IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Supposed to test on Sunday but think I'll test on Saturday, doubt I could hold out another day. I'm a bit more crampy today, like normal AF on the way cramps, is it possible that I could still get my BFP? I'm so fed up now, just want to know either way :(

Oops about that last post! Confession time, I took a test there now, a first response 6 days early test and I know u get better results if u do it first thing, and its far too early to be sure but there was a VERY faint second line!!!!!!!! Is it possible that its not right and that the test is somehow impregnated with dye and it will show up a bit even if its negative? I even made DH pee on another one to see if there was a difference, unfortunately he's not pregnant!! OMG I'm actually going out of my mind!

Quick update, did a test first thing this morning and it was absolutely negative :( Maybe a faulty test last night or maybe a chemical, not sure but gutted. Will test again on Saturday but I'm sure the test this morning was accurate and it's all over.

You are absolutely not out yet!!! :hugs: My first response early result were the last to turn positive and I was getting faint lines on Superdrug own brand use them if your are going to to test early...... Also for some reason my afternoon pee gave me a line and my first morning urine was awful try using your second pee of the day :hugs: keeping everything crossed for you huni xxx

Thanx Gemma, I hardly slept a wink last night cos I was so nervous and excited, then to get the negative this morning was so disappointing. I really thought I might get another positive and be a bit darker cos it was fmu. Will try the Superdrug ones if I can get over there today. I suppose even if it was a chemical preg then at least I know I can actually get pregnant.

Omg Twinkle, I don't know how you're holding up, I can hardly bear the suspense. Keeping everything crossed for you. Good luck with the testing xxxx
:dust:

twinkle mama- whenever i was in hospital for pains they done a HPT in the hospital that day on me which was a week past transfer and it was negative and they told me it was over but just to be sure they done bloods which showed i was. The HCG shot give you a false positive and takes time to get out of your system up to 10 days for some people so it pay be the positive you had got was the end of that. so you know now the next time you test it will be a true result i wouldn't be disheartened it's not over for you.

After i came back from the hospital i never got a positive until a couple days after that again which was very faint and that was with twins so please stay positive missus. I know it's so hard not to pee easier said than done but leave it a couple days then test again and if its faint then hopefully fingers crossed it keep gettin darker but if you can try wait until the weekend at least so it doesn't dishearten you. Even though you could be PG now it takes a while to show up in blood just like mines xx big hugs xx

Gemma - Hey missus..i'm sorry i just seen your post i'm not to bad i've been spotting quite abit through the whole thing it's worrying but it comes and goes now i've my first scan with a consultant in the royal friday i can't wait to see if everythings ok and babies are growing like they should. Oh and i've came out in these red raised bumps and skins so dry not comlaining just wondering have you had anything like that? i'm sure you are feeling massive now can you still see you feet lol ?? have you decided on names yet? Just wondering too when do they tell you what the sex are of the babies? when did you find out? xx hope your well

Thanx wifey and threebirds, I'm gonna try my best not to test until the weekend. DH was gonna call into Superdrug on his way home and get those tests Gemma was saying about but I told him not to put temptation in my way! Wifey, I didn't realise that u didn't get a positive hpg for a few days after the hospital, I assumed it would've been positive pretty much the next day after they told u, it's good for me to know. Last night was 13 days since my trigger tho, could it have stayed in my system that long? xo

Also wifey, I can't wait to hear how the scan goes! I'm sure everything will be fine xo

Gemma - Hey missus..i'm sorry i just seen your post i'm not to bad i've been spotting quite abit through the whole thing it's worrying but it comes and goes now i've my first scan with a consultant in the royal friday i can't wait to see if everythings ok and babies are growing like they should. Oh and i've came out in these red raised bumps and skins so dry not comlaining just wondering have you had anything like that? i'm sure you are feeling massive now can you still see you feet lol ?? have you decided on names yet? Just wondering too when do they tell you what the sex are of the babies? when did you find out? xx hope your well

