'm on CD38 - three days after a seven day provera rx. Last month, I started my period on day three of provera. Anyone have any tips to bring on AF?

So incredibly frustrated... I suppose this is good practice for all the things I can't control about this process, right? :dohh:

Hi Blue Bird and welcome!! I wish I had some advice for you about bringing on your AF, but I've never experiences that.. Good luck and I hope you get our BfP soon!

I haven't ever either too-sorry can't help-but just wanted to say welcome and also I'm in Florida-where are you? I'm Cape Coral.

Hi Bluebird, I sympathise with you as the same thing happened to me when we were about to start our first IUI - my period usually comes around day 22-26 but when we were waiting to start our first IUI I was in the same position as you. It was so weird - I had never wanted a period to arrive as much as I did then and literally jumped for joy and emailed my friends when it did! :) I'm afraid I don't have any advise other than hang in there and make the most of the pre-treatment phase, get lots of excersise and healthy eating in and allow yourselves a few drinks as you might not want to once you start. Make the most of it and try not to worry or be anxious. Keep us posted. x

Good luck with your scan!! I go for my scan today too for my first IUI........excited!!

: )

Morning girls...

It's 7:55am and I just got to work from my cycle day 12 ultrasound... not good news... My both ovaries are 'quiet' the doctor said, which means that I did not respond to the 100mg of Clomid taken from cycle day 3-9. He gave me a prescription for 150mg of Clomid and I'm to take them today through friday and come back next monday for another ultrasound... HOWEVER!!!! My clear blue monitor read high today, and last cycle my follies were smaller than 10mmm on cd 12 but 22mm on cycle day 14... So I just feel like I'm going to miss ovulation, and that my IUI is going to be too late. I can'te stop crying. I'm so upset and frustrated and for once I want to throw the towel and give up because I'm not cut out for this. Making babies is supposed to be something sacred and fun and it has become everything but that for me. And I'm physically and emotionally exhausted.

Rant over...

For those getting ultrasounds today... I pray that they go ALOT better then mine did. For those nearing IUI... I'm praying that it works for you.

:hugs:

August- I'm so sOrry!! Hope that extra round of clomid does the trick and gives you some healthy follies by next week. Best wishes to you!! Hang in there.

I'm sooooooo sorry too August....this is hard enough as it is without additional disappointment. Hopefully the extra Clomid will give you just the boost you need. And I'm sure you can rest assure that ultrasound and doctor monitoring must surely be more reliable than the CB? Hopefully!

Usamom ~ thank you :hugs:

I already told DH that we are going to BD every other day, starting tonight for safe measures. But I can't test with OPK or Monitor now, because Clomid will give me a false result. :shrug: So we are going naturale and I thinkt that's best at this point.

Thank you, CRC! I told my husband last night that it was like being constipated!

CD 39 and counting...

Thank you Titi :hugs: my last cycle was very disappointing because they missed my ovulation, I just don't want that to happen again this time.

Blue Bird ~ Cycle day 39??? How long are you cycles usuaully? Are you on Clomid, or any other fertility meds? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been on much. :hugs:

Thank you Titi :hugs: my last cycle was very disappointing because they missed my ovulation, I just don't want that to happen again this time.

Blue Bird ~ Cycle day 39??? How long are you cycles usuaully? Are you on Clomid, or any other fertility meds? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't been on much. :hugs:

oh no! I hadn't known they'd already missed ov......no wonder you are stressing about it-totally understandable! And I can't even imagine the disappointment. Geez. : (

Okay-

I'm so new to this so would appreciate feedback. Just had my very first scan for my IUI
and have 3 follies-two are 18mm and one is 19mm. I did Clomid 50mg 5-9 and on cd11. Dr. said lining is good, and we got Dh's SA back at 340 million/40%/excellent progression (136 live sperm this sample).
I was told to bd when I got home (which I did) & have to trigger with ovidrel tonight at 5pm and then go back on Wed. for 9:00 IUI (8:15 collection & wash).

