• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

HI Ladies- I was hoping I could join as I will start with my injections on Sept 15. I am BRAND new to all of this and I dont really understand what everyone is talking about, so I will need some help. A little back ground: DH and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years- I have stage II endo. I am American but live in Vietnam- so I really need you support as I have no one here to talk to about this matter. Actually - I feel a bit lucky that happens to be a swiss trained RE here in my City and she has s small clinic with good success rate( I guess she is one of the best in Asia) and 1/10th of the cost. Anyway she is not starting me with BC just Lupron on day 21 or something like that. On my schedule she wrote that ER is on/around OCT 16- does this sound like the right timeline? Well good luck ladies and lets all send thoughts of BFP into the universe.

Hey alilock!

That sounds like a perfect schedule! I used Lupron from day 21 too! You use this alone for about 2 weeks. To shut down your ovaries natural functions. Then you get af and you continue to use lupron (to prevent ovulation) and add stim injections (to grow mulitple eggs at similar rates) for about 2 weeks. So about a month from day 21 to ER date - exactly what they have told you!

Wishing you tons of luck hun!

I waiting anxiously for af to arrive so that I can get this FET started. Can't wait to have a chance - really hope my embies defrost well.

:hugs: to all!

Am in the same boat, Blue, although I'm still a couple of weeks away from AF. I don't have an awful lot of confidence in the FET but I'm willing to give it a go. Apparently it will be a natural FET. They're not particularly informative in our s**t-swamp of a hospital...

Is yours medicated/natural?

Mine is an unmedicated FET as well. (unless you count the estrace that I will take before and after transfer - and the PIO progesterone in oil after the FET)

I never got to do a fresh transfer due to OHSS - and am terrified that if they do no survive the thaw then I will never even get a chance to be hopeful and pupo - as stressful as that is. I cannot imagine spending all this money for no chance. I am trying to have a little bit of hope that they will survive the thaw. I was terrified that we only got 3/12 to fertilize (they only did icsi with half) and didn't think that I would still have 3 embryos by day 3 - but they were all okay by day 3 - not high quality but average.

How are you doing CurlySue - miss you around here hun. Are your cycles covered by NHS hun? Really hope your FET brings you your precious little one/s. xo

Hey Blue. We're similar then, no? Having said that, I get no progesterone support after transfer but my body seems to produce more progesterone than the suppositories anyway. My usual 'luteal phase' is 15 or 16 days. During last IVF cycle it was 11. I got my period a good five days early and I do believe it was due to the progesterone levels.

I miss being around. I just got sick of it all. The last IVF cycle really did terrible things to my body and the hospital are still the worst excuse for a hospital I have ever heard of. There is a thread for "Liverpool Womens" on the main forum but I will never post in it because I get the impression I'd scare the poor women to death. But, yeah, my levels were ridiculously high. I actually had OHSS, same as you, but they gave me a chance. If my blood test had shown half a point more I'd have been cancelled. If I had one more egg, they'd have been frozen (I had 22, the hospital's limit is 22 - 23 and over and it's a frozen cycle!). Now, over two months on, my hair is still falling out. When I say falling out, I don't mean tiny handfuls. I mean clumps. I'd estimate two thirds of my hair has fallen out and do you know what the hospital said?

"Well, you know, if you start noticing huge bald patches we'll look into it."

Oh my GOD.

I hope that it goes well for you. There is nothing worse than feeling it is all for nothing. We have three frozen, too, and the same as you they're not great quality. One is a day 3 and the other two, I think, are day 5 or 6. I keep thinking "Well, if they got to day 6 they must be alright" but it's hard, you know? It's hard to stay positive a) with this hospital and b) with such long odds...

Hi curly sue, i am sorry you are having such a hard time, i can totally understand what an awful experience this is. I was interested to learn that your hair is falling out too! Isnt it just the worst thing ever. i have had the same problem and it is still going and is getting pretty thin in parts. I have been so upset by it. My first icsi round was in may ending in a blighted ovum and i would say my hair has been seriously falling out for about 6 weeks now, i dont know what to do about it? Is there anything to do? :shrug:

When i asked the doctor she said it is not a result of hormones but stress that causes hair follicles to get out of sync or something.

