IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

What meds are you on babies r us? r u on nasals? think the SYN is your DRing and STI is your stims and LUT is lupron triggershot if your on that thats my guess :-/

Hey girls thanks I'm so chuffed. But very anxious an googling away but I'm actually gonna stop it now because ya only put ur own head away... What works for some girls doesn't for others. We all no better than most!
My injection training an meds collection is the 25th jan the day before I begin metformin 500mg with microgynon for 7 days then I increase to 1000mg metformin for a further 7 days. Then menopur 150 iu & metformin 1000mg for 2 days then on 3rd day I introduce cetrotide 0.250mg for the next 9 days.
That runs me until 20/02. The next 3 days are free before I start gels. So I imagine ec an et is between them 3 days.
The nurse did say on the phone that they will be monitoring me very closely and scanning me more regularly so they can judge if they need to tweak the meds, they will also no nearer the time when my exact day of ec will be, but it should only be give or take a day or 2. So I imagine they're aiming for around 20/02.
It's all so real when it's In your hand although if I'm honest it may well be written in Spanish for the much sence it makes to me lol

Wifeyw I'm really hoping ur's arrives on Monday if not get on the phone. We are gonna be roughly round the same time so it's definately coming huni.. You know how you just have to remind them an re-remind them.

Thanks for your support girls I so so appreciate it. I was so excited to share my news with you all.😘😘
xoxoxo

Ps wifeyw no I'm not using nasal at all but they did tell me that a few weeks ago which really stressed me out but it seems because I'm classed as a high responder I don't need to D Reg. Apparently with high responders its not necessary as I already produce a lot of eggs an its the quality they need to concentrate on. There is also a higher risk of OHSS with the long protocol in high responders which could ultimately lead to aborting treatment. Which I definately don't want. 😨
I'm just trusting that they are the experts and I have to have faith that this is my best shot 🙏🙏

Babies r us, I was on Cetrotide as well, and had EC 2 days after it finished if that helps. Wee bit advice with it, get urself a tube of hydrocortisone cream/gel from the chemist-my tummy itched like MAD for a couple of hours after the Cetrotide very time I took it, the only thing that helped was lathering on hydrocortisone and putting a cold facecloth over it for a bit. Not everyone gets the itch but have yourself prepared anyway! But double check with the nurses that it's ok to do it.
Wifey, let's hope yours arrives on Monday pet xo

Hey girls my day finally arrived...... I'm officially in receipt of my schedule 😅 I must have read over it about 10 times and I'm still none the wiser lol I am excited to say the least an yes twinklemama it is nice to see it all written down. It comes in like a coloured timetable broke down into 3 colours. The first is orange SYN days then yellow STI days then blue LUT days. I haven't a clue what these are but I'm exhausted reading it.
Do any other girls no what these days stand for?
Wifeyw ur's must be coming really soon get on the fone on Monday huni.
I will post the meds up tomorrow because I'm too tired now with all the excitement of it..
xoxoxo

Aww huni that's fantastic about time!!!!!!:happydance: I'm sure you are so relieved :hugs: I believe SYN stands for pcos (refers to syndrome) when they use metformin to reduce blood sugar levels and get your ovaries under control then comes STI - Stimming and that's when they stimulate your ovaries you will trigger with your centrotide to stop premature ovulation then you go for egg collection... LUT stands for luteal phase which starts after collection and leads up to test day! I hope that helps it's totally different from my schedule but my friend just done an antagonist cycle and this is what she told me xxx

Hi everyone. Been away for a wedding and missed loads on here. Hope everyone keeping well. Glad to see the schedules coming through. It's great when you have a date to start, instead of waiting and waiting...
I have been taking nasals with no real side affects I guess. Plain sailing so far. Start injections this week. Trying to remain calm, stress free and hopeful!

Twinklemama yikes doesn't sound to cosy 😪 I'm not even good with needles so this is gonna be tough but I'm taking my mum with me to the pre treatment appointment so she can learn also incase I just can't do it.. I've passed out a few times having injections lol I'm like a big baby.
Better to have a back up though eh x
I've not heard good reports about the metformin either but I just keep telling myself its only 4weeks my body can withstand this to get what I've wanted for soooooooo long!

Thanks Gemma for the info. I've never actually been told I have PCOS so I will definately be asking that at my appointment.
Did your friend have success? I hate to even ask 😪
I hope ur keeping well mrs an ur little bundles aren't causing you too much grief.
Mumstheword21 how long have you left on the nasal to do? When is ur EC I'm sure ur really excited now xo

I think the SYN part must be to do with you being a high responder which will be the same as pcos....