Wifey good luck on Friday I'm sure everything is fine :hugs: from being on the twin forum it seems spotting is very common!! I've no raised bumps but definitely have dry skin I'm moisturising 2-3 times a day!! Yes feeling pretty huge and lost sight of my feet a few weeks ago lol feeling pretty uncomfortable at the minute counting down until I finish work have only 6 weeks left until I go on leave :) we have decided on the names but still subject to change I suppose I will know when I look at them but at the minute it's Mia Catherine and Mason Kai and they are both little skitters and chunky lol had my first growth scan yesterday and she is 1lb 10ozs and he's 1lb 11ozs and they are delighted with their progress they are still growing at the same rate as a singleton :) I got a private scan at 16wks at balmoral health on the Malone road to find out the gender and confirmed at 20wk hospital scan x

Mumstheword yes they are kicking up a storm especially when I try to lie down and sleep they fight alot lol one always starts the other!!

Twinkle your trigger will be long gone...... Ovitrelle is equivalent to 6500hcg and has a half life of 24-36hrs so even with a slow metabolism it would be gone by 9-10 days post trigger mine was gone 7 days after xx

Thanx Gemma, I knew it wouldn't be the trigger but just clutching at straws! I spoke to a friend of mine today who has a little boy after a long ivf journey, she had the same as me (first test +ve and second -ve) with her pregnancy with him. She had a agonising wait for blood results. Hopefully it's just been so low and diluted to be detected accurately yet. The first response test said it was only 60 something % accurate that early anyway. I'll wait until Saturday morning unless AF shows up before then. xo

They are really lovely names Gemma :hugs::hugs:
Wifey, all the best for Friday :) :hugs:
Twinkle, ooh you are doing v well holding out! So keepin fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Thinking of all you ni girls, whatever stage of the journey you are at :hugs:
Nite x

Well girls, that's it all over, AF showed up this morning. We're both gutted but I knew from the start of the week that it wasn't gonna work out. Now we just have to decide what to do next, ie. Origin or GCRM. Thanx for all ur support girls, you've all really helped me get thru this. Good luck with everything girls xo

Oh twinklemama :( I'm so so sorry I'm absolutely gutted for you :( sending the biggest :hugs::hugs: x

Oh Twinkle, so sorry hun. Sending you the biggest hug :hugs::hugs:
Hope you & hubby are looking after each other. Take care & we're all here for you xxx

twinklemama - i know no words will make you feel better but i'm so sorry and i'm thinking of you bothxx

Thanx girls for your kind words and thoughts. We're both ok, surprisingly it's easier to deal with than last time, we're used to this now unfortunately. I emailed medical associates to find out about gcrm in belfast and got a reply from the dr who did our EC at RVH (dr agbaje) which was lovely, so just need to decide when and where we go from here. We'll prob go back to origin for a cycle including an endometrial scratch, then go to gcrm when they open in the autumn if it doesn't work. A week away from home for treatment just adds to the stress levels, and the cost is hotels etc and getting doggies looked after. Does anyone have any thoughts on gcrm vs origin? Not going back to RFC simply cos they don't sedate u for EC and there's really no need to put urself thru that. xo

Hi Twinkle, good to hear you're doing ok, am gutted for you :hugs:
Take time to recover. The right next step is whatever is right / least stressful for you hun.
We've had a failed icsi cycle with origin, about to start rfc nhs cycle, and i think for us if this one doesnt work we'll go gcrm with dr agbaje satelitte service. Thats mainly because: gcrm success rates slightly better than origin & rfc for older women, we have friends we can stay with in glasgow & we like dr abadje. Ive saved up enough for one more private cycle. Also depends what protocol might be best for you. At origin i was on short protocol, no downreg & dr adbadje said at gcrm it would prob be flare protocol which i think can be good for low responders, which I am. Good luck deciding!
And cant believe rfc dont sedate for ec, yikes!
Hope you are getting to take some time out this weekend xxx

Hellos to everyone else :wave:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back