IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Hey threebirds, I'm doing grand thanks, have just been trying to keep my mind off ivf etc for a while which is why I haven't been on here much. Had a bit of a wobble yesterday after visiting a friend and everyone had brought their babies. It does get easier dealing with it but just annoys me sometimes! Plus the relentless pregnancy announcements and births on Facebook! I should really take myself off it!
How are u doing? U must be thinking the same as me, starting in the new year again- new year, new start and all that! I've no idea about prices at gcrm but I would imagine it'll be around the same as the Glasgow treatment which is £4020 for ICSI plus whatever the drugs cost. I think there's also a fee for registration appointment which was £250 when they were still working out of medical associates. Hopefully it's a case of u get what u pay for!!!

Hi missytag! This page has been a godsend for me, being able to chat with girls going through the same thing is great therapy. I've heard about maya massage, a friend of a friend swears its what worked for her after several BFN's, she got her twins after introducing maya massage. I'm thinking about it myself but our next cycle will be private after our nhs cycle in april, so it will add to the costs considerably. I'm thinking more of trying acupuncture this time as the lady threebirds was using lives close to me, so it would be handy. I'm really not sure yet what to do, might go for a session of each before we start and see what I like best.
Do u know what cycle you're gonna be on yet? Or have any dates? Maybe we'll all be cycle buddies in the new year! It's such a frightening experience first time round cos u don't really know what to expect, but I've definitely found its not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Just the 2ww was what i struggled with-I'm the most impatient person on the planet and I couldn't cope well with not knowing what was gonna happen! I'm gonna have to come up with ways of entertaining myself better next time! Xo

Hi twinkle mama,
Thank u for that. I do feel anxious about starting and I'm not really sure what to expect, even though I've read every forum, book and website I could get my hands on lol at my last app the nurse had said my short enough cycle because I have a very high ovarian reserve in case of over stimulation.
I can imagine that 2ww is very hard to do!! I'm thinking that I need to slow thing down a bit because at the minute I am go go go with either exercise classes or work. It's all go. It is great to ear oter peoples experiences and also to feel that u r not on ur own cos it can be hard for friends to understand especially when they have their own bundle of joy!! I'm going to go see about the Mayan massage so will let u all know how it goes xx

Hi twinkle mama,
Thank u for that. I do feel anxious about starting and I'm not really sure what to expect, even though I've read every forum, book and website I could get my hands on lol at my last app the nurse had said my short enough cycle because I have a very high ovarian reserve in case of over stimulation.
I can imagine that 2ww is very hard to do!! I'm thinking that I need to slow thing down a bit because at the minute I am go go go with either exercise classes or work. It's all go. It is great to ear other peoples experiences and also to feel that u r not on ur own cos it can be hard for friends to understand especially when they have their own bundle of joy!! I'm going to go see about the Mayan massage so will let u all know how it goes xx

Hi Miss, welcome :) I've just been through my first ICSI cycle at rfc in oct/nov there. Like you I have high AMH (93.3) and was put on short protocol. Started me on a low dose then upped it and i ended up with both ovaries looking like alien egg sacks with loads of follies! They didn't want to do a fresh transfer due to ohss risk so I had a freeze all. I was initially pretty devastated but later realized why it was the best thing. You will be nervous but like the others said you will get through it all :) I am due to be back in a couple of weeks to start ball rolling for FET which will be in new year. The only thing I would give as advise (not fond of giving advise as each to their own etc) but if your a high responder just have it in your head they may well freeze all your embies and bring you back after risk of ohss passes. I was a bit naive which i guess is why i initially was gutted. Ohss isn't nice at all, even when its mild!

best of luck mrs. Lets just have a nice xmas and try to forget all the dramas of past year for all

Just popping my head in to see how y'all are doing!!

Twinklemama hopefaith good luck for the treatment in the new year hopefully it brings new beginnings for you both:hugs:

:hi: Missytags good luck for your treatment also the girls here will be absolute lifesavers I couldn't have gotten through my treatment without having these girls to vent too!!

