IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Awh baps I'm so sorry honey, thinking of u both. I hope ur both ok. U won't need the progesterone, they told me to stop mine when AF came during my 2ww. It's no intercourse I'm afraid as its an infection risk. Have a big glass of wine and put ur feet up. Do u think you'll go for another cycle? Big hugs xo

Threebirds, it will be ICSI again for us, think it always will be as its a MF issue for us. How are u feeling now?

AFM, I got my blood results from the clotting disorder and it turns out that I do have the defective gene. I've only got one copy of the defective gene, so it's not as bad as having 2 copies of it. Not sure what it will mean for fertility treatment but they might put me on blood thinners if I do get pregnant. I'm not overly bothered by it, will just have to watch my weight and try to stay healthy, but I knew I had dodgy genes as my dad had a heart attack and by pass surgery when he was only 51, so it wasn't exactly a shock.

Hope everyone has a good weekend xo

Baps, im so sorry & totally gutted for you :hugs:
Thinking of you & your man. I hope you're looking after each other. It's sure a tough road :-(
We are away for a night in a spa hotel to get a wee bit of time out for ourselves after our disasterous cycle. Id recommend getting away for a night if thats possible. Sorry you're going thru this x

Baps and mumstheword so so sorry your treatments didnt work this time :hugs: x

Threebirds hope you are enjoying your night away what spa did you go to? Sounds lovely just what you need xx

Twinkle glad you found out about the genetic disorder did they say what thinners the will put you on? I'm on 75mg aspirin due to a blood condition that caused recurrent miscarriages and I think that its very possible its what helped my pregnancy progress this time... Xx

Wifeyw how are you huni?? How was your scan on Friday? X

AFM not much going on with me finished work on Friday :) have been speaking with RFC after my mum told me she has seen an ad in the personals in the belfast telegraph for the last 9mths.... A couple needing egg donation and its so sad that no one had replied to the RFC to help them. So now my family is complete and a few months after the twins are born all being well I will be back on the drugs to donate my eggs to other couples. I just feel so blessed to be where I am and think I'm ready to help someone else x

Gemma that's such an amazing thing to do for someone! Go you!! My friend from work is just about to start a donor egg cycle in Spain thru origin. She's almost 43 and just doesn't have time to wait for a donor here in the uk, there's such a lack of people coming forward. I think us lot are in a special position to know what it's like to want a family and not be able to make it happen easily, so I think we can appreciate what couples who need eggs are going thru a bit better than most. I'd like to donate eggs myself in the future if we have eventually get out wee miracle.
The doctors haven't said anything yet about blood thinners, I just spoke to a nurse who told me the result and said they wanted to repeat it to confirm. From what I've read, they dont actively do anything but I think I might push to be put on something. I wouldnt want to self-medicate in case it complicates my treatment so I'll wait for instruction!
Anyway, night girls xo

HI everyone
hope you are enjoying the sunshine :)
:coolio::icecream::shipw:

Gemma, that is an amazing thing to think of doing xx

The spa hotel was the Roe Park, very enjoyable but quite large and family oriented - which meant kids in the pool etc but good if you have a family :)

I'm back to acupuncture tomorrow and also, got our review appointment! End of this month so happy about that as it saves us paying to see consultant privately to speed things up!

Hope everyone is keeping well :hugs::hugs:
xxx

Hi girls.... Came in ere last night for a nosy and ave been following you all right thru (hope you's don't mind) lol
I'm knew to all this so excuse me for not knowing all the wee sayings and stuff that ya use I'm sure I'll pick it up....
Gemma that's an amazing thing to do btw you'll make couples hopefully complete with a little bundle of joy and ur wee heart will feel good....
I've just started my nasal spray on fri 7th June so I'm only starting my journey compared to the rest of you but it's scary bickies and exciting at the same time just hope I ave success as I had an ectopic in march and my left tube removed so I don't know how I'll handle things if it doesn't work out xxx :cry:

Aw welcome Huskychele :hugs: really sorry to hear what you've been through with the ectopic & really hope things go well for you with ivf & your get your bfp! This thread is great & we are all here to support each other. Good luck with the sprays! X

Hi huskychele, welcome! Sorry to hear of ur ectopic. threebirds is right, this thread has been brilliant! Hope ur feeling ok on the nasals so far and don't have too many side effects. If u get the headaches, that "forehead" stick thing is good if u want to avoid taking painkillers. Looking forward to seeing how u get on xo

Threebirds, glad to hear u had a nice break away, just what u needed. Also glad u for ur review. Mine came thru aswell, but the RVH appointment system strikes again and my review is booked for early July, 2 weeks after the private appointment we've booked for gcrm. Do u think there's any point in us going to the RVH one?

