IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

Postal, just remember through all this pain and discomfort that the longer they stay in the better! 36 weeks usually doesn't require NICU which is awesome, that's what I was shooting for, anything after that is a bonus :)

Good luck, keep us posted!

PostalMom - 36 weeks is an amazing accomplishment! I hope you find comfort soon. You're almost at the finish line! :hugs:

Thank you for all the encouragement. It helps some. Right now I just want to cry. I thought for sure, I would have progressed. . Nothing! ! Same as last Friday. . 2 cm 80%. I'm so disappointed. What's even worse? ? If I don't go into labor on my own. .. the hospital won't let me have them at 37 weeks. I'll have to wait until I'm 38 weeks. ugh!! Back to 2 more weeks!!?? I just want to crawl into a hole and cry. I know that the boys ate better off every day I keep them in. I'm 36 years old 5 foot 1. With 2 big boys inside me. I'm miserable. Boohooohooohooo

Attachments

• 2014-09-23 16.58.28.jpg
    2014-09-23 16.58.28.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 11
Postal - That is a vey impressive bump. I do feel for you :-(

Bizzibii, how are you feeling?

Postal - Feeling ok, heavy and uncomfortable but I guess it is normal. Went for another scan today and one of the babies is too small so they are sending me for a detail scan to another hospital. They suspect problems with the placenta . The baby has been " below the chart " for some quite time but today her stomach was 3 cm smaller compare to the other one. I am not sure what to think and of course I got upset but there is nothing I can do I guess.

How are you my dear ?

Postal mom, you look amazing and your tummy is huge!! I understand how hard for you to move around. Sending you best wishes!

bizzibii, i am sory to hear about your little one is not growing enough. I hope another u/s will tell you more :hugs:

Bizzibii, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything will even out. My boys have been pretty much the same size . Robbie is just a bit smaller. There was a time about when you are now that wyatt was like 8 oz bigger. From what I read, that could mean an earlier delivery for you. I will pray for your little one. Try not to worry. I know it's not easy.
I'm just frustrated now. It's like I'm have a fight with myself. I feel guilty for wanting to have the boys now, but happy I've carried them this far.

hello ladies, I'm back! I've been lurking and reading your updates, just haven't had time to post.

I see some new babies, and some soon-to-come babies as well!

postal - hang in there - you look great, btw.
bizzi - i hope all goes well at your next u/s.
good discussion on sleep sacks here - in Canada they don't recommend swaddling any more, so I already bought some grobags - they are so cute! btw, new rules and regulations on sleeping, feeding, swaddling, etc will be the death of me. I can't keep up!

afm - everything going well here, except that the bay is breech and showing no signs of wanting to turn. I will be doing acupuncture/moxibustion, seeing a chiro and am consider external cephalic version in the next week or so. If none of it works, then it's c-section for me :( I'm really bummed out about that. I really wanted to have a natural birth. At least my doc is letting me wait till my due date and not recommending an early c-section like some docs. Other than that I'm feeling pretty good. I have a lot of swelling in my hands and feet, which makes me feel extra unattractive but I hope that will go away soon after the baby is born.

Oh man. I can't believe I'm still pregnant. Lol. I have been having some very tough moments where I get upset and cry. Mostly brought on by pain. Sometimes I can barely walk. I pee myself trying to stand up, walk or sit down. Everything seems to be too much on my poor bladder. I have been having contractions thru the nights that wake me up all the time. Also now my hands are waking me up. My knuckles hurt. In hands and toes. Still passing mucus as well. My Dr didn't check my cervix this time. I really wanted him to. I keep wondering if I'm dilated more or not. I go back to the dr on Tuesday and then my c sec is Thursday at 7 am. I'll have to be there at 5:30 am. I can't wait! ! I would love if the next 4 days went by fast and pain free. I am counting down the days and nights. I have 4 days, 5 nights. Each day has its own ups and downs, the nights as well. That's why im Counting them separately. It also feels like I've accomplished something. Tonight I tried to go from the living room to the bath room, one of my DD's put the toilet lid down again. I can't bend over to lift it AND bend to sit without peeing my self. It's usually a race to get my panties down in time. So. . Again. . I didn't quite make it. I got do mad and went into their rooms and fussed at them all. That sent me into a painful contraction that just didn't want to ease up. And from there I started crying again. I'm so tired of hurting, and changing my pad due to pee. I'm sorry I'm complaining all the time. .. this is just do darn hard! ! Now at my drs office, everyone says .. omg your still pregnant! Even my main dr who's delivering me said. ..omg.. you haven't gone yet! ? All of the other twin mom's have had their babies. I'm still hanging in with a cervix of steel. Ugh.

