IVF/ICSI in March...need support!

Just had my first stim jab!
It hurt a bit more than the down reg one, even though I kept it for an area that I know doesn't usually give me any pain. It's more of a dull pain than a sharp sensation like the down reg.

We're officially on our way now!

Brooke - hope all goes well with the EC on Sunday!

Feebee, the nurse didn't say anything, just that if I feel over bloated and VERY uncomfortable, to give them a call. I usually drink quite a lot anyway, about 2 litres minimum a day. Have started drinking beetroot juice as advised by my acupunturist - supposedly will help with blood nourishment. Can't harm I suppose!

Peartree,
How long do you have to stim for? How much do you have to inject do you use the same size needle? Hopefully i am starting on Wednesday x

I'm stimming for 12 days - so EC is on 17th March. When is yours?

It's the same sized needle, but the volume is greater, so the needle stays in for longer. I'm on 0.5ml Buserelin down-reg, and now on 300iu of Menopur, which is 1ml of solution. I do my down-reg injection in the night time, and stimming in the morning.

Good luck! It's not so bad if you manage to find the less sensitive spot on your leg. :hugs:

Hi ladies. Please can I join you? I'm starting stimms next wednesday. I'm on gonal-f, and synarel for down regging whilst stimming (I've already had zoladex jab.). My egg collection is scheduled for 24th March at the moment. Xxx

I'm stimming for 12 days - so EC is on 17th March. When is yours?

It's the same sized needle, but the volume is greater, so the needle stays in for longer. I'm on 0.5ml Buserelin down-reg, and now on 300iu of Menopur, which is 1ml of solution. I do my down-reg injection in the night time, and stimming in the morning.

Good luck! It's not so bad if you manage to find the less sensitive spot on your leg. :hugs:

Starting stimming wednesday or thursday next week EC w/c 22nd March so not far behind you. I'm injecting into my stomach and as you say have my favourite spot i have a large surface area to choose from lol

Hi ladies. Please can I join you? I'm starting stimms next wednesday. I'm on gonal-f, and synarel for down regging whilst stimming (I've already had zoladex jab.). My egg collection is scheduled for 24th March at the moment. Xxx

Hey welcome to the thread nice to have lots of ladies at similiar stages infact i'm right with you stimming from wed / thurs on fostimon e/c w/c 22nd March.

Fingers crossed the easter bunny visits us all with BFP's :dust:

Brooke - fingers very crossed! Let us know how it went, will you have a general for EC?

Peartree - you're then on a short antagonist protocol?

Oneday - you're getting there!

Hey gals - all going well so far it seems!
Good luck starting stims for those at that stage.
Brooke give us an update - fingers crossed for you!
Welcome any late comers to the party!

Last scan prior to EC for me tomorrow. Stims really having an effect now. Very tender ovaries and boobs now playing up but its worth it!

So it's official...the EC is set for Sunday Morning!! I've got 16-18 mature follicles so we should be good! I take my trigger shot tonight...so last shot for me...woohooo!!! So glad I'm done sticking myself! It looks like I'm the first one going under so I'll let you all know how it goes. It isn't a general anesthesia so they don't have to intubate, but it is sedation and I'll be unconscious...thank goodness! They said total time in office should be around 2 hours including pre and post-op. I'm so nervous and excited for them to get my eggs out and fertilize them and see how they do! I want little embies growing!

Angel...I'm right there with you on the boobs hurting! Oh my word..I can't even touch them, it feels like they are completely bruised all over..I didn't expect that so it was kind of a surprise..but glad to know I'm not the only one.

