IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Hi babiesrus, I'm grand thanx, just waiting patiently on my schedule. Think I might give them a buzz tomoro, that will be a week since my last call. Not long for u and wifey now!!!

mumstheword - Hopefully the upped dose will do it's job and just kick start some more lovely follies. x

babiesrus - I'm ok apart from this spotting its not full AF but its worse than spotting sorry if TMI .. next week can't come quick enough i'm sure your the same. how have you been?x

hi mumtobe - it's very exciting whenever you get to the top. this forms is a life saver for me and many of the girls so i think you done right to join. you and twinklemama are around the same time it also helps to have another girl there who's going through it at same time. good luck x

twinklemama - keep on at them give them a wee ring x

Hi twinkle mama. I was due to start the pill Nov 22nd. Dh and were at RFC that day for him to have bloods taken so nurse spoke to someone about me starting pill and they asked me to hold off for a month as with Christmas I would end up being on it for over 2 month. I'm now on day 28. I have no idea what protocol I'll be on and haven't gotten a schedule yet- do you think I should ring back and ask. When I called last week to ask when I would be starting the receptionist said they were just waiting on a doctor to sign off on the schedule so maybe they will be sending it out soon anyway.

Hey girls glad ur all doing well.
Twinklemama keep on at them now til you get your schedule. They hopefully won't be too long now luv ur nearly there.
Wifeyw I'm anxious but really can't wait to get off this BCP I'm bloody miserable honestly. I'm on day 82 now 😪 and I hateeeeee it. I had to order my 5th pack on Monday. Argggg
Welcome mum2b I love ur alias name proper positive thinking good for you love. Can you pass some of that my way lol
You'll not be too far behind us an ul get great support here it's a life saver honestly
xoxo

Hi girls. Just an update really. Was in for second scan today and I've 2 growing on my left ovary and none on the right. Didn't expect there to be much change from Tuesdays scan but at least the two I have are growing. Next scan tues when I know whether the egg extraction will go ahead. Here's hoping!!
Hope everyone keeping well and happy it's the weekend. I'm well snowed in at this stage so I don't think I'll be up to much.
Hi mum2be. I had a look at your posts and taut u were me for a while. Easily confused. Lol. This forum brilliant! Glad to hear you got to the top of the list.
Babies r us... Another packet?? Aw!! The misery will be over soon... Can't believe how long you've had to wait! :0(

Hi girls, hope everyone is enjoying the snow!! My poor DH has to get up early in the morning and drive to Dublin in it to get his flight to Dubai. He's away for 2 weeks and I'm dreading it cos this stupid BCP has me like an emotional wreck!

Mumstheword, glad to hear ur follies are growing, I'm sure they'll go ahead with the collection :)

Mum2be, u should probably give them a phone if u haven't got ur schedule, just to check its coming. A couple of the girls on here have been messed about badly by them, they just seem so laid back by the whole thing while we're all stressing ourselves silly! Once u eat ur schedule you'll know what type of protocol they've got u on but most people seem to get the long one. I don't know what I'm gonna be on yet for definite but have a fair idea from what my consultant at origin had said.

AFM, I rang yesterday to pester them (since mum2be is behind me on BCP, I thought they might have something for me). The nurse said there wasn't anything to say that I'd been scheduled yet so she took my details and said she'd go and find out and ring me straight back...........I'm still waiting on her to call :( I seriously don't know how that place can function when no-one EVER seems to do what they say they're going to!! I'll ring again on Monday to hopefully find out, but I'm thinking they've forgotten about me.

Anyway, hope everyone is staying safe in this weather xo

Hello again ladies. I can safely say I have learned more about IVF in the few weeks I have been reading this forum than I had in the past 2 years. Babies r us I am thinking very optimistically at the moment but then again I'm new to all this and haven't had to deal with the harsh reality of it all yet. I know the odds of success are stacked against us so no doubt the closer I get to treatment the less positive I'll feel.
So my schedule arrived yesterday- have you got yours yet twinklemama? I have heard lots of horror stories about the admin staff at RFC so completely understand your frustration with them. The receptionists can be quite rude too which doesn't help matters. I'm not sure which protocol I'm on- basically I have to take nasal spray (suprecure) from Feb 12 to 25th. Then I'm on Gonal-F from 26th to March 10. The next 3 days are blank then start Crinone Gel the 14th so I imagine that means expected Ec and Et between the 11th and 13th? I'm thinking this is long protocol but not too sure.

