IVF/ICSI/FET in September!!!

Hi Gracy - good to hear from you. That morning sickness sounds bad but sounds like a sticky one to me :) I would def take sneaky peeks myself though! Respect for holding out!!

Kat - :( I am soo gutted for you. This is so cruel. Can't believe it. I am thinking of you.

I am so sorry KatF. Thinking of you and your dh. xo

hi ladies wonder if any one can help i am feeling very down today an wondereing if any of it is worth it im stressing about my amh levels which were 1.9 i have been lookin on bnb for people with a similar result but have come across no one i know its in the very low catagory with a 5% chance of ivf even working for me which is very low i am self funded also an im not sure if to go forward with the treatment with such low results it would be nice to find someone in the same situation that has had a positive outcome so sorry for the rant an kat im sorry to hear your news hun best of luck for the future xxxx

Thanks for all the advice guys. God you make me feel so much better. Don't know where I would be without you. :hugs:.

Leilani how you doing hun? any ideas when you'll be moving on to the next stage?

Gracy can't believe your 9 weeks already and I agree with the others. I would definately take a sneaky peak. Can understand your reasons for not doing though. Good luck with the scan hun and think your on to a definate winner with that morning sickness.

Kat hunny I am so so sorry. I feel sad for the embies that didn't make it in the lab so I can only imagine how you must feel to have got that far and then have it taken away is just so cruel :hugs: thinking of you hun.x

Sam I know it seems that there is no hope but I do believe that even with a 5% percent chance you can defeat the odds. You only have to look at our situation to know that. At the start I was ready to give up before we even started because the odds were so against us. Have you considered looking into egg donor hun. I know you probably don't think it's ideal at the moment because everybody wants their own biological child more than anything but if you research it all I think you will feel better about it. We were in the same situation with the sperm and although we have been so so lucky we haven't needed to but we would have considered using a donor.

AFM we have decided after much deliberation to try and take them to blast stage so it's all or nothing now. They will phone us everyday to keep us up to date with things. I just hope we haven't pushed our luck too far. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls.x

Sam was the 5% chance with IVF or jsut 5%?

What units were you AMH results in, do you know? How old are you? I have a prety chart in my IVF folder which explain AMH results, so need to know the units to make sure I'm not lying to you!

they gave a 5% chance with ivf an the only thing i know is my amf results were 1.9 hun an thankyou for the replys its greatfully appreciated has most places i go im generally ignored booooo xxx

Thanks for all the advice guys. God you make me feel so much better. Don't know where I would be without you. :hugs:.

Leilani how you doing hun? any ideas when you'll be moving on to the next stage?

Gracy can't believe your 9 weeks already and I agree with the others. I would definately take a sneaky peak. Can understand your reasons for not doing though. Good luck with the scan hun and think your on to a definate winner with that morning sickness.

Kat hunny I am so so sorry. I feel sad for the embies that didn't make it in the lab so I can only imagine how you must feel to have got that far and then have it taken away is just so cruel :hugs: thinking of you hun.x

Sam I know it seems that there is no hope but I do believe that even with a 5% percent chance you can defeat the odds. You only have to look at our situation to know that. At the start I was ready to give up before we even started because the odds were so against us. Have you considered looking into egg donor hun. I know you probably don't think it's ideal at the moment because everybody wants their own biological child more than anything but if you research it all I think you will feel better about it. We were in the same situation with the sperm and although we have been so so lucky we haven't needed to but we would have considered using a donor.

AFM we have decided after much deliberation to try and take them to blast stage so it's all or nothing now. They will phone us everyday to keep us up to date with things. I just hope we haven't pushed our luck too far. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls.x

i have talked alot about egg share but i simply cannot afford to go down that route has i am self funded xx

they gave a 5% chance with ivf an the only thing i know is my amf results were 1.9 hun an thankyou for the replys its greatfully appreciated has most places i go im generally ignored booooo xxx

amh sorry !!

Hey Sam- You can follow Babychristie's thread I think its called babychristie's quest for a bundle with low AMH. The thing about IVF is that a large part of it is about numbers. the more eggs you get the higher the success. low AMH means that most probably you will not respond well to meds and not get too many eggs. However, another aspect of IVF is the quality of eggs. So even with 1 good quality egg IVF can work. But since you are self funded i guess u will have to work out the cost-benefit(sorry to use such a crude term) but I know money is an impt. maybe u can try one cycle of IVF and see how it goes.

