IVF/ICSI in March...need support!

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus i chi!! Loving this St David's day malarky, I am a Scottish teacher working in Wales and all the parents were very generous with the supplies of Welsh cakes this morning :happydance:

Thank you for your welcome, Hopes. My DH (also Dave!) jabbed me for the first time this evening and thanks to my ample spare tyre I hardly felt a thing!! He was a nervous as anything though poor boy.

Brooke, good luck for your first u/s!

Oneday, I have my baseline scan booked for the 16th so 15 days of down regging then EC provisionally on the 29th (FX!!!!!!) so 14 days of stimming. Hope that is what you mean. I really do not have a clue half the time :dohh:

Lovely to be part of your group xxx

24 days of d-reg for me, and then stims for 12/13 days (while continuing with the d-reg injections). Is this normal? I think my clinic only does EC on a Wed, so maybe they hold me on d-reg until a slot comes up. I've been injecting since 9th Feb!

Happy St. David's Day everybody!

Hi all, Happy St Davids Day. Is that a public holiday or is just the irish get that??

Welcome all the new recruits.

Im on 17 down reg before stims start then 13 days of both. The first 2 days were stims in am and pm so 3 needles in all!!

Peartree 450 seems high to me - mine is 225 gonalF not that i would have a clue first time and all that! Do you have the preloaded pen? Boy it stings!!!

Do any of you get much info from your consultant? Mine is a man of few words - after my last scan he just said "thats fine"

Hi all, Happy St Davids Day. Is that a public holiday or is just the irish get that??

Welcome all the new recruits.

Im on 17 down reg before stims start then 13 days of both. The first 2 days were stims in am and pm so 3 needles in all!!

Peartree 450 seems high to me - mine is 225 gonalF not that i would have a clue first time and all that! Do you have the preloaded pen? Boy it stings!!!

Do any of you get much info from your consultant? Mine is a man of few words - after my last scan he just said "thats fine"

Angel...I've been frustrated at times as well with the lack of personal one-on-one time I get with my consultant and FS but then I have to remind myself that they are doing a lot of cycles every month and they know what they are doing so I just have to trust their expertise and know that they are really really busy. I tend to want an exact answer and know exactly how they feel about my specific situation but they obviously can't give me concrete answers because our bodies are random and can change at a moment's notice. That's part of why I looked in other areas for support, like getting on this site and starting a thread.

Looks like people are doing well only day 6 of down regging i hope stimming doesn't sting too much been injecting all over my stomach got 2 bruises and lots of pin pricks! I will be going on 450 iu of fostimon (same as gonal f) this seems really high to me as all my test were fine apart from amh which showed i have a low reserve of eggs not sure i believe this to be that reliable but we will see.

Can i check how many days people are down regging (14) stimming (10-14) for? no idea about my scans have 1 on the day i started.

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus - Happy St David's Day

I did down-regging for 14 days before I started stims and then I started stims, while continuing the d-regs.

Hi Everyone, can i join this group?
I am currently on Gonal F (225) - tonight will be my 6th injection. Have a scan on Friday to check how follies are doing. Hoping EC will be Sunday or Monday.
So excited now, cant wait to get EC and ET over with and get a BFP :)

Best of luck everyone:dust::dust:

Hey missp, you're welcome, come on in!
Is this your first round? It's mine but thankfully its flying by so far!

Ovaries starting to work - feeling the odd twinge down there - hoping its a good sign - what about the rest of you?

Thanks angel,
Yep it is my first IVF but I am getting great advice from reading all the threads and experiences of other people.
I was getting really bad twinges in my ovaries on Saturday but nothing then until today, i am getting slight twinges.
Trying to eat as much protein as possible this week.
I just really hope my eggs are growing and getting ready for EC day next week :happydance:

Where is everyone at? At the down reg or stim stage?
After how many days of stims does your clinic scan you? Mine does it after 8 days of stims injections and then they can normally tell when EC will be :)

We are getting a good group going!! I am so ridiculously excited right now!!

I am on day 4 of stimming. I had 14 days of d-regging, and I'll have about 11 days of stimming. EC tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday. I had a baseline scan and bloodwork the day before I started stimming, blood work on day 3 and bloodwork again tomorrow on day 5. I think the next time I go in after that will be BW and a scan. I just can't believe that it's finally all happening!

And I can feel my ovaries every now and again. Nothing too painful, though.

Anyone know of any foods to eat or avoid during this time? I'm Catholic, so I don't eat meat on Fridays now that it's Lent, but I'm worried about eating fish. I know I'm not technically pregant (yet!), but I still want to eat like I am being that I've got little eggs maturing inside me!

Good question Hopes! What is everyone doing (eating, exercise etc) to maximise chances? I am only on Day 2 of down reg so any suggestions very welcome.

Is anyone trying acupuncture too? I am, on recommendation from a friend who got her IVF BFP, and thoroughly enjoying every bit of it (except price tag) But any thoughts?

So excited for us all!!!

Evening All
Its nice to have a bunch of us together down regging and stimming. Day 7 of DR for me , had a dream last night i had 8 eggs collected 4 fertilized and was deciding how many to put back God i hope this dream comes true! I have had a raging thirst today as well is anyone else getting this?

Hey missp, you're welcome, come on in!
Is this your first round? It's mine but thankfully its flying by so far!

