IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Thanks babies r us and twinkle mama. Nervous but excited too. I hope they've grown so we can go ahead with this round of treatment. Fingers crossed. Xx

Hey ladies, I can't believe it's all so close now for u lot! So excited for u all! xo
Mumstheword, good luck for your scan tomoro, hope u get good news!
I phoned the hospital this morning as I'm still vomiting with the flu and was worried about the BCP. The instructions said to take another but I threw that up too, so was panicking, the nurse said just stick to one a day. And I've finally been scheduled! My EC is booked for 9th April, so I won't be starting any time soon. I gave them dates of DH's work trips up to the end of march so they must've thought he'd be home after then and booked EC around that, but he'll be away again, he only knew dates up til end of march at that point! Anyway I'll be on BCP about 90 days by then which is just ridiculous! I wish I'd thought to ask if I could take the 7 day break after this pack finishing today and run it continuously from the next one.

I'm exactly the same I can't get my head round the length or time spent on BCP I just keep going on about it but its because I just can't get how this can help success. I understand a pack or a regular month but 5 packs just doesn't seem right. Hopefully I'm wrong am were stressing about it unnecessarily 🙏🙏 xoxo

Mumstheword- Thanks for the advice i will take that on board about the 5 hours apart i don't think it would work for me that way with work but we will see. hope everything goes well tomarrow fingers crossed xx

babiesrus- I know tell me about it i'm big tea drinker like 10 a day and i'm tryin to cut that down to 2 a day and more water.

As for being excited.. i can't until tomarrows over Dreading tomarrow i've to go for root filling and i hate dentists so i can't focus on the pre app until i get that over with. I don't know if it's me worryin about the injection to freeze my tooth will affect the nasal etc because i've to get it done in 2 parts he said so go tomarrow and back again for 2nd part to get done which is weird but i need it done and wonderin weather i should cancel or not until after the whole thing :-/

Fridays not long away so it will go in quick for you. is Metformin in an injection?

twinklemama - so glad you got a date although EC can change depending on how things goes i've heard, I told DH not to book it off until more near the time until we know exactly if thats the date for ours. I had though about doin that with taking a break if my schedule hadn't came i think it would be wise. x

Well girls. Still not looking great. Had scan this morning and 1 follicle is 18mm and the other is behind it and a little smaller. They asked me if I wanted to go ahead and I said yes! Feck it - it could be my only chance! So egg collection Thursday morning. Will no then whether I have a whole one egg or two! Hopefully it's the latter so I have 2 to fertilise!!

Hi girls can't believe most of you are still on your BCP!!! That is ridiculous but least the finishing line is almost near......... I'm rooting for you all:hugs: :hugs: It won't be long for these 2013 BFP :dust::dust:

If any of you need to ask any questions that I can help with just give me a shout :thumbup: I'm still popping in and out to check how you are all getting on (bit of a stalker lol feel like an intruder now in lttc) but I know you girls have got this!! Really wishing you all the best of luck and positive thoughts!!

Much love G xxx

Well girls. Still not looking great. Had scan this morning and 1 follicle is 18mm and the other is behind it and a little smaller. They asked me if I wanted to go ahead and I said yes! Feck it - it could be my only chance! So egg collection Thursday morning. Will no then whether I have a whole one egg or two! Hopefully it's the latter so I have 2 to fertilise!!

Mumstheword just wanted to wish you all the best for Thursday :hugs: let's hope you have two special little eggs waiting for you but just remember it only takes one :hugs: I know we all focus on egg numbers but ultimately it's quality as I found out...... I bet you have a little strong eggie in there xxxx

Wifeyw no metformin is tablet I take 500mg for 7 days then 1000mg for the rest of my treatment.. (Mixed reports about it but we'll see I'm sure it's like everything wit this treatment everyone reacts/responds differently)
I'm hoping u get on ok at ur dentist then ul b ready for tomorrow yikessss..

