IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Luciola - so happy to see you here! congrats! Those numbers look really good!

Thanks to everyone for your input on my YI problem. I took monistat and am feeling much better. It helps to see that some of you were taken off progesterone by 8-10 weeks, so I guess it's not that important to get all that progrsterone in there at this point.

Having kind of a tough night.... Suddenly feel HUGE. I'm so tired of wearing long pants, sweaters, socks and shoes or boots. I just want spring and dresses and flip flops :cry:

Also, I officially can't see my lady bits for personal grooming.... I actually CUT myself shaving tonight :blush: the horrible part was that I COULDNT EVEN SEE WHERE so I had to have my husband look :nope:

I love being pregnant, and I am so blessed that I have made it this far, but I am still having a tiny pity party tonight :sad2:

Hi, Plex! :hugs:

Just want to say quick hi to everyone before I try to catch up. See my siggy- tiny bit pregnant!

Congrats!!!! :happydance:

I am glad to report after many flutters throughout weeks, I think we are finally there, at the kicking motion stage. Started on Monday, when my DH was putting baby dresser together and I was laying in bed. Like small nerve or muscle twitches, had to google it to make sure it's a possibility. Baby girl is on the left side and have been feeling her on and off since, mostly when in bed or sitting down. He has not been active all that much, but I know they both woke up last night when I went potty. When I laid down, DH touched boy side and bam! He did feel tiny girl movement before, but this one made him jump, haha.
Congratulations on feeling your first kicks! I haven't felt anything yet :(

Mizuno- we saw two sacks. My doctor said straight away... " You did not follow my orders, did you ... " ;-) So I guess they are fraternal .

After years of unexplained infertility, lots of IUI's and IVF's etc. I did not even think I may get pregnant naturally.
Wow - this is amazing! I guess your IVF followed your natural cycle then?

Also, at which point does the placenta take over hormone production? I saw on line somewhere that it's at 8 weeks, but then other places say 12 weeks. Any idea which is correct?

thanks!
I was told it had fully taken over by 12 weeks, but I am not sure when it starts to take over. I was kept on progesterone until 12 weeks.

Hope you ladies are all doing ok :flower:

Not too much to report here - i'm on a 2 week break from work now so looking to get my house sorted out to sell. I do have my 20 week scan in just over a week though so I am trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of it :blush:

I really want to start feeling some kind of movement though :dohh:

You'll feel it soon. Hang in there. :hugs:

Having kind of a tough night.... Suddenly feel HUGE. I'm so tired of wearing long pants, sweaters, socks and shoes or boots. I just want spring and dresses and flip flops :cry:

Also, I officially can't see my lady bits for personal grooming.... I actually CUT myself shaving tonight :blush: the horrible part was that I COULDNT EVEN SEE WHERE so I had to have my husband look :nope:

I love being pregnant, and I am so blessed that I have made it this far, but I am still having a tiny pity party tonight :sad2:

I feel huge, too. I realized yesterday that I can no longer see that area, either. :blush: I'm currently debating between asking DH to help with the grooming or going in for a wax (I haven't in for a wax for almost a year, so I know that that option will HURT :dohh:).

I feel like my legs and ankles are now retaining a little bit of water. No cankles yet, but I'm not too keen on wearing shorts. I think I want to get some dresses, though.

My mom asked me yesterday if I mind being pregnant. I know that she said that she hated being pregnant the 3 times she went through it. Honestly, I've been relatively lucky in the "symptom department," so I'm actually enjoying this pregnancy. Perhaps the long wait and all of the trials that we went through to get here have something to do with it. I just can't wait for our LO to get here.

Has anyone started thinking about names yet?

Luciola I'm so happy for you! !

Chickadee, I realized last night that my visual on my lady parts is at a minimum. I have to look to either side of my belly to catch a glimpse. I'm so big already! I will be 12 weeks on Wednesday. I look twice that. I think my uterus is up higher than most people say theirs is. I know for sure I'm feeling the LOs. The car rides seen to get the right one going. The movements are getting stronger every day. Most sites day is not posdible, but I know I felt it really with my last set of twins, also I've always been very sensitive to every thing in my body. Some women just are. I'll play with my Dr next week. . I'll look away and tell him when I feel them moving while he watches the sonogram. Last time he thought there was no way I could feel it but after playing that game he knew it was real too. To the ladies still not feeling it. .. you may be feeling it but don't know what it feels like, or you may not be as sensitive, either way, it will happen and when it does it may startle you. Lol. It's wonderful. I can't wait to hear about your first movements that you feel. Hugs to all. . Cuz I've just been feeling so darn mushy! Lol

Luciola, hello and congrats!!! Great to see you here.

