IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

Hi Jackdoll
Fx for your ivf cycle hun, really hope it brings you your bfp
:dust:
What changed have RFC made for your cycle this time?
X

Hi threebirds, they are using a different trigger shot and starting the gels from egg collection day. This is a change on all patients. my last cycle went according to plan until the 2ww.
It looks like as if all patients will only be on sprays 2-3weeks then injections. So this will speed the process up. All being well my schedule should be in the post this week and ill know exactly when everything will be happening.

Hello all

I am new to this forum

We were put on NHS ivf list in feb 14 the doc told me the waiting list is six month.

It’s been very hard for me. i am trying from last four years it’s so depressing :cry:

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2010 and my hubby too have low count ( not much issue according to our doc)

i already went through so Many infertility treatments

I am feeling happy after reading this forum .

I was wondering is there any preparation I have to do before they start.

Thanks a lot for +ve feedback

Good afternoon ladies. so got my schedule in the post friday week ago, just after booking a holiday.... so had to go back and cancel holiday as it is too close to my appointments... so am on spray from 26th march and then starting injections on the 18th April and egg collection is on the 30th April .... MY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!! so then hoping for a 5 day transfer which is on the May day bank Holiday ..... BELFAST MARATHON DAY....which my husband has been training for!!.... so i am hoping that the drugs will work super fast and at least get me in before the 30th which will work great!.... dreading starting the meds again... had 6 rounds of IUI with same drugs and i have to say it was nice not having to spray and inject.... the things us girls have to do...
i was also down for haing unexplaned infertility but it looks like it might be a antibody problem which is why they have transferred us to ICIS.... so here's hoping!!

Hi girls, I've only be off here a couple of weeks and so much is happening!

Threebirds, I'm absolutely delighted for u! Hope all is going well! Xo

Good luck to everyone starting soon, and welcome to the girls who have just joined us!

I was due to start my injections today but we've been delayed. I started metformin on 17th (which is fine, just a little nausea), and went for mock transfer and endo scratch on 18th. They weren't able to do it tho as I was told there is a couple of ridges in my cervix which are making it difficult to put the catheter in for both scratch and transfer. So now I'm going for a cervical dilatation under IV sedation on 17th April which will allow them to "map" my cervix so they can navigate it better for the next transfer, they'll also do the scratch when I'm sedated, then start next month. 5 consultants sat in a meeting discussing my cervix to decide this lol!!! So now I can relax for another week or so and have a drink at the Gary Barlow concert on Saturday, yay!

Hope all is good with everyone, night night xo

Good afternoon ladies, I have been on my spray now for just under 2 weeks, should have been due AF on saturday, has anyone else noticed a delay in AF... i will be othe spray 2 weeks on wednesday, although i was told to phone tomorrow if there was no sign of AF.... defo not pregnant, but was just wondering how everyone else got on?

Got my schedule this week, start tablets at end of April and injections on 15th May, don't have any sprays. It's good to finally have some dates and know when things are happening! Not looking forward to having to inject myself though, is it really horrible or am I imagining that it will be worse than it really is?

Hi, everyone, not been on here since I failed my ICSI and FET, on my third and finally shot at it now, took my trigger shot last night and egg. Collection is tomorrow morning. I must admit I have no side effects this time, not sore, no headaches etc makes me feel like it has not worked, I had a scan on Friday could see 8 follies on right but again my left ovary was hiding behind my bowel. I hope this is working as without side effects I'm getting more worried.
Hope everyone is doing well on there cycles, just gonna read back and see what everyone is up too xxxxx

Good luck for tomorrow scarlet rose, Im on my 2nd go at IVF. Started the sprays last week and egg collection scheduled for 12th may...

Good luck for tomoro scarletrose, i'm sure everything is fine, maybe a difference from ur failed cycles is a good sign xo

Jackdoll, I should be right with u, estimating my egg collection will be around 7th may, depending on when AF comes. Having my scratch and cervical dilatation done on Thursday, thank goodness they're sedating me for it! xo

Good luck twinklemamma..hope this is your time..... Scarlet let us know how your egg collection goes xxxx

Hi all, well had egg collection this morning, arrived there, remember going in to the theatre area then next thing I know i was sat with my DH an hour later, don't remember a thing, so much easier and less painful than the first time, lol
We got 11 eggs so not bad, bit tender down below now, but DH is running about after me. Fingers crossed for the phone call in the morning

Wow 11eggs is amazing, well done scarlet rose. Everything crossed for yous.xxx anyone else in the thread planned egg collection for 12th may??

Hi ScarletRose,

Well done on your egg collection. I hope this mornings call went well for ye.

I will be starting treatment in May and to be honest the egg collection part is stressing me out. I have heard so many horror stories, and on the other hand I have heard from people that it is not too bad. I was just wondering where you are having your treatment?

Thank you xo

Hi butterfly, I am attending the royal hospital in Belfast, this is my 2nd round of IVF. Being honest I was not afraid of egg collection the first time around as I believe I have a very high pain threshold. Egg collection weakly knocked me for 6, and it was dreadful, I had to get extra pain relief and cried out loud the whole way through it. But hey look at me now going for round 2. I have made the consultant aware that I want the highest dosage before the procedure starts the next time so it's all on my notes... Good luck with your cycle, have you received your schedule?

Hi, butterfly and jack drool,

Well 5 out of 11 are still going, hope they keep going strong till day 5.

Butterfly don't stress on egg collection, I have found it different both times, first round I was totally stressed and I think that added to the pain, but I was only on morphine and watched it all happening, this time I have not had any side effects all treatment, I'm a bit achy on tummy now but nothing worse than a slight period pain and for the collection I was unconscious the whole time.

1st time I was with RVH as it was my free one on NHS, this time we paid for it and found Origin had better reviews.

The Origin have been amazing all the staff are so friendly, I can't fault them at all.

Good luck jack doll on this second go my fingers and toes are crossed for you xx

Butterfly stay calm and chilled, this thread has helped me a lot through my journey, rest of Goggle searches freaked me out lol xx

Hi everyone
Just popping in for a wee catch up. Congratulations on your 5 embies scarlet rose, keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck to everyone cycling at the moment x

:dust:

Hi ScarletRose & Jackdoll,

Thank you for your replies.

Jackdoll, I am going for my bloods on the 30th Apr & then have treatment plan app early May. I would say I have a good pain threshold as well, have severe Endo so am used to very painful periods. This our first IVF attempt & it's our free NHS go. I think I will ask if it is possible to get as much pain relief as possible ��. What is the process? Do they administer the medication, leave you for a while for the medication to kick in and once that has happened the egg collection will begin? I'm just trying to prepare myself in advance for what happens. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck with your treatment xo

ScarletRose, I had a feeling when you said the egg collection wasn't too bad that you were not with the Royal for this round of IVF. I hope all goes well for your transfer. Let us know how ye get on xo

Butterfly, you are straight in up on the bed and get pain relift through your vain on your wrist, then few minutes later procedure started, during the procedure they give me more stuff in my vain plus gas & air! The royal are fantastic, I start my injections 30th April then planned egg collection 12th may. Don't stress over egg collection. I'm doing it all over again so it mustn't be all that bad! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->