IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

serenyx-- Do you have a fetal heart doppler? I bought mine early on and it has been a life saver every time I've been worried.

It's great to see that everyone is doing well!

serenyx, don't worry about not feeling the movement too much. But like countrygirl said, you can always get a doppler if you think it will give you a peace of mind.

AFM - got my DS screening results, all good, heard the heartbeat, which put my mind at ease. When I was at the doc's office they weighed me and I think I'm gaining too much weight :( The doc didn't say anything, but when I looked online, I'm over the maximum recommended. I know this seems trivial to obsess over but I just feel so flabby and blah. I think it's time to stop moaning about feeling sick and start exercising! :bodyb:

Serenyx - I agree - the Doppler was a lifesaver!!!! I ordered mine online for like $50.

Mizuno - ugh - weight gain.. It's so hard to control!! I walk and swim for exercise and I find that even though I'm tired, it really makes me feel good about myself! And at 15 weeks your bump probably isn't that big and hard yet so that's frustrating too - I remember feeling like I looked like I just are too much bread rather than looked pregnant!!!

haha! yes, I still just look fat. though the other day I wore a tight dress that really showed my (soft) belly and as I was waiting for the elevator, a lady asked me if I am going to see a midwife that works in that building :) It made me so happy that she didn't assume I was just fat, it made my day :)

serenyx, I am sorry you feel this way. I am sure your little one is OK. All your worries will go away, next week.
Best wishes:hugs:
Thank you Dovkav :hugs:

I won't be happy until I have her here in my arms but I hope that isn't for a good few weeks yet :flower: she started moving a bit after breakfast (she seems to like her food!)

Did you have a scan this week?

serenyx-- Do you have a fetal heart doppler? I bought mine early on and it has been a life saver every time I've been worried.
I do and I have had one for a few years now but it doesn't give me that much comfort so I tend not to use it too often. I think I have only used it 4 or 5 times during this pregnancy :shrug: I did use it yesterday morning though :blush:

serenyx, don't worry about not feeling the movement too much. But like countrygirl said, you can always get a doppler if you think it will give you a peace of mind.
Thanks :) I have one but I don't use it often. I always knew 23 - 27 weeks was going to be a particularly stressful time for me anyway due to my previous experience but it didn't help that other things conspired to happen at the same time to give me a completely crappy week :( Only another 5 days until we see our LO again though :)

AFM - got my DS screening results, all good, heard the heartbeat, which put my mind at ease. When I was at the doc's office they weighed me and I think I'm gaining too much weight :( The doc didn't say anything, but when I looked online, I'm over the maximum recommended. I know this seems trivial to obsess over but I just feel so flabby and blah. I think it's time to stop moaning about feeling sick and start exercising! :bodyb:
Great news about the screening results! Don't worry too much about the weight gain but I know it can be hard. I think I am at the upper end of what is recommended and I walk for about an hour every day :shrug:

At 15 weeks your bump is probably not too noticeable yet which can make you just feel flabby. Hopefully in a few weeks you will get a lovely little bump :)

Serenyx - I agree - the Doppler was a lifesaver!!!! I ordered mine online for like $50.
I can't remember how much mine cost as it was about 3 years ago now but it is a Sonoline B. It works well enough I just don't like using it too often.

How did your scan go? :flower:

Does anyone has an opinion on the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix vs the Maxi Cosi Pebble? I have narrowed the car seat down to these two now just need to pick one! I know the pebble is the updated version and is a little more comfortable but from what I read the older cabriofix is a bit safer :shrug: I am not sure if they were both tested at the same speed though (one review indicates they weren't which will affect the ratings).

Hope everyone else is doing ok :flower:

Walking is my only exercise and my hubby doesn't let me walk fast:(
He is driving a car slower too:)

My weight was optimal before BFP. However, I am really craving for potatoes and butter. I let myself to eat only boiled potatoes and only with organic butter.
Mizuno, reducing carbs will help you to gain a healthy weight. Put more meat on your plate and low carb veggies only, fruit for dessert and you good to go!

Serenyx, I havn't done my scan yet. I feel OK I hope it's a viable pregnancy. If I had an ectopic, I should have some symotoms by bow, right?
My beta is growing well. I'll do my beta on Monday, I think every 10 days is good enough. It is so OK to worry, we'll worry during the baby birth, preschool, kindergarten and we'll worry even he or she is married and have children!
My good family history gives me at ease. All the women never had their u/s, carried baby's to term and had healthy beautiful children. My mother was 33 when she gave a birth to me, if she was oK, I'll be OK too.
Sending all of you girls only the best thoughts, feelings and wishes:flower:

Can I hear my baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope? Is it too early? I am 6w1d. I wonder?

hey ladies,

Ive put 4 kg but it's mainly because all I could eat was carbs...

