IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Chickadee, congrats on the pooping. Wish I could . Lol. My diet the last 2 days had been very poor. Just not wanting to eat much. Maybe it's because I'm blue. Good luck work your scan. Enjoy it.
Dovkav, I'm high risk because I'm 36, twins, history of preterm labor and ivf. I had read that ivf does put you in high risk. I've had 4 scans so far. My next is may 5th, gender scan on the 12th, and then to the high risk Dr for a level 2 scan on the 28th. Amy one know what a level 2 scan is? Hello Google lol

Chickadee, congrats on the pooping. Wish I could . Lol. My diet the last 2 days had been very poor. Just not wanting to eat much. Maybe it's because I'm blue. Good luck work your scan. Enjoy it.
Dovkav, I'm high risk because I'm 36, twins, history of preterm labor and ivf. I had read that ivf does put you in high risk. I've had 4 scans so far. My next is may 5th, gender scan on the 12th, and then to the high risk Dr for a level 2 scan on the 28th. Amy one know what a level 2 scan is? Hello Google lol

Postal, I thought level 2 is more detailed, like anatomy... I get them every 4 weeks, but they call them now growth. Who knows. Do you have any intuition as far as what gender they might be? My intuition was right from first scan at week 6... Just from how they behave. I had like 7 scans so far (6 regular, 1 in the hospital when I was sick).

I am def high risk too! 36, first pregnancy ever, IVF, GD, twins...

I always wanted to know the gender. I want to start making a relationship early on with a little one.
From my teenage days the boy is always on my mind....
My hubby doesn't have opinion about it so far. Maybe it's too early.
On the other hand I'd love to have a suprise on the delivery day. I have had only one suprise in my live BFP, I deserve to have another one. We'll not do a gender scan

Postalmom, I vote for a girl and a boy!

Mizuno, why do you take baby aspirin?
I did to increase my chances.
My dr. told me to quit at 12weeks. I am scared. Maybe I have misdiagnosed bloot clot disorder. It won't be good....
Will you take it till delivery?

My last scan was at 19.5 weeks, and since I'm not considered high risk, I won't be getting any more unless they feel there's something wrong and it's needed. My last Dr. appointment was 3 Mondays ago (I'm still on the every 4 week schedule. After this next one, I go again 2 weeks later, and then I believe it's every week until she comes.

We have birthing class this weekend. DH also wants me to start working on my hospital bag since my aunt and uncle scared him with stories about my cousin being born premature.

My dr. told me to quit at 12weeks. I am scared. Maybe I have misdiagnosed bloot clot disorder. It won't be good....

I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so my doc thought we should try some blood thinners (even thought my blood work came back normal, i have some circulation issues - cold hands and feet, often feel faint, low blood pressure, very light periods), so I was on aspirin and fragmin. I was on fragmin till 12 weeks and will be on aspirin till 16 weeks. Don't know why she picked 16 weeks, it's just what she does. My ob gyn thinks it's unnecessary.

Flagirlie7, I'm hoping for 2 boys but thinking maybe one of each. One is more active than the other. I changed my avatar to my last sonogram. Baby A sucking it's thumb. Keep thinking A is a girl and B is a boy.this is my belly today 15 +1

Attachments

• 20140501_170341.jpg
    20140501_170341.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
Dov congratulations ! Sorry I have been very inactive these days. I started my new job three weeks ago and am absolutely underwater. Your beta number is really good and very similar to mine (mine was 480 on the same day). As for baby aspirin I am taking Cardipirin - a small pill you let melt on your tongue apparently it will minimize the harm to stomach. I will take until late into the pregnancy. Like Mizuno since I was unexplained, we kinda tried everything that could make a difference. I do have the same symptom like Mizuno does though, cold feet, hands, and if I bruise it takes forever to disappear. Besides the aspirin I also inject clexane 20mg per day to be continued until very late. Honestly nothing was diagnosed but I just don't want to take any risk if the problem is on my side.

Postal mom I ll say 2 boys! Haha beautiful bump!

My nausea eased out a lot these days (made me worry!) but I lost appetite. I basically don't want to eat anything except in the morning. I feel really average... And with the work it becomes really hard to excel with all the symptoms. Now I m looking forward cautiously but really impatiently the second tri...

Postal - I love your bump and I am sorry to hear about your work situation . I don't know how you girls do it. I am a pre- school teacher and I have cut down my hours to rest as much as possible so I am down to two/three days a week and that is max. I have no energy for anything and I have to start writing my thesis ( during our TTC journey I have decided to go back to Uni just to take my mind of things.... )

I had my 10 week scan. All looked great . They gave us 3D pictures this time and my DH was so happy. The babies were moving around which was a bizarre thing for me too see. I have the next scan in two weeks time which is for the combination test.

Twin mummies - have you done the combination test or anything to check for the DS? My doctor told me the combo test is tricky when it comes to twins because the blood work is hard to read . what are your experiences and thoughts ?

Also. My new doc told me I am considered high risk simply because I am pregnant with twins and have advised me not to fly at all ( unless it is a must ).

Dovkav, Flagirl, Mizuno, Disney - happy to see your updates :)

Luciola - my MS stopped completely before my 8 week scan .