Serenyx, I wouldn't worry for another month or so. I felt it in my 1st pregnancy early but just flutters. With this pregnancy, I didn't feel much until 18 weeks but they were strong from the beginning and the baby wouldn't stop moving once she started.:haha:

Chickadeedee, I went through a phase where I felt so unattractive last pregnancy I actually started thinking DH might cheat on me! :growlmad: Same this time, I actually feel much fatter this time around even though I've gained less weight. I think mainly because I gained it all over and not just my tummy. I do keep in mind though that this is the time I can treat myself a little bit and indulge and be lazy. I got a bikini wax for the first time in 7 months and man that hurt! :rofl: The thing that always helps me is a pedicure, it lifts up mood right away when I get one.

it's been really quiet here lately...

chickadeedee and disney, I'm not looking forward getting to a point where self-grooming becomes an issue :) I would not get a wax (had it before, awful experience) and DH already said that he refuses to help out there :winkwink: Can't blame him :)
Postal, I'm still in awe of how much faster you are showing with twins than me with my single baby. Here is a pic from this morning, 11 weeks. I don't see any difference at all from before the pregnancy (other than bloating). I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts :)

So, I've finally been sent to a regular obgyn (appointment tomorrow) :happydance: and to celebrate, DH and are spending the weekend in your lovely country - a beautiful B&B in the Finger Lakes region (upstate NY)- so I will be off this thread for a few days. Looking forward to catching up on how everyone's doing when I get back!

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2
it's been really quiet here lately...

chickadeedee and disney, I'm not looking forward getting to a point where self-grooming becomes an issue :) I would not get a wax (had it before, awful experience) and DH already said that he refuses to help out there :winkwink: Can't blame him :)
Postal, I'm still in awe of how much faster you are showing with twins than me with my single baby. Here is a pic from this morning, 11 weeks. I don't see any difference at all from before the pregnancy (other than bloating). I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts :)

So, I've finally been sent to a regular obgyn (appointment tomorrow) :happydance: and to celebrate, DH and are spending the weekend in your lovely country - a beautiful B&B in the Finger Lakes region (upstate NY)- so I will be off this thread for a few days. Looking forward to catching up on how everyone's doing when I get back!

You look great! :thumbup: Congrats on graduating to your OB! I hope you have a wonderful time in NY!!

I've reached the point where back pain is now felt on a daily basis, and I sometimes feel soreness in my legs. I feel like my bump is huge but really have no idea if I'm measuring normally (I assume everything is normal). I go in for my next appointment on Monday, so I'm sure my doctor will tell me if my bump size and weight gain (currently ~20 lbs now) is on track for being in the 29th week. I ate a few too many treats last weekend. :dohh::haha:

Mizuno - you look amazing!

It has been quiet.... Hope everyone is doing ok!

I'm trying not to worry so much about the weight. At this point, it is what it is... Not much I can do about it now. I really don't feel like I eat a lot of junk. I still exercise every day. I think everyone just has different experiences.
Sleep is becoming more and more difficult. And my ankles are a little swollen on the inside part. The stretch marks I thought I had were actually just marks from me scratching my belly so as of 29 weeks, no stretch marks yet!
I go to my OB for a checkup on the 21st... Another ultrasound on May 1st!

Hey, all, quiet here too! Besides more kicks now (yay! and from both now), and trying to eat healthy, plus some walking, all good. Back has been hurting forever, also under my boob, below rib cage, but that's like since 14-15 weeks. Oh well, three more months! Put on around 24 lbs. Ultrasound and GD check up next week!

When I got out of the shower I noticed something on my nipple. So I squeezed. BIG MISTAKE!! You guys, MILK CAME OUT! So to be fair, I squeezed the other one. Yup, ditto! Grossed me out, then grossed my husband out. At least now I know that they "work". Kind of had an irrational fear that I wouldn't get any milk in for some reason. I'm honestly hoping at this point they don't start randomly leaking all the time! :shock::holly:

Chickadeedee - Thanks for the warning not to do that. Please forgive me for laughing briefly when I read your post. :flower: I've been carrying breast pads in my purse just in case I start randomly leaking one day.

Flagirlie - Sounds like things are going well with you. :thumbup:

Haha forgot to add I have not been able to see my lady parts for quite some time! Pic did some trimming the other day standing in front of the mirror, lol. Still not sure how it looks.

LOL - I have an appointment on Monday to help with the maintenance. :dohh:

I just ordered a folding stool for the shower from Amazon so that can shave my legs without tipping over. :haha:

My LO was moving a lot today. My bump kept changing shape throughout the day.

