• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/FET roll call April-October 2017 *12 BFPs, 3 sets of twins!

Congrats thunder! That's wonderful!!!

Thanks scooby - I appreciate the advice!

The embryologist called and we have a 6AB and 5AA biopsied and frozen! Now the wait for CCS results begins...but as of now we have two beautiful babies on ice! <3

Great news babylights! Do you know when you will get the test results? My clinic said it's a few weeks I think?

Thanks Ask! They'll send out the biopsied cells on Tuesday and it should take roughly two weeks. Luckily I'll also be waiting for af and getting ready for our next round so hopefully the wait won't be too painful!

How's everyone doing? Starting birth control today...this is really happening! Oh my! I'm definitely going to need your ladies support this next month or so!

Hi there, we're doing a frozen embryo transfer tomorrow morning and I'm FREAKING OUT. So nervous.
Ok now I'm going to read back a bit to get to know more about you all!!

Babylights that's excellent news!

Ask, hooray for starting, you're in the right place for support

Fern, hope all goes well tomorrow!

Ask so exciting!! We're all here for you, you got this!

Fern keeping everything crossed for a smooth FET and then your bfp!!

star thank you so much!

I have a passenger on board! One blastocyst, same grading as baby G had. We'll see if it sticks! The other embie did thaw but was not great quality (12 cell morula) so seeing as we do NOT want to take the chance of having twins, we donated that embie for scientific research. I'm feeling so much calmer and better now that the transfer is done!! All the hormones are not helping my mood swings lol. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Great news Ask for starting the process.

Babylights those are excellent gradings! Hope you get good results.

Happy transfer day Fern! Congrats on being PUPO!

ask- Any time, we're here to help. :hugs: Congrats on starting BCP!

babylights- That's awesome, I'm so happy for you! FX both come back normal. If they do, will you continue to bank?

fern- Welcome & congrats on being PUPO! :dust:

Curious what everyone's protocol was? I'll be on Follistim and Ganirelix (and pregnyl to trigger). No menopur. Meds are arriving Sept. 15. Seems like most people do Follistim and menopur?

I didn't do menopur either. I asked my RE why they do two stims and why I only got one and I guess it just has to do with your prognosis. Menopur is common when there is DOR and other factors. If you have a normal amh, fsh, etc. it is likely to just have the follistim.
I had puregon and orgalutran with a pregnyl trigger. Orgalutran was my antagonist to stop me from ovulating instead of cetrotide or ganirelix. And puregon instead of follistim.

I still ended up with 21 eggs on a low dose of puregon, only 125. So I think they leave the additional stim med out unless they want to change something up.

Ask, I think Menopur has both FSH and LH in it, whereas Follistin is recombinant FSH only. I didn't take Menopur, but in addition to Gonal-F I did take Luveris, which is recombinant LH (I don't think it's available in the U.S.) I think the additional LH is used if there's DOR or advanced maternal age or high doses of FSH. You're lucky you should only have to do one injection a day until you add the Ganirelix!

Fern, congrats on being pupo!

I tested yesterday at 9dp5dt and got a BFN, so it's not looking good for me. If this was a normal cycle, AF would be due today. My beta is Friday.

Question for anyone who had a failed fresh transfer after IVF, when did you get AF? While you were still on the progesterone, or after you stopped?

Thanks M and Wish! That makes sense. Sounds like Follistim without Menopur is a normal protocol if you have good egg reserve.

Ladies, I lost it this morning. We scheduled a semen collection to be frozen because DH does not perform under pressure and we can't risk not having the collection on the day of my retrieval. Well of course he couldn't get it done this morning. The lab even told us it was ok to use the "pull out" method for the collection so we woke up early and it was a total fail. It's like something happens in his brain when he "has" to perform. Everytime he has had to give a sample it ends up taking 2-3 times, meaning we are making and canceling appointments over and over. I lost it this morning. I know he's trying but this is the 1 thing he has to do. In the last few weeks I've had blood draws, an EKG, an echocardiogram, started birth control, have a kidney ultrasound tomorrow and a saline sonogram on Tuesday. I'm having a hard time not being super angry and resentful about this. Doing it by himself is out of the question (he tried many times in the past year and a half). We rescheduled for tomorrow morning. He is out of town Monday - Thursday next week for business and my RE said no sex while I'm on stims so this really needs to happen NOW. I don't need this stress. I'm at my witt's end. :(

Wish my af didn't start both for the fresh and frozen until I stopped promethium. It took a little longer for af to come with the chemical than the bfn but it eventually did

I am going to be on estrace then suprefact and menopur in the am and suprefact and gonal f in the evening. So 4 shots per day. This is the same as I did with the last ivf cycle except had bc to start instead of estrace. Weirdly looking forward to it. Want to get this ball rolling! Menopur hurts like a b@&ch but the other two are pretty non eventful. Crossing my fingers for 8 or more eggs!

Ask. I don't know what advice to give you as this hasn't been a problem for DH. I do agree with you that I would be annoyed too. Like one job dude. Get it together! I am sure it will all work out ok. Try and not stress hard at this time as there is so much to stress about, I know!

ask- What wishn said is right. Menopur is usually used for DOR/older patients. I was on Follistim/Menopur and used a Cetrotide antagonist. Dude, I TOTALLY get being upset at your DH. Mine didn't have that issue, but when we were still trying naturally he'd bitch about taking vitamins to improve his swimmers and I was like um, I've been poked and prodded and stuck with needles for months, you can suck it up!!! That shut him up. :haha: I know it's annoying but try & be supportive if you can. Seems like the extra pressure is psyching him out. Maybe he can take a pill?

wishn- I didn't get AF until I stopped progesterone, but once I did I got it the next day. I'm sorry you got another BFN. :nope:

secret- So good to see you back here! Did they check antral follicles yet, or will they do that at your baseline?

Thanks secret and scooby. He has pills but didn't take them this morning because he hadn't needed them in awhile and then at that point it was too late and he had to leave for work. He will definitely be taking them tomorrow morning. It's 100% psychological. It really pisses me off! Dude, you are 48 - just get it done! I shouldn't even have to help. It really would make my life so much easier if he could just go to the clinic and do it. It sucks that he most likely won't be able to give a sample during my egg retrieval and we will have to use the frozen sample which is ok but not ideal. Argh!

Scooby they have y checked anything yet. I start estrace on sept 19th and then af and then they will check my cd 2 or 3 and then we get to gettin! I am pissed off at the waiting but excited to get started again and hopefully get our wee baby. I am over being scared to start again but I was for a little while lol no regrets! Let's do this!

As for coming back,weeeelllll I was stalking along the whole time but didn't really have anything positive or helpful to add so I just kept my mouth shut lol

Update- started my period at 2dp5dt. Good luck to everyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->