Ovaries starting to work - feeling the odd twinge down there - hoping its a good sign - what about the rest of you?

I definitely started feeling mine. About 3 days into the stims I could feel just a twinge and yesterday was day 6 of stims and I got a lot more uncomfortable and today it is just increasing. I'm definitely uncomfortable...not unbearable yet, but not pleasant. I go in for my first u/s tomorrow...I'm just praying hard for lots of follicles growing!

Hi Everyone, can i join this group?
I am currently on Gonal F (225) - tonight will be my 6th injection. Have a scan on Friday to check how follies are doing. Hoping EC will be Sunday or Monday.
So excited now, cant wait to get EC and ET over with and get a BFP :)

Best of luck everyone:dust::dust:

Of course! All the more support the better! We're almost on the same exact schedule. I'm hoping for an EC on Sunday or Monday as well. But I have to do u/s on Wed, Thur, Fri until I'm ready just to closely monitor everything.

What's you're story, if you don't mind me asking?

We are getting a good group going!! I am so ridiculously excited right now!!

I am on day 4 of stimming. I had 14 days of d-regging, and I'll have about 11 days of stimming. EC tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday. I had a baseline scan and bloodwork the day before I started stimming, blood work on day 3 and bloodwork again tomorrow on day 5. I think the next time I go in after that will be BW and a scan. I just can't believe that it's finally all happening!

And I can feel my ovaries every now and again. Nothing too painful, though.

Anyone know of any foods to eat or avoid during this time? I'm Catholic, so I don't eat meat on Fridays now that it's Lent, but I'm worried about eating fish. I know I'm not technically pregant (yet!), but I still want to eat like I am being that I've got little eggs maturing inside me!

Good question - interested to hear what you are all at. Im pretty much going on as normal at the moment. I dont eat red meat - just chicken & fish, loads of fruit & veg. Was given a gift of a juicer so i juice between meals instead of snacks. No idea what i should be doing though! Someone mentioned protein - should i be doing more of that?

Anyone been through this before - im getting very anxious about EC day!! What exactly can we expect?

Evening All
Its nice to have a bunch of us together down regging and stimming. Day 7 of DR for me , had a dream last night i had 8 eggs collected 4 fertilized and was deciding how many to put back God i hope this dream comes true! I have had a raging thirst today as well is anyone else getting this?

Now that would be a result. Here's hoping!
Thirsty and sorry to be descriptive but dry down below but with mucus (hate that word and it looks ever worse written down!!!)

Evening All

Now that would be a result. Here's hoping!
Thirsty and sorry to be descriptive but dry down below but with mucus (hate that word and it looks ever worse written down!!!)

Not got that problem yet! But clomid gave me thrush so i'm expecting that. AF arrived today which i suppose i should be glad about but my back is really aching and can't take ibuprofen. Also got an upset stomach don;t know if its the pregnacare not agreeing with me or the DRs. Just a question i'm trying to time when ec would be , how long to people stim for is it 10 or 14 days?

Of course! All the more support the better! We're almost on the same exact schedule. I'm hoping for an EC on Sunday or Monday as well. But I have to do u/s on Wed, Thur, Fri until I'm ready just to closely monitor everything.

What's you're story, if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

Hey Brooke
I had damaged tubes and when I went for my inital consulatation they discovered I had fluid in my tubes and that would hinder the IVF and the implantation so I had a lap before Christmas to tie my tubes - now no fluid can get in to my uterus :)

Best of luck with your scan today :)

Angel - i have heard on other forums that protein is very important in helping with egg quality and lining of the womb. Also using a hot water bottle on your tummy during stims is suppose to encourage the follies grow - also ginger tea is suppose to be very good during stims. I am doing all of the above - anything to help :thumbup:

I feel a bit uncomfortable today (down there) - just a bit of presure - anyone else have this. I am after 6 stims injections already so it is probably my follies growing and getting ready :) fx
Hopeforababy - fish is suppose to be good for you in the lead up to ET because of the oils - i have had salmon a couple of times in the last few weeks and i'll probably have it again this week before EC. I am also taking Omega 3 tablets and vitimans.
Feebee - I am doing accupunture since January - it is great for relaxation and it is suppose to increase your chances of a BFP too :) The only downside is cost :( Going for my next session tomorrow and I will also have one just before and one after ET.
Oneday - one of the side effects of the meds is thirst - but I dont think i have had this - other than a dry mouth in the mornings - but I have been drinking 3 to 4 litres of water every day so I am probably quincing the thirst before my brain has a chance to register it,:lol:

Ohhh tempting group.... any place for a second time Male Factor ICSI cynic like me? I'm waiting for AF and then it's on to short antagonist protocol with 250 Puregon and EC provisionally around mid April.

Is everyone else here on their first (and hopefully last!) IVF go? :O

I love hearing your comments! I am going to start IVF procedings at the end of March, and then EC will be by the end of April. I like knowing what to expect! Good Luck Ladies!!!

Thanks MissP for the advice on fish. I'm not a big fish person, but I hope shrimp will do! I love shrimp!
Any advice on exercising? Not that I'm a big exerciser, but I do cardio, like the elliptical. I've just been drinking a ton of water and eating more fruits and veggies. I can kinda feel a twinge in my ovaries every now and again, but nothing bad. I'm on day 5 of stimming. Hopefully EC a week from today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->