IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Dovkav, I had ICSI and I'm having twin boys. Those numbers seem so close that I dont see the relevance of the study result. But oh well. Lol. Its a good theory.

Hello ladies... for those that know me, this is Megan.

Postalmom conveyed everyone's wishes, and I was very touched with all the support. I just had to come by and say thank you myself, it means heaps! And I'm also happy to see everyone's progressing well and the pregnancies are on track! For those BFP announcements I might have missed, congratulations and all the prayers and best wishes for a safe and normal pregnancy!!

AFM-
I'm going through the is it / isn't it of the 2WW! And oh it is agonizing! If it wasn't for PostalMom i'd have lost that last bit of sanity I had, lol.

2 embies were transferred on May 14th... Actually we had 3 frozen embies left but one didn't survive the thaw. Out of the remaining two, one had hatched out completely and the RE was very excited about that one. He said its already out and ready to attach soon as we put it in. The other was in its shell, but also a 6-day old blastocyst.

Symptomwise - I did have some pinkish discharge from the night of the transfer and the next day so I am really really hoping that the hatchling did attach. Hard to tell though, the hormones are high dose and my body thinks its pregnant because of all the extra progesterone its getting. Cramping, sore boobs, constipation, glowing face, fatigue, constipation, indigestion... i have every one of those, but they're all inconclusive, lol. I'll start POAS tomorrow, which will be day 6 after 6day transfer, so sounds about right. I know its probably too early, especially if its a singleton, but I can't wait, lol. Beta is on Friday the 23rd. Fingers crossed!

Hi Megan! I'm so glad you're here!! :hugs: Congrats on your transfer, and best of luck with the symptom spotting! I have everything crossed that you will get your BFP this time around! :dust: I got my BFP 6dp5dt, so you never know! :winkwink:

AFM - My feet are super puffy today (well, compared to in the past). I don't think I have any shoes that will fit me when I go into the office tomorrow (I've been working from home where shoes are not required). :dohh::nope:

Megan, all those symptoms are so promising they sound so good I hope and pray they will turn to BFP.

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow. It is a scariest page in all IVF journey. This is it!
I'll ask my dr. to use a transabdominal us cos I don't want any gel in my vagina and chances of infection. I hope we'll get a good view.
The only reason I am doing this us to know if it's a viable pregnancy, my only goal is to know if he is implanted in the right spot.

I did gain some fat on my belly, my pants got tight so I put them away for next year.
I am afraid to go back to my exercise routine, I only walk. I am afraid to orgasm. Am I paranoid? Help!

Megan!! Welcome :hugs: and loads of good luck to you!!!

Dovkav - they may not be able to see much using an abdominal us at this point :wacko: I had MANY vaginal us and never had a problem with infection... Trust your doctors they know what they are doing....

As far as being paranoid - yes, you are - BUT it is perfectly normal!! :hugs: We are all paranoid!!! You certainly can exercise - I would recommend doing what you can while you can!!! I actually ran a bit, walked, swam, used the elliptical, and rode the stationary bike. Now that I'm so big (and tired!!) I mostly just walk.....

The same with sex!!! Trust me!!! Enjoy it while you physically can... I always got cramps after having an orgasm and that is totally normal. As long as your doctor says you are cleared for sex DO IT!!!!! :happydance:

hi Megan! Good luck! 6 days post transfer is a good time to start testing :)

disney - wrapping your feet cabbage! that's hilarious! who comes up with this stuff? Acupuncture and moxibustion I do believe in, though it didn't help me conceive. My acupuncturist really explained the benefits and the theory behind it in Western terms. Being a scientist myself, that really helped me tune in to what he was doing a why.

dovkav - I tried the chinese gender predictor but I got confused as to what the conception date is for me: ER, which was last year, ET which was 4 months ago? Anyway, it was still fun even if I got several different answers. Regarding your u/s, I think they have to do a transvaginal - it's too early to see it with a transabdominal. Really don't worry about it hurting you or the baby. I had several since I got pregnant and it was always fine. If you don't want them to use the gel you can just ask them. At my ivf clinic they put the gel inside the condom and then do it "dry" (which is not pleasant btw). And as for infections, I wouldn't worry. I never got it from transvag u/s, but I did have several yeast infections (tmi, sorry) in the last few months and the treatment is safe.

AFM - nothing new. I can really feel the baby move around now, which is awesome.

Megan - I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you !!!:hugs: :dust:

Dovkav - I also don't think they will do the abdominal scan. When I had my 10w app she tried and could not see much ( so I had the transvag . one) However on my 12W scan the little ones were perfectly visible via tummy one.

To all the other laddies. HELLO, and hope you are all good.

I got the results from my screening test and the numbers are good ( 1:5000 for DS, 1:4000 for TS and 1:4900 for the other ones )

Apart from that I am waiting for my next app in couple of weeks. Have been feeling strange for the last few days. Pulling pains in my tummy, some aches. Read its normal. is it ?