Hair falling out - you poor thing. As if there are not enough other things to be going through, but to have that as well. And they haven't given you any explaination.

I took a little tiny break from here too after. It is hard when things don't work or fall apart and to have health issues too.

I had 22 eggs taken too. I ended up being drained and they thought I had a blood clot in my lung as a result of the OHSS - and I was in and out of hospital for 4 days. I am furious with my clinic too. Dh and I decided that we will finish this FET at this clinic and if it doesn't work - we will switch - although that scares me too for a number of reasons.

Hopefully our FETs will work and we won't need to worry about any more.

If this doesn't work we're going to a clinic in Norway next year. I don't even know how it works with FET. Do they defrost all of the embryos or just one?

Thanks Blue - I have a difficult situation ladies..... So I just found out the weekend of the scheduled ER Oct 16 -18 my husband is supposed to go away on a very important business trip. He spoke to his boss ( told him I was having surgery ) his boss said he HAD to go....what are the chances of the ER actually falling on the scheduled date (16th)..... I know we can freeze his SS but is the a lower success rate. Also, I really want us to do this together.... Can they manipulate the ER date by putting me on BC pill? OR is the only choice to delay 1 cycle? Help my doctor is booked up and it is hard to get in touch with an English speaking nurse there.

its 4am in the morning, i have been awake since 2am :wacko: I have gone and got myself all worked up because my nausea has subsided now i cant sleep for the life of me. Dont know how i am going to make it to work tomorrow.

Thanks Blue - I have a difficult situation ladies..... So I just found out the weekend of the scheduled ER Oct 16 -18 my husband is supposed to go away on a very important business trip. He spoke to his boss ( told him I was having surgery ) his boss said he HAD to go....what are the chances of the ER actually falling on the scheduled date (16th)..... I know we can freeze his SS but is the a lower success rate. Also, I really want us to do this together.... Can they manipulate the ER date by putting me on BC pill? OR is the only choice to delay 1 cycle? Help my doctor is booked up and it is hard to get in touch with an English speaking nurse there.

You can stay on down-reg drugs for longer. I had to stay on for an extra week the first IVF due to work commitments and it was no problem.

good news gracy! wow go you, so pleased you got your bfp again, hope this one sticks :)

CurlySue - The FET I think it depends on how many you are having transferred. From my understanding from others - they defrost only as many as they plan on transferring - and then if they don't defrost well then they will defrost more.

I only have 3 embryos and that is how many the fs wants to transfer - so hopefully they thaw. Ugh I hope it works so badly.

Hey girls,

I've got myself into a right panic. Hubby is booked in for his ssr next fri and it has just suddenly hit me that this might not actually work. I don't know what I will do if they don't find any sperm. Have any of your hubby's had to have ssr? and was it successful? I feel like I've just suddenly been slapped in the face with the whole reality of it all.

God, I wish ours would transfer the three. I'll be lucky if they'll let me transfer two.

CurlySue - is it NHS that won't let you transfer more? - that is a shite situation for sure. I hate that it is already a hard situation and they won't let you do what you want. Are you going to try and push for 2 hun?

:hugs:

God, I wish ours would transfer the three. I'll be lucky if they'll let me transfer two.

Only allowed to transfer one blast at time here.. its the law... stops people like the Octomum...

Obviously octomum is an extreme scenario - and obviously things have been put in place for reasons.

That being said going through all of this - there are a number of circumstances that must be considered. Quality - number of times gone through ivf - and there are many more circumstances. My friend who just got her bfp on Monday - they said they would only put 1 blast back - and on ET day she only had 2 blasts and 1 wasn't great quality so they put both back because there was no point in freezing it they said. So you never know what they might decide - and who knows which one or both of her blasties worked lol.

I just hope this works for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->