IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Threebirds, fingers crossed everything is ok. Have you had your scan yet?
I went to Liz Duggan in Holywood for acupuncture. She was really good, explained the rationale behind it all. I'll definitely go back to her when I've got my dates.
Also had our consent appointment with the nurse. They're putting me on an antagonist cycle this time which I'm not that enthused about as I didn't really respond well the last time I was on it with origin. I've no idea why they think I'm gonna respond better than last time but apparently their approach is all AMH-based.
Anyway, hope all is well xo

Just got my letter through to say have reached top of waiting list.

Would anyone who has been through this before recommend taking time off work between the ec and tww? I wasn't planning to but have been told different things by different people. Just wondering what any of you thought??

Xxx

Hey!

been reading this thread for a few weeks now and thought it about time i should join in and share my thoughts and hopefully recieve more of yours!

for those who are on the IVF waiting list: i join the list in aug 2013, to be told i would be seen hopefully within a year. i called at the reception desk after that appointment only to be told " to be honest we are working on a 6 - 9 mths waiting list"... onyl to receive a letter saying i was at the top of the list 5 months later!!! great!

i had my first appointment for blood screening on 21.02.2014 and to be honest the app was less than 5 mins and was seen well before my appointment time and nurses were so nice and friendly.

my next appointment is to tak through my medication and they are saying its a 2 hr long appointment.. .but to be honest i dont think it will take that long. i have been through 6 cycles of IUI and am well familiar with self injecting, sprays and releasing drugs and the 2 week wait!!.

has anyone else recently been going through this stage at present and is there any advice they could give me or opinions on their treatment..

also i was told i could have IV sedation for my egg retrieval, is this correct??

thanks girlies!

Hi butterfly! Congrats on getting to the top of the list! I'm about to start my 3rd cycle and am definitely taking some time off work this time. I went back to work after my first et, then took a day off after the second one. I'm gonna try to take a week off this time at least, I'm self employed so it's difficult but I don't care this time! xo

Hi nette! Looks like we'll be cycling around the same time! I'm anxiously awaiting AF to let the clinic work out dates for my schedule but I'll be starting metformin on day 21 of this cycle then stims next cycle. Of course af is late this month but on her way, and all the while pushing my start date even further away!
Glad you've had a good experience so far at RVH. They were all really nice. I didn't get IV sedation for EC by things have changed since my cycle a year ago so I'm not sure. Hopefully they've changed it to IV tho as it's way better! Do u know what the plan is yet for ur schedule? xo

Yes twinklemama. things definately look like we will be around the same time.

was chatting with a friend of mine who had her second cycle 1 year ago and they have informed her since that IV is available, but you need to ask for it.... so that is all i will be asking for on my next app ( 04.03.14)... i think everyone should get it.... why not, we offer it to people for teeth extractions so why not IVF. so i will let you know how i get on with that one!!

my cycles used to be all over the show , but ever since i came of meds for IUI, my cycles seem to have become very regular. ( thats a first for me)... i am lucky to say they havent been able to find any issues why i havent been able to get pregnant... so they have labelled me with.... wait for it.... "idiopathic infertility"....!!!

hopefully i will have more answers on tues!

Hi nette, that's fab they can sedate u at the royal now, I had it at origin and will be having it again at gcrm- it's brilliant stuff! It gives a deeper sedation than for extractions so u will hardly remember a thing!
AF arrived this morning so I phoned clinic and will be starting metformin on 17th march and having my endo scratch done on 18th. I'm wetting myself about it as it's the only thing that will be new to me and the nurses keep saying its "uncomfortable" which likely means it's gonna wreck!
I love the term idiopathic, someone thought to invent a medical term for when they haven't got a clue! It's good for u tho as everything must look fine so hopefully ur cycle will give nature the little extra push it needs xo

full steam ahead for you!.... hmmmm the endo scratch doesnt sound too appealing. anything that goes to that region thats not ment to be there is sore... you should ask for at least some gas and air... i was offered it once for one of my IUI cycles. anything that helps is worth a go. :hug: ... its nice to have a start date... it seems like you wait for ages for something to happen, but once you get a date.... time flies!

I have only been on the list five months as well, was really surprised when letter arrived as I was told it would be a lot longer. I have my blood screening appointment on 18/03/14 and second apt at end of March. This is my first time so I really don't know what to expect. I am finding it really helpful reading what you have all experienced so thanks for posting so much info. If anyone has any more tips or info on what to expect I would really appreciate hearing it, that's the part I'm finding scariest, not knowing what happens next!

Xxx

thats great butterfly!... looks like you will only be a few weeks behind me... i will try and make sure i update as i go along... the wee nurses there are soo friendly and your first bloods appointment will be over in less than 5 mins... i have next app on tues coming so i will be asking plenty of questions and i will let you know.... my main one being i really want IV sedation... in my book its one less thing to stress about!... let us know how you get on at your apps

Thanks nette!! Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow!! Anything that makes it a wee bit easier sounds good to me, it's also good to know you need to ask for it!thanks!!

