IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Disney.. lol... I feel ya.. I put on a postal tee shirt this morning and it hugged my belt to right for comfort. It had the sides stretched so much it made ripples.
Chick, congrats on getting busy with your nursery!
Mizuno I can't wait to see and here about your scans!

Awww nuts!! I think I see a long stretch mark forming along the left side of my bump. :nope:

Just think of it as a battle scar Disney!!!! Only 9.5 weeks to go!

Last night I'm not sure what was going on but my girl has never moved that much EVER. I think she maybe flipped headache down at one point because when I got up to use the bathroom the pressure on my bladder and down below was unreal! And the another time I got up my skin was stretched soooo tight across my stomach and I swear she was poking right out -- you could totally see she was right there!
But today she is right back in her same old spot - sideways cross the top of my uterus :dohh: except I am wicked short of breath today. I'm having trouble keeping up a normal conversation :shrug:
I have a doctors appt at11:15 so I'm anxious to hear what he has to say about her position. Not so anxious to hear about my weight after all the food I ate yesterday :blush:

My doctor said that the baby was head down at my appointment last Monday. I'm not sure if she's trying to rotate but I think the hard thing that is currently pushing out to the left of my ever-shrinking belly button is her head (ouch! :haha:). I have been feeling movements all over the place today, so idk what to think anymore. :shrug:

Disney I hope your lo stays head down. It's so quiet on here.. where did everyone go?

Disney I hope your lo stays head down. It's so quiet on here.. where did everyone go?

Thanks! I think she's still angled downwards, but maybe slightly diagonal. She kicked me HARD right before dinner! :dohh:

I'm still here just don't have anything to post; I'm miserable everyday as I feel so sick most of the time.

Lucinda - I'm so sorry you aren't well!! Have you been able to take anything??

I've been around just not much new here. At 25 weeks pretty uncomfortable. Back and front pain still, laying at home most of the time. Had 24 week u/a and boy managed to get into a breech position. I am having a lot of pressure down there and constant need to pee. I'm pretty big already and have to work in the office at least 1.5 to 2 more months. Yikes. Commute isn't short and seems uncomfortable. That's when I get HB contractions.

Babies weight right where they should, boy finally showed heart and other parts he was hiding before.

First ultrasound today, 7w1d, one bean measures exactly 7w1d with a strong heart beat of 137bpm. I think hubby embarrassed me too much by dancing around in the clinic!

I've been around just not much new here. At 25 weeks pretty uncomfortable. Back and front pain still, laying at home most of the time. Had 24 week u/a and boy managed to get into a breech position. I am having a lot of pressure down there and constant need to pee. I'm pretty big already and have to work in the office at least 1.5 to 2 more months. Yikes. Commute isn't short and seems uncomfortable. That's when I get HB contractions.

Babies weight right where they should, boy finally showed heart and other parts he was hiding before.

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: Have you tried a support belt of some sort for the back and front pain?

First ultrasound today, 7w1d, one bean measures exactly 7w1d with a strong heart beat of 137bpm. I think hubby embarrassed me too much by dancing around in the clinic!

Wonderful news! :happydance:

Congrats, Luciola! Disney, I have a belt, somewhat helps when walking around, problem is I sit most of the day :( oh well.

congrats Luciola! That's great news!

Anyway, I've been lurking here but not posting much. Like Lucinda, in the last 2 weeks morning sickness (or evening sickness, as it is for me) has really turned it up a notch and I've had constant nausea and barfing. After it took me so long to get pregnant, I promised myself that I will not complain, but this is really testing my resolve :)

I had my 12 week (well, 12+6) u/s and everything went well. The baby was very quiet and didn't move much until I turned on my side. Then it just looked like it was annoyed that we disturbed it :) Anyway, the baby is 7.1 cm, HB 142, nuchal thickness 1.8 (not sure what that means yet, I'll find out the risk for DS and other trisomies in 2 weeks when my blood work is ready). I don't have any pics, the hospital charges $30 for pictures! What a rip off, at the fertility clinic they were just giving them away for free. I was so spoiled there :) Anyway, it didn't look much different than 2 weeks ago, so I thought I'd wait till the 20 week scan to get pics.