Threebirds Jackdoll good luck for your next cycle whenever it will be I really hope you both get your happy ending :hugs:

Sorry if I missed anyone hope you all have a wonderful christmas and 2014 brings loads of :dust: :dust: :dust:

Happy new year everyone. Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2014. I have decided to join this for some support. We have been trying now for 18months. We have just been put on the NHS list for ICSI (husbands count is a little low, but not terrible). There is a 9month waiting time! So we have an appointment with private in Belfast next week. Very nervous and still a bit in shock that we have to go down this road but we have accepted it. Not sure when they will schedule us to start. As soon as possible I hope. Anyone else starting? Trying to keep positive!!! :wacko: xxxxx

Hi happybelle! Welcome! It's a nerve wracking experience going through all of this but you'll be grand! Especially with forums like this for support from girls going through it too.
I had my first appointment with GCRM belfast on Tuesday just for bloods to check my AMH ahead of a consultation with Dr Agbaje. Took them 4 goes to get a vein but eventually I bled! I'm much more positive this time around as I'm gonna have a scratch done and we're gonna use the EEVA monitoring of our embies, so hopefully it'll be 3rd time lucky for us. Just not sure when i'll be cycling yet. Which clinic are u going to privately? xo

Hi, just new to this and decided to join for some support. On NHS waiting list for ICIS at RVH. Not sure what to expect really so a little bit nervous about what's to come! Also impatient and don't like having to wait for anything!! Trying hard to stay positive!

Hi everyone
Just a wee update from me, we are going for a 3rd ICSI (1st was with Origin, got 1 egg, bfn; 2nd was with RVH, cancelled due to no response). We have an apt with the Lister in London at the end of the month & will start cycle asap after that. Hoping it will be short flare protocol with no downreg. Will have scans with Dr Agbaje at new Belfast clinic then back to London if there are eggs to collect/transfer. Im a poor responder so really need a lot of luck on our side!

Hows everyone else doing?

X

Hi Twinkle, when is your apt with Dr Agbaje? Have you seen him before? ;-)
Sounds like you have a great plan for this cycle. Will be keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Welcome butterfly, Im sure you'll find it really great chatting to girls on here.

Hi Gemma, thanks for popping in here :) you are a great source of hope :hug:
Happy new year to you & yours. How are the twins? Big hugs xxx

Hey there butterfly! Loads of info on this thread so hopefully u will feel prepared when ur time comes! Wishing u loads of luck, and positive thinking in the meantime!

Hey threebirds, we've seen dr Agbaje a couple of times-he did my EC at the royal then we saw him at medical associates before the new gcrm opened for review- we were gonna start another cycle via his satellite with gcrm but decided to wait, but we'd made the appointment and kept it. He's really lovely, very positive but straight talking at the same time. I knew him from before anyway through my work so he's been fab, emailed me when I first contacted medical associates and has told me to email if I have any questions, which he replies to very promptly. The new clinic is lovely, the nurses are all very friendly and I ended up getting my blood taken by dr meehan as my veins are so rubbish! He was lovely too if u end up seeing him.
Sounds like ur all geared up for another round. I've heard so many good things about the lister so here's hoping this is the lucky one for u! We're back for consultation with dr Agbaje on 3rd feb, I'm gonna have a scratch done this cycle so not sure when i'll be able to start dr, but I'm hoping its fairly soon. Maybe we'll be cycling together!

Hey threebirds, we've seen dr Agbaje a couple of times-he did my EC at the royal then we saw him at medical associates before the new gcrm opened for review- we were gonna start another cycle via his satellite with gcrm but decided to wait, but we'd made the appointment and kept it. He's really lovely, very positive but straight talking at the same time. I knew him from before anyway through my work so he's been fab, emailed me when I first contacted medical associates and has told me to email if I have any questions, which he replies to very promptly. The new clinic is lovely, the nurses are all very friendly and I ended up getting my blood taken by dr meehan as my veins are so rubbish! He was lovely too if u end up seeing him.
Sounds like ur all geared up for another round. I've heard so many good things about the lister so here's hoping this is the lucky one for u! We're back for consultation with dr Agbaje on 3rd feb, I'm gonna have a scratch done this cycle so not sure when i'll be able to start dr, but I'm hoping its fairly soon. Maybe we'll be cycling together!

