• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI Jan/Feb/March 2013 lucky thread :-) 24 BFPS so far!! :-)

Hi ladies :)
Hope we are all well?

I cannot believe we are in Dec already! be the new year before we know it! soooo optimistic for this time around and im praying its 3rd time lucky xxx

stay positive africaqueen! time seems to be going quick doesnt it x

AfricaQueen, I was thinking the same thing. I was so upset before about having to wait a few more months for ivf, but November's come and gone. Next week, we'll be halfway through December. 

Rosie, I'm not exactly sure when my ec will be. I'm on Estrace for a few more days before I start provera; based on that, I'm guessing it will be around the end of February. I think I am on the long protocol. I know my doctor mentioned something about the antagonist protocol this time around. I am very nervous and excited. I pray this time works! 

i have a feeling we might not be able to go ahead in january now going to have to ring them 2moro to check:shrug:

AF started today which meant only a 26 day cyle (sometimes i have them that short) which means if cycle next month is the same ill be due on between 28th dec-1st jan but becasue i have to go for blood test on day 1-3 im pretty sure they are closed the week between christmas and new year and obv they wouldnt be open new years day, if we cant go ahead then we will have to delay till march/april :cry:

Hi Rosie, did you manage to find out if you will be able to go ahead next cycle if AF comes between Christmas and New Year? My AF is due 1st January, so could come any time around then too. I didn't even think that they might not let me start because they might be closed. I will ask at my appointment in Monday.

Hi Africaqueen, thanks for starting this great thread : ) I think I will be cycling in January if you could put that on the first page for me.

I found out my AMH results today, which were 17.1 - I was given a chart that says I am in the low fertility category. Surprisingly though I feel quite relieved because hopefully they should be able to get some eggs.

Rosie- If you do have to start in March you will be with me ;-) x

Cutie- Yes i will add you to the 1st page :) your AMH level is fine and im sure you will get lots of eggs. My AMH is 2.5 and we still managed 6 eggs last time although low quality x

Hi to wannabe, cz wife and all the gang. How are we doing? x

AFM- Got AF yesterday and by last night i was lying on couch screaming in agony. Dh was at work so my dad came round and took me to hospital. Nurse said her sister was exact same an she had Endo, so thinking its that as the pain is horrific! got a appt on 13th with Gynae clinic to get this looked into as i am suffering too much every month and its getting worse and worse xxx

Hello everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining you in your quest?

Well after a few failed rounds of clomid and 1 unsuccessful round of Gonal F my re has advised me to try one more Gonal F round in jan then start IVF in feb (depending on if I receive funding)

I'm very scared but a little excited. I have been researching IVF but hearing your true stories are so much better!

Thanks for reading

Xxx

Hi Rosie, did you manage to find out if you will be able to go ahead next cycle if AF comes between Christmas and New Year? My AF is due 1st January, so could come any time around then too. I didn't even think that they might not let me start because they might be closed. I will ask at my appointment in Monday.

Hi Africaqueen, thanks for starting this great thread : ) I think I will be cycling in January if you could put that on the first page for me.

I found out my AMH results today, which were 17.1 - I was given a chart that says I am in the low fertility category. Surprisingly though I feel quite relieved because hopefully they should be able to get some eggs.

hi i havnt managed to find out been worjing and its so busy, going to phone on monday and find out.

Welcome Oregon fingers crossed for you on your journey xx

Welcome Oregon! best of luck on your journey. Look forward to sharing it with you xxx

Update

Well I got the call this morning, I have been accepted but I have to have the 3 month prostap injection again I go on Monday for bloods and scan and the injection I'm going to be stimming with menapur this time starting around 4th of march needle teach is early February.

I'm excited to see this thread! I wondered if it was too soon to look for a group like this.

Our story: DH is 44 and I am 34. I have a 4 1/2 year old son from a previous relationship. DH and I got married in July 2011 and TTC for a few months before getting a SA for DH. He had been in a car accident, hit by a drunk driver and was severely injured. We kind of worried something was wrong because of that.

In Dec 2011, we found out he had ZERO sperm in his ejaculate. Azoospermia. We were devastated and spend months going through genetic testing, hormonal testing and lots of appointments. We settled on using donor sperm for IUIs but never got far enough in a cycle to get it done due to my LH being too high. We found out I had PCOS without the insuline resistance.