Hey Gemma good to hear from u. I'm so glad ur doin well an ur little babies are also. So happy for you luv.
Yes it's scary still on the BCP I'm fuming tbh I will be highlighting this at my pre treatment app.

Mumstheword try an stay positive as Gemma says you only need one good egg. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.
Xoxoxo

Hey girls!
I'm so glad ur going on ahead with EC mumstheword, u might as well go for it and as Gemma says it only takes one!
Wifey, I'm a dentist so can give u clear advice lol!! Get ur root canal done ASAP, the injections will not interact with the nasals, and the best thing u can do is get it over with cos 1. U won't have another thing to worry about, and 2. If u end up in pain during the 2ww u definitely won't want to undergo treatment or take antibiotics or ibuprofen to settle the pain, and 3. If u get ur BFP, u won't be able to get an X-ray if the dentist needs to use one to check the lengths of the roots or to check how successful its been.
Hope everyone else is well, I'm still off work with the flu, just had a house all from the doctor and he asked me "are u sure ur not pregnant?" YES, I'm sure lol!! Anyway he gave me anti sickness medication to dissolve in my mouth so hopefully they'll work as I'm feeling like poo! xo

mumstheword - well done for going ahead and i agree with the other girls i will say alittle prayer for you that everything goes well xx good luck

Gemma - How are you seems like ages now you were in our position. Glad your keeping okxx

babiesrus- well let's hope metformin is nice to u eh! lol heres hoping! I ended up having to cancel my appointment in the end not down to because i wasn't sure but there was no way i was getting out i'm completely snowed in so had to reschedule. can't believe we pick up meds etc tomarrow it still doesn't seem real. DH asked how i was feeling was i nervous and to be honest i don't i'm actually calm. let you know how goes xx

twinklemama - aww theres nothing worse than being sick.. is it a wee bug? hope the anti sickness tabs will help you feel better missus and thank you so much for the advice i did have to cancel but i will deffo be getting it sorted i was thinking that about BFP etc but i so glad your on here xx

Yeh it's a "flu-like illness" according to the doctor, not sure if its just flu or that winter vomiting bug that's doing the rounds, but it's really taken it out of me. Thankfully the second lot of tablets have done the trick so far, I managed a half a bowl of soup and half a slice of toast! It tasted like rubbish tho, can't wait for normality to return.
I also asked the doctor about being on the pill for so long and he said its no different to being on the coil, most women don't bleed with it and have a constant supply of hormones from it, so it's stopped me worrying now. Also I would've had to start my break today if I was gonna take one and I don't think I could cope with AF on top of this sickness so I've started into my 3rd pack.
Good luck collecting ur meds tomoro girls, i hope u manage to get to the hospital safely and everything goes well xo
How is everyone else doing?

Wifeyw indeed here's hopin with the metformin..
I'm so excited for you. Good luck with tha appointment remember to ask all ur questions. Can't wait to hear all about it. Big day tomorrow, when u finally get started 😃 Xoxo
Twinklemama God bless ur Dr bout the BCP I feel a little more at ease so thank u do much xoxo

Good evening girls. Twinklemama I hope you're feeling better today. Glad to see you finally got some dates and really hope things work out that your Dh can be with you for Ec and Et.

Mumstheword I'll be praying you get 2 fantastic little eggs tomorrow. The girls are right it does only take one xx

Babies r us good luck with your appointment and with the metformin. I'm not too clued into what any of these medicines do for us but let's just hope they lead us all to BFP's!!

