IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

I am cramping today too and also trying not to look too much into it. I had cramping last bfn cycle. It was all central to one spot which I thought was a good thing. Turns out it was probably just the progesterone....

star & secret - both of you sound like you have promising symptoms!!!

snuggle embies, snuggle!!!!
:dust:

ashley - seems like the multiple package sounds like a better deal if you can come up with the funds! I also have unexplained infertility and I completely understand the frustrations!!! With that said, 62% sounds pretty high! I was told 50% with 1 egg transfer and 53% with 2. We ended up transferring 1 and we ended up on the successful side of 50% (fingers crossed I stay pregnant..!) so I think you have a pretty good chance with your first IVF!

Good luck to all starting stimming soon!!

Jackdoll- I have unexplained also :growlmad: so frustrating! Every scan and test all I have ever heard is that everything looks beautiful which made it even more confusing...finally though we met with our RE the other week and she said that our round of IVF gave some more info and they think that I have had a hormonal imbalance for years probably which has affected the quality of my eggs over time. I wish I could have asked her details because I would really like to know more but Im just so relieved that it's not all in my head and now all of those people that have told me to "just relax, it will happen" can shut up lol

Excited we're both starting meds sat!

I'm unexplained too, I can have longer cycles, up to 40 days but apart from that everything is fine, so frustrating!

3dp5dt and no real symptoms yet, just light cramping last night and a bit this morning and my head is still iffy, putting them down to progesterone and heat! Although I didn't have the cramping when on progesterone before transfer, love and hate symptom spotting!
Secret how are you?

Morning,
Kj, will this be your 2nd cycle (is it a FET?) will they be tweaking anything now that they know a possible hormonal in balance? It really is frustrating.. roll on Saturday morning to we get this show on the road. 1 sleep

Thank you ko- I feel like a started this journey again months ago & its only coming around now to get started xx

Star & secret, I'm praying this is it for you's! Keep the lucky thread going :)

Afm I took the day off!! Weather too nice, dd is delighted she has no daycare and we are having a lie in...
Have a lovely weekend ladies :)

Sounds lovely jackdoll, dd doesn't let me have a lie in yet, she's too much of a fidget to stay in bed! Dh got up at 6 though then we swapped about 7

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Had some waves of nausea today which isn't like me, again though this could be down to a cold still
Just went mad and tested, what is wrong with me, seriously?! There could be the start of a faint shadow but it's not a test I trust, 3 for £1! Still, satisfied my urge!

jack- I'm from New York. It's pouring rain here this morning but supposed to clear up and be lovely for the next couple of days.

Ashley- Wow, that's a really tough call. I sort of think for peace of mind, if you can afford it, do two. (Especially if you'd like the possibility of more than one child.) I'm wondering why they're recommending ICSI to you? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else but I thought you said there were no issues with DH? Would they consider doing half and half (regular fertilization vs. ICSI) for diagnostic purposes? That way, if you don't need it you don't pay for it a second time. As far as medication, by far the cheapest I found was WinFertility. I did an antagonist cycle my 1st time and was probably on WAY higher doses that you will be, and I think it cost me about $3,500 for meds. (Including Cetrotide, Follistim, Menopur, PIO and trigger shot.) Let me know if you have any questions.

star- I wonder if you maybe have PCOS? With the high follicle count & longer cycles, it sort of seems like maybe a mild case? Anyway, I'm so excited for your symptoms and your faint line!!! I got the faintest of lines on 6dp3dt. Good luck!!!

secret- How are you holding up hun? Cramping is potentially a very good sign! Especially because this was an FET for you so likely not from residual issues from stims... FX so hard for you!

kjw- That's interesting what they said about the hormonal imbalance. I wonder what they meant by that? I would get more info from them if you can. I annoyed everyone asking a million questions but I researched my butt off until I found a protocol that I thought made sense for me and pushed them to let me do it. No regrets :)

AFM, beta #3 was 702 last night! I'm very happy with that and looking forward to our first scan next week :thumbup: Thinking of all of you PUPO ladies and those still waiting to start, and wishing very hard that all of you have success!

Star, how many dp are you? And what Day was your embie ? Dd loves her bed like her mummy! Lol

Scooby wow, I would absolutely love to visit NY.. and I will some day.. :)
Scooby you really do sound like you know what your talking about.. I actually don't know a lot.. I'm starting this nasal spray tomorrow which is day 21 of my cycle!!
I would just love someone to explain this all to me, when I'm with nurses & consultants my mind goes blank & I don't ask any questions...

Well girls. So far today I woke up with a headache and have been having crampy things happening. I also feel just like heavy in the lower abdomen area. This morning when I put the progesterone in it seemed like my cervix was high could barely reach it. Could have been all in my head as it was 6 am but I hope not. I am not reading into any of this it could be nothing I hope it's everything but I don't want to be imagining things.

Star a faint line?!? Get out! Post pics!

Jack you're starting tomorrow?!?

Scooby I am not pumped for you. I hope you can breathe a little now.

Sorry for missing anyone else but this board is moving so quick it's hard to keep up and I'm trying to not obsess and keep my bnb to an acceptable level lol

Happy Friday everyone

jack- I found all of it really interesting so I tried to learn as much as possible about it :) Ok so I never took nasal spray but it's similar to birth control pills in that it down regulates your body- so basically "quiets" your ovaries so that they're not trying to grow any follicles. It puts you in an almost menopausal state. The idea behind this is that when you start injecting stims, it jumpstarts everything really quickly and causes you to produce lots of eggs that all grow at the same rate. Once your follicles start growing, your body will still choose one or two (dominant follicles) that grow a little faster than the others. At that point, your RE will tell you to start taking an antagonist like Cetrotide or Ganirelix to stop those eggs from getting way bigger than the others and also to stop you from ovulating on your own. Hope that makes sense!

secret- Sounds so promising! I really hope this is it for you. Thank you, I'm definitely breathing a bit easier now :)

Scooby, that's what we thought but no pcos or endo which was also thought as they're so heavy and painful, it would have been good to have an answer

Secret Haha I think I'm just imagining it, since a wave of nausea this morning I haven't felt anything else so now not feeling hopeful again!

Jackdoll, I'm 3dp5dt so way too early to be stupidly testing especially with about my 4th wee which couldn't have been more diluted!

Secret your symptoms sound very promising!

Scooby yes that does make sense! Thank you.. :)
With this being my 1st FET cycle it will be different then!! Do you know what happens in a FET?

Secret I start meds tomorrow for my 1st FET cycle.. your symptoms sound good x

Happy 7 weeks dancing xx :)

Star wouldn't it be great if we could go to sleep and wake up after the 2ww... haha lol

Afm had a lovely day off work.. weather is amazing here, just got dd off to bed and feet up. glass of wine, can of coke or a cuppa..... decisions lol

Yay dancing! Glad to hear you are doing well! When is your scan?

Since a wave of nausea this morning I haven't felt anything now :( hopefully might feel something tomorrow
Hope everyone is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->