IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

Mummy, did you do a 3 day transfer or 5 day? I am just wondering if they will risk a 3 day transfer if there are only a few that fertilize..

I did a 3 day. My clinic wouldn't risk it. They worked like this:

Under 2 embryos - 2 day transfer
3-4 or under embryos - 3 day transfer
5 + embryos - possible 5 day transfer

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me popping in. I was having a nose and couldn't read and run as there seems to e such exciting things happening on this thread.

Doodar, I remember you from a previous thread. I am thrilled for you with that great outcome. 9 embies, you must be on cloud 9?!

Mummy, you got your BFP!!!! Congratulations!! :happydance: So, that was second go for you? Fantastic. Why don't you see the GP for a beta? I am sure they would do one, but on the other hand, you have the BFPs, and the numbers will just confirm what you know. I am so excited for you!

To everyone else, wishing you tons of luck in your cycles :dust:

Hi Caline! Thanks :hugs: I'm on cloud nine but still cautious and praying it will be ok.

Yeh second time! haven't had a beta but I kinda think what will be will be but also I want to know! haha! I have the sticks so just gona sit tight.

Hi, girls! Well, as it turns out only 5 of my eggs were mature and 4 fertilized. They will call me tomorrow to let me know if we are doing a 3 day or a 5 day. I am kind of guessing a 3 day.

Morning Girls,

:hi: Caline how you doing hun? it's nice to hear from you. What stage are you at?

Mysillygirls :happydance: for 4 fertilised embies, thats great news. Not long till you get that bfp. I can just feel it.:thumbup:

Not heard anything from clinc yet, am eagerly awaiting that phone call.

Oh ladies, some exciting things happening. Despite feeling sorry for myself, I do like to read the positive tales too, as it gives me hop.

Doodar, I'm biting my nails for you - can't wait for an update.

:hugs: all round

Glad to hear your results girls xoxo

I got another BFN today on a digital "Not pregnant" I think something is not right :( :( :(
My second beta test is tomorrow but I'm feeling very sad right now and have had no bleeding but because of the crinone I'm thinking it might not be able to come out :( :(

Oh Kat do you think it could be a faulty test. I really hope your betas show high tomorrow hun thinking of you :hugs:

AFM my clinic have just phoned and of the 9 embies 2 are grade 2-3 but 7 of them are grade 1-2 and have the potential to make it to blasts, she said they are looking perfect. I really can't believe it. I now have the decision to make whether I should take them to blasts and I really don't know what to do. I have until tomorrow morning to make that decision. One thing I am unsure of is it would be a day 6 transfer now whether that is because day 5 would fall on Sun and they don't open sun, I don't know but I wouldn't be very happy if it was. therefore would I be better to transfer on day 3 (tomorrow) rather than risk taking them to day 6.

Hi, ladies! All 4 of my embies are still doing great and starting to cleave. They have decided to bring me in tomorrow a.m. for a 3-day transfer since there are less than 5 embies. I go in at 7:15 and will have 3 embies transferred!!

Glad to hear your results girls xoxo

I got another BFN today on a digital "Not pregnant" I think something is not right :( :( :(
My second beta test is tomorrow but I'm feeling very sad right now and have had no bleeding but because of the crinone I'm thinking it might not be able to come out :( :(

Oh Kat.... I am hoping that it's good news for you tomorrow babes xx

Oh Kat, I am praying that tomorrow brings better news for you :hugs:

Doodar - fantastic news! lucky you!!! hmm not sure what I'd do - it does suck when clinics do that - it messes with your life! can you pay a fee to make them do it on a sunday - if not go with what they recommend I guess?

MSG - great news too!

Think I am just going to see what tomorrow brings. The embryologist is phoning us first thing tomorrow morning to let us know how they getting on and what she thinks we should do. I am willing to go with what they suggest because I trust them and they have got us this far. I will question the day 6 transfer though because I'm not entirely happy with that.

Mysillygirls good luck for et tomorrow hun, I will be thinking about you. I might be joining you yet, you never know.

Doodar - I think I'd go for 2 on Saturday. 4 day transfers are unusuakl, only because there's not a lot of difference between day 3 or 4 - where the thinking is "better in than out", whereas 5 days is blasty stage, where they have a better idea of which embryos are truely better. If the clinic say day 6 works just as well, then maybe I'd wait til then, and I think they usually do the freezing on day 6 rather than day 5, so it's probably fine - and I think I'd still go for 2!! However, the research is that putting 2 back increases your chance of multiples (obviously) way more than it increases your chance of getting pregnant.

I'd ask the experts!

hi everyone, sorry i have been away for a while for work and havent been able to reply - wow so much has happened!
Mummy :hugs::hugs:congrats on ur bfp, i had a really good feeling for you this time, now the most nervous wait begins until 1st scan, i thought the TWW was bad!

Dodar - i cant believe how well things worked out for you, such a relief. My clinic does a 4 day transfer on fresh cycles as well and i thought it was strange. For my fet the blast i had frozen was a 6 day blast as well so i have experience with both of the scenarios and both seemed to be fine. The advantage of the 5-6 day blast is that you can really see which is better. I had 9 embies as well, i had the 1 put back at day 4 then they watched the others. The remaining 8 all went to blastie stage but only 4 were strong enough to freeze which they did on day 6. If you do go for the day 6 transfer i dont think it would be a problem at all, but i am sure your clinic will tell you the best way to go. Good luck :flower:

MSG - congrats on your embies, glad to hear they are going strong. Good luck with ET.

Kat F - i am so sorry you are going through this. I really hope your second beta brings some good news, hang in there :hugs: I can really empathise with your situation i really do know how this feels. i am wishing hard for your beta result to be good.

Leilani - such bad luck about the failed cycle. Does your clinic know why it is happening? I really hope they can find out what is going on and fix it! :hugs:

Blue - how you going mate? Hope you are ok :flower:

AFM - not that i am complaining but i have really bad sickness all day every day so i really hope that means the little bean is still there. I have a scan on tues which will be 9 and a bit weeks i hope. I am still so anxious that something will go wrong i am actually seeing someone about how to calm myself down as i really do want to enjoy this as much as possible. I work as a sonographer so i could have a peek at any time any day but i cant bring myself to incase there is nothing there, so i am paying $300 for my doctor to do it which is so stupid as it would only take 20 seconds to check :wacko::wacko:

Gracy - can't believe you haven't gotten a sneaky peak in there, but I can understand your trepidation. I'm sure once you've had the Doc give you the once over, they'll be no stopping you!

Hi all - Well I am having a very strong drink right now because my beta test today showed what I thought might happen after the strange light BFP on Tuesday and yesterday's BFN - my HCG under 2 indicating that my pregnancy was gone. Now I just wait for AF. This really sucks. I hope you guys have more luck than I did. Didn't even stick for a week. I have told everyone I told last week though (family and a couple of friends) so at least that part is over and done with. My DH is so sad... ahhh... why is it so unfair.

xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->