• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI at RVH??? Cycle buddy OCT/NOV xx

twinkle mama there is a wee poem I would love to share with you, I have this laminated and stuck on my fridge for about 4 years now. its beautiful!

There are women that become mothers without effort, without thought,
without patience or loss and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.
I will be better not because of genetics, or money or that I have read more books,
but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.
I have longed and waited. I have cried and prayed.
I have endured and planned over and over again.
Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.
I will notice everything about my child.
I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover. I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.
I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream.
My dream will be crying for me.
I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child that my friends will not see.
Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.
I will be a better mother for all that I have endured. I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better daughter, neighbor, friend and sister because I have known pain.
I know disillusionment as I have been betrayed by my own body, I have been tried by fire and hell many never face, yet given time, I stood tall.
I have prevailed.
I have succeeded.
I have won.
So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run from their pain in order to save myself discomfort. I see it, mourn it, and join them in theirs.
I listen.
And even though I cannot make it better, I can make it less lonely. I have learned the immerse power of another hand holding tight to mine, of other eyes that moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth and when life is beyond hard. I have learned a compassion that only comes with walking in those shoes.
I have learned to appreciate life.
Yes I will be a wonderful mother.

twinklemama,
I believe we will all be wonderful mothers, just it different ways & unfortunately we will all have to go down a different path.
take care XX

Oh twinklemama :hug: I am so so sorry My heart absolutely broke for you I don't even know what to say......life can be so so cruel :hug: take care of yourself lovely :hugs: xx

Thanks girls and Nette, thank you so much, that's a really lovely poem. The words couldn't be more true. I'm doing ok today, just keeping busy in work and looking forward to my boss' wedding on Friday.

that's the best thing to do... just put it in the past... keep yourself busy, u will have good days and bad and just take each as they come. I love that wee poem too. you should read it often it really has helped me.

Jackdoll, how are you getting on at the minute?... any cramps or twinges??.... i got my letter from embryologist... they managed to save 3 blast for me for future. which is good.

Nette that's brilliant, I got 2 frosties from this cycle :)
Now and again I'm getting weird feelings in my tummy and shooting pains in my vagina. I've also had 2-3 cramps in my left side which have started & ended roughly 10 seconds later over the past 2 days. I'm 4dp5dt. Dying to test! It's killing me. When did you test? Are you still poas? Hope you get your appointment soon ;)

2 ice babies, thats good, it feels good to have some kind of back up. twinges are sounding normal, i got ones like that especially on left hand side, i guess its them slowly reducing to normal size again. and yes i got a few shoot pains aswell. quite sore ones. i tested 10days past 5DT. i also tested 12dp5dt, 13dp5dt & i done another one there on tues past.. as i cant believe it. and still possitive. i have another at home so might use it on monday. they are coming up right away and really strong. yeah i hope app comes soon, a bit more confirmation will hopefully put my mind to ease slightly. the first real symptoms i had which made me test 10dp 5dt was a real tightness around the naval area, like i had done loads of sit ups and pulled muscles. which i still have now. it hasnt gone since then. especially if your reaching for something or turning around. 13dp 5dt, i really started to feel sick for about 36hrs continuous... i am really routing for you!!..... keep me posted. (sent of my letter on tues past so i will see how long it takes for app to come through)

Hey nette. I'm 5dp5dt and got a BFP on my first urine this morning, just couldn't stop myself, then 4 hours later I poas again and got another BFP.... Oh my cant believe it but trying not to get to excited, is the trigger diffently out of my system. I took trigger Sunday 11th may....

i wouldn't be 100% sure if it was out of your system yet... there is a good change it could be.... best thing to do it test in a few days time say Monday morning and then compare.... sounds good so far though.the first test I done was 10dp5dt.

Exiting Jackdoll! It's a good sign, but give yourself another couple of days and test again. The waiting and not knowing is the hardest. Keeping everything crossed for u xo

Thanks girls, I have now tested 3 days in a row. Fri,sat,sun and all BFP's. think they are getting slightly darker but diffently not lighter! I'm so scared & shocked, I'm in Dublin here lying in the hotel room and feel really sick. I have a constant tightness pain in my belly and now and again few cramps. I just want to go home, my mum & sisters are with me & I haven't told them because I don't want them to get their hopes up incase it's not right. I'm 7dp5dt today and its 14 days since trigger...

Twinkle how ate you, did you have a good time at the wedding? X

Nette any date yet? X

Congrats again Jackdoll, I'm so pleased for you. How was 1D? I'm kinda jealous!
The wedding was brilliant, it was so lovely to see my boss so happy. The speeches were hilarious. It really took my mind off everything aswell. Xo

its sounding promising Jackdoll, still early days yet, but the signs are looking good..... I am still poas as I am waiting for the bad news, its hard to get your head around, that I could have possibly worked.... keep it to yourself until at least the testing day you were given. its good to compare the results.

glad the wedding went well twinkle mama, now you need to book yourself a we treat away somewhere nice.... can I recommend Farnham estate in cavan..... absolutely heavenly!

no date yet for scan, am hoping to get a letter some day this week as I only posted confirmation off on Tuesday last week, as I kept holding onto it incase I had got it all wrong.

so if I am right I will be 6wks on Wednesday coming? is that right?. egg collection on the 30.04.14 and transfer on bank holiday Monday.

my we sis is due her 1st baby this Thursday as well , so the BFP has made that situation a lot easier for me.

fingers and toes crossed Jackdoll!!!

Morning girls,
Twinkle 1D was really good. But glad to be home, just felt guilty being away and felt I should have been relaxing at home..

I am now 8dp5dt. The line is so clear and just as dark as the testing line. I have 4 days of tests all first response and you can clearly see it getting darker each day. I have a constant pain in my belly. And every now and again I get cramps.. My test day is Wednesday. Just a shame the royal don't take you back in for blood tests...

Nette I'm not sure how you work out how many weeks you are... How do you know what day to count from etc.?

Twinkle I'm still amazed that this has worked, well at the minute anyway. It does work & it will work for you..xxxx

no not taking it anymore, my test day was the day that i finished it, i take it your the same?.... although i am still getting the remains of it! ...yuk!

Nette I'm afraid to stop it because alot of clinics etc make you take it up to 12 weeks to support the uterus then the placenta kicks in 10-12 weeks! I'm going to phone the royal with a few questions tomorrow. Hopefully my mind will be at ease. Also nette did you ask your doctor to do blood tests? Most clinics give blood tests 2-4 days etc to make sure levels are rising! This is another thing royal does not do!

i am 23 days since my 5dt. and I am feeling great now... feeling tired on and off. to be honest I am just enjoying having now injections tests scans tablets gels etc . having a blood test in my eyes is not going to change the situation any and if all is not going well, well I guess I will find out when the time comes. I suppose I will get AF if all is not going well as well. but I guess tomorrow I will be around 6 weeks pregnant so I might phone the rvh and see if they will give me a scan app over the phone. but I am just believing in whatever is ment to be will be. I also have to go to my own GP on Tuesday next week to get a wee possible skin cancer lump removed on my arm so I will prob say to them then and see what they suggest.... it wont be long to the 29th for your test day... thurs, that's the day my sis is due her baby as well. how you feeling? all seems to be going well for you!!! exciting stuff!

Hey nette, I am still getting BFP's stronger each day. I have a lot of cramps & pains in my belly. Did you have this? I'm so worried, just praying AF stays away.
That's great about your sister hope all goes well for her, yea you should phone rvh, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->