Yes she did it at RFC 3 years ago and had twins..... :) xxx

I think the SYN part must be to do with you being a high responder which will be the same as pcos....

Yea Gemma. That's fab news. Both success stories with twins xx
Yes I was thinking that's maybe it myself..
Just staying positive an 🙏 hard!!
xoxoxo

Twinklemama yikes doesn't sound to cosy 😪 I'm not even good with needles so this is gonna be tough but I'm taking my mum with me to the pre treatment appointment so she can learn also incase I just can't do it.. I've passed out a few times having injections lol I'm like a big baby.
Better to have a back up though eh x
I've not heard good reports about the metformin either but I just keep telling myself its only 4weeks my body can withstand this to get what I've wanted for soooooooo long!

Thanks Gemma for the info. I've never actually been told I have PCOS so I will definately be asking that at my appointment.
Did your friend have success? I hate to even ask 😪
I hope ur keeping well mrs an ur little bundles aren't causing you too much grief.
Mumstheword21 how long have you left on the nasal to do? When is ur EC I'm sure ur really excited now xo

Hi babies are us! Haven't been on this in a while since our treatment! Glad everyone is getting started! Just for your information I have pcos and a high responder they tried me on metaformin and it made me really sick I actuallyfainted in the Rfc because of it! It mucked about with my blood sugars as I am not insulin resistant which is meant to be common in pcos so definitely ask them about it if you don't have pcos insulin resistance. When taking it make sure you eat especially breakfast as it will help if it make you feel the way I did!

Good luck everyone!

Hey girls thanks I'm so chuffed. But very anxious an googling away but I'm actually gonna stop it now because ya only put ur own head away... What works for some girls doesn't for others. We all no better than most!
My injection training an meds collection is the 25th jan the day before I begin metformin 500mg with microgynon for 7 days then I increase to 1000mg metformin for a further 7 days. Then menopur 150 iu & metformin 1000mg for 2 days then on 3rd day I introduce cetrotide 0.250mg for the next 9 days.
That runs me until 20/02. The next 3 days are free before I start gels. So I imagine ec an et is between them 3 days.
The nurse did say on the phone that they will be monitoring me very closely and scanning me more regularly so they can judge if they need to tweak the meds, they will also no nearer the time when my exact day of ec will be, but it should only be give or take a day or 2. So I imagine they're aiming for around 20/02.
It's all so real when it's In your hand although if I'm honest it may well be written in Spanish for the much sence it makes to me lol

Wifeyw I'm really hoping ur's arrives on Monday if not get on the phone. We are gonna be roughly round the same time so it's definately coming huni.. You know how you just have to remind them an re-remind them.

Thanks for your support girls I so so appreciate it. I was so excited to share my news with you all.😘😘
xoxoxo

Ps wifeyw no I'm not using nasal at all but they did tell me that a few weeks ago which really stressed me out but it seems because I'm classed as a high responder I don't need to D Reg. Apparently with high responders its not necessary as I already produce a lot of eggs an its the quality they need to concentrate on. There is also a higher risk of OHSS with the long protocol in high responders which could ultimately lead to aborting treatment. Which I definately don't want. 😨
I'm just trusting that they are the experts and I have to have faith that this is my best shot 🙏🙏

Best of luck with it! I'm sure the RFC will watch you carefully. I'm way off my treatment yet but will be mooching around on this thread to see how it all goes for ya's ! It's good to see success stories and treatments go to plan, having a shred of positivity is part of the battle I reckon! If they do put you on metformin, def take it with or before food, side affects only lasted a few days with me, now it's like taking paracetamol! I'm hoping its doing good for the wee eggies ! And it'll help with reducing ohss apparently

X:dust:

GemmaG-congratulations btw! hope you don't mind me asking but was this your first attempt at IVF @ RFC ? Just trying to manage my own expectations of my first go coming up, have convinced myself that Ivf never works first time and haven't had a great impression of some consultants at RFC so far. They go on about risks of twin pregnancies but in my view they're a gift especially when women go through years of grief to even get pregnant !