Hey girls

Just popping in to see how everyone is doing!!

Threebirds massive massive congrats :hugs: I hope you are well and everything is going good such wonderful news xx

Twinklemama how are you feeling everything sounds positive that endo scratch eek sounds interesting but hey missus if it helps it's all worth it! When do you officially start D/R I see that you are on an antagonist cycle this time round what are you doing differently I really hope this is it for you sweetie everything sounds good though so fingers crossed :hugs:

Hi to all the other girls you will find so much support on here :)

AFM Well the twins are nearly 7 1/2 months I can't believe it time is flying by..... Back to work in April but I will be job sharing which is good I get to stay home with them as much as I can and my mum is taking them in the days my husband can't so making it a little easier. This is my wee miracles now have gotten so big feel so blessed and extremely lucky to have them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2
I had my appointment yesterday with the Nurse, She brought me into the room and basically asked about my last AF, then asked me to call over to the Pharmacy in the RVH and collect my drugs (big bag full!)

was seen by the nurse again and she talking through my sprays, injections, gels and my schedules.

i started AF today'ish, but will probably count tomorrow as my first day of proper AF. which means i will be downregulating starting on the 26th 4 times a day, then onto the injections when AF starts again. after that i will be full steam ahead. aiming for egg collection around 2nd or 3rd week of April....:wacko:

oh yes an i asked for my IV......:shrug:... and they said that they use to do it under GA, but they removed the facitlites from them and the only place that can do IV is the city hosp. but they dont have the embryo facilities there.... but she said the dosage of the morphine kinda drug can be upped... and patients get a good responce.... but i guess i will just have to wait and see how that pans out!!.... so they use to offer GA and now have cut right back to pain relief and gas and air.... that sounds like perfect sense... NOT!

GemmaG..... your two little ones are beautiful... so nice to see a perfect out come!... God Bless!

Hey Gemma, good to hear from u! Can't believe the twins are 7 1/2 months now, where does the time go!? I'm back on an antagonise cycle this time so no down reg for me, thankfully no sprays! I start metformin to ward off OHSS on 17th, which is day 21 of my cycle, then straight on to menopur injections when AF starts, think we're aiming for EC around the second week of April. It'll be almost a year to the day since my last! I remember u saying u we're looking at egg donation, have u thought any more about it? Hope all is well xo

Hi nette, glad u got on well at ur appointment, they're all really nice up there. My mum is going to collect my drugs for me tomoro, have to clear space in the fridge tonight! xo

Hi all.

I'm new to this site but just wanted to know if anyone is waiting to start IVF at RVH in the near future? Would be nice to have some support as I don't know what to expect. We have been told its 'unexplained fertility' which is so frustrating. We had our initial appointment mid Jan 14 and were put straight onto the waiting list for IVF. Anyone else in the same position?

Hi nette, glad to hear your appointment went well. That's a bit rubbish that they don't do iv anymore, it sounds a better option!

I have my blood screening appointment next Tuesday and then my appointment with the nurse is 31st March, that will be day 22 of my cycle so not sure if that means I will have to wait another while to be able to start anything?

Hi Sunshine, I am in a similar position to you, this is my first time at IVF and I don't know what to expect either, the girls on this site are all really nice and I have found it really good as it gives you a wee bit of an idea about what to expect at certain appointments etc. We joined the waiting list in September and got our offer to start treatment after 5 months which was a lot quicker than I expected!

Hiya Twinkle & Gemma & everyone who's cycling now or getting ready to :)
Thanks for your congrats & best wishes - I was too scared to post anything in case I jinx things, Im now 11wks and taking it all day by day :) This week Im going to the new GCRM Belfast for the Harmony blood test & nuchal scan (we decided we would prefer to know if there are any issues or liklihood of the preg not being viable). Will be nervewracking but also interesting to see the new clinic. We got our surprise bfp just as we were about to start with the Lister, London & would have had the scans done at GCRM Belfast.

Gemma, thanks for posting the picture, your babies are gorgeous and you are such a good inspiration for us all :hugs:

Good luck to everyone that's starting ivf at the moment. Really really hoping to see some bfps in here soon!
:dust:

Happy St Patrick's everyone x

Hey girls. Haven't been on here in a while... Thought if pop in and say hello to everyone,
At the min I'm on round 2 of IVF. Unfortunately 1st time round was unsussesfull... I'm home with my drugs and phoning clinic today with my day 1st day of AF... This time around Royal have changed things around from my last cycle which was in October. The nurse said these changes are from feedback last year etc so let's hope they are for the better...
Gemma twins are beautiful. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->