IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Babies r us, sorry for only getting back to u now pet. I wasn't on BCP before my cycle with origin, my consultant said they never really put people on it before treatment as its only purpose is for planning, he said they only use it when women are starting cycles around Christmas so they can plan appointments around their closures over the holidays. I was originally seen by prof McClure at RVH who decided on the short protocol, then we started seeing him at origin and I hadn't done much research into the various protocols so didn't know the difference in the success rates. He said he was using it cos he was concerned about the risk of OHSS cos of my AMH and my age, and it was our first cycle - my AMH was 17ish I think and I'm 30. I went along with it cos I reckoned he knows best. However at my review appointment, we transferred to dr Heasley as we saw him for most of our appointments and I preferred him anyway, he basically said that, even tho I ended up with OHSS on the short cycle, he wouldn't have used it, he would've used the long protocol from the beginning, his words were "I think prof has been a bit over cautious here using the short protocol" and it explained why I got so few eggs (only 5). I agree with Gemma that if this is ur one and only go, they should take this into consideration and let u have a say in the decision making. I know it's an arsey thing to do, but u should phone and demand to speak to someone and if they won't let u, then ask how you go about making a complaint. U deserve the best shot at this, and if it means taking a risk, as long as ur happy to do so, they should at least give u the option. I will certainly be asking questions if they try to put me on the short protocol again. Thankfully dr Heasley didn't mention the OHSS in his treatment review letter to the royal so hopefully I'll be on the long cycle. I hope this helps, and don't hesitate to ask if you need more answers xo
On the subject of AMH, origin gave me a print out of my blood results and my last AMh was 16 with them and it said below in the guide that this was low. Is this a normal level for my age or does anyone know if it is a bit low?
Gemma, congrats on the twins! I'm absolutely delighted for u! I never had any doubt tho that there'd be double trouble in there!!! Hope ur feeling ok tho, the rest will do u the world of good tho and at least u can put ur feet up and watch all the Xmas telly u want without feeling guilty lol!
Mums the word, hi there!
Hope everyone else is well! I'm hanging a bit today after my work Xmas do last night lol! xo

Thanks for your reply its very helpful because I agree as much info as I have gathered all states the same that BCP isn't used on short protocol. So I am curious about this to begin with, I am going to wait to my scheduler arrives then I'm gonna get on the phone with my list of worries an ask to speak to Dr McManus and find out what I can. If I'm not given valid,, real reasons then I will try the infertility network.
I am grateful for all ur help 😘
Hoping you get some good news soon xxxx

Hey Gemma absolutely loving your new pict huni. I had a feeling it was gonna be 2.. How exciting!! Best Xmas pressie ever I'm sure ur both buzzing.....
Just you take it easy and relax as advised.. I'm sure u feel on cloud 9.
Xoxox

Thank you everyone :) I'm thrilled struggling with sickness but if it stays like this I can cope let's hope the rumours aren't true and sickness is only to get worse with twins it's pretty grim already lol xx

Thank you everyone :) I'm thrilled struggling with sickness but if it stays like this I can cope let's hope the rumours aren't true and sickness is only to get worse with twins it's pretty grim already lol xx

Augh bless you.. It must be really tough on you. And because of what you've come through to get here you probably hate to complain but God luv ya you've not had it easy up to now lol hopefully you sail through the rest xxxx

Hi girls how is everyone??? Any news or any progress with schedules yet?? I'm still feeling very nauseous but got sea band acupressure bands and they seem to be helping a bit definitely taking the edge off just struggling to get those extra calories in me even though I constantly feel like I need to eat.... Keep joking with DH that they obviously have the appetite of their father... But only 7 days and I have my 8 week scan at the RFC can't wait x

I'm grand Gemma, just waiting on my schedule, but I'm not even gonna worry about it for another month at least after hearing how long they're taking. Today was day 9 of BCP, taking it and my folic acid together seems so stupid doesn't it lol! I'm sure ur dying to see ur babies again next week, every milestone is another little miracle! My bestest bud had her little boy on Saturday and it's making me sooooo broody. I really do hope that I'll be in her shoes this time next year, in the meantime I can enjoy spoiling him!
Hope everyone is well, and is nearly finished up work for the holidays xo

Hi all
Was in contact with RVH and although they haven't got my AMH back they are going ahead and starting me on nasal spray 27th Dec. I believe i am scheduled for egg collection 24th jan. Anyone else got their schedules yet??
Hope everyone's sorted for Christmas. I'm glad it's this month as its been soooo stressful trying to get all the shopping done. Still have some to do :0(
Hope everyone keeping well. X

Hi every1
Just want to wish you girls a happy christmas. Good luck to those starting treatment over the hols & here's to 2013 BFPs & babies :kiss:

:dust:

:xmas4::xmas3::xmas16::xmas17:

Happy Christmas threebirds. Roll on 2013 and the BFPs!!! New year new start. Happy Christmas everyone!! X

happy christmas ladies heres to a happy new year with lots of bfp's!!

