IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

That's awesome! When I first started feeling movements, I think I remember it being down low, and it wasn't always obvious. It will get stronger as the days and weeks progress. :thumbup:

We've had a name picked out since before our transfer. I don't know why we keep telling people that we don't have one yet -- for whatever reason, we've only told family and a handful of close friends. Our little girl's name is Audrey. :kiss:
I hope it does get stronger soon :) DH wants to feel too but I know that wont happen for another couple of months! Have you been able to feel kicks from the outside yet?

We have our anomaly scan tomorrow :wacko: I've been keeping myself busy so I haven't had time to worry about it :haha:

Audrey is a lovely name :hugs: Even when we decide on a name we will most likely not confirm it with people :blush: I might tell them a few of the names we are considering but not which one we have actually chosen :)

We still haven't gotten any further with names.. Although DH did say he liked the name Natalie the other night, and that name is already on my list so who knows!?

Serenyx - my movement is quite often down low and I'm going on 30 weeks - I think it's because she is still head up so she kicks down there a lot. I really don't mind as I'm not looking forward to having her little feet stabbing me in the ribs all the time!
Natalie is a nice name too :) I quite like Natalia but I have a cousin called Natasha so I think it is too similar. I came up with my own list and then asked DH if he liked any of them, most he vetoed, some he said were 'ok' and a couple he liked, but no doubt he will have changed his mind by now :haha:

It's good to hear other people have kicks low down too, it makes me think what I am feeling is hopefully some movement then. Whenever you read about it they stress that your uterus should be up near your belly button by 20 weeks but they don't mention how low down you might feel kicks.

Serenyx - I believe that your uterus is down by your pubic bone ALL THE WAY UP past your belly button....so no need to worry! My DH felt his outside kicks a week or so ago? Probably would have been sooner but it seems every time I put his hand on my stomach she stops moving. No joke! I see kicks and rolls from the outside quite a bit now - mostly when I'm resting my iPad on my belly all the sudden she'll kick and my iPad will bounce! I find I feel and see the best movement when I'm propped up in bed or on the couch slightly reclined...

Serenyx, yay for movements! Uterus can be low still. LO is always dancing on my bladder.:growlmad:

Chickadeedee, I just used a liner. Not exactly this one but close enough:

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Horn-194...&qid=1397443191&sr=8-1&keywords=toolbox+liner

Serenyx. - DH started feeling "something" maybe 3 weeks or so after I first started feeling movements. He always said that he couldn't tell if it was my stomach doing something or the baby, but I felt the movements and knew it was her. He could definitely feel her around 20-21 weeks (though not very of teen as she always stops moving when he puts his hand on my belly). About a month later or so, we could see the movements from the outside. So cool but yet a little creepy at times. :haha: I'm excited about you getting there soon! :thumbup:

Well we had our anomaly scan this morning :) I was rather nervous but all went well! According to the sonographer all of the measurements were within the normal range and nothing untoward was seen.

Bubba wasn't being terribly co-operative so I had to go and have a quick walk and then roll over on my side so they could get all of the measurements they needed. Bubba also kept their hand in front of their face the whole time :haha:

At the end we asked about gender but the sonographer hadn't checked, so she had a quick look for us and was 95% sure she is a little girl :cloud9:

My placenta is fundal and bubba's position is cephalic so what I have been feeling may be punches, with kicks being absorbed by the placenta :)

Time to think of some names now :pink:

Well we had our anomaly scan this morning :) I was rather nervous but all went well! According to the sonographer all of the measurements were within the normal range and nothing untoward was seen.

Bubba wasn't being terribly co-operative so I had to go and have a quick walk and then roll over on my side so they could get all of the measurements they needed. Bubba also kept their hand in front of their face the whole time :haha:

At the end we asked about gender but the sonographer hadn't checked, so she had a quick look for us and was 95% sure she is a little girl :cloud9:

My placenta is fundal and bubba's position is cephalic so what I have been feeling may be punches, with kicks being absorbed by the placenta :)

Wonderful news!! :happydance: My LO was in the cephalic position during our scan, too.

