IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Bizzibii!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Very well that your embaby could have split and you may have identicals in there!!! This actually happened to a friend of a friend of mine!
I am beyond thrilled for you <3 now rest up ;-)

chickadee - congrats on the scan! and you are right - I will continue to worry, that's why I said "a bit" more relaxed :)

flagirlie - that;s awesome that you can feel the kicks! My mom keeps asking me if I can feel anything - making me feel like I should, but I really don't. I was shocked to see how active the baby is but not to feel anything.

postal - you are only a week ahead of me, but you can already feel the babies?! I'm jealous ;)

bizzi - congrats!!!! :) it's quite possible that the one embryo split. It it apparently more common with IVF/FET than in "natural" pregnancies. But they should be able to tell you if they are identical or fraternal - were there 2 sacks or 1?

Hello Ladies,

Although I haven't been posting anything I have been reading your posts every few days. I've had my first scan today( 6w2d)
Very happy to announce it went well. Saw the heartbeat. Actually saw two heartbeats. We had only one embryo transferred but I vaguely remember there was a cheeky s** somewhere around that time. I am so shocked to be pregnant with twins...

Congrats!!! :happydance:

Mizuno- we saw two sacks. My doctor said straight away... " You did not follow my orders, did you ... " ;-) So I guess they are fraternal .

After years of unexplained infertility, lots of IUI's and IVF's etc. I did not even think I may get pregnant naturally.

Mizuno- we saw two sacks. My doctor said straight away... " You did not follow my orders, did you ... " ;-) So I guess they are fraternal .

After years of unexplained infertility, lots of IUI's and IVF's etc. I did not even think I may get pregnant naturally.

How amazing is that!

I started thinking I may never get pregnant, and bam, 1 IVF (well after 3 failed IUIs, 3 failed Clomid/TI and many many natural cycles) and I get two... Life always surprises ya!

As not a procrastinator as I am, bought most of the stuff already! Just wanna be ready and now people tease me like - what are we supposed to buy you?? I say diapers, diapers... maybe outfits, books, toys. Truthfully, I bought a bit of everything, so there's plenty more to get, if I need to.

Getting ready to take some prenatal classes soon, so far we only had Multiples class, which totally spooked my poor DH... Me thinking doing the rest by myself! Want to do 3 - Labor Prep, Newborn Care and Breastfeeding!

bizibii, that's phenomenal! I can't believe you actually conceived naturally DURING an IVF cycle. :rofl: That is the craziest story I've heard. Congratulations Mama!!

flagirlie, that's wonderful! Enjoy those flutters. :hugs: you are so on top of things, but i guess you have to be twice as prepared! I haven't bought anything yet except some unnecessary dresses. They were too cute to pass up.

Ahh, girls, I'm back with another question :)
I have developed a yeast infection :blush: TMI ahead, so read at your own discretion :)
My doc told me to use Monistat 3 day and to just insert it a couple of hours after endometrin in the evening. My question is, the next day I still have a lot oily stuff coming out and it in general feels very oily in there. Will this affect absorption of endometrin? I don't want to jeopardize this pregnancy because of a stupid YI. Anyone else been through this?
Also, at which point does the placenta take over hormone production? I saw on line somewhere that it's at 8 weeks, but then other places say 12 weeks. Any idea which is correct?

thanks!

chickadee - congrats on the scan! and you are right - I will continue to worry, that's why I said "a bit" more relaxed :)

flagirlie - that;s awesome that you can feel the kicks! My mom keeps asking me if I can feel anything - making me feel like I should, but I really don't. I was shocked to see how active the baby is but not to feel anything.

postal - you are only a week ahead of me, but you can already feel the babies?! I'm jealous ;)

bizzi - congrats!!!! :) it's quite possible that the one embryo split. It it apparently more common with IVF/FET than in "natural" pregnancies. But they should be able to tell you if they are identical or fraternal - were there 2 sacks or 1?

Mizuno - I don't think I really felt flutters until maybe 17 weeks? I can't quite remember, but I felt it was late... And even then I don't think I felt major kicks until at least 20 weeks. I do have an anterior placenta so maybe that's why? Now that she's running out of "womb" I feel her so much more! And I have been fortunate as far as yeast infections go, but I did stop my Crinone at 8 weeks - both my RE and regular OB told me to....

Ahh, girls, I'm back with another question :)
I have developed a yeast infection :blush: TMI ahead, so read at your own discretion :)
My doc told me to use Monistat 3 day and to just insert it a couple of hours after endometrin in the evening. My question is, the next day I still have a lot oily stuff coming out and it in general feels very oily in there. Will this affect absorption of endometrin? I don't want to jeopardize this pregnancy because of a stupid YI. Anyone else been through this?
Also, at which point does the placenta take over hormone production? I saw on line somewhere that it's at 8 weeks, but then other places say 12 weeks. Any idea which is correct?

thanks!

oh girl, i feel your pain! I had some itchy infection from the endometrin, too. I was told that 9 weeks, your placenta takes over. I only took my progesterone till then the last pregnancy. This time because of all my crazy bleeding I took it until 12 weeks. Good luck!