Threebirds i just recieved a letter a few days ago from the rfc to let me know my amh was low im so disappointed but have been reading through some of your posts and have ordered some flaxseed oil tonight and coenzyneq10 and wheatgrass i already have been taking royal jelly and maca since finding out my fsh is high so i just feel like a walking pill box im sure id rattle if shaken and going on a big time health kick after christmas is over (saying this mid devouring a box of lindor chocolates think im nearing end of the box lol) but in all seriousness im so motivated now to do it i havent actually been told how low yet but have another app now in jan im sure she is bringing me back to discuss donner egg option and letting me know i have a lower chance now girls im desperate to get this body to produce a good batch of eggs willing to do anything we are now considering going away for icsi before our free nhs cycle here which is due in june because i really do think im going through early menopause i have alot of symptoms and know that time is all too precious any advice ladies im all ears!!

christmas - heres to us all doing santa next year!!

Merry Christmas girls! Tried to get DH let me open a pressie at midnight but he's having none of it!
Tinkertailors, I def think you should go for it if u can. Wouldn't it be amazing to not need the free cycle?? And if it doesn't work out u can defer for 3 months I think until u feel ready to go down that road again, so u have time.
I'm now on day 15 of BCP, and am wondering if anyone else had felt nauseous since starting it? I even took a test today to check I wasn't preggers I'm feeling so ill, especially first thing and last thing at night. Obviously it was negative (u never get used to the single line, even when u KNOW), but I just wanna know why I've puked 3 evenings and 2 mornings this week, and have cramps that feel like ovulation pain, and weird twinges down below (sorry tmi). I hate taking it anyway but I never felt like this all those years I was on it before.
My other news this week is that I've been asked to be Godmother to my best friends little boy who was born on 16th. He's a wee dote, and I'm so chuffed to be asked.
Anyway, I really hope we're all on the right track to Bfp's in 2013. xo

hi girlies hope everyone had a lovely christmas.. hows everyone doin? i got spoilt rotten quite a relaxin one but lovely at the same time. So i still never heard about schedule so decided to phone nurse today, she said it was ready just with admin and told me when i was startin nasals etc etc and im booked for EC on 21 feb still feels a long way away but glad i finally know some dates.. nervous now. Has any other girls heard or phoned?

Gemma how are things with you how was your scan any piccys?? xx

Hey wifey, I haven't heard anything yet but doubt I'll hear anything for another few weeks, I'm only just about to finish my first pack of BCP. Had a lovely Christmas, ate way to much and am now sick of the sight of turkey and spuds! That's fab that you've got dates to look forward to, you'll be starting the meds pretty soon, I'm sure u can't wait to get hold of them and get started! I'm still feeling pretty queasy, was saying to DH that if everything works out for us I could have another 6 months of feeling crap to look forward to, but it'll all be worth it! xo

Glad u had fab christmas, i think everyone eats until they can't move i said i was gonna be good but i gave in to easy lol .. as for feeling sick with BCP I've been on a few different BCP from i was younger as i've had pretty bad AF pains etc and the microgynin is the only one (which im on now) that agrees with me. When i was on other i got really down and sick etc i still get my moment with feeling sicky but it's not as bad as others so you might be one of those ones that it doesn't agree with you. Whenever i rang last time they said that you can be on the BCP for up to 60 days when i start ill be on it 70 days or so so hopefully they are quicker and you don't have to be as long as me.. i don't think you will because mines was longer because of christmas etc. i know what you mean about the sickness but its all for good reason so we don't mind.

It does give you something to look forward to after christmas and new year etc can't wait anxious but in good way. doesn't seem real until i get started said to DH today i went on the phone expecting them to say the same as last time and get no answers so still think hasn't sunk in yet. The nurse said something about the 20th of jan i think it was stop the BCP but i start nasal 4 days before stopping so i guess we will have to collect meds and injection training before that so as long as we are doing something and the ball is rolling then i don't mind. xx

Hey Girls,
How's everyone doing?
Has the morning sickness kicked in yet Gemma?
What lousy weather! Def a sofa kind of day :)
Any1 heading out tonight? Me & DH will cook ourselves a big dinner, watch a film & some jools holland. I reckon AF will get me before the day is out. I'll just have to console myself with some fizz tonight!

Here's to 2013 babies & BFPs and a happy year for everyone

:hug:

XXX

Hi girls

Wow it's got quiet in here!! Yes threebirds the sickness has hit pretty hard but for anti sickness meds that have helped a bit!! But a reassuring sign I think!!

Wifeyw I had my scan on Thursday at 8wks and they are both doing great here's a wee pic it wasn't a great scan but they are measuring exactly were the are meant to :) and lovely strong heartbeats :) first pic is of the both of them and the second is baby A!!

Wishing you lovely girls a happy 2013 and can't wait to see the 2013 BFP and babies xx

Attachments

• ru8BC.jpg
    ru8BC.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 6
  • uuvQ3.jpg
    uuvQ3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRLIES!!! Hoping everyone gets their BFP 2013 fingers crossed xx

Gemma - wow amazing scans so so glad everything showed up well and healthy so excited for you when your due date did they say? lovely summer babies.. next christmas will be an exciting and eventful one for you's lol and hopefully the rest of us girlies got a good feeling about 2013 xx

Sorry if i forget anyone hope you all had a lovely christmas and new year xx

mumstheword hows the nasals going any nasty side effects?x

Tinkertailors - how low was your AMH level if you don't mind me asking? x

Threebirds - how are you did AF arrive?

babiesrus - how is things with u too? did you hear anything yet?

twinklemama- hope the sickness has worn off alittle for you.

Hiya wifey :) and a happy new year to you! X

Im still waiting on af, have the sorest boobs & cramping so she cant be far away!

:hugs: everyone

Gemma, love your scan pics x

Heres to the year ahead x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back