IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

OMG wifeyw through the bladder dont like the sound of that one bit. Was it very sore?

Had scan today and quote Barack Obama "There activity there" not a word of how many folicles but had blood test and script for more gonal-f and rang back earlier they have changed my schedule slightly was due to lower gonal-f tomorrow but going to keep me on 187.5iui till tuesday next scan.

Q. Did any of you ladies get boils while injecting sorry for TMI but i have one at top of leg and also under left breast i normally get them during AF but not had any since having Accu + herbs so i am going to start taking the herbs again had stoped because of IVF but my pulse and energy levels are way down since stopping hope i doing the right thing as this will be our only IVF cycle cant afford to go private which is why i dont want to jepordise this cycle.
Yippie they changed the time of next scan till 8.25am was up at 4.15am this morning just to be there in time (7.40am) so get to lie in bed tiny bit longer dont they have silly times for appointments especially as it only for 5mins why cant they do the scans in altnagelvin would be handier then go to belfast to the main bit.

Threebirds, I'm keeping everything crossed for u honey, I really hope ur ovaries kick in and start producing the goods xo

Baps, my left ovary was awkward to get to aswell during scans and egg collection. They put pressure on my tummy during scans to bring it down. The EC was more painful on left but not unbearable, they gave me laughing gas when I asked for it so just be pushy with them that u want more pain relief.

Mumstheword, how are u luv? When is ur otd?

Gemma, ur nearly there pet! So exciting! I'm sure even if u went into labour now, everything would be fine, I'm sure it's a relief to know they're growing well. You'll be massive in another 6 weeks lol!!

Wifey, u won't be far behind Gemma! Good luck for the scan next week xo

By the way girls, quick question for anyone whose had a failed cycle, has anyone's period been late the following month? Mine was due yesterday but still nothing. No cramps, no tender boobs, no back pain, its weird! I'm normally fairly regular and I very much doubt I'm preggers cos DH was away around ovulation. Not really sure if the AF after failed treatment is counted as a proper period so not really sure if it should come on time this month. Confused!!!

Thanks twinkle will make sure I am doped to the eyeballs. Not sure about AF as this first cycle sorry not much use I would give it a few days yet see if it comes if not then test you never know :) sperm can live for 5-7 days
How did your scan go today threebirds hope it was better news x

Anybody going to big weekend gave my tickets to my sister :( wish I was going now

Hi threebirds. How ru doing? I'm sure you're very disappointed. When I did the last ivf I only got the one egg and didn't have much activity at all. I was devastated. That's why I took the wee break. I thought because they'd put me on the pill my body didn't respond hardly to even the highest dose of gonal f. That was January. I started stunning with 75 gonal f for my IUI treatment in may and the sic had to decrease the dose as my body responded brilliantly. You only need 1 or max of 2 follicles for IUI. So the wee break and coming off the pill done me wonders. I hope you get a wee break between treatments and hopefully your body will recover like mine. Good luck pet x

I'm 9 days past IUI now. Can't say I've had any signs or symptoms yet. Been trying to put it to the back of my mind and not obsess over it like last time. Wont be testing either. Will just wait to see if Mother Nature takes over. Hopefully there'll be no sign this time. 6th time lucky and all that?! Hope you ladies are having a lovely weekend! X

Ps baps theres a big sign up in origin about taking Chinese herbs during ivf cycle. They don't want their patients doing it. Think it's on their website as well with an explanation. Might be worth a look. X

Hi everyone
Thanks so much for yhe messages of support & encouragement. This is just a wee update and I'll get back to the thread properly in a few days.

I had my scan on Fri & it was bad news & cycle was cancelled. Sorry thats why I havent been on for a few days, just taking it in :-(
The scan showed nothing was happening & this was confirmed with blood tests. Estrogen on the Tue was 60 and at the 2nd scan on Fri (after 8 days stimming at high dose) was 117. Lining was also non existent.