Looking forward to my 12w appointment next week . I still haven't told my family ... I guess I am still worried I may have a MC

Glad too see you all doing well.

My bump/ bloat... looks like bump when standing up, turns into fat when I sit down :wacko: ( yes I know.. I need to clean the mirror :wink wink: )

Attachments

• 20140509_121554.jpg
    20140509_121554.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5
serenyx, I am sorry you feel this way. I am sure your little one is OK. All your worries will go away, next week.
Best wishes:hugs:
Thank you Dovkav :hugs:

I won't be happy until I have her here in my arms but I hope that isn't for a good few weeks yet :flower: she started moving a bit after breakfast (she seems to like her food!)

Did you have a scan this week?

I do and I have had one for a few years now but it doesn't give me that much comfort so I tend not to use it too often. I think I have only used it 4 or 5 times during this pregnancy :shrug: I did use it yesterday morning though :blush:

Thanks :) I have one but I don't use it often. I always knew 23 - 27 weeks was going to be a particularly stressful time for me anyway due to my previous experience but it didn't help that other things conspired to happen at the same time to give me a completely crappy week :( Only another 5 days until we see our LO again though :)

Great news about the screening results! Don't worry too much about the weight gain but I know it can be hard. I think I am at the upper end of what is recommended and I walk for about an hour every day :shrug:

At 15 weeks your bump is probably not too noticeable yet which can make you just feel flabby. Hopefully in a few weeks you will get a lovely little bump :)

I can't remember how much mine cost as it was about 3 years ago now but it is a Sonoline B. It works well enough I just don't like using it too often.

How did your scan go? :flower:

Does anyone has an opinion on the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix vs the Maxi Cosi Pebble? I have narrowed the car seat down to these two now just need to pick one! I know the pebble is the updated version and is a little more comfortable but from what I read the older cabriofix is a bit safer :shrug: I am not sure if they were both tested at the same speed though (one review indicates they weren't which will affect the ratings).

Hope everyone else is doing ok :flower:

Serenyx - I still worry all the time - in fact I still check for blood when I wipe!! I really think the worrying never goes away.. :hugs: I have just recently started to allow myself to feel like this is actually going to happen! In my wildest dreams I never thought I would be a mom. And I am PETRIFIED!!! :haha:
My scan was terrific!!! It was what they call a biophysical profile which checks the fluids and her movements - she passed with flying colors! She kept sticking her tongue out, practice breathing, waving and then she stuck her whole hand in her mouth!!! So amazing! And she has a tiny bit of hair!!!! :cloud9:
It's so weird because as uncomfortable as I'm getting -- this has been my favorite part of the pregnancy so far - because she is moving ALL THE TIME and I watch my entire belly move :happydance: my husband could feel her have the hiccups the other night... All I said was - if you can feel it from the outside, just imagine what it feels like from the inside :haha:
Only sticky-wicket is that she is still breech :growlmad: I'm trying one of the exercises from spinningbabies.com to see if she'll flip on her own... I have another scan on Thursday the 15th so we'll see if it works!!!

just thought i'd pop my head round to door to say hi and send you all lots of good wishes, im still holding onto hope that i'll be joining you all soon xxx

Bizzibii, what a cute little bump. I love it!

Sorry I haven't been on much, I've been playing with Meagan. She's doing well. She has another transfer next week. I'm so excited for her.
Afm. I'm 16 weeks . I'm having my gender scan on Monday. I can't wait. My swelling feet hands ankles, and face are now swollen when I wake up in the morning. Oh but the best news is that I started my maternity leave as of yesterday. I just can't do it any more.

Serenyx, I havn't done my scan yet. I feel OK I hope it's a viable pregnancy. If I had an ectopic, I should have some symotoms by bow, right?
My beta is growing well. I'll do my beta on Monday, I think every 10 days is good enough. It is so OK to worry, we'll worry during the baby birth, preschool, kindergarten and we'll worry even he or she is married and have children!
My good family history gives me at ease. All the women never had their u/s, carried baby's to term and had healthy beautiful children. My mother was 33 when she gave a birth to me, if she was oK, I'll be OK too.
Sending all of you girls only the best thoughts, feelings and wishes:flower:

Can I hear my baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope? Is it too early? I am 6w1d. I wonder?
Yes I would have thought if it was going to be ectopic then you would have some symptoms by now :hugs: I didn't have my first scan until 6+5 and even then the visibility wasn't great so I had to go back two weeks later (I have a retroverted uterus).