Hopefaith, I'm of exactly the same opinion as u, I'd love to have twins, one baby would be amazing but 2 would be my world complete! Unfortunately we only had one embie last time so I'm praying hard that we get more next time.
Babiesrus, it's def better to have a back up in case u chicken out, DH was with me for my first training and I very nearly let him to do but when i saw the way he held the syringe I grabbed it back-he looked like he was gonna stab me with it!!
Just wondering if u girls could give me the number to ring to check about schedule etc? I've been on BCP for 4 weeks now, and might just give them a bell to check my form arrived safely with them.
Hope everyone else is well! xo

Hopefaith, I'm of exactly the same opinion as u, I'd love to have twins, one baby would be amazing but 2 would be my world complete! Unfortunately we only had one embie last time so I'm praying hard that we get more next time.
Babiesrus, it's def better to have a back up in case u chicken out, DH was with me for my first training and I very nearly let him to do but when i saw the way he held the syringe I grabbed it back-he looked like he was gonna stab me with it!!
Just wondering if u girls could give me the number to ring to check about schedule etc? I've been on BCP for 4 weeks now, and might just give them a bell to check my form arrived safely with them.
Hope everyone else is well! xo

Lol at DH mine would be the same that's why I would'nt even take him lol
Yes huni the number is 90635888 yea give them a ring I think I started ringin after 4 weeks also as a few girls on here got their schedules after 3 an started treatment around 35 days on BCP, fingers x'd for you xoxoxo

Hi ladies I am new to this site, well been stalking it for a while and have decided to join in. I am unfortunately not new to TTC and the joys of IVF, I went through my first cycle of IVF with RFC and a miracle happened and I got pregnant with twins - unfortunately our life fell apart and I had pre-term labour at 19 weeks and sadly the twins only lived for a short while and then passed away. We got the courage up and went through another IVF cycle with RFC and it sadly didnt work. We are gearing ourselves up now for our 3rd IVF (cant believe it) we are only at the planning stages and cant decide where to go Origin, RFC or GCRM - I would appreciate any advice you could give me and any experience you have had with the other clinics as I have only experienced RFC. Many Thanks xx

Hi there Hope17, I'm so sorry to hear about what u have been through, I can't imagine how u have coped, but u must be very brave gearing up to try again. I had an unsuccessful cycle at origin during the summer and couldn't recommend them highly enough, the admin side needs a bit of work but the doctors, nurses and embryologist were all amazing, gave really clear advice and looked after me really well. Dr Heasley was our main contact so I'd recommend him but Dr Dakios was good aswell when I saw him for scans. Hope this helps xo

Hi girlies... so excited finally it has arrived today ( not yesterday like suppose to) I've to collect meds and injections traiining on the 23rd of january and start nasals on the 25th. so glad it's down in writing though.

Babiesrus - we are deffo days apart if things to go plan our EC will prob b same time or day apart.x

twinklemama - have you phoned them yet? i agree about the twin thing too. i might be cheeky and ask them anyway even though i know they have to take into consideration everything wouldn't hurt.x

Hope17 - welcome.. i'm sorry to hear about your losses.. i can't imagine how that must of felt. i hope this time everythings is smooth running. x

GemmaG-congratulations btw! hope you don't mind me asking but was this your first attempt at IVF @ RFC ? Just trying to manage my own expectations of my first go coming up, have convinced myself that Ivf never works first time and haven't had a great impression of some consultants at RFC so far. They go on about risks of twin pregnancies but in my view they're a gift especially when women go through years of grief to even get pregnant !

Hopefaith yes this was our first attempt :) I really couldn't believe it when it worked and I love that we are having twins although I am also concerned with the risks I'm just hoping this is it for us they truly are a gift xx

Hope17 welcome.. I'm so sorry to hear of ur horrific journey God bless you, can't imagine how hard things have been. Go u for having the strength to have another go. I hope it's all worth it. I can't really help u as my only experience is with RFC which u have previous experience with anyway but I'm sure ul get some help on here.

Wifeyw yeaaaaa so happy for you. Fab news I'm sure ur schedule is completely different to mine since ur on long protocol. Is any meds the same? I'm sure Uve read it over an over, I did even though its double Dutch haha

Twinklemama did you give them a call? If so did u get any info
Xoxoxoxoxoxo

yeah its totally different to yours. i'm on 4mcg suprecur from 25th jan until my last day of injections 4 times a day. I don't know if that recommended dose or low or high etc. and then i start 150 IU of gonal-f stims 900 pen on the 9th of feb until 15th the ive to take 150 IU using 300 pen until 16th the 112.500 IU using 300 pen on 17th and 18th then 75IU using 300 pen then 3 day break for EC etc and start 1.120g crinone gel until test day. I think 150 is normal dose but i'm not sure. It doesn't say about trigger shot on mines though should it? confusing...

it does say nasal might need up'ed tho :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->