Baps, how are u luv? Hope ur ok xo

AFM I've put fertility etc to the back of my mind for once as the big house move happens next Tuesday! I'm surrounded by cardboard boxes and to-do-lists! Hopefully it will go smoothly! I'm also thinking we might wait a few more months before our next cycle, I'm just not sure I'm ready for it yet. And I would be nice to try naturally for a while too as we havent really been able to since before our first cycle last August, with DH travelling for work and me being on BCP for so bloody long! I'm technically on a 2ww now but I don't think my ovulation was at normal time, think my natural cycle is still messed up. Anyway, keep ur fingers crossed girls for a wee miracle!

Hey thanks so much for all ur lovely replies.....
I'm getting a lot of headaches with the sprays and dizzy spells which the girl I work with nearly freaked out over other day as I thought I was gona faint with the heat..... Sweaty city lol..... Did anyone else's belly swell on sprays? I'm very bloated and constipated but then I've ibs so that don't help either..... I start my injections on 10th July so nerves will kick in big time then hoping things work.... So happy I've found this forum it helps to chat with others that are goin thru e same thing xxxx

Hey huskychele, I generally felt like crap on the sprays. I was also permanently starving so my belly was swollen but only cos I was eating like a pig lol! And unfortunately I haven't stopped, I swear I need my jaw wired shut! Just try and spoil urself to try and feel a bit better, u deserve it! xo

Hi ladies sorry not been on here much but couldnt deal with it i took last week off and went away in our touring caravan at the weekend (Benone) it was nice to get away esp as the weather was so good just sat around reading game of thrones and got burnt stupid. However Monday was a different matter back to work and didnt do well at all think it just hit me then that that was it and everywhere i looked all i seen was bumps which never helps so i got on amazon and ordered some Preseed and His & Hers Pregnacare Conception just have to convince DF to take them. Mite also get on the infertility network site and print of them letters to send to MR Poots not that it would do much good.

Welcome huskeychell ive not long joined here but the girls are brilliant and full of information i only had a few headaches never had many effects luckily for me good luck with your cycle.

Threebirbs and Twink let us know how review goes think i got mine 11th July but not got any letters yet.
Twink hope house move goes well very stressful prob best to leave next cycle until you are well settled in new house would be to much to deal with BTW if you dont mind me asking how much it the ICSI with RVH.

Well just had the AF from hell very heavy and major cramps but on the upside i only had one day of spotting which is very good for me normally it could be 3-7 days so maybe this has helped correct my cycle fingers crossed.

Bit of advice please ladies was just wondering what to do my cycle was IVF but on a letter I have it says ICSI so I didn't receive the said treatment where do I stand on this things could have worked out differently had I got ICSI cycle should I fight my case for another fresh cycle being I didn't receive correct treatment clutching at straws here any ideas x

Bit of advice please ladies was just wondering what to do my cycle was IVF but on a letter I have it says ICSI so I didn't receive the said treatment where do I stand on this things could have worked out differently had I got ICSI cycle should I fight my case for another fresh cycle being I didn't receive correct treatment clutching at straws here any ideas x

Hi baps, I've been following this thread for over a year now, due my letter soon. So sorry your treatment didn't work. If I was in your position I would most def be lodging a complaint. The mere fact you had zero fertilisation points to a likely sperm issue. Me and my dh have been told we need ICSI as I have pcos and he has sperm antibodies with hamper sperms movement and ability to penetrate an egg. Did you dh have a test? Bottom line they only recommend ICSI if they feel IVF needs that extra boost and if you weren't given it you should complain. Free NHS or private- doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. NHS fertility care shouldn't be sub standard to private. Make a written complaint to the trust and the consultant who said you needed ICSI, copy letter etc. I work for s big bank and one thing I'vs learnt is when you complain, mean business! Letters, calls and if need Mr Edwin Poots himself. Obviously they may ultimately say no you received the correct treatment for whatever reason but I guess maybe for your piece of mind you can try?