Hiya Twinkle, the new clinic sounds really great. Def good to have more options in NI. I reckon it does sound like we'll be cycling together :) that would be great. Yeh totally agree about Dr Agbaje (he's been so good at answering my emails too) & cool you knew him already. What work do you do?
Im getting a bit nervous about Lister apt next week but will be good to get there. All the best xx

Hi everyone,
I used to be in this thread long ago. I just thought I would pop in to say hello :flower: I was blessed with a baby boy in november. Healthy 7pounder via normal delivery.

We were given only 4% of successful ICSI cycle as I had severe polycystic ovaries, and other hypersensitivities (My body will try to kill my embryo thinking it as a virus) :sad1: My hubby had severe male factor infertility as well. BUT.. against all odds, miracle did happen. I had to fight with Gestational Diabetes, Uncontrolled Asthma, SPD and PGP and on top of it a horrible mother in law and a full time job as a nurse in NHS.

But somehow, I managed to get my little man to full term and had a normal delivery (18 hours labour - which he is gonna hear rest of his life :haha:).

The one thing which got me going was this forum, and this thread buddys, for which I am always grateful. Though I couldn't post, I was trying to read all your posts. :hugs:

Good luck to you all. Lots of baby dust and prayers for everyone. Keep your hopes up. :hugs:

Ps: My sister who also had polycystic, has now conceived and expecting a baby in May. She conceived through Letrozole 3rd cycle.

Congratulations Ruby! So happy u have been blessed with your little miracle! Hope ur both doing well! xo

Hey threebirds! We had our appt today for consultation with dr Agbaje. All very positive, my AMH had gone up to 40! It was 16 back in origin, I didn't realise it could fluctuate so much. Our case will be discussed on Thursday at the consultants meeting then the nurses will be in touch to arrange consenting appt and scheduling, then we'll be underway!
Have u had ur lister appt yet? Good luck if u haven't been yet xo
I work as a dentist btw, such fun (NOT!) xo

Hey threebirds! We had our appt today for consultation with dr Agbaje. All very positive, my AMH had gone up to 40! It was 16 back in origin, I didn't realise it could fluctuate so much. Our case will be discussed on Thursday at the consultants meeting then the nurses will be in touch to arrange consenting appt and scheduling, then we'll be underway!
Have u had ur lister appt yet? Good luck if u haven't been yet xo
I work as a dentist btw, such fun (NOT!) xo

Hiya Twinkle, so pleased your consultation went well, that is a super AMH :thumbup::thumbup: (The highest mine has ever been was 3!). The new Belfast clinic sounds great. I'm sure working as a dentist is really interesting, I work in education, but don't want to say too much as NI is such as small place lol and I don't want students or colleagues finding me here :blush:

We didn't make it to the Lister as 3 days before we got ..........
a surprise natural bfp!!!!! How's that for feckin mad timing! It is super early days so we are afraid of another loss and just taking it minute by minute and day by day.

All the best, xx

Threebirds, that is amazing news!!! Congratulations pet! What a fantastic reason to cancel your trip to the lister! I'll keep everything crossed for u that this works out for u both this time.
I have my first acupuncture session tomoro evening then our consent appointment on Tuesday, so we're all ready to go.
I know what u mean about ni being a small world btw! Xo

Thanks Twinkle, I have had a wee scare with a small bleed on Sat, so no idea if pregnancy is ok or not & going to wait another wk or so for scan - no point going to early and being told to come back in a week.

Im so excited for you that you are about to start your gcrm belfast cycle :) Who are you going to for accupuncture? Good luck
:dust:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"