Hey mum2be, that's fab getting your schedule, im sure ur so excited to see it on paper. It sounds like ur on the long protocol, the nasal sprays switch off ur own hormones so the drugs do all the work as far as I know. EC should be 12th or 13th I think, I'm fairly sure we get a drug-free day the day before EC. Some of the other girls will probably know better as I didn't do this protocol last time. I haven't received mine yet, and I didn't get a chance to ring them yesterday. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that they might ring on Monday morning, but if not, I'll be on the phone on Monday afternoon. I've got the flu anyway so its the last thing on my mind today :( I took my pill 45mins ago and am trying desperately not to be sick for a while so I don't bring it up again (sorry tmi!). Does anyone know if you need to take another if you puke? Xo

mumstheword - Hopefully the upped dose will do it's job and just kick start some more lovely follies. x

babiesrus - I'm ok apart from this spotting its not full AF but its worse than spotting sorry if TMI .. next week can't come quick enough i'm sure your the same. how have you been?x

hi mumtobe - it's very exciting whenever you get to the top. this forms is a life saver for me and many of the girls so i think you done right to join. you and twinklemama are around the same time it also helps to have another girl there who's going through it at same time. good luck x

Hey wifeyw I've started staining quite bad now an my tummy is so sore I feel like I do before my period comes only worse. Are u still spotting? Did you speak to the nurses when it started with you? I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now.. xo

Babiesrus - I've been the same actually more like period starting yesterday and the pain - oh wow they r so sore with me so I'm not suprised you are that way too.

I haven't phoned as I'm up wednesday for injection training anyways and everyone on here has said it's normal. Roll on 8 more days until I'm BCP free. How many more days have you left? I read that whenever you get spotting that it means your ovaries are well supressed so i guess that could only mean it's good so as long as it's not really heavy that's how i have been seeing it..x

mum2be - I'm sure your excited now you finally got your schedule, it's long protocol it's same as i'm on what dose have they got you on? wish you all the best of luck x

mumstheword- keep resting up and get plenty sleep and hopefully more little follies have grow and everything goes ahead for you. easy said than done but at this point stayin positive is key x

twinklemama- i'd give them a call i was tryin to give them benifit of the doubt but after a week i phoned and they still hadn't done it so they do need alittle bit of a push. Hope you feel better i've got cold coming on too which i didn't want can't stop sneezing and that will be worse to try stop when i'm on nasals so tryin to rest as i'm snowed in too x

Hope all you lovely girlies r keeping well too x

Babiesrus - I've been the same actually more like period starting yesterday and the pain - oh wow they r so sore with me so I'm not suprised you are that way too.

I haven't phoned as I'm up wednesday for injection training anyways and everyone on here has said it's normal. Roll on 8 more days until I'm BCP free. How many more days have you left? I read that whenever you get spotting that it means your ovaries are well supressed so i guess that could only mean it's good so as long as it's not really heavy that's how i have been seeing it..x

Hey Mrs it's horrible I just wish I was off it. I am on day 84 another 12 to go. It's been too long if u ask me. I am really worried about over suppression with being on it so long! (Really hope I'm wrong but I've not felt good bout taking BCP for so long)
xoxo

i know i'm the same i'm only on day 71 but i've my questions wrote and everything left with all my stuff to take with me and i'll be asking the nurse i'm sure it's not good but i'm sure they will shrug it off and put it down to xmas etc. how you feeling now it's getting close? i've been going through the emotions. my best friend from when i was younger had her little girl on friday and i was in tears that day i have to go visit her this week but had to gather myself first but i've been emotional wreck and quiet snappy which is not me.. i've been positive up to now and now i don't know for whatever reason i'm having mixed feelings about it all and thinking it doesn't work for everyone first time and to be honest this is our only hope going private for another go just isn't do-able right now for us i think that adds to the pressure. :-(

i know i'm the same i'm only on day 71 but i've my questions wrote and everything left with all my stuff to take with me and i'll be asking the nurse i'm sure it's not good but i'm sure they will shrug it off and put it down to xmas etc. how you feeling now it's getting close? i've been going through the emotions. my best friend from when i was younger had her little girl on friday and i was in tears that day i have to go visit her this week but had to gather myself first but i've been emotional wreck and quiet snappy which is not me.. i've been positive up to now and now i don't know for whatever reason i'm having mixed feelings about it all and thinking it doesn't work for everyone first time and to be honest this is our only hope going private for another go just isn't do-able right now for us i think that adds to the pressure. :-(

Yes I'm pretty much the same I am tryin my hardest to be positive but I'm just a nervous wreck.
I'm jus worrying constantly about every little thing! I'm tryin not to buf it's so hard.
I feel so jealous of everyone who either has a baby or announces their pregnant an I feel horrible an nasty for it but I just can't help it😪
What are you taking with you to ur pre start? I've a list of questions to take with me. When's ur day, is it wed? xoxo

Aww big hugs.. i know what you mean it is so hard but hopefully soon we will get our BFP and we will soon get our little bundles of joy eh..