I went in for my regular 4 week check-up yesterday. The next appointment is in 4 weeks, then in 2, and then weekly after that. The office ran out of the whooping cough/tetanus vaccine, so I have that to look forward to next time (goody :dohh:). The baby is doing well - heart rate is in the 150s, and my bump is measuring 30 weeks. My doctor said that's right where it ought to be for 29.5 weeks. Her records say I've gained 18 lbs so far, so she says that's good, too. :thumbup: Oh, and she says that she's pretty sure that LO is head down (though I suspected that before I asked the question).

I went for a wax yesterday. Ouch!! Painful, but one less thing to "worry" about now. :haha:

I hope you ladies are all doing well. :hugs:

wow, i'm so jealous of all you guys feeling your baby's kicks. I think this is what people talk about when they say that pregnancy is fun. For me it's all constipation/gas pain and occasional barfing :)
Serenyx, congrats on the scan! Glad all went well.

AFM, so much happened during the past few days - I had my first appointment with my obgyn (didn't like her, so I might look into someone else), went on a mini vacation with DH, told my boss about the pregnancy (only because I have to go on a business trip in May and I wanted to make sure they know my situation, and hopefully take it easy on me :)) and my mom and DH told pretty much every one, despite my protests.

But I have a question about travel for you girls who are further along or have other children. DH and I planning to go to Europe in June. I will be 20-22 weeks along at that time. The doc said it's fine to fly, but I'm worried. I'm not sure exactly what about when it comes to flying specifically (pressure changes in the cabin? anxiety?) and also about being in a non-English-speaking country (Italy) (in case of an emergency, figuring out what's safe to eat what isn't, food preparation cleanliness). Have any of you gone on a baby moon overseas? I need some positive and encouraging stories :) I really want to go on this vacation, but if I'll just stress about it the whole time, it's not worth it.

wow, i'm so jealous of all you guys feeling your baby's kicks. I think this is what people talk about when they say that pregnancy is fun. For me it's all constipation/gas pain and occasional barfing :)

AFM, so much happened during the past few days - I had my first appointment with my obgyn (didn't like her, so I might look into someone else), went on a mini vacation with DH, told my boss about the pregnancy (only because I have to go on a business trip in May and I wanted to make sure they know my situation, and hopefully take it easy on me :)) and my mom and DH told pretty much every one, despite my protests.

But I have a question about travel for you girls who are further along or have other children. DH and I planning to go to Europe in June. I will be 20-22 weeks along at that time. The doc said it's fine to fly, but I'm worried. I'm not sure exactly what about when it comes to flying specifically (pressure changes in the cabin? anxiety?) and also about being in a non-English-speaking country (Italy) (in case of an emergency, figuring out what's safe to eat what isn't, food preparation cleanliness). Have any of you gone on a baby moon overseas? I need some positive and encouraging stories :) I really want to go on this vacation, but if I'll just stress about it the whole time, it's not worth it.

Mizuno, not sure whether pregnancy is ever fun with twins, but surely my second tri is much better in many ways! Baby kicks, no nausea, can eat much more now, no gagging, no napping needed - lots more energy... Do have other physical issues, such as dealing with GD (but that might have helped my tummy issues too), feeling uncomfortable - back pain and front pain...

As far as travel, since I am a high risk pregnancy, I decided not to go oversees last Xmas (I was 9-10 weeks) but I think with normal pregnancy it's usually fine, subject to doc approval. Overseas travel might pose certain challenges - such as long periods of sitting, leading to blood clots in your legs, maybe not enough food or water around to drink, etc.

Mizuno - I felt great my 2nd tri (honestly still do except for some minor stuff)! As far as flying - they say to just get an aisle seat so it's easier to move around , make sure you move around every hour or so, maybe invest in those Teds compression socks?
I have a friend that went to Italy recently and she was maybe 17 weeks?
I wouldn't stress about the country being foreign....they speak a lot more English than we give them credit for! I'd just learn some key words like hospital, baby/pregnant and emergency :blush:
If my husband had been willing to travel, I would have totally gone on vacation!

