IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Mells-- just wanted to say I'm sorry and we're all thinking of you and wishing you the best! xoxo

Just spoke to RE.. my level is 3561.. so it went up.. but obviously at this point it should be over 10,000. She is having me come back on Tuesday evening for another ultrasound to see if there is still a heart beat... but is not optimistic. Once we saw a heart beat it made it more real... It was difficult to think I was miscarrying before.. but now that I saw the heartbeat and know it's going to stop breaks my heart.

Mells: really sorry.. Please take care of yourself and just to let you know that we are here for u :hugs:

BabyD: praying for u :hugs:

Sunshine: all the best with transfer!

Hi to everyone! good luck for all the retrievals, transfers and test dates coming up!

BabyD still praying for you :flower:

Mells I'm so sorry :hugs:

Afm had our first scan yesterday to check the down regging worked. Everything looked great so I did my first stimming jab this morning! Feels very real now, like we've 'properly' started. It burned a lot but was better than I expected!

Can I ask what I should be doing to avoid ohss (drinking Gatorade, high protein etc)? And should I be doing it now or just after the retrieval?

Back from transfer, it went great. Honestly it was very quick and oddly enough, relaxing. My doc has an amazing facility and the room we were in felt like a spa.

First he did a "practice transfer" and injected a bit of hcg --he said it would help the embie stick.

Then, we had the 2 vs 1 conversation. He said for my age ( 31 ) and the quality of the embryos ( very good ) he would be comfortable trying just one but would do two if we insisted. He said one would be good enough for our situation, especially if we are worried about twins ( we are ). So we went with one. We definitely have at least 2 to freeze, maybe 3--so that's great too.

I laid still for 20 minutes after and then headed to an amazing, AMAZING acupuncture session. My acupuncturist said she was going to put me " on a cloud" and she really did. I havent been that relaxed in so long. Highly recommend it. I will be going to acu on Wednesday again too.

OTD is March 18th and already decided there will be NO POAS during this waiting period--I cant handle it. So now, we wait.

Hanging out on the couch allllll day and allll day tomorrow and even working from home on Monday to just take it easy. Fingers crossed!

sunshine - I'm happy to hear that your transfer went well and you guys were able to make a decision about how many to transfer! Enjoy being PUPO! I've also decided not to POAS ... but that can always change, :haha: I've been pretty strong thus far. 4 more days to go for me :happydance:

Hi to everyone! good luck for all the retrievals, transfers and test dates coming up!

BabyD still praying for you :flower:

Mells I'm so sorry :hugs:

Afm had our first scan yesterday to check the down regging worked. Everything looked great so I did my first stimming jab this morning! Feels very real now, like we've 'properly' started. It burned a lot but was better than I expected!

Can I ask what I should be doing to avoid ohss (drinking Gatorade, high protein etc)? And should I be doing it now or just after the retrieval?

RAF-- Congrats on getting started! I didn't get OHSS and I actually felt very comfortable while I was stimming, so I dont know if it was luck or if my diet played a role in the outcome, but here are a few rules I followed all during stims and between retrieval and trasnfer ( based on some doctor recs, plus research )

1. Drank 3-4 liters of water a day. It's a lot for sure, but I just always made sure to carry a liter water bottle with me and finish it when I could. I tried to drink a ton of water right when I woke up in the morning to get it out of the way. My doc said the more water I could drink the better--he said water was better than gatorade. I really felt amazing being so properly hydrated!

2. Ate a diet heavy on veg, protein, and calcium. Had smoothies every morning with fruit, yogurt, flax seeds....lunch was a spinach salad w hard boiled eggs and veggies, and then for dinner I would have grilled chicken and vegetables or lean turkey, brown rice and red beans on soft taco shells with cheese.