Disney I bought one of those stools too! And I realized that I can no longer see my feet hahaha

Disney the stool sounds like a fan idea....dh has been making fun of me lately cause in having trouble shaving:/
Chickadee I have to admit your post made me laugh :/

Thanks :hugs: I finally think I may have started feeling something, it's not much and not often but it could well be bubba :happydance:

We had a quick discussion a few weeks ago, but we haven't brought it up since. I think my DH wants to find out the gender at our anomoly scan so we may discuss it a bit more after that. We tend to like different type of names though so we will have to compromise :) Have you decided on your name yet?

Serenyx, I wouldn't worry for another month or so. I felt it in my 1st pregnancy early but just flutters. With this pregnancy, I didn't feel much until 18 weeks but they were strong from the beginning and the baby wouldn't stop moving once she started.:haha:
I think I have finally started feeling something now that I am 20 weeks, it is still incredibly low down though? I thought my uterus was supposed to be higher by this point?

I tend to feel something after dinner, aprox 20:30 - 21:00 and have done for the past few nights so I am hoping it may be bubba :)

When I got out of the shower I noticed something on my nipple. So I squeezed. BIG MISTAKE!! You guys, MILK CAME OUT! So to be fair, I squeezed the other one. Yup, ditto! Grossed me out, then grossed my husband out. At least now I know that they "work". Kind of had an irrational fear that I wouldn't get any milk in for some reason. I'm honestly hoping at this point they don't start randomly leaking all the time! :shock::holly:
ROFL! :haha: Sorry but that did make me laugh :D

I fell asleep one afternoon with my t-shirt on and when I woke up my DH pointed out that I had been leaking :o I was a bit shocked, I haven't leaked since that episode though :)

Thanks :hugs: I finally think I may have started feeling something, it's not much and not often but it could well be bubba :happydance:

We had a quick discussion a few weeks ago, but we haven't brought it up since. I think my DH wants to find out the gender at our anomoly scan so we may discuss it a bit more after that. We tend to like different type of names though so we will have to compromise :) Have you decided on your name yet?

That's awesome! When I first started feeling movements, I think I remember it being down low, and it wasn't always obvious. It will get stronger as the days and weeks progress. :thumbup:

We've had a name picked out since before our transfer. I don't know why we keep telling people that we don't have one yet -- for whatever reason, we've only told family and a handful of close friends. Our little girl's name is Audrey. :kiss:

Car seat installation question: I have leather seats in my current car... When I have my nephews (3 &. 5), I put a towel down under their car seats to make sure the seat isn't damaged and such. But they are "bigger kid" seats... Wondering if any of you know if it's ok to put a towel down under an infant seat base or is this an absolute no-no? I'm getting a brand new car in a few weeks and my husband is too.... So again I'd like to "save" the leather from stains/rips/etc if possible. But, obviously baby's safety is #1 priority!

Disney - I absolutely love the name Audrey!

We still haven't gotten any further with names.. Although DH did say he liked the name Natalie the other night, and that name is already on my list so who knows!?

Serenyx - my movement is quite often down low and I'm going on 30 weeks - I think it's because she is still head up so she kicks down there a lot. I really don't mind as I'm not looking forward to having her little feet stabbing me in the ribs all the time!

Car seat installation question: I have leather seats in my current car... When I have my nephews (3 &. 5), I put a towel down under their car seats to make sure the seat isn't damaged and such. But they are "bigger kid" seats... Wondering if any of you know if it's ok to put a towel down under an infant seat base or is this an absolute no-no? I'm getting a brand new car in a few weeks and my husband is too.... So again I'd like to "save" the leather from stains/rips/etc if possible. But, obviously baby's safety is #1 priority!

Disney - I absolutely love the name Audrey!

We still haven't gotten any further with names.. Although DH did say he liked the name Natalie the other night, and that name is already on my list so who knows!?

Serenyx - my movement is quite often down low and I'm going on 30 weeks - I think it's because she is still head up so she kicks down there a lot. I really don't mind as I'm not looking forward to having her little feet stabbing me in the ribs all the time!

I've been wondering the same thing about the car seats, too. They sell seat protectors like this one (I've seen them in gray and black), but I've read mixed comments on whether or not you should use them due to possibly making the seats less safe. :shrug:

Natalie is a great name!! :thumbup:

I think my LO switches between lying sideways and being head down. I really have no idea, but I base that on where I often feel hiccups and movements. I suspect that she's facing my spine because I think I'm feeling various movements rather than any painful kicks, but again, I'm really not sure. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->