Postal- when I saw you posted something I was sure it was to tell us you have had your boys....

I am so sorry to hear that. I can't say I know how you feel ( i might know that feeling later ). I too started to struggle, one of the babies head presses on my bladder so each time I stand up I need to run ( waddle very quickly ) to the toilet to pee. My bump is starting to look unnatural being so huge...

There is nothing you can do - 4 more days, you made it that far . Remember how you were hoping to make it to 34 weeks :) You did great.

As for me not much is going on - going for doppler tests every week, growth scan every other week and they monitoring the babies heart every know and then. Sending me for tests for any viral infections and thats about it. Baby 2 is also on the smaller side but no defects have been found. I've had 20w scan at 32 w so they have checked everything they could again. Now I am starting to think maybe there is a trisomy going on or something similar which makes me not sleep at night and if I do I dream of giving birth to deformed babies....

On the bright note - we will be painting girls room next weekend and getting things ready :) Kind of left it a bit too late

Aww bizzibii, I would hate to sleep if I had those dreams. I do have birth and breast feeding dreams but nothing too scary. You are so close. Just keep taking it day by day. Try to keep those girls in as long as possible. They will need the extra growth time. I'm glad they haven't found anything but small growth. Are you on bed rest?

Bizzibii, I'd love to see your bump! Hope much do the girls weigh now?

Aww bizzibii, I would hate to sleep if I had those dreams. I do have birth and breast feeding dreams but nothing too scary. You are so close. Just keep taking it day by day. Try to keep those girls in as long as possible. They will need the extra growth time. I'm glad they haven't found anything but small growth. Are you on bed rest?

I am on self prescribed bed rest :) last week they were 1500 gr and 1700 gr however I have another growth scan on Thursday so I am hoping they have turned into giants :)

is ur CS on Thursday ? if so... good luck :)

Attachments

• IMG_20141006_223423-1.jpg
    IMG_20141006_223423-1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 4
Bizzibii, that is on the smaller side, but I wouldn't worry too much. They really pack on the weight towards the end. Your bump is perfect! What a great shape to it! Mine hangs down now in a strange egg shape. Lol.
Yes .. Thursday morning at 7 am is my c sec. I'm so excited! ! I can't wait to have a soft belly and babies in my arms. Prepare your self for the discomfort that lies ahead. I hope your votes much easier than mine. My girls were born at 34 weeks and I didn't suffer like this. So I'm hoping that you will have an easy last couple of months.
Today at the dr, my bp was higher, and I have a lot of protein in my urine. Dr isn't that worried since I'm 2 nights and 1 day away. I haven't had my cervix checked in a week now. That's driving me crazy. Lol. This is the first time in a while I've told the boys not to come out, because it's all planned now. Lol. I will post pics of the boys asap and maybe of my after belly. Happy dance!!

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow Postal! You have done amazingly well to keep them in there this long :)

Postal and Bizzibii, you are heroes! I am giving you a virtual medal!
I had my appoinment and we heard the baby's hearbeat on CTG everything was normal the beats were 120-160 in 20 min.
Now I need to get an Ati-D profilaxis cos I am RH D negative. I am worried about it, the meds are made from a human blood and still could have viruses that never been tested for.

Postal I'll be thinking about you all day and wishing you allthe best!

Good luck tomorrow, PostalMom! I'm praying for a safe delivery and speedy recovery for you. You'll have those beautiful babies in your arms before you know it! :hugs:

Good luck postal - I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

How is everyone else doing?

Hey there! ! Ugh . I posted a couple days ago. My water broke 24 hours before my scheduled c sec!! So at 4 am Wednesday morning. The day of the blood moon... I was sleeping and felt an air bubble sensation in my crotch. So i got up and went to the bathroom. I couldn't pee at all this time unless I leaned all the way forward. So i emptied my bladder and started to leave the bathroom and I felt another air bubble feeling but bigger. Then I felt a gush and amniotic fluid leaked down both legs. I reached down to feel and catch some and it was clear with small white flecks in it. I very calmly called out to dh.... hunny, my water just broke!! We showered , called the dr, got the van ready, told my older kids, and called dhs mom to come over. We arrived at the hospital and then I began my horrible contractions. By 715 robert was born weighing 5 lbs 7 oz 18.5 inches long. His umbilical cord had a knot in it so I think it slowed down his growth the last month or so. Wyatt was born 2 minutes later at 715. He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz 19.5 inches long. The were both 9.9 on the Apgar.!! Woohoo! So I'm still recovering. I also had my tubes tied again and I'm so glad that I had a csec. Because they found that my colon was attached to my tubes with scar tissue. They fixed it while they were in there. The boys are beautiful! Also I got them both breast feeding right away! I'm so happy they are here and healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->