• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI August

Thank you Helen. Has hit me abit today. Your right, NICE guidelines in the UK recommend three free tries under NHS. You know we don't get this. I am lucky I get two free goes. (which isn't really free - for those of you in other countries we pay alot of national insurance contributions.) Anyway, I only had one embroyo transferred which didn't enthuse me from the start. It was a grade 1 8 cell embroyo. Anyway, I hope they will put two back next time. I shall be 35 then so hopefully this may work in my favour. Although am paranoid about my age (which is something I tell everyone else off for) Anyway, just have to find my PMA. Its funny I'm not surprised its failed really but just sad, I think your right you invest so much time and effort. Also, like others I have given up lots of things I enjoy. Anyway, will allow myself to mope today then tomorrow I shall go for some retail therapyxxx Thanks for support

so sorry inky :hugs: I know what it feels like for it to fail as many ladies on here sadly do :nope:

Your test date is still 4 days away though and I have a friend on here who bled lots and though it was def over but it wasn't despite the lots of blood. Keep going with the pessaries, I had to too and it was a bit gross but just incase the clinic wouldn't say that if it wasn't for a reason :hugs:

xxxx

Why oh why am I so stupid...
Confession ladys, I did a hpt on Friday and Saturday to see if the hcg had left my body,this was a week past transfer at the point of testing....it returned a negative result so was confident any future testing would not have been effect by hcg injection or would it!!

Well today I felt like pants and decided to buy a first response pregnancy test that can give posative results 6 days before period is due...
I did it about an hour ago and 2 pink lines appeared aka pregnant..... So I then did another test using a clear blue digital using the same sample of urine.... And it came back as not pregnant!!! Baring in mind it states do not use until first day of missed period.

I am kicking myself in limbo and don't know what to make of it all. I got told to test Thursday by clinic but that wouldn't be 2 weeks if I had my egg transfer on Friday 3rd is it???

I am so confused :(

I don't even feel pregnant not like I did with the others, not sure what's going on?

What do you think ladys, apart from me being stupid by testing now and not Thursday!!

Hugs to all
X

Hi Mummy - the clinic did say that needed to see how it goes with bleeding. If flow increases to stop. Thank you for your optimism. Has cheered me up. I think it is my AF though. Have also been on phone to close friends who have been lovely and made me laugh. Hope everyone else is bearing upxxx

Hi Nat

PeeOnAStick.com is a really good site. You might find some useful information. The first response probably has a higher sensitivity for picking up HCG than clearblue test. You probably need to try with a first response again. If you look on the side of the packet it will tell you how sensitive test is . I think first response is 25iu. You might be able to compare. Other than that leave it for another 48 hours.

I am hopeful for you, Sounds like good news.xxx

Yikes Nat! Well, I heard that you rarely get a false positive so that BFP sounds good to me. How's the spotting going? I've barely had any but just the tiniest of specs. But it's the fact my bbs just aren't sore any more and I feel totally normal that makes me think it's over. I broke news to hubby and he still seemed optimistic - but I know it in my heart and when he realised that, he was so sweet, just hugged me and said we'll move to the coast and get another dog! I love him so much. One good thing that's come out of this is that hubby and I are closer then ever. i know it tears some couples apart but made us so strong. x

Yikes Nat! Well, I heard that you rarely get a false positive so that BFP sounds good to me. How's the spotting going? I've barely had any but just the tiniest of specs. But it's the fact my bbs just aren't sore any more and I feel totally normal that makes me think it's over. I broke news to hubby and he still seemed optimistic - but I know it in my heart and when he realised that, he was so sweet, just hugged me and said we'll move to the coast and get another dog! I love him so much. One good thing that's come out of this is that hubby and I are closer then ever. i know it tears some couples apart but made us so strong. x

Hello Hun

Aw u and ya other half sound so close, that's definitely a good thing in your life Hun.... I think since loosing lillie and dealing with all this fertility stuff it's definatly testing our relationship. You and your other half sound strong and I am sure you will get through all this and make fab parents Hun.
Don't count ya self out yet Hun, I definitely haven't ;)
So your testing Saturday? Why don't you do a early response one tomorrow, apparently can tell 6 days before missed period...,not sure how it works.
I am going for a pregnancy blood test tomorrow at 10am.

I don't feel pregnant at all hence why I am confused. I will test first thing again

So what are your plans Hun?

Hugs
Nat xxx

Hi Nat

PeeOnAStick.com is a really good site. You might find some useful information. The first response probably has a higher sensitivity for picking up HCG than clearblue test. You probably need to try with a first response again. If you look on the side of the packet it will tell you how sensitive test is . I think first response is 25iu. You might be able to compare. Other than that leave it for another 48 hours.

I am hopeful for you, Sounds like good news.xxx

Thanks Hun
I will have a quick look now
I am presuming the lower the number the more sensitive is that right?

Hugs
Nat x

Nat, you and your other half have been through so much, you deserve some good news. Good luck for tomorrow!

