IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Hi Girls
I am starting my first cycle IVF in Royal Belfast next week? any advice as i am really stressed out and keep breaking down.. I should feel really happy but i feel more scared,
TTC fo 2 years, Married 2 years, My husband and i are 27. and have un-explained. I just dont know what is ahead off us, and i really hope we can get through it all,xxx
THANKS xxxxx

Hi everyone

Welcome Jackdoll & try not to be too apprehensive. I found the staff helpful and once you do the first couple of injections its all ok. You'll get lots of support on here and if you read back through this thread you'll get a good sense of it all. Wishing you all the best for your cycle :)

Well folks, had review apt yesterday with Dr Agbaje who was v good and patient (had made a list of q's!). Of course the news isnt good, with v low AMH and high FSH and two failed cycles. He suggested we think about DE but was understanding when we said we wanted to do one more cycle, even for our own piece of mind, to know we really gave it our best shot. We had been thinking GCRM as Dr Agbaje does the Belfast satalite clinic. But he suggested we also consider the Lister in London (who are quite good for older women/poor responders) - both would be variations of flare protocol. Not sure how we are going to decide between the two! If anyone has experience of either let me know.

Thanks & hope everyone is doing ok xxx

Hi Threebirds, Thank you, I feel more settled today and looking forward to my app on Monday for the bloods screening etc, I hope thats the change off my mood because i hate having that sick/scared feeling.xx

Hey girls!
Threebirds, I've heard excellent reports about the lister aswell as gcrm. I'm guessing if dr Agbaje recommends the lister, I'd take his advice. It'll be a more hassle and probably cost u more as a result but if it give u and DH ur BFP, who cares! We were out on Saturday with friends who have been thru this journey and now have a little boy. Their friends won a cycle of treatment at the lister, they'd been told it was the end of the road for them everywhere else, but she entered the draw anyway, and she now has twins! As for DE, my friend in work is about to start a cycle in alicante via origin, I'll keep u updated on how it goes, but she's very happy so far with origin. Hope u come to a decision pet xo

Welcome jackdoll! Hope ur nerves have settled pet, it really will be ok. The staff are lovely at the royal, much better than I expected after some of the reports id heard. The nurses will really look after you, and the doctors are very experienced and really know what they are doing. The only rubbish thing is that they keep u waiting ages at ur appointment and you'd think u we're sitting in a morgue to look at some of the people waiting with u! Ask us any questions u have, hopefully between us all we can answer them.

AFM, had our appt with dr Agbaje last week. I asked him about the positive test I'd done 8dp3dt and he said I was definitely pregnant for a few days to get that result. He said to keep positive as we know that I CAN get pregnant! So hopefully next cycle will work, they're gonna do the endometrial scratch, and gcrm belfast are bringing in EEVA too which is that time lapse photography of the embryos in the incubator. He said that it helps to select the best embryos, and means they don't have to come out of the incubator to be looked at. So I'm keepin everything crossed for the next cycle. We're gonna wait until the new clinic opens in October/November which will give us plenty of time to get the new house sorted.

Hope everyone is well, Gemma u won't have long to go now!! Xo

Thanks for you kind words twinklemamma- Screening went ok, and i am getting excited now about treatment, should be starting in next few weeks. did you girls work etc through treatment? will i be sick (suppose i can ask the nurse all these questions on my next visit) but was just wondering.x
I know what your saying about the waiting room!, it was awlful,

I worked right up until the egg collection then took a week off. I would've liked to take longer after embryo transfer but I'm self employed so had to go back to work. U will likely feel a bit yucky and headachy with the meds but i was able to work through it. It's an individual choice really, some people prefer to keep themselves busy while others would prefer to be able to relax. Just do whatever u feel is right for u, and do what u needso u won't regret it or blame yourself afterwards if it doesn't work out. Xo

Hiya girls
Hope everyone is keeping well & enjoying our fab weather :)
Any updates??
We have settled on the Lister in London for our final ivf cycle, prob around Oct & are arranging our initial consulation for the end of Aug.

