IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

so sorry jackdoll. I also cannot believe how calm you are! but that's a great thing. I think it really means that you're at peace with your decision! :hugs:

Girls I've went through the heartache, tears & saddness all in the past, finally got my dd and always said that if it doesn't happen again at least we have her, many woman go through this process and pain and still don't get a baby... I know I'm lucky, she's my best friend & my friend for life.. just wished I could have give her a sibling but we tried...

My otd date isn't until Tuesday! So I'll check in again xx

Good luck everyone xx

Jack I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have a postive attitude about it.

Kj great beta!! The scan will be one of the greatest moments of all.

DB totally worth it. And you get use to the injections, promise!

Scooby good luck at your OB appt! I hope you get to see your little bean.

Ashley and mnelson any updates?

AFM I had quite a scare. I was at work for 2 hours when (warning Tmi) I felt a gush of fluid in my lady region. I went to the bathroom and I had bled thru my underwear and my scrub pants. Needless to say I thought the worse. Luckily Dr said they could get me in early. So I went home and changed and by then the bleeding had slowed. what felt like forever they finally took me back and within seconds the ultrasound tech smiled and said baby looks great and heartbeat is strong. And then I got to see the heartbeat and hear it. It was amazing! But they can't tell why I'm bleeding and said it could be normal I just have to watch it.

Jackdoll- So sorry to hear about your BFN :( I am happy that you are able to be at peace with the news for now.

Dogmommy- Gosh how scary! I am glad everything is alright! I have heard that women who get pregnant through IVF have a higher chance of subchorionic hemorrhaging early in pregnancy. I had bleeding early in my pregnancy with my DS2 (so early that it had to be done with a transvaginal ultrasound) and I had normal pregnancy/delivery after that.

Mnelson- How are you feeling! Nice amount of eggies!!!! :happydance:

AFM- Alright....so I had my ER yesterday morning. 17R, 15M and 13F. They gave me the fert. report this morning.:happydance::happydance::baby::baby::cloud9:

I had a perfectly fine ER and rested most of the day. I was sitting on the couch and went to lay down and had excrutiating pain in my right upper abdomen. It was like stabbing/cramping/muscle spasm. Kind of like if you ever get a charlie horse in your leg, you know how awful it feels. Well it was like that and I couldn't breathe or move and moaned for my DH. He had to help me up. It went away after about 20 seconds. He held me and I cried and it happened again and we called 911. They took me by ambulance to the Emergency room. Ran all these tests and I couldn't even lay flat for a x-ray. ER doctors checked with my RE before I let them work on me because I am like oh great this is gonna ruin my fresh transfer. They couldn't find anything wrong with me and thought maybe it was my gall bladder. Got an ultrasound for that and everything was totally normal. They gave me morphine and sent me home. I wasn't able to lay down so I had to sleep upright on the couch.

So :shrug::shrug: IDK what that was. But all I could think about is how much this is gonna cost me for this emergency room visit/ambulance ride. Ugh lol

So I have just been taking it easy. I don't know what it was caused by and my RE didn't think it was anything and if it was anything it was purely coincidence. I think I maybe was overdoing it on the gatorade/electrolytes and caused a crazy muscle spasm.

Dogmommy - That is so scary! I am so happy baby is doing so well! I can only imagine how I would feel if that happened. I am so grateful for you that you saw a happy healthy strong heart beating baby on the screen!

Ashley - Ugh, that sounds scary as well! I have been in a lot of pain since mine too. I had to go for an ultrasound yesterday and one tomorrow to check on ohss. They think I have it, but are trying to see if its mild. I can't even really walk, and I look about 4 months pregnant. They did tell me however that with the amount of eggs they retreived that it isn't a shocker from me to be in lots of pain. I am trying to decide now if I should go through with a fresh transfer or not. My RE said they don't want to waste the best embryo when my body isn't ready for it. Hopefully you start to feel better soon!