I just wanted to give this first IUI a try so that I could finally just say we've done everything we can do and no regrets because after 3 years almost at our age I just haven't ever thought we'd get pg naturally-I had NO hopes of it actually working.
Now, I can't help myself. I'm shaking and crying and emotional (Clomid anyone?) with the hopes that maybe possibly we could be pg in two weeks..............this is going to be a hell of a roller coaster, I know it. : (

Well this IUI is a fail, AF turned up last night and is so painful. I think that is due to the progesteron I've been taking. I'm feeling seriously tearful today, especially as I've got a broken foot as well.
I now have to decide if we give next month a month off and head to NYC for a break (If my foots better) or book it for Feb and keep trying.
Has anyone conceived with an IUI? I'm wondering if we should go straight to IVF.
Not sure how many more months feeling like this I can cope with.

Hi pixie.

I conceived with IUI. The 4th one finally worked. That was for unexplained infertility. I understand about the not coping well. Even though I've had success in the past, I'm just not sure how much of this I can stomach.

Titi - Good luck! Lots and lots of baby dust!

August - I'm sorry about your news. Extra clomid is a good thing!

Re: the periods - I don't have them on my own (or ovulate for that matter), so I'm on my second round of provera to start my second period (in eight years) so that we can start our first IUI (clomid + trigger shot + iui). I was on provera in August to start a period to finish all my fertility tests. Oh well, it will come when it will come. (pulls out hair)

Hi Ladies,

Firstly congratulations to all of you that got your BFP's recently and :hugs: to those who didn't and good luck to everyone who's in the 2WW.

Secondly i hope you don't mind me joining you in here? I was on a uk site but very little activity on it :shrug:

AFM- Disappointed to say it was a BFN for my first IUI, the whole thing seemed to go really well so i'm a little gutted, i did puregon 100iu on CD's 3 5 7 9 and 11, i had one follie at 18mm on CD 12 did my ovitrelle shot at 7pm the same day then had IUI on CD 14 at 11am, OH sample was good, also been using cyclogest 200mg for 14 days twice a day which is a little messy, only problem was i felt like i ovulated the same night i took my ovitrelle shot, anyone else felt like they ovulated before their IUI? if so did you mention it to your FS? and did they do anything different for the next cycle? Sorry for all the questions but i'm trying to prepare myself for the next cycle.

How fast the follies grow? I read that spontaneous ovulation generally doesn't happen until they reach 20mm.......mine too were 18mm (well 1 19mm too) this morning but don't know if they can reach 20mm in a few hours or days? I'm afraid to ov before IUI too but our dr. has us BD in addition just in case. Although it's so new to us that we weren't very sure on the timing so only got in one bd probably so far that would count.

augustluvers was sharing today that she ov'd before her IUI last time. and is also scared of it happening this cycle.

Hi Titi,

I think i read somewhere that they grow 1-2mm per day, I just checked my phone and had a message from the nurse at my clinic with a reply to my question and she said that they can't say for sure that i didn't ovulate early but it's quite unlikely as i was only at 18mm and for natural ovulation to occur i would have needed to be at 20mm+, just like you said in your post :thumbup:
Just one of those things that plays on your mind :wacko:, the what ifs. But i'm sure the FS's know what they are doing and i should just relax and let them do their stuff.

Yay! At least one thing to ease your mind! Isn't it crazy how much we second guess professionals who have years and years and thousands of patients of experience behind them? But I do this all the time......it doesn't help when the first ob/gyn and primary doctors I showed my fertility friend charts to said they had no experience with temping/charting, and other things I've heard/seen along the way!

Hi Harvest, thanks for the welcome - I think perhaps I ''met'' you on another forum on baby and bump a few months ago? I recognise your name. Are you still on IUI and if so what round? Good luck today - hope you have lots of ripe follies! :)

Hi CRC, yes i totally remember you from another thread. We are done with IUI, tried 4 rounds and none worked. 3 with clomid and 1 with injectibles. We are in the middle of our first IVF. I have never been so exhausted!!! They upped my meds on Friday and I have been a zombie ever since. Scan went well today, I have at least 8 follies now. Starting the cetrotide tomorrow aswell and back for another scan on Thursday. ER should be this weekend. How are you? still trying IUI?

Titi-sounds like your scan went really well today too! Good luck with the IUI on Wednesday

August-:hugs: So sorry you are having a tough time. Hang in there and I have everything crossed that this cycle works out for you

Hi to everyone else, hope you had a good weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->