IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

BabyD- Lots of luck for tomorrow's scan and i am glad we are able to chat an support eachother. Thinking of you x

Pcct- Aww yeah i don't blame u for testing early, but just wanted the other ladies to know its not always that easy an lots get later bfp. Hope your relaxing x

Yeah exactly and I my self have seen it happen loads of times plus most drs count ec as day 1 for there testing too so everyone is completely diff

Mells - the brown spotting could be implantation spotting though! Don't get too down yet. Are you on the PIO shots? Because if you're on anything progesterone related you shouldn't even be able to get your period since it maintains the lining ... ?

Ash, I've heard your not supposed to get AF while on PIO, but I did last time. So maybe I'm just one of those rarities. :haha:

Mells - dang I hope you're not the exception and you get your bfp! Im keeping my Fx'd for you.

Well I broke down and POAS...BFN. I'm sure AF will be here before morning. I didn't even get OTD. I'm devastated. We don't have any frosties and I don't think we can really afford this again.

Oh Mells i am so sorry :( big hugs and i know how you feel regards money, if our next cycle doesnt work and we have no frosties, that is end of the road for us financially. Lets hope something comes up or a miracle happens for you xxx

BabyD: hugs to you dear really hope you get some answers from the scan :hugs:

Pcct: awesome that the lines are getting darker.. So excited for u! :happydance:

Ash: wow u'll b testing in no time :winkwink:

Mells: really hope u get ur BFP FXed for u :hugs:

Kari- Wow, amazing beta! You ready for trips?!!! :dance: How exciting!!

BabyHopes- Congrats to you! :yipee: When did you do your HPT? I'm already ready to test and I'm only 2dp5dt!

Pcct- I'm so ready for your OTD!! That is so long! Your beta will be so high by then!!

Hey Cali.. I did POAS on day 5 and 6 and they were BFN.. But from day 7 onwards the lines started appearing.. Hope you have a success story soon to share :) fingers crossed for u!

Wow - I've been hibernating a bit waiting for the m/c to happen.. And I missed PCCT, Karis and Babyhopes BFP's!!! Congrats ladies!!! Amazing numbers! And so many are PUPO now.. Fingers crossed for you all. You all give me so much hope for my next FET. Going in to the main hospital here in Long Island tomorrow for a detailed scan to show what's going on and why I haven't M/C yet.. I kind of want it done with so I can mentally and physically move on. I'm a bit crampy for days on and off but no blood yet..fingers crossed for the best of the bad news for me tomorrow whatever that may be. Hugs to all!

A special thanks to AQ for our facebook chats and heart to hearts. Xoxo

:hugs: BabyD and my prayers and wishes with you. Am sure things will turn around and your dreams will be fulfilled..

Cali - I haven't thought about triplets, it will be challenging but I don't mind. I'm lucky to have a big family and a lot of help. So whatever God chooses to give me, will be for the best.

BabyD- ***hugs*** there is a plan behind everything. Life can be so cruel sometimes, stay strong and let's hope u get your BFP soon with your next cycle. It can't be easy, I'm sure. But we r all here 4 u to vent. Much love xoxo

BabyD & Mells--thinking about you both and the challenges you are dealing with right now. Sending positive vibes to you and holding out HOPE! There is always hope.

AQ- Hope you find out more info soon, thinking of you!

ASH-- OTD is so soon. Praying for you!

AFM- TOMORROW IS TRANSFERRRRRR! Yesterday was Day 3 and I broke down and called the embryologist ( even though they said they would call if there was a problem and if everything was okay we'd hear on Saturday ).

Anyway all 5 that were fertilized are still going very strong. She said that TWO of the five are actually ahead of where they should be on Day Three , overachievers she said....and then the other three she said are still very, very good quality and would be fine for transfer too. Pending some huge change before tomorrow, it looks like we have some good ones and maybe a frosty or two!

DH and I went out to dinner last night and had a long, serious convo about # to transfer. Our original thought was we would just do one is it was high quality, but now the idea of two kind of seems appealing too. Not even completely sure my doc would let me do two though since this is my first IVF? And just because we put back two doesnt mean we'll end up with two? How much does it increase my odds. Advice and experience from you ladies would be appreciated.

Pros of two: DH is 40, I'm almost 32 so 2 babies is the max we want, we'd be DONE. Also we wouldnt have to go through all of this again to get pregnant while we had a baby/toddler at home. Our house set-up would be perfect for twins---there is a large nursery upstairs they could share. We've waited for so long I thought we WOULD have two by now!

Cons: Risky pregnancy, sleepless nights for a long time, tiny odds of one splitting further and ending up with triplets!

Thanks for all of the encouraging words ladies...

Got back from my sonogram... there is a sac/yolk/fetal pole and a very weak heartbeat. I'm still measuring a week behind. He said it is still not looking good and that the heartbeat might stop soon... if by next week it hasn't turned around and I haven't started to miscarry- they will do a D&C. He did say there is a small glimmer of hope- but because we know exactly when transfer/timing was- to not get our hopes up. Praying for a miracle- but if it's not meant to be, I truly believe it won't be.

Thanks for all of the encouraging words ladies...

Got back from my sonogram... there is a sac/yolk/fetal pole and a very weak heartbeat. I'm still measuring a week behind. He said it is still not looking good and that the heartbeat might stop soon... if by next week it hasn't turned around and I haven't started to miscarry- they will do a D&C. He did say there is a small glimmer of hope- but because we know exactly when transfer/timing was- to not get our hopes up. Praying for a miracle- but if it's not meant to be, I truly believe it won't be.

BabyD, praying for your miracle!

I'm out :( just got the call and it's negative.

Thinking of you all but I'm taking a break for awhile.

BabyD- prayers going up for you. Miracles can happen. Will they do another scan next week?

Sunshine- my husband and I had that same conversation. I am only 24 so we seriously considered just putting the one. I had 7 embryos and all were excellent quality. But it come around and we eventually decided to put two. And I am so glad we did. I started out with twins but one didn't make it. I am heartbroken that I lost one but I cannot imagine that being the only one we put in there and losing it. We had several friends that have done IVF and put two and only got one baby. That was why we went with two. We liked our chances better. And if we would have had twins, I would be done and would never have to do this again. So it was kinda a win-win. Talk to your dr about it though. He can probably give you statistics. But I will tell you this, it needs to be something both you and your dh agrees on. Good luck!!

Baby - im so sorry you're still in limbo but im going to stay hopeful that the heartbeat strengthens and you get your forever baby!

Sunshine - yehp my test date is soon but im still staying patient and trying to stay busy. Yay for your embryos that theyre doing so well!! As far as transferring two vs one. I think if financially you're able to handle it and emotionally then go for it. The biggest thing for us was the financial aspect pf everything and once we decided that we could afford it we went ahead and did two. Obviously there are health risks but women have twins naturally all of the time its not like its uncommon or anything. Again though its a decision that only you and your DH can make.

Mells- I posted on FET thread, but wanted to say sorry here. I can understand how devastating this could be because we can't afford another fresh cycle either. We're here for you when you're ready to come back. :hugs:

BabyD- Wow- I can't believe you have to go through this! You poor thing. I'm saying T & P for you, hoping your little one will pull through and show us all a miracle. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->