As for me, my report from this morning is that on Day 2 they want 4 cells and that 11/13 of my embryos are doing great. They said definitely not doing a 3 day transfer, now it is just if we do one on sunday if I start feeling better or if we do a freeze all. I am torn right now. I am shocked at my pain being so high in the abdomen and how it is interfering with just regular activities. Oh, and Im still spotting from the ER.

Dog mommy-omg how scary!! I know I've heard of that happening in the first trimester but still I'm sure it was awful waiting for that scan. I'm so so happy that everything is ok and you got to see the beautiful heart beat!:)

Ashley-oh my! That must have been really scary! I'm glad you got checked out and everything seems to be ok! Awesome fertilized report!

Mnelson-awesome numbers! I'm sure you will have some really great day 5 embryos! I hope you can do a fresh transfer but if not hopefully the fet will give your body a chance to recover. I really wanted to do a fresh but they encourage frozen transfers at my clinic so that's what I did. It was tough waiting but now I am happy I did because it has all worked out so far.

Db-the injections are no fun but it's nice to cross each days injection off and know you're one step closer! It will all be worth it in the end :)

Sorry I've been AWOL. I have been follow vwhen I can.
I had my scan yesterday and it's bad news there was only a gestational sack and a yolk sack no fetal pole. So I'm out. Absolutely gutted would rather it had failed than this.

Dogmommy , so glad you are ok, what a fright for you, rest when you can lovely

Ashley, what a fright for you too being in so much pain! Hopefully you can get lots of rest, a fet could be better for you, I'm sure whatever happens it will work out the best decision for you, you know your body

Mrs, I'm so sorry this has happened, I understand how you feel as this happened to me in October last year, sending big hugs to you

Thanks Star!! I'm devastated as you can understand, and we can't afford to try again. If you don't mind me asking, what happens next, I have a re-scan next week. But do you just wait until a miscarriage happens?? How long does it take? My pregnancy tests are still getting stronger so I'm assuming this could take some time before my hormone levels drop and my body rejects!

I was devastated too and wish it had just been bfn so totally understand
They said I could wait and have a rescan in a week to conform but they were pretty sure so I stopped my meds straight away. This was on Wednesday, Thursday I started spotting and Friday by 11pm I had passed the sac. So one good thing was it was quick and didn't feel any worse than a normal period. I went for a scan a few days later after the weekend to make sure everything had cleared which it had. They done a urine test at the hospital which still showed a faint positive so was told to do one In a couple of weeks to make sure it was negative which it was.
I was going to Disneyland for dd 1st birthday 2 weeks after I found out which is why I stopped my meds straight away as wanted it all to be over which it was pretty quick
So sorry again xx

jack- I'm so glad you have such a wonderful relationship with your daughter. That's a very special bond! I hope you get a surprise at your OTD but if not it's nice knowing that you're okay with how everything worked out. I wish you the best! <3

dogmommy- Congrats on your scan & seeing a strong heartbeat! The bleeding sounds awful & scary, but hopefully it's a one-time thing and the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. The fact that the baby is okay is a great sign!

ash- Awesome numbers! Well, I had gallstones for several years and eventually had to get emergency surgery. What you're describing does sound like gall stone pain. Of course, there are tons of other things it could be too! But the first time it happened to me I had no idea what was going on and eventually went to the hospital too, because it was so painful!! I always got my attacks at night & usually after eating a rich meal. I hope that's not what's going on with you. So are you thinking 5 day transfer or frozen?

mnelson- I think considering the pain & spotting, an FET makes the most sense. And lots of doctors seem to believe they are more effective than fresh transfers. But if you started to feel better and wanted to do fresh, I totally understand that too! I think I would have been disappointed if I'd had to delay my transfer.

mrs h- I'm so sorry hun, that's awful :hugs: I hope you're taking good care of yourself and have lots of people around you for love & support!

AFM, first OBGYN visit today. I may or may not get a scan, but at the very least I'll get to hear a heartbeat! Really hope I like my doctor. I'm guessing she'll book my NT scan, since I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. :shock:

MrsH I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm wishing you the best for whatever is next for you.