X

hi three birds iv finally got to the top of the nhs icsi list and cant wait but not overly confident as i have a low amh they told me i may not get many eggs so geared up for any outcome but have also heard so much about how good the lister is for people with low amh and high fsh so i will be following ur progress with them as this would be our next stop too good luck

also shout out to gemmag goodluck and we hope to hear your little ones have arrived safe and sound very soon thinking on u x

Hey girls

Sorry haven't been on in a while...... Still waiting on these two to arrive officially full term today but it seems they are not planning on coming lol so c section has been booked for next Wednesday!!! Can't believe it's nearly here!!

Threebirds, tinkertailors twinklemama and baps wishing you all the best and good luck for your up and coming treatments will be checking in to see how everyone is getting on and I will pop back in to let you all know when these two little skitters arrive xx

Wow Gemma, congratulations on getting to full term!! Im sure they'll arrive before Wed :) Can't wait to hear the news of their arrival! Good luck hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Hi all, i was wondering is anyone could tell me if the RVH waiting list is getting bigger, i rang in May and told i would prob have an appointment to start treatment in July although it is only half way through July i have heard nothing and no one is answering the phone?? i have been waiting 10 months now for ICIS, is this normal, i was told they had to say it could take up to a year for an appointment but off the books it would more than likey be May time, i hate this waiting about and not hearing anything, any advice would be nice??

hi scarletrose dont worry u will hear very soon as i was added to the list at the very end of sept and got my letter on the 10 july id say u might get a letter at the end of this month if not sooner i was so impatient too we r also waiting on icsi

Hey ladies, hope everyone is enjoying the weather!
Scarletrose, I have no idea about the waiting list pet, sorry. But they're probably short staffed over the holiday period so maybe that's why they're not answering. Just keep pestering them.
Threebirds, glad you've decided on the lister, I've heard good reports.
AFM, I'm just enjoying not being pre/during/post treatment and not really thinking about it too much.
Have a good weekend ladies!! xo

Hey Twinkle, i agree it's great to be on a wee break from pre/during/post treatment. I turn 40 in a few weeks, last yr I spent my birthday at Origin, the year before I had just had a d&c following a traumatic mc. Already in 2013 we have had a mc & failed icsi cycle, so here's to the summer!!
:hug:
xx

Morning ladies glad to see everyone well hope all been enjoying the fab weather we been having.
Well only having my review appointment tomorrow as they forgot about me was told appoint originally for 11 July but had received no letters so phoned them and apparently it was for 11 june but still got no letters and they appoligesed it was there mistake typical me always forgot about. Any ideas on what kind of questions to ask as not sure

Hi baps, that's a really rubbish way to have been treated especially after how your treatment went, but it doesn't surprise me. Are u planning another cycle? Most of my questions were about what happens for our next cycle and what would be done differently etc. Hopefully they'll be able to give u some answers tomoro, good luck xo

Thanks twink but wont be having another cycle dont think we could afford it unfortunatly we will just have to try naturally and hope for the best but will be pushing the fact that we never received correct treatment at the appoint and hope they take pitty on me lol!!! but i doubt it very much. Will let yous know how i get on appoint not till 4pm :gun: all guns blazzing

well thats me back from hospital and still no better off it seams that eggs were mature and good quality and sperm also good quality however there a problem with the outer layer of my eggs according to the lab it is sticky and wait for it not something they have seen before typical it would have to happen to me so back to square one ttc naturaly :huh: which will be near impossible as DF will be away most of the time xxx

Hey girls

Sorry I'm a bit late.... they have arrived has been a crazy few days! Well I didn't go on my own as I thought I would have and ended up at my scheduled section on Wednesday morning. Everything went really well and Mia and Mason were born at 10:05 and 10:06 Mia came first weighing 5lb 12 then Mason weighing 6lb 3! We got home 48hrs later and I'm recovering really well we even had out first walk today! This is a pic of them :) my little Mason protective of his sister already :) x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member