I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so my doc thought we should try some blood thinners (even thought my blood work came back normal, i have some circulation issues - cold hands and feet, often feel faint, low blood pressure, very light periods), so I was on aspirin and fragmin. I was on fragmin till 12 weeks and will be on aspirin till 16 weeks. Don't know why she picked 16 weeks, it's just what she does. My ob gyn thinks it's unnecessary.

Bingo!!!
Mystery is solved!!!! Circulation problem and infertility...
Only in the hot summer days my circulation is fine. I have no symptoms....Otherwise I have cold feel and hands, my blood pressure on the lower side and sometimes I look pale with blue rings under my eyes. I always wear socks even at night. My thyroid and my iron levels are ok. My cholesterol is on the higher levels. I manage to keep it down with a diet
I'll ask my dr. If I could continue my aspirin till 34 weeks, incase the baby has to be born, cos he'll be just fine in this age.

Bizzibii, my Dr wanted to do the panarama test which is a blood test but said the insurance wouldn't cover it because you can't tell which twin it is coming from. So the end result was that it is not effective for twin pregnancy. I'm having the 3 part blood test with the NT scan. My last blood work Is on Monday.

So today I went to work and after about 20 min of light activity, I started getting dizzy, blurred vision my heart rate jumped up to 115.. normally in the 60s. I Gave a test and tried again but ended up calling the dr. They had me come in. Everything looks fine. Babies are good and active, but now I have to go see a cardiologist. I have irregular heart beats. Have for years. She said I may start being seen every 2 week's due to my preterm labor history. They want to keep am eyes on my cervix. She was going to put me on progesterone injections. .yeah.. lol.. but it hasn't been shown to have an effect on twin pregnancies. so I got lucky there. I do need to start getting massages because I'm getting these back spasms that strap around from my spine thru my rib cage to the front. The only joy I had today was seeing then on the monitor moving and the hearts beating nicely. They have definitely gotten bigger. Their heads are looking more proportional now. So cute.

Postal - I love your bump and I am sorry to hear about your work situation . I don't know how you girls do it. I am a pre- school teacher and I have cut down my hours to rest as much as possible so I am down to two/three days a week and that is max. I have no energy for anything and I have to start writing my thesis ( during our TTC journey I have decided to go back to Uni just to take my mind of things.... )

I had my 10 week scan. All looked great . They gave us 3D pictures this time and my DH was so happy. The babies were moving around which was a bizarre thing for me too see. I have the next scan in two weeks time which is for the combination test.

Twin mummies - have you done the combination test or anything to check for the DS? My doctor told me the combo test is tricky when it comes to twins because the blood work is hard to read . what are your experiences and thoughts ?

Also. My new doc told me I am considered high risk simply because I am pregnant with twins and have advised me not to fly at all ( unless it is a must ).

Dovkav, Flagirl, Mizuno, Disney - happy to see your updates :)

Luciola - my MS stopped completely before my 8 week scan .

We did NT scan at 11 weeks along with blood tests. MFM was suggesting panorama but after my numbers came back looking really good, she said no need.

Thank you ladies,
We are doing the NT scan in two weeks plus the blood test . My insurance fully covers 3 rounds of IVF but won't cover the test because I am "too young" ( I must be 35 y.o or over ) . Quite bizarre in my opinion .

Postal :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Postalmom, cute bump!

I got my 2nd beta done I'ts 12330. Progesteron 27.9 ng/ml
10 days ago it was 521.2, progest 32.8ng/ml

I am 5w5days. We should get our first US next week.
Feeling good about it.
However, I won't calm down till I see a sac and a fetal pole in my uterus.
I had more preg symptoms before, now they are faded away.
My cramping almost gone, headache is gone, stomachache and constipation is gone, vaginal-cervical pain is gone....3 days ago I had the first spell of nausea which lasted for few hours. But fatigue in the afternoon won't go away.
Maybe I am just lucky girl....pfu...pfu..pfu

Aparently my little twins really like Chinese food. They are squirming all around. Lol

I've officially been upgraded to weekly ultrasounds because of my advanced maternal age!! So I get to see my girl again tomorrow!!!! :happydance:

Bingo!!!
Mystery is solved!!!! Circulation problem and infertility...
Only in the hot summer days my circulation is fine. I have no symptoms....Otherwise I have cold feel and hands, my blood pressure on the lower side and sometimes I look pale with blue rings under my eyes. I always wear socks even at night. My thyroid and my iron levels are ok. My cholesterol is on the higher levels. I manage to keep it down with a diet
I'll ask my dr. If I could continue my aspirin till 34 weeks, incase the baby has to be born, cos he'll be just fine in this age.
Well you might be onto something there as I also have circulation problems :dohh:

Hope your scan goes well this week :flower:

I've officially been upgraded to weekly ultrasounds because of my advanced maternal age!! So I get to see my girl again tomorrow!!!! :happydance:
Oh wow! Not long left for you now either :happydance:

I get to see my little one next week for our 25 week scan. She has been rather quiet this past week (we have had a pretty crappy week :cry: ) so hopefully all is ok in there!

I have narrowed my choice of car seat down to two but am still lost on prams :dohh: Mind you I am not planning on buying anything just yet, I will be leaving it as late as possible :(

I get to see my little one next week for our 25 week scan. She has been rather quiet this past week (we have had a pretty crappy week :cry: ) so hopefully all is ok in there!

serenyx, I am sorry you feel this way. I am sure your little one is OK. All your worries will go away, next week.
Best wishes:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->