So, tough times.
We do plan to put ourselves thru one more cycle - either antagonist at Origin Belfast or flare at GCRM. Will hopefully have review apt soon. Can't fault the staff at RFC. Nurses were great and we saw Prof McClure at both scans. Our rev apt will be with our original consultant dr abadje, which is good as we like him & he does Belfast satellite clinic for GCRM.

Btw, Google GCRM Belfast - they now have their own website! Do you think it sounds like they are setting up full clinic here or will it be used for sattelite service?? Full clinic would be great.

Antyway just wanted yo say thanks everyone :hugs::hugs:

hope you are all keeping really well xxxxxxxx

Hi threebirds. Wishin you all the best for your next cycle. Just to let you know we had to wait nearly 4 months for our review with RFC. But as I said it was good to give myself a break and it certainly helped with this cycle. Good luck pet xx

Threebirds im really sorry :( that is soo disappointing :hugs: I really wish you all the best and hope you get good news with your next treatment cycle:hugs: xx

Threebirds sorry it wasn't better news and hope you have better outcome with next cycle xxx

Threebirds, I'm so gutted to hear ur news. U and DH must be so disappointed. Sending big hugs xo Ur so brave even thinking of another cycle but if ur like me, u just want to focus on what's next. It's the only thing that's gotten me through.
On a positive note, GCRM are definitely setting up a clinic here which is opening in the autumn. Its gonna be based somewhere around the docks/dargan crescent area. I'm fairly sure that the 3 consultants doing satellite clinics are gonna be working there (Dr Agbaje, Dr McFaul and possibly Dr Traub). I also have a notion that Jenny Hall who set up origin in the beginning with Dr Heasley might have something to do with it as she has left origin. We've got an appointment with Dr Agbaje in June, with the hope of EC and ET in August in Glasgow, but we might wait until they open here if its not gonna be much longer. It'll be so much more convenient than going to Glasgow.
Whichever clinic u to with, u can basically have ur review of ur NHS cycle with ur private consultant (ie, Dr Agbaje at gcrm or Prof McClure at origin) if u book to see them as they'll be bringing ur RVH records across for reference anyway. Saves u having to wait on that appointment (unless u want the break of course).
Hope ur ok pet, keeping my fingers crossed for u for next time. Xo

Just back from second scan and the EC going ahead on Thursday just so relieved that there something there xx

Good luck baps for Thursday.
I wasn't successful this cycle. Booking in for the next one soon. Keep it goin til there's no money left. Hopefully it won't get to that stage.

Thanks mumstheword sorry your iui didn't work take it your AF has come but my God aren't you a fighter don't think I would have your determination to carry on but you seem like a lady who doesn't take no for an answer and I know that you will be successful in your ttc journey x

Mumstheword, so sorry it didn't work hun, hope you're both ok xo You have the same attitude as me, keep going as long as the body cooperates and the funds last.

Good luck for tomoro Baps, keeping everything crossed you get good eggies! Xo

Hi ladies back from EC and it wasn't as bad as i thaught it would be thank god well got 6 eggs so have to ring in morning for results hears hoping and fingers crossed.

Thanks ladies for for advice so far you are all so strong and positive and i really hope that you all get your happy ever after's xxx

Hi everyone
Just beginning to catch up on all the news here. Hope evry1 is keeping well. :hugs:
Baps, thats really good news, hope your wee embies are all doing really well :hugs:
Mumstheword, so sorry your DIUI cycle didnt work this time hun. Heres to keeping on going!! :hugs:
Thanks Twinkle :hugs: really interesting about the gcrm belfast development. We'll set up our review apt asap & then see how soon we can get a treatment cycle - and see when belfast opens! Do you know what your protocol will be? I take it it will be icsi again for you.

Big hugs to everyone on here & so hoping we see more bfps v soon :) x

:dust:

Bad news girls none of the eggs fertalized me and DF totally gutted to say the least thaught maybe 1-2 may have done so. Dont know were to go from here bit lost today would love a good feed of drink. Review app not till July

Have to ring nurses to ask if i still have to take the progesterone cream and is it still no intercourse for 2 wks do either of you ladies know.
BTW did any of you get the runs after EC cant stop going to the toilet will run out of toilet roll at this stage xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->