I finally cleaned out my craft room - vacuumed and mopped the floor, washed the woodwork, washed the baseboard heaters.. So, now I'm officially ready to start setting up the nursery! So exciting but unreal... How did this happen!?!? :haha: I'm going to have a NURSERY in my house!! :wohoo: once it's all put together I'll try and get a picture uploaded here!
Ooooh very nice! We are hoping to move soon (our house goes on the market this weekend :wacko: ) so I am hoping when we get a new house we can have a nursery :flower: I would love to see the photos when you are done!

Awww nuts!! I think I see a long stretch mark forming along the left side of my bump. :nope:
Stretch marks are the bane of pregnancy (but one I will happily live with if it means we get to take our LO home :kiss: ). Have you tried some cream? I have bio oil which I find really greasy but it is supposed to prevent or help minimise the appearance of stretch marks.

That is great news! :hugs:

I was going to recommend a bump belt but I see you already have one :/ They are fairly useful, I picked up a couple the other day as I am on my feet a lot at the moment and I just want to be a bit more comfortable. I also had a bit of pain when moving too quickly (I think I pulled something) so thought it might help.

I had my 12 week (well, 12+6) u/s and everything went well. The baby was very quiet and didn't move much until I turned on my side. Then it just looked like it was annoyed that we disturbed it :) Anyway, the baby is 7.1 cm, HB 142, nuchal thickness 1.8 (not sure what that means yet, I'll find out the risk for DS and other trisomies in 2 weeks when my blood work is ready). I don't have any pics, the hospital charges $30 for pictures! What a rip off, at the fertility clinic they were just giving them away for free. I was so spoiled there :) Anyway, it didn't look much different than 2 weeks ago, so I thought I'd wait till the 20 week scan to get pics.
Glad it all went well at your scan :) 1.8mm at 12+6 seems very good to me so hopefully your results will come back as low risk :hugs:

$30 for pictures! Yikes! Here I pay £3.

Not much going on here, I am back at work now and incredibly busy. We are also sorting our house out and getting it ready to go on the market. I have a midwife appointment next week where I must remember to pick up my Mat1B form and my next hospital consultation is in 3 weeks time :)

Luciola - congrats :)

I have a question to al the twin mums :). When did you start showing ? What was your morning sickness like ? I had my 6 and 8 week scans and all looked great . I lost my morning sickness few days before the second one. It did make me a bit worried but then we saw the heartbeats so I guess it's ok. We have another scan next week and I am looking forward to that but again... I don't feel pregnant and I am not sure what to think :-(. Am I just lucky ? I thought all the symptoms are supposed to be worse with twins. I only had it bad for a week or so...

bizzibee - I'm not having twins, but I had a similar experience - I was feeling a bit nauseous at 8-9 weeks, the it went away. BUT then it came back with a vengeance at about 10-11 weeks and still continues much worse than before. I hope you can relax and enjoy the time without any sickness.

I have a question for all you ladies - what do you think midwife vs obgyn?
My obgyn and I did not click at my last appointment, which then prompted me to look into midwives. My husband is really against them, he sees them as some hippy tree huggers, but I think I might enjoy a bit more personalized care. I'm curios who you decided to go with.

They have midwives and doctors at the practice I go to. So you end up seeing both depending on who's available.

As far as OB vs MW I have no choice really... GD and twins, plus AMA and IVF, lol too much for a MW I suppose...

I was nauseous weeks 8 and 9 I think, too, then kinda better (well besides flu and being at the hospital week 11/12), then bad at like weeks 12-16? I'd say enjoy good days/weeks and do not worry! I started showing around week 8-9? I was pretty bloated before then... was wearing loose clothes to cover, but at some point, bump came up and I told people then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->