3. Cut out ALL caffeine during stims and cut back on wine ( I probably had about 4 glasses total of wine over the 10 days I stimmed )

I ended up with 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized. Today was my transfer and we transferred one high grade one, have two other high grade ones left over to freeze and maybe an additional one to freeze, depending on how it grows tomorrow....so m egg quality ended up being decent. Will never know if it was a result of what I did to try and avoid OHSS and be healthy too, but I dont think it hurt.

Good luck!

Sunshine- CONGRATS on being pupo! glad you made a decision that felt right for you x

BabyD- I hope an pray this lil buba's heartbeat gets stronger. Miracles can happen! stay strong and lets hope for a miracle for your lil bean. You know where i am if you want to talk x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Mothers day here in the UK tomorrow so felt very low today as i miss my own mum so much and feel so sad im not yet a mummy. I hope next mothers day see's me with our baby and all the rest of us of course xxx

Baby D- I posted on the other thread, but wanted to send you hugs here too. :hugs: Good luck Tuesday. Praying for a miracle for you.

Raf- What sunshine said!! Glad you are getting moving!

Ash- When is your OTD? I have to wait till March 15th. 6 more days. I'm trying like hell to not POAS!! I know it is way to early for the average person...so why stare at a BFN!

Sunshine- Sounds like you had a great transfer! Congrats on being PUPO! I also did acu before and after and it really helped for my well being. Lets all not POAS.... or atleast try!!! :haha:

cali - my OTD is March 13th so I have 4 more days and I also can't wait! I feel your pain with not trying to POAS but I POAS last time and was devastated when it was a BFN and didn't even want to do the PIO shots anymore (I still did though) so I'm really not going to this time. I've been so good too that I just don't want to ruin my streak of amazing patience :) Have strength girl! We'll get through, it's the weekend to try to go out and do things with your OH to pass the time. My OH and I just got back from playing pool, now we're cooking dinner and I'll probably go to bed at 9:30 because I'm exhausted and have a headache, then it will be tomorrow already, one day closer! WooHoo! :happydance: We got this!

Sunshine- CONGRATS on being pupo! glad you made a decision that felt right for you x

BabyD- I hope an pray this lil buba's heartbeat gets stronger. Miracles can happen! stay strong and lets hope for a miracle for your lil bean. You know where i am if you want to talk x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Mothers day here in the UK tomorrow so felt very low today as i miss my own mum so much and feel so sad im not yet a mummy. I hope next mothers day see's me with our baby and all the rest of us of course xxx

Big hugs!! :hugs: I hope next mother's day brings us all with full arms. I can't wait to have a mother's day. I think about it all the time..how wonderful it would be.

cali - my OTD is March 13th so I have 4 more days and I also can't wait! I feel your pain with not trying to POAS but I POAS last time and was devastated when it was a BFN and didn't even want to do the PIO shots anymore (I still did though) so I'm really not going to this time. I've been so good too that I just don't want to ruin my streak of amazing patience :) Have strength girl! We'll get through, it's the weekend to try to go out and do things with your OH to pass the time. My OH and I just got back from playing pool, now we're cooking dinner and I'll probably go to bed at 9:30 because I'm exhausted and have a headache, then it will be tomorrow already, one day closer! WooHoo! :happydance: We got this!

Ash- I want to be like you when I grow up! haha. :haha: Thanks for the support. I actually am busy, so even if I want to POAS, I don't think I would have the time or means. I work again tonight. I have instructed co-workers to not let me pick up at HPT in the ER under any circumstances! :nope: Then I wake up tomorrow and going to a friends house for dinner. Monday will be the hardest. I'm off that day. DH is holding them from me...and he won't give in. I have acu on monday, so that might make me feel refreshed and strong. Then work tues, weds, thurs. And right after work, early friday morning I test!!!
So March 13th is so close!!! I can't wait for you!

Oh wow you are busy! It's the best way to be though through this IVF TWW. Ahh you work near HPT's?! That makes it so much harder I'm sure! And good for your DH to keep them away from you! I really hope this is it for us! And yes, I'm so excited for the 13th and it is getting close but I'm getting a bit nervous ... I just don't want it to be negative ya know?

