IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Well.. Day 1 of Menopur :( let's say I'm not a fan of those injections! Was white as a sheet and a big wuss! Hopefully it'll get easier. DH was a trooper making a coffee for me and kept saying "good girl"-Lol!

Hope you're all keeping well. Jack doll hope you're feeling a wee bit better x

Hey everyone! How are u all doing?
Hopefaith, how are u getting on so far pet? I'm sure ur well used to the injections now. Have u had any scan yet? Xo

Hey hopefaith, how are you getting on?
When's planned EC?
I'm ok, going to get Xmas over me then start cycle no2 in January/February time..

Halloween was great craic with the nephews..xx

Hey, yes I've had 3 scans now one more tomorrow which will be last one. Saw dr Williamson on Thursday, so glad as I prefer her to the others. Left ovary had lots of follies few and right had two that were quite big- forget the measurements but dr was c happy. Bloods taken every scan is a bit annoying but so far they've come back ok- they don't seem worried about OHSS yet! Feel like a whale though :( so bloated and achey.

Hopefully all going well EC will be Tuesday- brickin it as I'm no good with pain!

Glad you're feeling a bit better jack doll you've a great attitude to staying focused on jan/ feb cycle :)

X

Good luck hopefaith for tomorrow...hope you get lots of eggs and make sure you rest after and let OH do all..

Thanks misses, I don't know how I'm being so strong through all this, I just look at my hubby and think to myself how lucky i am to have him and if its only me & him for the rest of our lives then I'm a lucky girl as he is one in a million xxx

Sleep tight and keep us updated on you egg collection xxx

Good luck hopefaith for tomorrow...hope you get lots of eggs and make sure you rest after and let OH do all..

Thanks misses, I don't know how I'm being so strong through all this, I just look at my hubby and think to myself how lucky i am to have him and if its only me & him for the rest of our lives then I'm a lucky girl as he is one in a million xxx

Sleep tight and keep us updated on you egg collection xxx

Well I'm absolutely crushed. Been up at that bloody place everyday since Sunday and dr says today I'm at risk of hyper stimulation-potentially badly as I've nearly 30 follicles on right and left has lots too. He was for candling whole thing at one point but decided to go a head Thursday morning for ec but do a freeze all instead. Just feel like I've let dh down and my body has let me down again. Fet haven't a great success rate I don't think, I maybe wrong... But just fed up. 2 years waiting and it feels like a waste of time. I'm feeling ill now though so part of me deep dins understands why they're doing freeze all, I'd be in hospital if it did go ahead and was a bfp- just upsetting.
I'll get over it eventually. I'll pop back on Thursday and let u know how many they got etc.
thanks for the support girls:)
X

So sorry to hear this mrs, but please try and stay strong, at least it hasn't been cancelled on you. Stay positive and be strong,
Everything crossed for Thursday.xxx

Well ec done, was awful, got myself into a right state. They got 30 eggs though! No wonder they were worried about OHSS. I've also got some sexy stockings to wear to prevent blood clots and Cabergoline tablets to take. Feeling sore and a bit woozy still from morphine, they topped it up a couple of times thank god! Ringing tomo to see how many fertilized- fingers crossed!

Whowhoooo well done... 30eggs is amazing. Lets hope you get lots of fertilised eggs mrs.xxx

EC was the worse experience of my life!!!! I cried out loud the whole time!!! did not expect that pain what so ever

Whowhoooo well done... 30eggs is amazing. Lets hope you get lots of fertilised eggs mrs.xxx

EC was the worse experience of my life!!!! I cried out loud the whole time!!! did not expect that pain what so ever

Ditto Jackdoll, i cried the whole time too, before it started too. Was awful, Thought i made a bit of a fool of myself, think i was just in shock lol. I'm hoping that I have a good number of fertilized eggs to freeze so I don't have to got through all that again so soon! Was considering egg sharing in the future with GCRM, reckon they'd love me with the number of eggs i produce lol!!:dohh:

Well hopefaith, how did you get on mrs?? Xxx

Well, I'm over the moon!! Out of the 30 eggs, 28 mature enough and 19 fertilized!! Lots of potential frozen babies:) ovaries not so crappy after all and my eggs seem to be great if 28 of them were good enough initially !

Just the wee wait now for things to settle, appointment on 12th dec to start planning FET.

Amazing well done, take it easy mrs. Wish you all the best.xxx

How's everyone doing? It's all gone a bit quiet in here.

Is anyond thinking of cycling at the new clinic GCRM Belfast??

X

Hopefaith, brilliant news for u pet! Hope you've gotten over the OHSS xo

Threebirds, we're gonna have our next cycle with gcrm belfast probably in the new year, they're gonna be open properly in January. Think they're seeing people for scans etc already and sending them over the Glasgow for EC and ET. Are u thinking of trying there?

Hope everyone else is well xo

Hiya Twinkle, yeh there or Lister but coming round to thinking Belfast in the new yr too - esp if they will do flare protocol as that might be better for us. Then if it doesnt wrk we could do final round at Lister in London in summer & have the knowledge of how I responded (or not) to flare.
Keep in touch if you hear any more about new Belfast clinic - any idea about prices?
How are you doing? xxxx

Hi all, I'm new to this although like most have been following this board for a while. My hubby and I are due to start icsi with rvh in feb. I'm just wondering if any of you ladies read the article in Saturdays daily mirror about the maya massage offered at a salon in Belfast that helps with fertility issues? I'm thinking about going for a consultation (£150) and booking some sessions in preparation for the ivf. Would really appreciate if anyone else has some feedback about this.

I hope you all don't mind me joining the chat and I have learnt soo much about the process ahead from your posts xx

Hi missytag, I've never heard of that but sure give it ago if you think it will be worthwhile. I'm starting my 2nd treatment in January time, it's a very long, hard and stressful process, but you will get threw it and look back and think how the hell have we got threw all this...and hopefully your outcome will be successful.. Unfortunately for us 1st time round didn't work, everything worked fine just got a BFN... Unexplained fertility is so frustrating at times... But anyway good luck in your forthcoming cycle and maybe we will be cycle buddies.xxxxxx

Hiya missytag :)
Good luck for your upcoming cycle! The maya massage sounds great. Id love to hear how your consulation goes. I see a trad chinese dr for acupuncture & herbs to help with fertility (& get dh to go when he can) and have also been to a wonderful woman who does hypnotherapy for fertility - this involved deep relaxation & reflexology & was lovely. Im not in Belfast though so harder for me to get to. There is also a woman in Holywood who does fertility acupuncture and I did go to her for a while (before I found the chinese dr who is much nearer to me) and I thought she was vg too.

Is anyone else getting reflexology / acupuncture / massage etc & where?

All the best lovely ladies x

Ladies thank you for both of your replies. Jack doll I'm sorry to hear your first cycle didn't turn out as you hoped but I hope that the second cycle gives you the BFP. I can imagine that the whole process is going to be pretty stressful and at the minute I feel like I'm not normal - because if I was I'd be pregnant already - if u know what I mean.

ThreeBirds - I've read about acupuncture being good as well but it's the thought of the needles the scare me (quite ironic since come feb ill b seeing a lot more of them!!) the stories from the massage sounded very positive. Unfortunately I'm not in Belfast either so if we go for it it will be a bit of a trek. The massage apparently helps align uterus and does work on the spleen which can be over active or under active and as a result hinder getting pregnant. I have to phone the girl back to find out more about it and possibly see about booking it.

Thanks for sharing you wisdom on here it does help prepare me for what is a head. I've been googling and reading probably way tooooo much!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->