All the best and chin up...

they gave a 5% chance with ivf an the only thing i know is my amh results were 1.9 hun an thankyou for the replys its greatfully appreciated has most places i go im generally ignored booooo xxx

According to my chart, with a low AMH like yours, you have a 20% chance of producing 6 eggs or more during an IVF cycle.

I think 6 eggs is an "ideal minimum" if you know what I mean, as IVF is a lot about the numbers. My AMH is about double yours, and I've only managed 4 follicles each time, but I blam that largely on my non-functioning right ovary.

I notice you've been on clomid - how have you responded to that - so you have your cycles monitored?

We are going to give my eggs a final chance to respond, and we're going to wait until January, just to have a bit of a break from the TTC business. In the mean time my FS is putting me on DHEA - which, according to somw studies can help poor responders with both egg qulity and quantity. I've posted a bit about it in my journal if you want to have a read - skip to the last couple of pages, as the rest is doom and gloom and waffle! We are self-funded too.

i responded quite well with clomid but no pregnancy 21 day bloods always showed a really high result . my consultant told me when i got my amh results that he was suprised that have normal 28 day cycles so he thought that that was a really good sign he expected me to have had iregular periods.i have just recieved my prescription for cyclo progynova x

I had the ET this a.m. and I am feeling deflated as the news isn't that great. Between yesterday and today, one of my embies basically stopped growing and two are growing too slow. One is a "perfect" 3 day with 8 cells. So, we transferred one 8 cell and two 5 cells. Not what I hoped for at all. Yeah, I know it only takes one but the odds feel against me now. I can't believe after all this our response was so low. I had a good antral follicle count, a high response to clomid, good fsh, etc etc. I thought our only problem was sperm-related. So, praying. Hoping. But, not feeling optimistic.

Hi MSG,

ah I know how you feel, I had a good amh level, 25 years old should respond well but our embies first time weren't good at all, we didn't even have 1 8 cell. It's really hard to keep the faith but i've seen on here some peeps who get success with 5 cells rather than those that have 2 x blasties so it's really odd but all sorts goes.

I hope they are snuggling in and on a positive, it's good you have 3 to transfer :hugs:

Hope you are ok xx

Mysillygirls try not to worry hun. I know it's easier said than done but like mummy said you really can't tell, just try to stay positive hun.It's a testing time :hugs:.

I have been beating myself up all day about the decision we made to take them to blast. I really don't know if we have done the right thing and I wish I could turn the clock back to this morning and have day 3 transfer. I'm hoping with tomorrows phone call it will reassure me again. I'm finding it really stressful at the moment.

hey doodar,

I think you're doing the right thing. If you look at it this way maybe it will help...

By leaving them longer you are waiting to see which ones make it and continue to grow, if you go for 3 days you will have them transferred and you'll never know if they made it - a 2ww to find out. At least if you go longer you know they've got to blast etc and then the only thing you'll wonder is if they've implanted. I found it hard after 3 days to wonder if they'd even made it to blast in there. If they don't make it (fingers crossed they will) then you will know sooner and I thought in theory this might be easier.

Hope this helps but totally understand the stress you're enduring, the whole thing sucks!

Thanks mummy, God have I been going out of my mind. You made me feel better thanks :hugs:.

Clinic have phoned this morning and all 7 embies are still looking good only one is lagging behind slightly. But they are compacting which is what they are meant to be doing at this stage so fingers crossed eh! Roll on Monday.

Have a good weekend girls.x

sounds good doodar! It also means they'll be able to tell best ones esp if 6 of them are very similar! xx

Thanks hun,

Yesterdays front runner which was day 3 was at 10 cell and the second was at 9 cell. I am so worried that they are going to go too far if you know what I mean, can that happen I don't know. I told the clinic this morning that I was worried about having day 6 transfer and asked them what happens if they pop out of their shells tomorrow and they have nothing to implant into. He assured me it would be fine and that they can still transfer them, but that doubt is always in the back of your mind.

I would try if you can not to worry. They wouldn't have advised you to keep them going if they didn't think they wouldn't make it. Sometimes embryos can grow too quickly and brfeak up a bit like the snail and tortoise lol but you have a great number of embies to take this far so honestly this is the best outcome to hope for! you will without doubt have 2 to transfer so try to relax, it's going to be fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->