Serenyx - yay for a little girl!!! :cloud9:

Mizuno. Your so lucky! ! Go take your vacation and try not to stress. You'll be glad you did! My mom traveled even in her 3rd tri. To Costa Rica. She never had a problem.

Flagirlie7, are you miserable? How are the twins? I saw the cutest onesies for boy girl twins. On the front of one it says Almond Joy, the other says Mounds. On the back of them. . One says Almond Joys got nuts. the other says Mounds dont. Lol

AFM.. I made it to my 2nd trimester! ! Yeah! ! I had my NT scan on Monday. All went well. The twins are measuring perfect. They are almost identical in size! Baby B was moving all around and was so active! ! It was turning and thrashing kicking and waving. All while baby A slept sucking is thumb! ! B would kick A like saying wake up! We're getting our pic taken! Then the sonogram tech jiggled my belly and woke A up. A took the thumb out of its mouth and looked like it started crying and having a temper tantrum! Then it would go back to sucking the thumb. So once A was good and awake, B decided it was nap time again. Lol. It was amazing and so precious. I have been in awe ever since. I'll post the thumb sucking pic. I saw another dr. I have to see them all and there's like 6. I didn't care for her as much. I told her. . I feel like my old c section scar tissue is ripping some days , she said .. oh it is. I was like great. I get random pains mostly the ripping scar tissue and round ligament pain. My lower back send wider already and hurts. BB's are now itchy , belly too.hands and feet tend to swell and get puffy. Moody.. Holy cow. I'm moody. I cry at anything related to Daddys. And i can start yelling over everything at every driver on the road using words i shall not tell you. Lol. I'm usually so bubbly and always smiling. Maybe going to the bathroom 4-6 times a night is partially to blame. Plus were moving in 6 weeks and my job had not been working me enough. So preparing for the babies and keeping up with bills has become impossible. So depressed. I really don't want to go back to work after I have the twins. That's not looking realistic right now. I really need to hit the lotto.. But I need a dollar to pay first. Lol

Here's the new sonogram. Baby A has the thumb in mouth. B was moving all around so the white specks are the arms and legs.

Attachments

• 2014-04-16 19.46.28.jpg
    2014-04-16 19.46.28.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2014-04-16 19.47.58.jpg
    2014-04-16 19.47.58.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1
I went in for my regular 4 week check-up yesterday. The next appointment is in 4 weeks, then in 2, and then weekly after that. The office ran out of the whooping cough/tetanus vaccine, so I have that to look forward to next time (goody :dohh:). The baby is doing well - heart rate is in the 150s, and my bump is measuring 30 weeks. My doctor said that's right where it ought to be for 29.5 weeks. Her records say I've gained 18 lbs so far, so she says that's good, too. :thumbup: Oh, and she says that she's pretty sure that LO is head down (though I suspected that before I asked the question).

I went for a wax yesterday. Ouch!! Painful, but one less thing to "worry" about now. :haha:

I hope you ladies are all doing well. :hugs:
Glad to hear you are doing well :hugs: You appt. regime sounds similar to mine :)

Ouch re. the waxing! You are a braver lady than I to have it done during pregnancy! I normally epilate which is actually just as painful :haha:

Apparently the second trimester is the best time to fly :flower: Italy is a lovely country and they mostly speak very good English :) I would however translate a few phrases and print them out to take with you just incase you need to go into hospital for any reason. Are you on medication? When I was undergoing IVF my clinic gave me a credit card sized card which detailed my medication on, maybe you could produce something similar? (i.e. if you are RH-). Otherwise just enjoy it! You will have a lovely time!

