IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Hey, I'm attending the Royal at the moment, on the sprays and counting down the days until I'm off it...making me feel very sick/dizzy and fussy head... This is our 1st go at ivf... I got a letter last week re the new clinic etc and if I wanted to change over, not sure what to do..

hi jackdoll i messaged u on another thread sorry im just reading this one now but what do u mean here what new clinic? is it rvh is opening somewhere else?

Well my day has finally come ladies, been to hospital today to do bloods and supposedly picking up meds next wed, really excited and nervous, still not sure what to expect. Xx

Hey everyone, just want to wish u ladies good luck who have started and are about to start treatment! So exciting and terrifying at the same time xo

Well my day has finally come ladies, been to hospital today to do bloods and supposedly picking up meds next wed, really excited and nervous, still not sure what to expect. Xx

Hi scarlet, do you mind if I ask is was your screening appointment where the nurses take your weight etc? Or is this another blood test they do once youve sent your form back sith period dates? We've just received letter couple weeks ago for reaching top of list and had bloods last week, just waiting on period. Am unsure as to what happens and when.. Timescales etc. I am allowed two weeks paid leave for IVF every year with my work but they need notice, which will be difficult to do! Being a pcos sufferer my periods are t regular so I'm taking proverb to speed it along a bit- bit naughty but I've waited long enough for this NHS offer!

hi hopefaith i know it was the other scarlet you were asking but iv just had my appointment last week to get training on use of meds and they go thru your schedule, which i received in the post just before i went up.

so now when your af arrives you will send away the letter to tell them, they then rang me about 1 week later to ask me to come up for training your partner/husband needs to attend too they want to start you on sprays on day 21 of your cycle so ur appointment will prob be scheduled as close as it can be to this date so u dont forget anything u learn lol u might get ur schedule in the post like i did before app but i know some ladies got theirs at the training app.

so i am on sprays now at the moment i just had my appointment on wednesday past its hard to remember to take the sprays at the exact times but i have stuck to it so far.
hope this helps a bit goodluck x

hopefaithcj i just noticed your signature we r also getting icsi my df has antibodies also dont know anyone else really with this so hope this icsi works for us both and just wondered do u work in the public sector cause i do and i also dont know whether or not i am entitled to take time off or do i have to just take sick leave?

hopefaithcj i just noticed your signature we r also getting icsi my df has antibodies also dont know anyone else really with this so hope this icsi works for us both and just wondered do u work in the public sector cause i do and i also dont know whether or not i am entitled to take time off or do i have to just take sick leave?

Hi tinkertailors, thanks for the info- clears things up a bit! I am just waiting on Af now then ill post my form off :) yes dh's has antibodies we think due to surgery he had a baby. I have him on supplements especially 1000mg of vit c a day to help- he's not amused lol :haha:

To answer your last question, I work for a bank and have read up on their hr policies regarding IVF/adoption and maternity. Check with your hr dept perhaps otherwise you coulda use ask gp to sign you off for 2 weeks? You'll be cycling before me so best of luck! Let us know how the drugs go!
X

hey everyone im on day 15 northisterone and metformin is anyone else having side effects.sore tummy and very moody god love the hubby

Hey, I'm attending the Royal at the moment, on the sprays and counting down the days until I'm off it...making me feel very sick/dizzy and fussy head... This is our 1st go at ivf... I got a letter last week re the new clinic etc and if I wanted to change over, not sure what to do..

hi jackdoll i messaged u on another thread sorry im just reading this one now but what do u mean here what new clinic? is it rvh is opening somewhere else?
Hi just seeing this, I got a letter telling me about new treatment starting in royal in sep. it's ivf/icsi with something extra. Think it's monitoring the embryos more and noing exactly what ones to put back in and when..

Hi just seeing this, I got a letter telling me about new treatment starting in royal in sep. it's ivf/icsi with something extra. Think it's monitoring the embryos more and noing exactly what ones to put back in and when..

Sounds interesting .. Can I ask when did you get put on the waiting list? Just curious why they're starting to monitor embryos more? Hoping the Royal ate pulling their finger out more, they've been falling behind in some areas I feel. I did read about a new technique where they're able to select which will be the best embryo to put in more than they do now-but this was something I thought would only be available to private patients.

Hi hope faith, I am a private patient but it said on the letter if you are free nhs it would be an extra £800 for you to pay and also extra £800 if your paying private. That's exactly what it is. Monitoring the embryos with cameras 24/7.. I was put on both lists July time... This is my 1st time..

Hi hope faith, I am a private patient but it said on the letter if you are free nhs it would be an extra £800 for you to pay and also extra £800 if your paying private. That's exactly what it is. Monitoring the embryos with cameras 24/7.. I was put on both lists July time... This is my 1st time..

Ahh thought that was the case. Well at Lear you've got the extra reassurance of them selecting best embryo, even if its costing extra! It's my first go too on IVF, only done IUI before. Quite nervous about it all, main concern is getting OHSS and them cancelling cycle on me :( hopefully that won't happen!

Hey, I'm not going for that extra thing as I've paid enough all ready! Maybe if all fails ill get it with my free cycle next time... I'm not to bad. Start injections next Wednesday then scans following week.. Just wish it would hurry up as I've been on sprays a long time.. I haven't had any other treatment! Straight to ivf. What stage are you at the moment??

Hey baby, all I know is that their is a new method starting now in sep when the eggs are collected and it's extra money to go for the service even if your a private patient or NHS. If you don't op for this then you get the normal treatment! I must hook out the letter & leaflet again and read exactly what this new process is all about!

Hi hope, sorry did not get back to you, but tinker was right on track, they told me I was top of list and luckily for me it was right time in my cycle to start meds today, day 21 of your cycle for me, had 3 sniffs of nasal spray today and have a slight headache, nurse was fantastic today explaining everything, looks like the 3 of us are doing ICIS same time :)

Hi scarletrose, hope you keeping well. The headaches are awlful. I constantly have a site head.. How long is your schedule??

Just checking my letter here girls. It's called early embryo transfer assessment. Bascially the cameras sit in the incubator allowing images of the embryos to be taken every 5 minutes. The embryologist can then see each step in the embryos development without dusturbing the embryo by opening the incubator door... 1st fertility centre in NI to use this... Gosh I don't know what to do now!!!!

Hi jack, god I can't sleep bloody headache and nausea every time I lie down lol, schedule is from yesterday till mid oct. 3 weeks of this yucky spray, then 2 weeks of spray and injections, then the gel, by end oct should know if it worked or not, if your on injections next week you must be 2 weeks ahead of me, any tips on quieting these side effects down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->