Yeah i've just got a clear folder with my schedule and a book and pen with my questions etc anything i remember i want to ask i write it down in there and it will be handy incase i need to write things down and just my diary i have. Yeah it is wednesday at 1:40pm but it says to collect meds about 20 mins before. I sat wrote myself out an eatting plan too so i can stick to it with work etc because i'm usually one these ones if i don't feel hungry ill not eat.. and i never drink water unless i workout so thats another thing i've to try get used to but once i get into the swing of things it will be fine.

When is your appointment was it saturday? I've tried to work out times with spray when i will take them but not sure about timing between i think you can have 4 hours between and at night it has to be 9 hour gap aswell so i was working out i'd take mines 7am,11am,3pm,7pm but have to wait to see what the nurse says. i'm not sure about ID for meds etc i've heard that being mentions but i don't know if you need to bring that with you but i might take mines just incase :-/ xxx

Hi girls. I didn't need ID for meds but just make sure and tell them your collecting you ivf meds as when I went over for a top up they didn't have my script. I waited 40 mins to be told to go to RFC and collect it myself - which I did - then back to pharmacy to take a number and wait another 20 mins! If you tell them that you should get them pretty promptly!
I spaced my nasal sprays out every 5 hours. 7 am, 12pm, 5pm, 10pm which left exactly 9 hour break til I took them again at 7am.
Goodluck with your training this week.
I'm in for last scan tomoro. Nervous.

Aww big hugs.. i know what you mean it is so hard but hopefully soon we will get our BFP and we will soon get our little bundles of joy eh..

Yeah i've just got a clear folder with my schedule and a book and pen with my questions etc anything i remember i want to ask i write it down in there and it will be handy incase i need to write things down and just my diary i have. Yeah it is wednesday at 1:40pm but it says to collect meds about 20 mins before. I sat wrote myself out an eatting plan too so i can stick to it with work etc because i'm usually one these ones if i don't feel hungry ill not eat.. and i never drink water unless i workout so thats another thing i've to try get used to but once i get into the swing of things it will be fine.

When is your appointment was it saturday? I've tried to work out times with spray when i will take them but not sure about timing between i think you can have 4 hours between and at night it has to be 9 hour gap aswell so i was working out i'd take mines 7am,11am,3pm,7pm but have to wait to see what the nurse says. i'm not sure about ID for meds etc i've heard that being mentions but i don't know if you need to bring that with you but i might take mines just incase :-/ xxx

Yes here's hoping it won't be too long until we r sharing r happy BFP news!!

Yes I'm pretty much the same with my diary an notepad an schedule. I'm jotting stuff down to ask so I don't get in an my mind goes blank which happens to me when I go there. I am really not looking forward to the injection part 😪 I'm such a big wimp lol

My appointment is Friday morning an I start metformin on Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to stopping the BCP next Friday I'm counting down the days.. That is one questioning I will be drumming with them. 96days is a lot an I will be emphasising my worries in relation to this!

With regards to the eating thing I've no problems there unfortunately lol I enjoy my food too much an ive been drinking 2l of water a day for a while now. I do drink coffee though an although no-one has told me not to I've seen on here different girls saying that you shouldn't. So I will need to find that out as well.

I'm sure ur super excited. Only really 1 more day to wait then once u get today over u. Can't wait to hear how u get on.😘😘

We will probably be starting injections around the same time as although I've no nasal I have this metformin to do..
Exciting/scary/happy/anxious/nervous/worried/POSITIVE.... All at once.
xoxoxo

Hi girls. I didn't need ID for meds but just make sure and tell them your collecting you ivf meds as when I went over for a top up they didn't have my script. I waited 40 mins to be told to go to RFC and collect it myself - which I did - then back to pharmacy to take a number and wait another 20 mins! If you tell them that you should get them pretty promptly!
I spaced my nasal sprays out every 5 hours. 7 am, 12pm, 5pm, 10pm which left exactly 9 hour break til I took them again at 7am.
Goodluck with your training this week.
I'm in for last scan tomoro. Nervous.

Mumstheword21 thanks. My appointments early so il give myself plenty of time to get parked etc as I know how it can be at times up there.
I'm sure ur super excited an nervous at the same time to get ur scan. I am praying it will be good news for you! Positive thoughts to you 😘😘
xoxoxo

Hey ladies, I can't believe it's all so close now for u lot! So excited for u all! xo
Mumstheword, good luck for your scan tomoro, hope u get good news!
I phoned the hospital this morning as I'm still vomiting with the flu and was worried about the BCP. The instructions said to take another but I threw that up too, so was panicking, the nurse said just stick to one a day. And I've finally been scheduled! My EC is booked for 9th April, so I won't be starting any time soon. I gave them dates of DH's work trips up to the end of march so they must've thought he'd be home after then and booked EC around that, but he'll be away again, he only knew dates up til end of march at that point! Anyway I'll be on BCP about 90 days by then which is just ridiculous! I wish I'd thought to ask if I could take the 7 day break after this pack finishing today and run it continuously from the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->