Mizuno, eat lots of good yogurt. The bacteria in it fights yeast infection. Make sure it says live culture.

I'm out with DH right now and am on my phone. I don't have time to respond to everything right now, but I thought I'd chime in on mizunos question. I got a yeast infection early on in my pregnancy (probably around 6 or 7 weeks?). My doctor recommended Monistat 3, too. I used the suppository version instead of the cream and found that I didn't get too much mess from that. I put it in before going to sleep and showered in the morning. My doctor said that the monistat is completely safe in pregnancy - we can't take the oral medications though. I stopped my crinone when the yeast infection started and was told to continue with my PIO injections, which I continued until 10 weeks. Sorry that I don't have any info to offer regarding the absorption of the endometrin. Perhaps your doctor can let you know for sure. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Oh yeah - I also took probiotic pills at the time for the good bacteria.

Heya girls - hope you are all doing well?
Please feel free to pop by my new thread - sorry ive not got to post this for awhile :hugs: xx

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/2139915-fet-ivf-april-july-2014-a-4.html

Just want to say quick hi to everyone before I try to catch up. See my siggy- tiny bit pregnant!

I am glad to report after many flutters throughout weeks, I think we are finally there, at the kicking motion stage. Started on Monday, when my DH was putting baby dresser together and I was laying in bed. Like small nerve or muscle twitches, had to google it to make sure it's a possibility. Baby girl is on the left side and have been feeling her on and off since, mostly when in bed or sitting down. He has not been active all that much, but I know they both woke up last night when I went potty. When I laid down, DH touched boy side and bam! He did feel tiny girl movement before, but this one made him jump, haha.
Congratulations on feeling your first kicks! I haven't felt anything yet :(

Wow - this is amazing! I guess your IVF followed your natural cycle then?

thanks!
I was told it had fully taken over by 12 weeks, but I am not sure when it starts to take over. I was kept on progesterone until 12 weeks.

Hope you ladies are all doing ok :flower:

Not too much to report here - i'm on a 2 week break from work now so looking to get my house sorted out to sell. I do have my 20 week scan in just over a week though so I am trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of it :blush:

I really want to start feeling some kind of movement though :dohh:

bizibii, that's phenomenal! I can't believe you actually conceived naturally DURING an IVF cycle. :rofl: That is the craziest story I've heard. Congratulations Mama!!

I know it's strange but it makes sense. We were doing FET'a and at my clinic they do it the natural ( ish) way. You start at CD10. They do ultrasounds until the lead follie is the right size, then you use trigger and six days later you go in for a transfer , so apart from the trigger there is no other drugs. So i did ovulate during that cycle. `I was preparing myself for another failure. It never even crossed my mind that I may be successful with the transfer AND at the same time get pregnant " the normal way " .

LUCIOLA - congrats:happydance:

I am glad to report after many flutters throughout weeks, I think we are finally there, at the kicking motion stage. Started on Monday, when my DH was putting baby dresser together and I was laying in bed. Like small nerve or muscle twitches, had to google it to make sure it's a possibility. Baby girl is on the left side and have been feeling her on and off since, mostly when in bed or sitting down. He has not been active all that much, but I know they both woke up last night when I went potty. When I laid down, DH touched boy side and bam! He did feel tiny girl movement before, but this one made him jump, haha.
Congratulations on feeling your first kicks! I haven't felt anything yet :(

Wow - this is amazing! I guess your IVF followed your natural cycle then?

thanks!
I was told it had fully taken over by 12 weeks, but I am not sure when it starts to take over. I was kept on progesterone until 12 weeks.

Hope you ladies are all doing ok :flower:

Not too much to report here - i'm on a 2 week break from work now so looking to get my house sorted out to sell. I do have my 20 week scan in just over a week though so I am trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of it :blush:

I really want to start feeling some kind of movement though :dohh:

Serenyx - hopefully your week just flies by! :hugs: I remember that wait - ugh.
I was late in feeling movement too... Just know it will happen! Do you have an anterior placenta?? :flower:

Serenyx - hopefully your week just flies by! :hugs: I remember that wait - ugh.
I was late in feeling movement too... Just know it will happen! Do you have an anterior placenta?? :flower:
I'm not sure what type of placenta I have at the moment. At my 17 week scan I did ask the consultant and he said I had some at the front and some at the back (not entirely sure how that happens! I assume it wraps round from front to back along the side or the top :shrug: ).

I saw my midwife last week and she wasn't bothered though, she isn't convinced that people who feel it early are actually feeling the baby, she thinks it is most likely gas they feel :blush:

Mind you, bubba was very quiet in all the scans I have had so far - virtually no movement - so now i'm worried something is wrong :dohh: Google is our worst enemy!

How are you doing? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->