IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Congrats, Postal, those are some healthy boys!! Enjoy them and I wish you a speedy recovery, I know it's not easy but you'll feel better soon!

Postal, congrats! Well done. Super happy and excited for you! Hope and pray for your speedy recovery!

I think I am starting to experience mini incontinence, for a few weeks now I feel and see tiny drips of the urine in my panties. Kegels, should i do them 50 a day?

Dovkav, the more you can do the better. I got to the point where 5 would be exhausting. I'm going home this morning. In so thrilled that we are all going home together.

Congrats, PostalMom!! I can't wait to see a picture of your precious boys. :happydance:

Postal - well done. `can't wait to see some pictures

I've been trying to put pics on here bit is not letting me again. I'll see if Meagan can help again.

So glad to hear your boys arrived safely postal :) Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you can get them on!

Dovkav - I am Rhesus negative so also had the Anti-D. It isn't compulsory and you can decline it, but whilst it won't cause problems in this pregnancy it can seriously affect any future babies you may have x

Serenyx - I am RH- but they have a different policy here. They check if you developed antibodies and only then they react. If you haven't they will not give you anything (" if it ain't broken why fix it " type of thinking ).

Serenyx - I am RH- but they have a different policy here. They check if you developed antibodies and only then they react. If you haven't they will not give you anything (" if it ain't broken why fix it " type of thinking ).
Wow - that is completely different to over here - anyone who is Rh- automatically gets offered the Anti-D injection. You routinely get it at 28 weeks then again after birth if the baby is Rh+, but you are also offered it is you have any bleeding throughout the pregnancy where there is a chance your blood can mix.

Wow - that is completely different to over here - anyone who is Rh- automatically gets offered the Anti-D injection. You routinely get it at 28 weeks then again after birth if the baby is Rh+, but you are also offered it is you have any bleeding throughout the pregnancy where there is a chance your blood can mix.

I have read you only need it once in your life and you are protected for any pregnancies in the future that is why I really wanted to get it , but they said no :-(. Well anyway . Cant do anything about it - different countries , different thinking ...

Serenyx, I hate that here in Europe give anit-d shot to all rh- women. They don't even check for dad's blood. If he is rh- too, you have no problems. Do you knoe your baby's blood type?

bizzibii, may I ask where do you live? I wonder if I choose your countries policy about anti-d shot. I don't want to do it if it's not needed. I agree to take it after we find out the baby's blood type after the birth but I hate to do it now. My hubby is happy with one child but I would like another one. So it would be wise to take the shot if my baby has RH+.
Don't you need to check for anti-d anitbody's not anly once maybe few times in the 3rd tri?
I could do it easily. Here in Germany I can go to the lab direct w/o dr. prescription and pay cash.

Serenyx, I hate that here in Europe give anit-d shot to all rh- women. They don't even check for dad's blood. If he is rh- too, you have no problems. Do you knoe your baby's blood type?

bizzibii, may I ask where do you live? I wonder if I choose your countries policy about anti-d shot. I don't want to do it if it's not needed. I agree to take it after we find out the baby's blood type after the birth but I hate to do it now. My hubby is happy with one child but I would like another one. So it would be wise to take the shot if my baby has RH+.
Don't you need to check for anti-d anitbody's not anly once maybe few times in the 3rd tri?
I could do it easily. Here in Germany I can go to the lab direct w/o dr. prescription and pay cash.

DOV - I live around the corner ,Netherlands :), and they only check you for antibodies once at 27w. It is all pretty much natural approach to childbirth. Home birth are recommended , no pain meds are advised ( " do you really want to be on drugs when your child is born ? " I have been asked ) . I think you would love it here ....

Is it true that every 3rd woman in Netherlands give a birth at home?
I am planing to give a birth in the birth center which is located in the hospital. I'll know my midwive before the birth and she stays with us till the baby is out. In 3 hours we are going home. Pediatrician and midwive will visit us at home.

You mentioned about testing antibodies first and if you react, you do the shot. Is it D antigen I need to test?
Thanks bizzibii, you are very helpful.

Is it true that every 3rd woman in Netherlands give a birth at home?
I am planing to give a birth in the birth center which is located in the hospital. I'll know my midwive before the birth and she stays with us till the baby is out. In 3 hours we are going home. Pediatrician and midwive will visit us at home.

You mentioned about testing antibodies first and if you react, you do the shot. Is it D antigen I need to test?
Thanks bizzibii, you are very helpful.[/QUOTE

I know many women who gave birth at home , especially with their second or third. If you do decide to give birth in the hospital and there is no medical reason for it I believe you have to pay around 400 or 500 euros for it and after the birth ( couple of hours ) you go home. They have maternity nurse coming to your home for the first 8 days post birth. She helps you with babies but also does cooking and light cleaning . Depending on your needs she stays 3 - 8 h a day .

What I meant they take you blood to check if you have developed the antibodies. The blood is takes when you are 27w (My doctor said they have been doing it like that for the past few years )If you haven't they move on and do not offer anything else.

I went for doc appointment today. My babies are still small 1600 gr and 2200 gr. I am having ctg every other day to make sure all is good. They want to induce me no later then 03.11. No need for cc as both babies are head down etc etc.... Hubby needs to go away twice between 25.10 - 13.11 which means he may miss the birth ( if it happens spontaneously ) . With no family around I am somehow scared of giving birth by myself. Yes I can asks a friend etc but i really wanted him to see the pain I am going to have to through.....

I have read you only need it once in your life and you are protected for any pregnancies in the future that is why I really wanted to get it , but they said no :-(. Well anyway . Cant do anything about it - different countries , different thinking ...
Do you know where you read that? I would be interested in finding it since I have now had 4 anti-D injections!

Yes she is positive. My husband is also positive but could pass on the negative gene as his father is negative so any child we have has a 50% change of being positive or negative.

I was once told by a midwife when I asked this question that the reason they don't check the father is because they can't be 100% sure he is actually the father :dohh: That says a lot about trust nowadays!

I went for doc appointment today. My babies are still small 1600 gr and 2200 gr. I am having ctg every other day to make sure all is good. They want to induce me no later then 03.11. No need for cc as both babies are head down etc etc.... Hubby needs to go away twice between 25.10 - 13.11 which means he may miss the birth ( if it happens spontaneously ) . With no family around I am somehow scared of giving birth by myself. Yes I can asks a friend etc but i really wanted him to see the pain I am going to have to through.....
I hope your husband manages to be around for the birth :hugs: Not long to go now!

Congrats Postal!!!!

I hope you all are doing well and can't wait to see the pics!

Buzzi - I'm surprised that so many people are having homebirths in the Netherlands. Here in canada is not common at all. And it's free at the hospital.

Dovkav- don't worry too much about the anti-D shot being from humans. I work in the health field and would not worry about it. It is all tested and safe. I took memopur for ivf and that was made from post-menopausal women's urine. Not a pleasant thought, but perfectly safe.

AFM - I had external version this week and it worked! The baby is head down! There is still a chance she might turn back around or that she won't descend into the pelvis, but so far so good. I just want to say that my experience was nothing like the horror stories you read on line. It was quick (about 30s of actual maneuvering) and not painful, but very uncomfortable. They press really hard on your belly, which doesn't feel good, but it's not painful. Anyway, now I wait....

Hi ladies. I have tried so many times and Meagan has too, to post pictures. I don't know why is not letting us. If you want to message me your email or find me on face book you can see the boys pics. Preferably Facebook so you can see tons of pics of all of us. Hugs to all of you! !

Bizzibii, Look up angela tyler tampa fl. I have 2 family pics in black and white from when I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->