Fingers crossed your beta keeps rising well x

Looking forward to my 12w appointment next week . I still haven't told my family ... I guess I am still worried I may have a MC
I didn't tell my family until I was 21.5 weeks :wacko: I had to wear baggy jumpers to hide it :blush: I hope your appt. goes well next week :)

Serenyx - I still worry all the time - in fact I still check for blood when I wipe!! I really think the worrying never goes away.. :hugs:
Oh i'm glad i'm not the only one who does this :haha:

My scan was terrific!!! It was what they call a biophysical profile which checks the fluids and her movements - she passed with flying colors! She kept sticking her tongue out, practice breathing, waving and then she stuck her whole hand in her mouth!!! So amazing! And she has a tiny bit of hair!!!! :cloud9:
It's so weird because as uncomfortable as I'm getting -- this has been my favorite part of the pregnancy so far - because she is moving ALL THE TIME and I watch my entire belly move :happydance: my husband could feel her have the hiccups the other night... All I said was - if you can feel it from the outside, just imagine what it feels like from the inside :haha:
Only sticky-wicket is that she is still breech :growlmad: I'm trying one of the exercises from spinningbabies.com to see if she'll flip on her own... I have another scan on Thursday the 15th so we'll see if it works!!!
Oh that scan sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see our LO actually doing something, she has been so quiet for every scan we have had. I am so looking forward to seeing movement on the outside too - I want DH to be able to feel her :) Will you have that level of detail at every scan from now on?

I hope you do manage to turn her naturally, I don't like the look of when the midwifes try and turn them for you :dohh:

just thought i'd pop my head round to door to say hi and send you all lots of good wishes, im still holding onto hope that i'll be joining you all soon xxx
Hi Plex :) How's things going? Are you still waiting to ovulate?

I am sure you will join us soon :hugs:

Afm. I'm 16 weeks . I'm having my gender scan on Monday. I can't wait. My swelling feet hands ankles, and face are now swollen when I wake up in the morning. Oh but the best news is that I started my maternity leave as of yesterday. I just can't do it any more.
Good luck with your scan! Oh maternity leave, that sounds lovely - I am not planning on starting mine until 34.5 weeks, it sounds ages away!

Postal - yay for maternity leave!!!!! :happydance: so happy for you!!! Did you say you were in touch with Megan???? Please give her my regards!! :flower:

Plex - how's it going??? Xoxo :hugs: thanks for checking I with us!

Dovkav - I don't think you can hear a heartbeat with a stethoscope for a while unfortunately... My very first scan was either 6 or 7 weeks (I forgot already!?!?) and they couldn't see much at all - had to go back a week later and they saw the heartbeat then.

Serenyx - yes, every scan is like that for me!!! To get your LO moving, drink something like orange juice or cranberry juice about 1/2 hour before your appt. That should get them going!! I always do this. I also read today on another board that because I have an anterior placenta most doctors won't even try to manually flip her :shrug: so who knows what will end up happening?! I'm at peace with whatever we have to do - whether I have a c-section or natural birth I still get my little girl out of it!!! :cloud9:

An early Happy Mothers Day to you all!!! :flower::cloud9:

Serenyx - yes, every scan is like that for me!!! To get your LO moving, drink something like orange juice or cranberry juice about 1/2 hour before your appt. That should get them going!! I always do this. I also read today on another board that because I have an anterior placenta most doctors won't even try to manually flip her :shrug: so who knows what will end up happening?! I'm at peace with whatever we have to do - whether I have a c-section or natural birth I still get my little girl out of it!!! :cloud9:

An early Happy Mothers Day to you all!!! :flower::cloud9:
Oh wow! I would love to see that at every scan :cloud9:

I did try OJ before my 20 week scan and was simply told to go and empty my bladder as it was a bit too full, it didn't seem to wake her up as I also had to go for a walk and then roll over to try and get her in the right position for some of the measurements :haha: I am starting to see a definite pattern to movement though, she seems to wake up just after breakfast and then again mid-morning. Most of my scans have been around 09:00 - 10:00 so I assume she is just sleeping :shrug:

Ah I didn't realise they won't try and turn them with an anterior placenta! I hope you do manage to get her to turn naturally but as you say it really doesn't matter if you have to have a c-section or a natural birth, either way you get your little girl :cloud9:

Have you decided on her name yet?

Hi ladies! It's been busy around here lately, so I haven't had much time to post lately.

PostalMom - congrats on starting maternity leave. Your job is tough work, so I'm glad that you will be able to get some much needed rest. :hugs:

Serenyx - when I went for my 20 week scan, the ultrasound tech asked what I had eaten before my appointment. I couldn't see the screen from my position, but she and my DH said that LO was moving a lot. I remember having half a pb&j sandwich before that appointment.