Welcome to the newbies! Hope everyone is having a great day! :)

hi everyone
i just wanted to share my experience with your girls as ive just had egg transfer today. my story is im 26 DH 30 we have been ttc for 2 years i have pcos & endo & dh has low count & motility. after starting stimming i had 2 scans which both showed up 6-7 eggs coming along nicely on tues 2nd i had 16 eggs collected 13 of which were ok to fertilise. from the 13 we got 9 embies which was brilliant news.
EC wasn't too bad coz i was just put to sleep by sedation i had a few cramps within the first half hour then ive had really tender ovaries & still quite bloated (the pessaries arn't helping with the bloating either sorry if tmi but they are giving me a bit of wind)

the transfer wasn't as bad as i thought, just uncomfortable, at the beginning of the whole process they advise that anyone under the age of 35 only go for one embie transfer but when we arrived today they suggested to embies due to the quality of them, all 9 were at the expected stage 8 cells or above but they thought that 2 would give us the most chance. i was a bit surprised coz i was convinced it would only be one embie but i followed their advice & had 2 put in.
i have also being having acupuncture for the last 5 weeks i had a session before & after transfer today & will have my last one between day7-10 as that is supposed to be a important time. i guess only time will tell.
i have to be honest today has been really strange its like everything we have been through in the last 2 years has all come to a head today & its a bit overwhelming.

anyway i just wanted to share my story, i really hope everything goes well for everyone
best of luck
xxx

Brooke thats great news. Lucky you - last jab!! Really praying things go well and i'll be tkinking about you on the day. When you are up and able again let us know your news. The very best of luck to you.

Hollee thanks for sharing your story and of course, the very best of luck to you. Stay with us and let us know how you are getting on too.

Getting a good vibe about this thread and hoping its lucky for us all.

Brooke,

Good news on your scheduled EC!!! Look forward to hearing all about your growing embies!!!

Hey all!!!

Now this might be a really daft question but how did/do you all feel whilst down regging? I was really worried about menopausal symptoms and now I am getting all panicked that it is not working because I am not feeling much different!!

It is so reassuring to be able to chat with people who actually really understand!!! This thread is fabulous :happydance:

Hey all!!!

Now this might be a really daft question but how did/do you all feel whilst down regging? I was really worried about menopausal symptoms and now I am getting all panicked that it is not working because I am not feeling much different!!

It is so reassuring to be able to chat with people who actually really understand!!! This thread is fabulous :happydance:

Feebee, like you, i felt no different. Had warned DH that i would be demon b**ch from hell so he was really nervous when it was going to kick in but nothing. In fact, if anything, i would say i was more upbeat than normal - prob just glad to be started!!!!

Hey gals - all going well so far it seems!
Good luck starting stims for those at that stage.
Brooke give us an update - fingers crossed for you!
Welcome any late comers to the party!

Last scan prior to EC for me tomorrow. Stims really having an effect now. Very tender ovaries and boobs now playing up but its worth it!

Hey Angel, how did it go?!!!

I only got hot flushes for the last few days of down regging. I didn't think it had worked either as I didn't get much side effects.

Brooke, how did EC go?
Angel, when is your EC?

I had a scan yesterday morning that showed 10 follicules ranging from 11-15, and several smaller ones. I go in for more blood work again this morning. I'm guessing they'll tell me to come back Monday morning for my final scan with EC on Wednesday. My ovaries have started getting really tender, too. And I'm super bloated! I guess it's all normal, though.

Good luck to everyone who has just started stimming. That part has gone by really fast for me, so hopefully it'll go by fast for the rest of you, too!

I just want to wish everyone luck with their IVFs this month!!! It does work. I got my BFP 1 year ago from IVF/ICSI.

:hugs:

MissAma - I have no idea what the name is for the protocol. I down regged from Day 21 for 24 days, and then stimming for 12 days. What's your protocol? So glad that you're starting treatment again. :hugs:

Feebee - don't worry. I didn't really have any symptoms apart from a bit of a ragged throat, and had a disturbed night feeling a bit hot for the last one or two nights before stimming. I was wondering too, but it seems that it's worked - my baseline scan showed the thin lining that they needed. Just count ourselved lucky that we don't have to put up with horrid symptoms!

Oneday
TTC no 2
Active BnB Member

I'm Currently Feeling:*

Thanked others: 68

? Strange thing happened today it's day 11 of dr's and I have a 5.5 ml bottle of buserelin been doing 0.5 ml shots and it still has a least one or more doses left in it and pretty sure no I mean I'm definately I've not missed a shot do you think maybe they over fill the bottles ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->