Serenyx - yay for a little girl!!! :cloud9:
We are happy :cloud9: I still joke that my DH simply doesn't produce boys :haha:

AFM.. I made it to my 2nd trimester! ! Yeah! ! I had my NT scan on Monday. All went well. The twins are measuring perfect. They are almost identical in size! Baby B was moving all around and was so active! ! It was turning and thrashing kicking and waving. All while baby A slept sucking is thumb! ! B would kick A like saying wake up! We're getting our pic taken! Then the sonogram tech jiggled my belly and woke A up. A took the thumb out of its mouth and looked like it started crying and having a temper tantrum! Then it would go back to sucking the thumb. So once A was good and awake, B decided it was nap time again. Lol. It was amazing and so precious. I have been in awe ever since. I'll post the thumb sucking pic. I saw another dr. I have to see them all and there's like 6. I didn't care for her as much. I told her. . I feel like my old c section scar tissue is ripping some days , she said .. oh it is. I was like great. I get random pains mostly the ripping scar tissue and round ligament pain. My lower back send wider already and hurts. BB's are now itchy , belly too.hands and feet tend to swell and get puffy. Moody.. Holy cow. I'm moody. I cry at anything related to Daddys. And i can start yelling over everything at every driver on the road using words i shall not tell you. Lol. I'm usually so bubbly and always smiling. Maybe going to the bathroom 4-6 times a night is partially to blame. Plus were moving in 6 weeks and my job had not been working me enough. So preparing for the babies and keeping up with bills has become impossible. So depressed. I really don't want to go back to work after I have the twins. That's not looking realistic right now. I really need to hit the lotto.. But I need a dollar to pay first. Lol
Glad you had a good NT scan, it sounds like the babies are developing their own personalities already :hugs:

I guess we have all been there with the moodiness, just blame the hormones :hugs: Sorry to hear you are worried about all of the financial implications, I hope the move goes well! We have just put our house on the market :o

thanks for the advice, ladies. We booked our trip and now I can get excited about planning where to go and most importantly what to eat when we get there :)

postal - that is so cute that your baby was sucking her/his thumb! My 12 week scan is next week and I'm pretty excited to see how the baby has grown. And I know what you mean about being emotional. I cried watching American Idol last night, for christ' sake :) I found it so "touching". Needless to say, DH was making fun of me, but I just can't help it.

mizuno, I flew to europe with my first pregnancy when I was 20 weeks, for 2 weeks. It was perfect. I actually wish I was a bit further along b/c ppl kept offering me alcohol there, probably b/c my bump wasn't too big. :haha: It was so relaxing! This time around I'm not sure where to go and it's getting late in the game. :growlmad:

postal, congratulatios on hitting 2nd trimester with 2 healthy ones. So happy for you!

Congrats on the anatomy scan! Yay for the girl, love it, so many of us are having girls.

Mizuno - Europe sounds fabulous! :thumbup:

PostalMom - Adorable pictures!! Congrats on reaching the second trimester! :happydance:

Chickadeedee - 30 weeks!! 10 to go. :happydance:

Oh yeah - guess who had to wear her husband's boxer shorts as "regular" shorts (around the house, of course! :haha:) because she doesn't have any comfy shorts or cropped yoga pants that fit her. :dohh:

Postal - second tri!!!! That's terrific!! :happydance:

Disney - happy 30 weeks!!! "Only" 10 more to go! :hugs:

I finally cleaned out my craft room - vacuumed and mopped the floor, washed the woodwork, washed the baseboard heaters.. So, now I'm officially ready to start setting up the nursery! So exciting but unreal... How did this happen!?!? :haha: I'm going to have a NURSERY in my house!! :wohoo: once it's all put together I'll try and get a picture uploaded here!

Oh yeah - guess who had to wear her husband's boxer shorts as "regular" shorts (around the house, of course! :haha:) because she doesn't have any comfy shorts or cropped yoga pants that fit her. :dohh:

OMG I do the same thing! And my husband's skinny boxers don't fit me either. He lost 20 lbs after we started dating so I have to wear his old boxers.

Postal - second tri!!!! That's terrific!! :happydance:

Disney - happy 30 weeks!!! "Only" 10 more to go! :hugs:

I finally cleaned out my craft room - vacuumed and mopped the floor, washed the woodwork, washed the baseboard heaters.. So, now I'm officially ready to start setting up the nursery! So exciting but unreal... How did this happen!?!? :haha: I'm going to have a NURSERY in my house!! :wohoo: once it's all put together I'll try and get a picture uploaded here!

So jealous! I can't do a nursery until we get a new house. We have no rooms to convert unless I toss my husband out of his office.:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->