My DH is a bit apprehensive with our treatment coming up as I am ready to put the battle gear on- I've seen so many things go wrong or lack of proper care and I'm fully prepared to let then know I'm no fool!

Hope you get something sorted.

X :)

Hi ladies
I haven't been on as I've went through the worse time of my life.... As u know I was on suprecur spray for a week and my husband has just dropped a bombshell that he's changed his mind and doesn't want a baby..... I'm absolutely devastated that he let me go so far and start treatment and then throws this out when he's drunk and angry..... I think my marriage is over as I can't forgive him for the way he's treated me.... I'm 35 and lost now as to what to do cause I wanted to share this wonderful life changing experience with him not just anyone and now nothing :wacko::cry::cry::cry:

awh huskychele i came on to read some posts i always watch this thread its great to have i just couldnt leave without saying how sorry i am to hear ur story i really hope this is just a blip and u and ur husband can sort it out and get back on track if thats what u both want my heart goes out to u this treatment business makes people react in so many different ways im feeling stressed as hell about the thought of mine and havent even heard anything yet! He should have thought about wanting a baby sooner than waiting to u started ur treatment though i think hes been extremely selfish if my df did that to me id be gutted beyond belief you deserve to be happy better he told u now than after going through with treatment what a terrible time u must be having i wish things could get sorted out for u in a good outcome xxx

Sorry I haven't been on in a while girls, busy with the move etc.

Huskychele, I'm so sorry to hear your news, I can't believe it pet. Maybe it's just ur DH panicking now that you've started your treatment? I really hope it's just him having a wobble and you'll get things sorted. Xo

Baps, you should definitely write to the health minister and lodge a complaint. I've heard about people having repeated cycles when the treatment went wrong because the hospital's mistake. Unfortunately, I've also read on here that zero fertilisation is somethin that is a risk but they don't expect it that often, and it's likely just classed as one of the many risks of ivf. I really do hope you get a result tho, it's worth a try.

Hope everyone else is well xo

Sorry baps, I'm not sure how much ICSI is at RVH, but I think it's about £500-£1k less than origin which was £4200ish last summer, but we didn't pay for initial consultation with origin as we'd seen the consultant at RVH first as NHS patients. Xo

How's everyone doing?

Baps, glad you got a wee break to Benone, it's beautiful there. Me & DH had a great walk there recently when we were on our wee break to help come to terms with our utterly shite ivf/icsi cycle. I do think you should make a formal complaint as ICSI could have made a difference. Let us know how you get on.

Huskychele, I am so sorry :hugs: That is truly awful for you. Im also hoping your DH was having a panic & that you can get back on track. We're all thinking of you & hoping you are ok. :hugs:

Twinkle, how'd the move go?? I see your first GCRM apt is coming up - who is that with?

We have our review apt on 26th, our consultant for the RFC is Dr Abadje - even though we didnt see him during the cycle, and we also hope to start the GCRM process with him - he's already given us the GCRM forms so will have to dig out those and bring them with us.

Got AF, so it's good it didnt take too long after the ivf drugs and it's good to finally start a new cycle.

Hope everyone is doing ok. X

Huskeychell sorry you are having a crap time but i think the other ladies are right and DH is just in a panic try and talk it over with him thats what i had to do with my DF after we had our MC he also told me he didnt want children but it was only cause he didnt want me to go through it again didnt want to see me hurting again i think this is how your DH is thinking hope things work out for you xxx

Hey ladies, hope everyone is well. I am currently dying of a hangover after a works night out last night!
Threebirds, our appt is also with Dr Agbaje, he did my EC on the last cycle, and I know him anyway so we decided to see him. We'd been under the care of prof McClure for both cycles before so I'm hoping the change in consultant will make a difference.
Xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->