IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

Scooby - good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear your results!

Kjw - that's great news!

Afm - 5 weeks today and got my 3+ on digi! Plus we booked a private scan at 6+3 on a weekend so hubby can be there for first scan. 10 sleeps to go!

Kj brillant news :)

October that is a darker line... 7years! I bet you's are just delighted..happy for you x

Scoobs its all black&white day by day what to do! So I'll be grand hopefully..

Ah Emily that's great! In my clinic we get a 6w internal scan if it's bfp. I can still remember that first 6w scan with dd like it was yesterday!! I just pray we can get there again. Dd loves babies & I just want to give her a sibling so bad. But I know I'm so lucky to have her and that's always in my mind but we will try :)

How is star & secret?? Have you's any tests purchased?

Oh DAY 4 potty training = NO accidents... so proud of my girl :)

Jack I am trying not to obsess but this is going to be the longest tww of my life. It has barely been 24 hours and it's all I can think about. Boy oh boy. I am DEFINITLY going to need to come up with some distractions.

Oh secret... don't even have any advise! Although see my 1st ivf cycle, I didn't test until otd.. I don't know how I actually held out so long!! It was bfn :(
Then my 2nd cycle I woke up 5dp and got the urge to test... it was bfp..
what day is your embryo? Was this a fresh cycle? Xx

Congrats to all the BFPs!!!!! Fingers crossed for all who are PUPO!!!!

I had my first appointment with my RE, they did an ultrasound to check for my antral follicle counts, and I had 29. So this is really good news. With this many antral follicles he said I am a high responder and IVF should work out very well. I have a 65% chance of getting a BFP if I transfer 2 embryos (which I plan to do).

Very excited and feel really happy. I was scared and shaky when I initally went in. Next step is to talk it over with DH and see if we just do a single IVF or if we should go with a package IVF.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to if you picked between a single or a group package IVF????

Ashley, great news on your follicles:)
What is a group package?
I've had 2 fresh cycles & will be having my 1st FET cycle in June

Ashley, great news on your follicles:)
What is a group package?
I've had 2 fresh cycles & will be having my 1st FET cycle in June

Hey Jackdoll,

A group package AKA a multiple cycle package. You pay a certain price (it will be $22,000 without including meds) It includes 2 fresh and 2 frozen IVF cycles and you get your 80% of your money back if you do not deliver a live baby.

It is a lot more expensive rather than a single cycle which is $12,000 + med cost. Like if I got pregnant on the first cycle of a multiple package, I would spend more than double, vs if I had just paid for 1 single cycle.

Butttttt if I pay a single IVF and don't get pregnant and have to pay for another single fresh IVF cycle, I am basically am going to pay more out of pocket than if I would have chosen a multiple IVF cycle plan.

I guess its really hard to decide. I have unexplained secondary infertility. I know in real life about 5 or 6 people who have done IVF. About half of them got BFP on IVF #1, the other half got BFP on IVF #2.

Oh secret... don't even have any advise! Although see my 1st ivf cycle, I didn't test until otd.. I don't know how I actually held out so long!! It was bfn :(
Then my 2nd cycle I woke up 5dp and got the urge to test... it was bfp..
what day is your embryo? Was this a fresh cycle? Xx

We put in two 3ab frozen guys. I am torn over to test or not. I just can't bear it being negative. This is our very last chance. I might just want to enjoy being pupo as long as possible but I am so dang impatient. Life is a struggle lol

Great news on the digital Emily!

Ashley, glad your appointment went well, that's a tough decision to make, how much are the fets normally? just thinking how much would you actually be saving, if it just included fresh cycles I would go for it but to include fets seems like they wouldn't cost as much anyway?

Jackdoll, well done dd on the poetry training!

Secret, I'm still undecided about testing, I've only got 2 cheapies that I already had anyway and normally I would have a stock of frers by now but haven't even bought any, I feel like I do with my fet in Sept which ended in blighted ovum, as in I'm not really thinking about and didn't feel pupo, it's a relief as my last fet in March I drove myself crazy, I hardly left the house and I was testing like a mad woman from 4dpt seeing negatives every day, it was depressing and I definitely didn't help myself

Yesterday me and dd were out all morning til 2, we went to playgroup at a sand Park that's just by the beach, then had lunch with my friends who were here with their ds who they had from ivf and has the christening weekend just gone, then we walked along the beach to another Park and walked back home
By 5pm I suddenly felt all sick and tired so went to bed for an hour, then woke up at 4am by dd and my head was banging and it still is now, it's so hot though and nothing is helping! Undecided of what to do today, might have a garden day with dd, staying in is a nightmare, she gets so bored but at the same time I don't think I can face going out in the heat again!

Ashley, I have unexplained infertility. Everything perfect with me. DH has super sperm! Just couldn't get pregnant. So frustrating!
1st fresh cycle= bfn
2nd fresh cycle =bfp
1st FET = fingers crossed

Secret I really hope this is your lucky cycle :) everything crossed for you x

Star I'm delighted we have mastered the potty! She's delighted with big girl pants :)
How are you? I think I'm not going to test with my FET... I want to be in a nice bubble hopefully for 2ww :)

Emily & scooby how are you's?? Any symptoms? I didn't have any sickness until about 9/10w with dad...

Kj how are you??