Ashley that kind of sounds like a pain I had in the same spot but definitely not as bad as you. I called my Re the next day and he said it was probably from trapped air from the procedure and to take gas X. Not sure if that's what it was but I'm glad its better now. What does your clinic suggest fresh or FET? Great report tho.

Mnelson great report too! That's a tough one. I feel like my body was inflamed and not healed from the retrieval and that's partly why I had a chemical with my fresh but my Re says that's unlikely. But I know if they said I had to do a freeze all I would not have wanted to wait! I'm sure you will make the best decision for you!

Scooby good luck at your appt!

Thanks for everyones kind words. Yesterday sure was a roller-coaster. My nurse called me last night and said it's not uncommon to have a little bleeding from baby implanting and growing. Or break through bleeding from all the synthetic hormones. They didn't see a hemorrhage on the ultrasound so I just wait another week for next ultrasound!

MrsH - I'm so sorry :( wishing you a quick healing process both physically and emotionally :hugs:

Ashley - wow that's scary! But I'm glad you're feeling better now. Also, great fert results!! When is transfer?

mnelson - How are you feeling?? When I had OHSS, I could barely stand... I hope that's not how you're feeling!! I was told to drink V8 juice, gatorade, lots of water, and eat lots of protein!! I hope you get to transfer tomorrow!

dogmommy - so scary!!! but happy to hear you and baby are doing well!! take it easy if you can!

scooby - keep us posted on your first ob appt!!

Fresh transfer was cancelled, it will be a frozen one in sept probably.
Koi - what were your numbers before freezing? Like how many did you have on day 3 vs what they froze? I'm freaking out I'm going to loose too many between now and freeze.
The stress never ends!!

mnelson - My clinic never game me numbers for day 3. but in the end, of the 13 fertilized, only 3 made it to perfect grade blastocyst on day 5. My clinic is known to be super conservative on deciding what's worth transferring/freezing or not so if it were a different clinic, I think I would've had more to freeze.

Waiting is always tough when you just want to be holding a baby in your arms ASAP.. but trust your Drs that they are making the right decision for you!! I hope time passes quickly for you!

MrsH- So sorry you got bad news :cry:

Scooby- Yes they thought it was my gall bladder, and did an ultrasound but they couldn't find any. I googled gall stones and it does sound exactly like what I described. We are still doing a 5dt :happydance:

Dogmommy- I was thinking it could have been something like gas pain from the air also. Its like I kept taking my vicodin, to get rid of the pain, but I was like is this pain just caused by gas pains (which is due to vicodin) what a vicious circle! Fingers crossed for your next scan! I am sure everything will be fine. Good thing you only have to wait a week!

Koj- 5dt planned for Monday :) :baby::baby:

Mnelson- Darn I know it will be hard to wait but FET have just as much success as fresh. I hope you feel better :hugs:

AFM- I feel a lot better. My stomach was getting more and more bloated, tried prunes, metamucil, dates, bran muffins and nothing but a little bit of gas here and there. The gas pains were starting to get sharper, so I drank a bottle of magnesium citrate. Let me just tell you, it works....maybe too well LMFAO! It will clean you out lol! I feel a LOT better today and my stomach bloating has gone down.

I talked with the nurse yesterday when she gave me my fert report and there was nothing in my chart about canceling my fresh, so we are planning for 5dt Monday. I figure since it was probably just bad gas pain/muscle spasm or possibly even an ovary torsion and that it has passed we will still do the fresh.

Mrs: I am so sorry to hear this:( this happened to me with my 1 natural pregnancy and It was so hard. I prayed after that that I wouldn't get pregnant again unless it was going to be a healthy pregnancy. I hope you are treating yourself kind. Thinking of you.:hugs:

Mnelson, it sounds like that's the right decision for you and your body to be in the best condition
With my embryos, on the Monday they said I had 5 and 15 were abnormal, I wasn't sure what was meant by this, anyway, Wednesday was day 5 so I wasn't expecting great things, however by weds I had 7 blasts and an extra one on day 6
I bet yours are doing just great

Ashley, glad you are feeling better, good luck for Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->