I work in the hospital,so HPTs are definitely in my range. I actually work in labor and delivery doing neonatal resucitations and NICU. :)

Hi everyone.... long time no post :)

I just wanted to jump on here quickly while I'm at work - spare time seems to be non-existent these days.

Congratulations to everyone who are pregnant, and those who are PUPO and enduring the 2ww.

I'm really sorry for those ladies who have not been so lucky this time around, and are having to make some hard decisions.

Hi to everyone else :flower:

This post is kind of like my little Community Health announcement to everyone......

I'm PREGNANT!!

I had my first ICSI in Januray, which unfortunately failed. My AF came before OTD (even though I was on Progesterone). I was due to do a FET this month with our one frostie, so I was waiting for my period to come, and getting quite annoyed when she was late as I wanted to get on with things. After about 4 days late I did a HPT (afternoon stream) which was definitely negative. After another 4 days of no AF I did a morning stream and couldn't believe my eyes when that second line started to appear. I just kept looking at it, not believing what I was seeing.

So for me what worked was lots of red wine, and not really trying very hard to get pregnant this month. I ran out of ovulation sticks before I even ovulated, so I don't even really know when it happened.

So the message that I really want to get across, is that these miracles do happen. So for those ladies who have had a disappointment, and are maybe waiting for FET (Wannabe etc), or have no frosties..... relax, and get :sex: in the mean time! I have heard so many stories of this happening, and am thrilled to say that I am one of them now :happydance: I'm just praying that this one decides to stay. xx

I'm trying to upload a picture... I know it's from 50 Shades but it is exactly how I felt after each failed cycle and even after my miscarriage. I think it's ok to fall apart. It took me falling apart before I could find the strength to move forward. Hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
Liko - awesome news that you got pregnant naturally!! :happydance: Congratulations, have a happy and healthy 9 months!

LiKo- Wonderful news! HUGE Congrats:happydance::bfp::happydance: x

Line- Love that quote too and how very true. Its the loss of the hopes an dreams that is heartbreaking. Hope your doing ok x

Hi to all the gang and for those in the UK, lets hope this time next year see's us celebrating our 1st mothers day xxx

Thanks for posting Linesman. Another quote I think about is from the movie Facing the Giants: I'm still clinging to a hope that one day we'll have children. I imagine them running in this house. I hear them playing in the backyard. Or running to our bed in a thunderstorm. And I think about reading them stories and teaching them songs. And I just keep thinking; how can I miss someone so much that I have never met?

Hi everyone.... long time no post :)

I just wanted to jump on here quickly while I'm at work - spare time seems to be non-existent these days.

Congratulations to everyone who are pregnant, and those who are PUPO and enduring the 2ww.

I'm really sorry for those ladies who have not been so lucky this time around, and are having to make some hard decisions.

Hi to everyone else :flower:

This post is kind of like my little Community Health announcement to everyone......

I'm PREGNANT!!

I had my first ICSI in Januray, which unfortunately failed. My AF came before OTD (even though I was on Progesterone). I was due to do a FET this month with our one frostie, so I was waiting for my period to come, and getting quite annoyed when she was late as I wanted to get on with things. After about 4 days late I did a HPT (afternoon stream) which was definitely negative. After another 4 days of no AF I did a morning stream and couldn't believe my eyes when that second line started to appear. I just kept looking at it, not believing what I was seeing.

So for me what worked was lots of red wine, and not really trying very hard to get pregnant this month. I ran out of ovulation sticks before I even ovulated, so I don't even really know when it happened.

So the message that I really want to get across, is that these miracles do happen. So for those ladies who have had a disappointment, and are maybe waiting for FET (Wannabe etc), or have no frosties..... relax, and get :sex: in the mean time! I have heard so many stories of this happening, and am thrilled to say that I am one of them now :happydance: I'm just praying that this one decides to stay. xx

wooohooo LIKO OMG congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->