Dovkav you should be safe having an orgasm by now. I was very paranoid. My first couple actually were uncomfortable for me when they ended because I was stretching and growing so fast with twins. I did some research and what I came up with is that it is healthy and good for you and baby. It gets the blood flowing. Yes it gives like a mini contraction. But the blood flow is wonderful for your uterus. As long as your cervix is closed and it should be by now I really wouldn't worry. Hope that helps. Oh and the need to do the transvaginal to see anything. Don't worry sweetie. It's ok. It's all clean stuff.
Bizzibii, oh the joy of twins. .. lol.. I constantly have pains. At 12 weeks you can expect it to get worse. Some are low some will wrap from your spine around your sides to the front. Feel free to message me for any concerns. We can swap messenger info so we can call or chat too. I'm on maternity leave now and try to do as little as possible.

Okay, so I tested this morning.

It didn't show anything so I figured, no harm done its too early anyway. But after 5 minutes, I stared and saw a very faint second line. At one glance you'd say nothing's there but if you look without blinking for a couple of seconds you can see the second line there. DH didn't believe it at first and he must have checked it 5 times himself (I almost jumped on him to tell him, he was still asleep, lol) and he also compared it with a fresh, unused test to see if a line was visible on a fresh one too if you looked hard. When he found the fresh one was stark ivory white, and no lines visible no matter how hard you looked, he believed me.

So ofcourse, it has to get darker, and be confirmed via Beta on Friday. And I will be testing tomorrow as well, and I'll try and post a picture of that test on here.

If it gets darker tomorrow, we're on, because this was an FET cycle so there is no trigger in my system, and they didnt let me ovulate, so HCG has no business being detected at all right now. Can this be real? Gosh I'm afraid to hope!!!

PS: Thank you everyone for all that babydust! It helped!!!!

Megan that's awesome; my first test was a squinter which def got darker. Can't wait to hear your progress ;)

AFM - nothing new. I can really feel the baby move around now, which is awesome.
Ah it's a great feeling isn't it :flower:

Apart from that I am waiting for my next app in couple of weeks. Have been feeling strange for the last few days. Pulling pains in my tummy, some aches. Read its normal. is it ?
Yes, everything is stretching to accommodate the baby so you will feel some pulling pains. Congratulations on your great test results!

I have my first ultrasound tomorrow. It is a scariest page in all IVF journey. This is it!
I'll ask my dr. to use a transabdominal us cos I don't want any gel in my vagina and chances of infection. I hope we'll get a good view.

I am afraid to go back to my exercise routine, I only walk. I am afraid to orgasm. Am I paranoid? Help!
Good luck tomorrow! I had a transvaginal scan at 6+5 and again at 8+5 as they wouldn't have been able to see much on a transabdominal scan. It shouldn't give you an infection though.

I think we are all a little paranoid given the lengths we had to go to in order to get to this stage! Walking is actually very good anyway, I do about an hour a day (not including walking around at work).

Oh I just realised I am down into double digits :D 99 days to go!

Omg, Megan, welcome and good luck! So glad to see ya.

I had my mini office baby shower today, it was fun and perfect. After all my shopping and this, there isn't much left to get. But I am dragging my feet to install car seats and pack a hospital bag. I feel huge, uncomfortable and tired.

Sorry chickadeedee honey I was so tired all day at work today... Didn't get around to posting an update...

Yesterday's test was a squinter that was just barely visible if you looked really hard at a certain angle. I checked again in the evening yesterday and it had gotten darker than the morning, such that it was visible now, though still faint.

I did test today, it was still faint, but it got to the same level as yesterday's test fairly quickly, like in 5 minutes or so. It hasn't darkened like yesterday's test and its hard tell them both apart unless you know which is which... so I am staying optimistic based on the idea that it did develop sooner than the previous one.

I have one more unused test left so I'll be using it tomorrow... hopefully the 3rd one fares better than first two, lol. I called the RE today and spoke to the nurse, I wanted to ask if any of the meds they had given me could result in a false positive... she said no, we haven't introduced hcg in your body at all, so none of the meds could be responsible. And she was like why are you being so impatient, we'll know for sure on Friday anyway... I told her that's right, but I can't wait!!! And she said, believe me, I know what you mean. She said not to worry about it being faint because its only Day 7 so far.

I wish we could skip Thursday and go directly to Friday!!

Well, I'm not sure if this is something to worry about or its just me being impatient - I just tested and sure enough the line came up in about 5 minutes, but it doesn't seem darker than the previous two though...

I AM grateful it hasn't gone lighter or disappeared, but I'm getting annoyed that it won't get darker. I set it down next to the previous two and now all three look almost identical... the progression over 3 days isn't evident yet. They look like they were all done the same day. Today is Day 8 part transfer, is it still too early?

I personally feel that everyone's tests are different. I got a negative at 6dp5dt. Disney got a positive. I feel my embaby just attached late. I didn't test again until well after my positive beta, just so I would have the experience of having one positive test in my life - and even then I don't seem to remember it being super dark..

Are you using FRER? Or a Wondfo?

I wish we could FF to Friday for you too!!!!!

I'm using the First Response tests, the 6 days early ones.

DH checked it and told me they all look the same to him. Its not dark, but its undeniably there. I am worried its an ectopic or chemical... Oh Lord, I hope not. We'll know tomorrow I guess. The good thing is, they usually have the results in 30-45 minutes, and I can wait there for the results if I want, so I'm considering doing that tomorrow morning.

PS - We just tried a different way of comparing the tests. I removed the Day 2 test and compared Day 1 and Day 3 and although its very slight, Day 3 does seem a teensy bit darker than Day 1. Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me, lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->