IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

Oh and guess what ladies - af is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta call the clinic tomorrow to tell them it is my day 1 and get my baseline scan booked!

:hugs: to all!

Oh and guess what ladies - af is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta call the clinic tomorrow to tell them it is my day 1 and get my baseline scan booked!

:hugs: to all!
Congrats Blue! and my comment about the octomum was only because I think she is ridiculous and when I tell people I'm having IVF they pretty much say "Oh you might have 8 babies like that woman in America".

Which is annoying. Good luck to your friend I hope the best blastie got there :) I don't know anyone that is having IVF or ICSI :( Except peeps on B&B...

I know what you mean - one person said to me oh no you could end up with so many - and I was kind of rude and told them first of all there are rules on how many get put back and second of all I could also get none. I feel like the general public believes that ivf always works and always gives multiples and that ivf isn't that big of a deal/health risk etc.

I think that too, people think oh ivf you're guareenteed to have a baby. Oh you just get an egg and pop it back in and job done, little do they know the drugs, suffering, stress and lenghty proceedure all for something which should happen naturally!!

I'm terrible about such people who say "Oh, you could end up with eight." I feel like telling them not to be so flippant about it. It's not like they'd say "oh, you could end up with no hair" when a person is going through chemo, is it?

We haven't told anyone that we are doing ivf for that pure and simple reason. Can't be doing with negative comments and the lack of understanding and the whole stigma attached to doing ivf. On the same hand we haven't told family and friends because of the pressure for it to succeed if that makes sense.

Ordered my drugs today so things are really starting to move now. Can't believe we will be starting in 2 weeks time. I'm so nervous.

I have told very few people too - but am surprised what even the "best" of people say.

Mummy - how are you doing stimming so far - when is your scan?

My baseline is tomorrow :)

Good luck Doodar and Blue! But what's a baseline? lol.. sorry I'm so new...

We are not telling many either (i think 6 so far)?.. but the other thing one of those people said to me which annoys me is "oh you are just trying too hard. It will happen naturally I don't know why you are bothering with all this IVF fuss" I felt like yelling "HELLO!!!! LOW SPERM COUNT = NO PREGNANCY F**HEAD!!" But i was quite tactful... and they ended up apologising. People just don't get it.

Can you tell I'm on hormones this week? Phew they are playing havock with my moods.

Baseline is the scan they do at the very beginning of the cycle to see how many follicles you have and how thick your lining is as a "base" starting point of the cycle before things start growing.

:dust: to you KatF

Good luck Doodar and Blue! But what's a baseline? lol.. sorry I'm so new...

We are not telling many either (i think 6 so far)?.. but the other thing one of those people said to me which annoys me is "oh you are just trying too hard. It will happen naturally I don't know why you are bothering with all this IVF fuss" I felt like yelling "HELLO!!!! LOW SPERM COUNT = NO PREGNANCY F**HEAD!!" But i was quite tactful... and they ended up apologising. People just don't get it.

Can you tell I'm on hormones this week? Phew they are playing havock with my moods.

I think I'll use your not used quote in future. I'd love to call a few people F**HEAD just now!

Good luck with your scan Blue

Leilani - how are you doing hun.................I've been thinking about you like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs:

Baseline is the scan they do at the very beginning of the cycle to see how many follicles you have and how thick your lining is as a "base" starting point of the cycle before things start growing.

:dust: to you KatF

Is it an ultrasound? I should google really... Sorry I am so vague... :wacko:

I didn't get a baseline scan before I went on the nasal spray and injections... so I dunno why? Is it because different clinics do things differently?

I'm due for my first blood test tomorrow to see how my estrogen is going... eek.. nervous... hope I'm growing enough eggs but not too many if you know what I mean..

Kat - are you going to ask for your numbers? I did and they happily gave them to me, but they wouldn't have told me had I not asked!

My clinic doesn't do baseline scans, as they put everyone on the pill first as a way of controlling us!!!

Yes I will be asking for the results (and specifically, the numbers) and also asking what it all means. What were your numbers Leilani? What is good and bad? I can't believe I have to get a blood test on Father's day = how ironic.

Hi, I have taken my first injection this morning for down regging anyone around this stage? Xx

Well the results are in E=2500 and P=3.7 Both normal for CD8 apparently. I have no idea. But I go for ultrasound and blood test on Tuesday. Man my abdomen is sore. All this egg growing HURTS!! And I'm toey as a roman sandle. But DH won't succumb. Dammit.

Hi Ladies

Yomo - congrats on your first injection!!!

KatF - good luck growing your eggs - it does hurt doesn't it my clinic does scans/ultrasounds very often - all clinics seem to be so different.

Leilani - How is your journey going now?

Me - got the clear to go ahead with the FET - bloods good, scan good - but they said they would like to wait another month - they prefer to do a biopsy of my lining on cd21 to awaken the lining - they said it improves results - but if I want to we can go ahead this month without this...big decision...

Hi girls,

Scan went well, EC on weds. Got 8 follicles at the right size, 2 over the right size and 2 under so pretty happy with that. Fingers crossed.

Scared about EC though, last time they didn't put me out enough so gona be mentioning that this time!!!

hope you're all well xx

Blue - what a tough decision, I don't know what I'd do; Part of me would want to get on with it, but then if they throw in the term "bimproced results" it kind of makes you stop and think. It's a tough choice - what do you think you'll do? If you go ahead and it doesn't work, you may have regrets, but if you wait and it doesn't work you may think "it'll never work" if you go ahead and it works, you'll be over moon and if you wait and it works, you'll be over the moon and wonder if the biopsy made a difference, but will never really know. I'm not much help am I?

MummyIwanabe - how exciting, I've got everything crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->