Chickadeedee - I still check the TP every time, too. :dohh: I can't believe our due dates are less than 7 weeks away! We are currently trying to get the house cleaned up. My coworkers held a very nice baby shower for me at work, and the nursery is messy again as there are tons of gifts everywhere. I can't believe how generous everyone was. :kiss: I've been driving myself mad trying to figure out LO's position. My doctor said that it felt like she was head down at my last appointment 4 weeks ago. I suspect she's somewhat sideways right now. I surely hope she hasn't flipped around completely.

Dovkav - my scan was at 6 weeks. We saw and heard the heartbeat, but that's still considered early, so don't be alarmed if you don't see/hear it at yours. I know the feeling about wanting to see confirmation on the screen. Hang in there! :hugs:

Plex - it's so great to see you. When is your next appointment? :dust:

bizzibii - great bump pic! Good luck at your scan! :hugs:

I forgot what else I read, so please forgive me for not catching everyone. :flower:

Happy Mothers a Day, ladies!!!

Plex - Hi , Are u staring ur third ivf soon ?

Postal - congrats on your maternity leave, not only you deserve it , you NEED it

Dovkav - I had my first scan at 6w3d and we saw both heartbeats ( one baby was measuring 6w1d). My doc said even if we did not see anything it would not be a concern as it was early anyway, I don't think you can hear it with a stethoscope . Try getting a doppler .

Disney and Chicka - I so envy you . You are almost at the end now.

Happy mommy day! It's my first ever! Babies are fine, she's kicking the heck out of me, he's more laid back. Still driving and working, some days are easier than others. Next doc Tuesday!

ugh, I just wrote this really long post and the website crashed...
So, anyway, this is bascially what it said:

postal - awesome that you go on maternity already! I wish I could...

dovkav - as the others said, get a doppler if you need to hear your baby's heart beat, but I think it;s still too early for that - I just had a doc's appointment at 15 weeks and it was the first time they used a doppler to hear the heartbeat.

bizzi - your bump is awesome.

Plex - nice of you to pop in. How are you doing?

and I'm sure there was more in there, but I just can't retype everything :)

AFM - I'm still feeling sick every 2-3 days, and still feeling very blah. But, I think I felt my baby move! I noticed that just before I go to bed and about an hour after I eat I feel something like ticking or like I have a worm low in my abdomen, just above my pubic bone. I've heard it described as bubbling, but this is not what I'm feeling - it's more scratchy than bubbly. I know it's not gas, as I've been dealing with that for a while :) This is lower and much more subtle and last only a second or so. Am I crazy or could this really be it? When did you first feel your baby move?

Mizuno, it sounds like movement to me. It's different for every one.
Afm my movements are very strong. They kick now. They push, they punch each other when the cameras are on. .. lol. The big news is they are both BOYS!!! That's what we wanted.
Thanks everyone for the maternity leave well wishes. My Braxton hicks started yesterday. Yeah.. smh...
I will send Meagan your hellos, she is having a transfer in the morning. I won't go in to details, but I'm sure she will want to tell everyone here if she gets her wish. She is such a wonderful woman and she deserves a lo so much. So everyone please keep her in your thoughts.

AFM - I'm still feeling sick every 2-3 days, and still feeling very blah. But, I think I felt my baby move! I noticed that just before I go to bed and about an hour after I eat I feel something like ticking or like I have a worm low in my abdomen, just above my pubic bone. I've heard it described as bubbling, but this is not what I'm feeling - it's more scratchy than bubbly. I know it's not gas, as I've been dealing with that for a while :) This is lower and much more subtle and last only a second or so. Am I crazy or could this really be it? When did you first feel your baby move?

Sounds like movements to me. :thumbup: I swear I felt LO moving a little bit (very faintly) during my 15th week. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Mizuno, it sounds like movement to me. It's different for every one.
Afm my movements are very strong. They kick now. They push, they punch each other when the cameras are on. .. lol. The big news is they are both BOYS!!! That's what we wanted.
Thanks everyone for the maternity leave well wishes. My Braxton hicks started yesterday. Yeah.. smh...
I will send Meagan your hellos, she is having a transfer in the morning. I won't go in to details, but I'm sure she will want to tell everyone here if she gets her wish. She is such a wonderful woman and she deserves a lo so much. So everyone please keep her in your thoughts.

Congrats on the boys! :happydance:

Please sent Megan my best. :dust: for a successful transfer!

Congrats on the BOYS Postal! Hoping the BH's lighten up for you.

:dust: Lots of good thoughts for Meagan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->