I think I'll do a PG test tomorrow. I have some cheap high-sensitivity tests I can use so might just try one tomorrow first thing but in my heart of hearts, feel like it's over. x

Yep thats right Nat. Sounds like you will get BFP

Oh Trixie you are husband sound so wonderful together. He sounds lovely. I think if you haven't got your AF yet it is a bonus. I have mine and I know about it. Brown blood is often implantation bleeding. Alot of people have thought they weren't pregnant and gotten a BFP

Gosh I ought to go to bed. I am on here because can't sleep. I suppose I should try. Poor husband thinks I am avoiding him!!! Personally, think is the other way around.

Will be back in a few days to get an update about everyone. Bye for nowxxxxxxx

Inky I hope it isn't really AF!

Nat good luck for your blood test - sounds like a BFP to me!

Trix - hang on in there, no way is it over for you yet!

Helen - hoping you are ok and that those levels have gone up!

hi to everyone else, hope you are all ok.

:hugs: and :dust:

Well, I took a cheap 10 MIu test this morning - the ones that can detect pregnancy really early - and it was a BFN. I know it's over (still vaguely spotting, not showing on knickers yet but occasional brown streaks and tiny clots). Us girls just know our bodies and know it didn't work.

I feel fine actually. like Inky said, it's better to get spotting first as it eases you into the bad news. I'll chat to the clinic once I know for sure (eg. if I get red blood or when I get a BFN Sunday) and see if we can get NHS funding for a round in 3 months. If not, hubby and I want to move to the coast so we might just do that and forget about all this for a few months. I'd also like to find out if there's anything else we can do, other then IVF, to deal with my low follicle count and thin womb lining.

Nat, I have my fingers crossed for you! xx

Gutted so gutted and confused now!!
Woke up early this morning to do another first response and a clue blue digital. I thought I would see those 2 pink lines again on first response as I did yesterday also thought that clear blue would read posative today. I thought the 1st pee of the day is the best. Anyway tested and now they both read negative ...,what the hell is going on!!!
I got back into bed and cried myself back to sleep as those pink lines made me think I could be preggers and I don't know my body that well.., the truth is us women do know our bodys and I knew deep down it hadn't worked.
I just don't get how it was posative yesterday afternoon but not now!
OH is making me go for my blood test still at 10am, I don't see the point at all
Hugs to all
Nat x

Thank you Tansey, it is AF - never mind. I've found my PMA today. Suddenly realised that cannot mope as only have 2 days left before work. So have booked myself in to have hair done - neglected because of hair dyes/chemicals. Have roots and hair all straggly. Not a good look. Also, going to get a pedicure - so having a day of pampering tomorrow. How are you anyway, what you been up to? Tansey did you put on weight with IVF, I now have a spare tyre.

nat- oh dear - well don't give up. You haven't got your period yet have you - so keep going - even if tests are the same brand they can have slightly different sensivities. I think I remember that from peeonastick. com I tell you Nat, last year I used to buy tests in bulk load so become somewhat of an expert. My husband had to hide them from me at one point. I remember a tug of war...quite comical really.

Trix - your not out yet. I used those cheap hpt sticks as well 10iu.

I suppose I take comfort from alot of others. IVF doesn't work for most people first time - but it will work eventually. Alot of people have to have 3 goes.Trix there might be other things you can do - less invasive than IVF, but at least IVF has given you some more insight into things. A move to coast is very fitting for a writer. Sounds great.

Anyway, should go. I am abit addicted to this site. This is why I am no longer on facebook as go too addicted. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mummy

Ahh you are a sweetie. What you up to and how are you doing? Are you resting and watching lots of films. There are some ace films on channel 5 at around 3pm, but you might have greater interests than me. LOL! xx

I'm working - doing computer work. Work for myself so can't take time off really! I'd love to watch films!!

I'm OK wondering about every little twinge etc :rofl: argh only 4dp3dt and it's already driving me nuts!!

Oh Nat, try not to get too upset. I hope your 10am appointment went well, when do you hear?

Inky, I know in my hearts I'm out, spotting getting much heavier now and pains. If I can get the next round on NHS in next 3 months, am thinking I might go visit Zita West in London to get her advice on getting my body into optimum condition and give it the absolute best chance. it's so annoying we can only have 2 embies put back with NHS though!

Oh mummy - work sometimes keeps you preoccupied anyway. I know two week wait is hellish. Anyway, I have just spoken to the clinic. Apparently, I need to test on 17th to rule out ectopic or remote possibility of pregnancy. Then, I have booked counselling - am resenting my husband abit because he doesn't have to go through this. Feel guilty - love him to bits but trying to fight feelings. It looks like I'll get an appointment for 8 weeks times. I need to have two periods. Think FET might be next year and seems so slow (this is the consequence of being NHS patients - your on abit of a conveyer belt - am not knocking as greatful but get the impression nothing is going to be quick) Anyway, bye bye for now, Need to get to post office before it closes and need to do some housework and shopping. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->