Who had transfer 18/05? This was the date dd was transferred and I'm hoping it's as lucky for you too xx

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Afm 2 sleeps until I start my meds! Currently on the train heading to work. Weather in Ireland is so hot this week... I'm having a BBQ for my tea.. have a lovely day girls xx

Star, hope your head lifts... wee day around the house/garden will be nice.. xx

Star - hope your head feels better soon, it's no fun

Jackdoll - sat will be here before you know it! It's really hot here too, no good when I need to sleep between night shifts!!

Scooby - good luck with beta today

Afm - feel a bit nauseous this morning. And I absolutely do not want a cuppa tea, which for a tea addict is unheard of! Maybe this is the start of symptoms

Jack- My transfer was on 18/05

Ashley - Does the fresh transfer also include an FET or is that separate? I ask because even with my first transfer it was canceled due to OHSS. I had to wait for a FET.

Emily - Definitely sounds like a start to pregnancy symptoms. :happydance:

Star- I hope you feel better soon. I had a headache after my transfer and RE said Tylenol was fine.

Jackdoll, 2 more sleeps! Enjoy your bbq, we're having one sat for my cousins 21st, it's a surprise party, started off being afternoon tea so I'm making the scones and taking the cream and jam, hope they come out ok!

Emily, I went off tea, coffee and juice at about 6 weeks to 14 weeks and it was awful! I really wanted my morning cup of tea, I always used to try, get a few sips in and want to be sick! I was glad to be able to drink it again, well decaff Haha

I went to bed for 2 hours when dd napped, headache is a bit better but still there, think it's the heat, it's just so.hot!

kjw- Thanks and hooray for good baseline! Not long now :thumbup:

Emily- Thank you! Happy 5 weeks hun :) I'm glad you're getting an earlier scan and DH can be there. Sounds like the start of MS to me... very promising!

jack- Congrats on your potty training success so far! I'm unexplained also, it really sucks. No MS for me yet but stomach a little off in the mornings and need to eat right away which is not like me. I usually have a cup of tea then wait another hour or so to eat. I admit, I'm afraid of MS though :haha:

secret- Hope you're doing ok in your TWW hun. I found reading an excellent distraction! It was the only time my mind didn't wander and I was able to stop thinking about being PUPO.

Ashley- AFC of 29 is excellent. I have the same question that October had- is frozen transfer included in that single price? With an AFC as high as you have, I'm guessing you'll have some frozen embryos to work with. So if you can do something with multiple FET's I think that would be best. (This also depends on if you want more kids down the line, and if they have some kind of time limit.) Good luck with whatever you decide!

star- One of my first and only early symptoms was an awful migraine that lasted 3 days. I want to say that was about 3-5dp3dt. So your headache could be a great sign! My fingers are crossed so hard for you!

Had my blood draw this morning for beta #3 but won't get results until this afternoon. Had to pay $150 out of pocket to get results today. Boo! I'm nervous but hopeful that everything is progressing normally.

Lucky date OCTOBER xxx :) how you feeling xx

Star I love a BBQ. Though afternoon tea would be up there in my top fav, off course with some bubbles... lol (not at all posh) but my sisters mum & I love a treat x

Scooby good luck with beta? Unexplained does suck :(

Star I think we are just not used to this heat!! Tomorrow is a new day. Hope u get good nights sleep tonight xx

Emily high 5 to the Symptoms :)

Star & secret have you's decided if you's are going to test??

Just wondering where everyone is from?? Think we have a time difference!!
I'm from Ireland currently 16:27 & weather is amazing.... yep some men on the train with vest tops, socks & sandles!!! Lol not a good sight!

Think I might take tomorrow off! Too nice to be stuck in work

October, Star, Scooby :) So the single price is for 1 fresh cycle. A FET would be separate $4k.

Which is where the conundrum lies. I have a good AF count, hope I would have some frozen embies to work with in the future or if I needed a FET

Doctor said that I would be using the lowest dose of meds and he will do the Ganirelix protocol (antagonist). He couldn't give me an estimate of meds because he said aduring the stimming part he may need to adjust meds, which could cost more if I need higher doses.

So here are my options:
1 fresh cycle ($10k + meds) with ICSI ($1500)= $11,500 + meds.
If that is BFN, then add FET ($4k + meds)

DO you need meds for a FET?

So that puts me at $15,500 plus the cost of meds for the 2 cycles.
That is only if I have enough embryos/enough make it to freeze.

BUTTTT if I don't get any frosties or not enough eggs, then doing 2 fresh cycles would be $23k plus med cost for 2 fresh with ICSI. Which basically puts me at the cost of the multiple cycle plan.

I talked with DH and said if money isn't an object I would do the multiple cycle plan just so I am not stressed out and so I have comfort knowing we could put the refund towards adoption or just not be out so much money. He looked at me and laughed. LOL

When you put it all like thst Ashley I'd say the multiple cycle one sounds better and could put your mind at ease, there are meds for fet, mine are just estrogen and progesterone and for a cycle comes to £350 to last me up to ten weeks if I get a bfp

Scooby, thank you for the encouragement with the headache, it seems about the same time as yours, fingers crossed!!

Jackdoll, I'm on the Isle of Wight and the weather is beautiful here too, definitely bubbles with afternoon tea!
I'm still undecided about testing Haha, at the moment I don't feel too bothered about early testing, I feel like it's not really happening at the moment lol which isn't making me stressed or desperate to test but I might by Sunday or Monday! I think I want some time to symptom spot first lol

Having some light cramps today, could easily be progesterone so not reading too much into it but it's nice to feel something, last bfn cycle I felt nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->