Wifey hope your appointment went well today and you got all your questions answered. I have mine on Monday the 11th so starting to get excited now too. My starting dose of Gonal f is 262.5 which seems like an unusual number as I've seen others say they're on 150 or 300. But sure I guess they know what they're doing.

twinklemama- aww missus that's not good but glad your feeling alittle bit normal and managed to eat. as for the pill to i asked the nurse today and she sort of said the same to me. x

mumtheword - hope everything goes well tomarrow x

mum2be - won't be long until your appointment it did go in quick enough, your number usually is high if they think you need alittle more help / poor responder etc mines is 150 and i asked her was mines normal she said no its low because we expect you to respond well so when you get your scan it can change.

babiesrus- thank you was actually quite calm until i was sat waiting on the nurse to call us with the meds and it just kicked in all at once started gettin butterflies in my stomach. lol

I went over to pharmacy to collect the med before hand, got to the desk gave name etc said it was for IVF etc and she looked at me as if i had 4 heads and said to me do you know where they would be if they would be in the fridge, i looked at DH i couldn't believe she was the one who should know lol i said i don't know , she said do you know what you have to get i said i've my schedule here if that helps you any so she looked at that and went away and got them.. i asked her about sharps box she gave me the massive yellow one saying this one i said no i think it's a small long one she looked at me again so i just said i'm going to the nurse now so i'll ask her if it's right if not i'm sure she will have one.

The nurse was lovely i didn't feel rushed at all she was having banter with us, went through everything with us, i really hope at EC etc shes there she was joking about the gas and air they give ( because i was asking about pain relief) she said i don't know why some nurses don't offer it i offer it to everyone its great stuff lol i said i hope your my nurse then whenever i'm getting EC because you will give me everything going lol She answered all my questions came out quite positive gave her massive hug after if only all nurses were like her eh. done blood pressure and pulse etc. oh i told her about the pharmacy too she gave me the proper needle box and said she must have only been put on the desk to fill in for someone on their lunch because she doesn't seem to know what she was doing... so yeah thats me set for Friday gilries.. hope your all keeping well xx

That's good wifey. Glad you're ready to go. Warned you about pharmacy. Lol.
Mum2be, thanks. I hope they're good ones!! Sounds like a fare dose they're starting you on. They adapt it if you need more/less after first scan.
Twinklemama hope you're feeling better. X
Babiesrus I hope you're all geared up and ready to go!

Afm just outta the shower and all ready for the egg collection tomoro!! Please let there be two good ones! X

Mumstheword, good luck for this morning honey, praying you'll get 2 lovely healthy eggs! Can't wait to hear how u get on xo

Wifey, glad to hear that you're good to go, the pharmacy seem just as well organised as the rest of the hospital! The nurse sounds lovely tho, it's such a comfort having people around u that u trust so hopefully she'll be there for ur EC.

AFM, finally starting to feel human again! Still just a bit queasy and coughing but I'm definitely over the worst, it's one way to put the time in while DH is away!
Xo

Hey girls. Just out of recovery. Only got the one good egg. Waiting now to hear what the donor sperm is like. Next few days will be tough.

Mumstheword, hope ur feeling ok honey xo It's so important that u keep positive over the next few days, we're all keeping everything crossed for u. And remember, it only takes one! Do u mind me asking if they're doing ivf or ICSI? xo

Hi twinklemama they decided to do ivf as the sperm sample was good after defrosting. At home now recovering but bleeding! The things we have to go through...

mumstheword- one little strong eggie i will keep my fingers crossed for you.. really hope it works out for you missus, get plenty rest and hope tomarrow the bleeding is away xx

babiesrus - tomarrows nearly here are you excited? xx

twinklemama- how you feeling any better today?

Hey mumstheword I'm super excited for you I'm glad the sperm sample was good enough for IVF that's really positive. That's a big sorry for me too! I'm keeping everything crossed for you huni. Rest up an stay strong xox
Wifeyw I'm so glad ur appointment went well luv. an thats great u got a nice nurse hope shes on tomorro lol. Im very anxious now. I'm gonna get a nice hot bath an get my stuff all together an try an sleep as I've had a few sleepless ones with one thing or another. Good luck with ur nasal tomorrow did u sort ur times out? Hopefully it will work wit ur body.
Love to you all an thank u xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->