Last week, we met with the RE and our only hope now is IVF and they have to do ICSI due to the frozen sperm. We decided we would try to extract sperm from DH via needle biopsy, we only have a 20% chance of getting some, but have a donor backup. His procedure will be the day before my ER.

So, because it's been a year, we have to redo my CD3, 7 and 21 testing in Dec. Jan is going on the BCP and then we do IVF/ICSI/TESA. I'm really nervous about it failing, about the side effects and how we're going to pay for it.

Wannabe- Yayy looks like we will be cycling together then as we start early March too :) x

Cmaple- Welcome to thread and oh my you and your dh have had a tough time! i hope your cycle works and brings your miracle. Il add you to our 1st page x

Hi to Rosie, Oregon, Czwife, Cutiecat and all the gang x

Where are our other ladies? hope your all ok and look forward to a update x

AFM- Have a wk off work so upping the anti on the job search as my job has depressed me so much this past few wks i wake up almost crying at the thought of another day in that place so need to make a move. Life is too short to waste it like this. On thursday i have my gyne appt so really hoping they get me sorted as want to be all good to go for our 3rd cycle in March xxx

Hey am still here girls nothing much to report sorry I havnt been on much either!
Sorry to her about your job hun I feel exactly the same about my job as well :( dreading going back after all the time off I have had.
Hope everyone is doing well :) not long till we all start our ivf eeeek!

Hi Pcct! nice to see you back with us :) how are u feeling? all healed up now? Its awful to loathe your job so much isnt it? i know most ppl don't like their job but its got to the point of making me depressed now and can't live like this so going to change the situation and have a new job by the new year. Determined! :) what is it you do? i work in a call centre. xxx

Hi Pcct! nice to see you back with us :) how are u feeling? all healed up now? Its awful to loathe your job so much isnt it? i know most ppl don't like their job but its got to the point of making me depressed now and can't live like this so going to change the situation and have a new job by the new year. Determined! :) what is it you do? i work in a call centre. xxx

Yeah all healed up nicely :) thanks. My job inc the people I work with make me feel so down its such a dead end job! I work for sunlight which is an indrustral laundry I do the packing out with the systems, before all that I use to work in a few all centres would love to get back into it tho. I really wanna leave my job just now as well but with my ivf coming up and the time off I don't think I could get another job :shrug:

Ah its crap isnt it? :( i have been hanging on in my job based on last 2 cycles and they both failed, so god forbid if this one did too i would of stayed there for nothing. Its got to the point now that i hate it with a passion like i never did before so going to make sure i get a new job by the new year for sure. As regards IVF i would not tell my new employer i am having it. I would just get my doc to give me a note saying gyne post op recovery. I just can't put everything on this next cycle working as been heartbroken twice before and need to be optimistic but realistic too this time around for my sanitys sake xxx

Yeah well it defo sounds like u r doing the right thing am just worried that if I go into a new job the pressure will just get to me :/ it's such a hard choice to make- am due back on Thursday but am guna get get another week off...the way u have put it about going for another job makes me think twice and then think could get out there and get a new job too! Coz of my cycle fails I'd blame it on my job and the stress I just no I would!

If you hate it that much deffo look for another job. We need to be happy as we can whilst going through such a emotional procedure ;-) xxx

Hi Ladies! I was hoping I could join your thread. I'm doing IVF in January with ER set for the week of Jan 6th. This is my second IVF attempt. In Nov my cycle was switched to an IUI due to dropping E2 the day before retrieval. I had an ectopic in 2010 which blocked my right tube. My left tube is scarred due to a ruptured cyst. DH is fine, but we will probably do ICSI to give us the best odds since I'm 37 years old. GOOD LUCK!!!!! :thumbup:

I think u r right.... In fact u r right! My oh keeps telling me just to leave coz it's getting me down too much. What sort of work do u do at ur call centre?

Mells54- Welcome and best of luck with your 2nd cycle. I will add you to our 1st page :) x

Pcct- I work in a call centre taking calls for a large delivery company. Its awful. Your dh is right! get a little job that makes you happy x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->